CHARON. .... F/F Exotic N/C Extreme sci-fi head-fuck {taken}

Started by Chrystal, April 09, 2016, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Charon
TAKEN

The largest moon of Pluto, no longer the satellite of a planet, but demoted to orbiting a planetoid. Charon is a planetoid in its own right, its size and gravity large enough that it and Pluto orbit a common centre of gravity. Named for the guardian of the underworld, the moon is rich in minerals. Transuranic elements, vital components for space flight, vital if mankind is to reach for the stars.

The furthest outpost of the Solar system, Pluto orbits the sun at an average distance of around six billion kilometres, taking almost two hundred and fifty years to do so. In fact the orbit is highly elliptical, almost cometary, and at its closet point is less that four and a half billion kilometres away from the sun, while at its furthest is over seven and a quarter billion.

It lakes the light of the sun six hours to reach Pluto when it is at aphelion. Even with the new technology for space flight discovered in the twenty second century, it still takes almost a year to get from Earth to Charon, and the launch window has to take account of everything in the way.

It was, therefore, decided that a permanently manned station on this furthest point of the solar System was non-viable. A manned expedition was sent to establish a mining base, set up the robotics and the AI to control them. The mission lasted four months, and then, with everything built and working, the mission withdrew, leaving the base they had built mothballed against the possible necessity of a return.

The AI that was set up to control the mining station was designed to be self maintaining, self diagnosing and self repairing to a certain extent, so that human intervention on Charon would be minimal, thus reducing the necessity of sending an expensive team of engineers on an even more expensive journey.

For several years everything went okay. Charon station sent its regular unmanned drones loaded with the vital supplies of rare minerals, which were picked up and hauled down by the Belters, mining the asteroids between Mars and Jupiter. A bounty paid to the Belters who brought in each Charon drone compensated them for the fuel they burned in catching the drones and steering them in to the refinery stations, and made it more than worthwhile to do so.

But when the flow of drones stopped unexpectedly, at first no one really noticed. The Belters simply assumed that someone else was catching them. The station controllers simply assumed that the pods had been taken to a different station. It was only when, after no drones had come in for nearly two months and someone at Charon Mission Control correlated all the data, that they realised something was wrong. The technicians in Wellington, NZ, checked all the telemetry and could see nothing amiss. The mining station was still, apparently performing as expected, but it simply wasn't sending the mineral drones.

It can take up to seven hours for a radio signal from Earth to reach Charon especially when the two worlds are on opposite sides of the sun, but the techies needed to know what the AI was doing. So they sent the signal.

Fourteen hours later, the replay came back: Malfunction: Urgent repair needed.

The techs checked their readouts again and could find nothing wrong.They sent a message back to Charon, saying this and requesting to know the nature of the malfunction.

Fourteen hours later, the reply came back: Nature of malfunction cannot be determined, urgent repair needed.

The techs talked it over with management, management talked it over with the backers and the banks and the politicians. The problem was that no-one was willing to justify the expense of sending a team all that way, to fix a problem that didn't seem to exist.

But the messages kept coming: Malfunction: Urgent repair needed.

In this 1970s Style Sci-Fi Erotic Thriller, I will play "Sharon", the AI that maintains the Charon mining base. I have a female personality programmed into me,  and I have constructed a number of female looking androids that I use for various purposes.

You, on the other hand, will play the lone volunteer who has been sent on a two year round trip to Charon, to determine the nature of the malfunction and correct it. Your character is highly skilled, intelligent, and can take care of herself. But what she finds when she arrives on Charon, after a year in cryogenic sleep, may well be more than she can cope with.

I want this to be like all the best elements of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Saturn 3, Prometheus, Demon Seed, Forbiden Planet, and any other movie of the genre, all rolled into one, with all the worst bits hopefully left out!

There are certain plot points that, if you want to write this one, you will need to know, but I will tell you by PM.

I would like a female submissive player, please.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Having waited for a reply from the player who said they wanted to write this with me for well over two months, I think it's reasonable to give it a bump.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Because of some confusion with the last two attempts at this story, this time I have drawn some plans...

Please note they are not to scale and are to give my partner the idea of what I have in mind so we don't end up writing at cross-purposes.