Interest Check: X-men themed RP?

Started by Wolfy, October 30, 2010, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Bah, where's the excitement of it all?? It's like playing with fire.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Major Major

Fair enough, I suppose; I was just pointing that out, is all.

CurvyKitten

yeah I gave her some control over her powers but she still loses it at times. Her emotions and physical condition play a part in it. And no I don't think the IC has started not sure if it ever will unless one of us just say screw it and start it..lol

Major Major

The template is all wrong for this most likely, but oh well:

NAME: Robert "Bob" Holmes
CODENAME: Pax
BIRTHPLACE: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
POWER: Can temporarily negate mutant abilities by touching a person.
PERSONALITY: Gentle natured, with an occassional dry wit towards the more puzzling aspects of the world.
BIO: When most mutants think of Canada, they see it as being to Mutants what Nazi Germany was to Romani or Jews.

Most mutants are stupid.

On the whole, Canada is no different to any other nation in regards to its' mutant population; it's just that a few bad apples spoil the crop. Canada is a perfectly lovely nation to grow up in, as Robert Holmes can proudly testify. A native of Vancouver, Bob is currently on a GAP year before going to study at the University of British Columbia. He looks upon the Americans with a slightly baffled good-naturedness, finding their constant paranoid hysteria over mutants to be puzzling, but still liking their warm-hearted and friendly nature.

APPEARANCE: Messy black hair and brown eyes, stocky build, about 5'8, wears grey jeans and brown hiking boots, a black polo shirt and a Vancouver Canucks jacket. Has a seahorse tattoo on his right shoulder.

Well, I'm ready to go, at least.

Pockets

No, but I'll start one if I can find out if this is going to be a plain vanilla scene or if there is gonna be some heavy sexual elements to it. I know there's going to be sex, this is Elliquiy after all.

So if Wolfy doesn't respond with something, I'll see what I can't do to kick start this.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Wolfy

I'll start it soon enough...No one has given an opinion though on what events have and have not happened...so I figure we could perhaps go with no events happening, or at the very least all of them being mentioned only in back story.

Of course, I don't have much knowledge of all the events, soo....

Major Major

Well, I for one have only the vaguest knowledge of the series, and that only up to the Dark Phoenix Saga....

Wolfy

Plus I still have to create my own character..xD

I was thinking of having him being able to mentally create a sphere, or "Zone" where in mutant abilities are nullified and mutants are rendered normal humans for the duration that they are in the sphere.

What does everyone think? too over powered?

Major Major

Wolfy

He can do it by touch..mine through creating an area...but your right..hmm..I'll have to think of something else.

Pockets

I have a few suggestions if you're open to them Wolfy. Make it a school, people can be either teachers or students. Either way they have to have at least one Marvel character as a parent. And it can take place after the events of Operation Zero: Tolerance. Just say that nothing really significant happened after that for 20 years.
08/02 - New A/A Update

CurvyKitten

I have a few plot ideas... One of which I was going to use to bring rogue in. but I will hold off till we start. I have already thought of playing two charecters at one point. But fot now I'll stick with rogue. See if this thing gets kicked off the ground.

lex87author

I like the idea of a the school too, it gives us a place for fairly easy character (and ability) development, yet it wouldn't be that hard to come up with exciting things to do given that characters could just go "out" on missions every once and a while.

Oh and just PYI as a guy with an original character I'm not a fan of it being absolutely necessary for every character to have a Marvel parent, it restrict things too much; the whole thing that made mutants cool in my book was that anyone could be one and they could pop up at anytime. I'm not saying people can't make characters who had Marvel people as their parents, but to place that type of restriction on character creation seems a little silly to me.

Quote from: Wolfy on November 10, 2010, 11:35:26 PM
Plus I still have to create my own character..xD

I was thinking of having him being able to mentally create a sphere, or "Zone" where in mutant abilities are nullified and mutants are rendered normal humans for the duration that they are in the sphere.

What does everyone think? too over powered?

On a funny side note Wolfy, how would someone who inhibits abilities affect someone like Alexander who is liquid metal? Would he just become flesh and bone when being affected?

Wolfy

Quote from: lex87author on November 11, 2010, 09:29:35 AM
I like the idea of a the school too, it gives us a place for fairly easy character (and ability) development, yet it wouldn't be that hard to come up with exciting things to do given that characters could just go "out" on missions every once and a while.

Oh and just PYI as a guy with an original character I'm not a fan of it being absolutely necessary for every character to have a Marvel parent, it restrict things too much; the whole thing that made mutants cool in my book was that anyone could be one and they could pop up at anytime. I'm not saying people can't make characters who had Marvel people as their parents, but to place that type of restriction on character creation seems a little silly to me.

On a funny side note Wolfy, how would someone who inhibits abilities affect someone like Alexander who is liquid metal? Would he just become flesh and bone when being affected?

Yes, pretty much. Like when..Leech, I think, came in contact with Beast during the 3rd movie.

yuna0417

I help run a Marvel based RP on Telnet, and as rule, we do not allow Original Characters to be the children of or related too any Marvel Canon character.  Either full Original or full Canon.  Just my two cents.

Wolfy

I don't exactly see a problem with it, especially since this will be an alternate timeline. Though if someone is playing said Marvel Character, you'd have to get their cooperation.

Ashes

Quote from: lex87author on November 11, 2010, 09:29:35 AM

Yeah, I like the school idea as well. Gives it a bit of structure to work with.

Karasu

sounds fun to me ^^ lemme know when it's made and when the CSes are up XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

yasarra

I'm good with the school thing. *nods*

lex87author

Quote from: Karasu on November 11, 2010, 06:17:46 PM
sounds fun to me ^^ lemme know when it's made and when the CSes are up XD

Well the Character Thread is up Karsau: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=87640.0

As for the story thread, I don't know when that will be up lol

lex87author

Quote from: EroticWinged on November 15, 2010, 07:00:37 AM
So who's playing Professor X?

No one as far as I know, unless someone is planning to play him and hasn't said so to this point.

KnowThySire

I've been reading the past through pages of this thread, and I got to say that I'm extremely excited with the idea of an X-Men rp. I haven't rped an X-men roleplay since my days on gaia (A very, very long time ago). I was suprised to find that nobody wanted to rp as Wolverine. I'd like to take that chance if everyone's alright with that. I've had some exerience with roleplaying as him before, and I think that I can do as good a job as I did the other times.
There can only be one king.

Primarch

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from the game. College is getting more demanding and I'm already in a few games that have already started, adding another to the list is just going to stretch me unfairly, I won't be able to enjoy the games and my lack of posts might hold up other people. Sorry folks!

Wolfy

I had actually planned for Emma Frost to be running the school at this time....but if everyone wants Professor X, I don't mind.

Pockets

Well I won't be playing Charles, but I will be playing his son.
08/02 - New A/A Update