News:

Main Menu

Why not?

Started by EMO, November 23, 2012, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

Smile? Try raging boner. >:)

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Lux12

*looks at Dim with a raised brow then inches away then sinks a hatchet into the wall for the hell of it*Do all llamas do this to you?

Nadir

*laughs at Sin's vid*

Quote from: Lux12 on November 24, 2012, 01:29:58 AM
*looks at Dim with a raised brow then inches away then sinks a hatchet into the wall for the hell of it*Do all llamas do this to you?

Only if they are also highly intelligent.

Beguile's Mistress

MasterMischief

Quote from: Dim Hon on November 24, 2012, 01:22:42 AM
Smile? Try raging boner. >:)

Oooo, Dim!  Is that or isn't it a boner?

Silverfyre

I hope it is! I like playing with Dim's thingy!

MasterMischief

It is a lovely thingy.  But I do not think it likes me like that.  :(

EMO

Oh how I love intertaining the masses with my trollsmanship.  XD

Lux12

Quote from: EMO on November 24, 2012, 12:38:52 PM
Oh how I love intertaining the masses with my trollsmanship.  XD

Well at least now I know why this thread was created.Though I am a little disappointed by the answer.*is silent for a few seconds then begins tossing ice cream everywhere*

EMO

I scream, you scream, we all scream... BLOODY MURDER!

MasterMischief

Quote from: Lux12 on November 24, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Though I am a little disappointed by the answer.

Why should you be disappointed that vinegar tastes like vinegar?  Is it not the best vinegar you have tasted?  Embrace that.

Lux12

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 24, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
Why should you be disappointed that vinegar tastes like vinegar?  Is it not the best vinegar you have tasted?  Embrace that.
I'm beginning to think you are far more of a Taoist than anyone I know.

What if I did not know it was vinegar?

Jag

Quote from: Dim Hon on November 24, 2012, 01:43:29 AM
Only if they are also highly intelligent.

I agree with that on more than just llamas. *nods*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oreo

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: EMO on November 23, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Why not?

Why what is not and what is?

Why not what not is?

Why is what not not?

Why not live in a world of fantasy?

The purpose of the thread? I find it existentially stimulating. Very creative at getting the old cogs turning to try and make sense of what is, and what is not.

Why not? Is there a particular reason that we should or shouldn't? Why not join the peace rally? Does it help you, your neighbors, the world? Or is it a useless effort on the part of humanity?

Why what is not and what is? In the end, why does peace not exist in the first place? Is it humanity as a whole, is it the individual? Do we exist in a hive-mind mentality? What does exists is an almost ceaseless drive to be the director of the hive-mind. I am right, you are wrong. There can be no peace.

Why not what not is? The sad thing is, within each of us is a desire for peace, but a conflict with self. Boiled down to Karma, Fate, What goes around comes around, No good deed goes unpunished. We are left in a conflicting world where good is bad and bad is good. The reward for each is the same.

Why is what not not? Simple, there is no reward for peace other than what lies within your own mind. One man can be at peace with a torn paperback book in an alley sitting next to a dumpster. Another can only find peace with a collectors edition of Jane Eyre read in a plush room lined with burnished walnut walls.

Why not live in a world of fantasy? The world of fantasy is easier. The dream of peace is nothing more than that. "I have a Dream."

Thank you EMO for the thread. I hope it can prove more than mild amusement. I loved trying my best to answer the questions. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Silverfyre

Beautifully put, Cookie.

Oreo

:-[ Awww, thank you Mr. Fyre. *waits for someone to tackle phenomenology*

I would love to see others insert 'a topic' for the 'what' and explore the possibilities.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Silverfyre

I shall attempt it once I return to something other than ze smartphone.

Kythia

Quote from: Oreo on November 24, 2012, 09:53:27 PM
:-[ Awww, thank you Mr. Fyre. *waits for someone to tackle phenomenology*

I would love to see others insert 'a topic' for the 'what' and explore the possibilities.

Sounds like fun.  But sadly you've kinda set the bar a little high there, Oreo.

Why not? What's stopping you?  I don't mean this rhetorically, I mean it as a genuine question.  Why is it you can't do the things you want?  Do you lack the skills?  The time?  The money? 

Why what is not and what is? Why are those things stopping you?  Is this a genuine roadblock in your way or a roadblock you've created in your mind?  Is the lack of money, say, really stopping you from doing it or can you find another, cheaper, way of doing it?

Why not what not is? So the lack of money is real and not imaginary.  Fine, it happens.  All you need to do is tag a thing onto the beginning of your to do list. "Get Money" becomes item one.  And then back to the top.  Why don't you have money?  What's stopping you?

Why is what not not? But while you're getting money or learning skills or making time, you're not doing something else.  Be aware of that.  Embrace it.  Scream from the top of a rooftop that you know full well that while you're working on this project you're not working on that one but thats fine because, goddamnit, this is important to me.  Be aware of the costs and consciously accept them.

Why not live in a world of fantasy? Because its too fragile.  Imagine your perfect fantasy world, sure.  But then go out and make a solid plan for making that ideal world the real world.

Oreo

Whooo, Kythia. Looks like you nailed it just fine. *applause for avoiding apathy* ;D

MasterMischief

Quote from: Lux12I'm beginning to think you are far more of a Taoist than anyone I know.

The philosophical aspects really appeal to me.  What I have tried to apply has worked for me.  The mysticism?  Not so much.

Quote from: Lux12What if I did not know it was vinegar?

Does your knowing or not know change the vinegar's properties?

Why not?
Why is bad not good?

What makes a thing bad or good?  When something is declared bad, we recognize good.  They are opposites.  So if bad becomes good, good must become bad.

Why not what not is?
So who or what determines which side a thing falls on?  Obviously many people have different ideas of where things fall.  Is good and bad simply a matter of perception then?  Is there an absolute?  Was it created by god(s) and knowledge of it implanted within us?  Or do we determine based on survival instincts?

Why is what not not?
But good is bad and bad good.  One can not exist without the other.  Good can not exist without bad, therefore, by being bad it allows for the possibility of good.  How can that be bad?

Do we delude ourselves by separating things into good and bad?  Are these labels meaningless in the end?

EMO

Bravo! Your twisted minds have twisted reality to make this thread allot more interesting.

Why not?
Why not chase the mail man?

Why is it considered insane to act as an animal, yet perfectly normal but merely unacceptable to kill?

Why not what not is?
Why do we not become more accepting of each other's flaws instead of trying to "Fix" them?

Why is what not not?
Why can't we accept change, why are we stuck rejecting the value of what persons want for the simple want of people?

What is the harm in having a dream? Because a man once told us "To think of doing something bad is to have already done it."?

EMO

So what, now that it has purpose no one want's to play?

Oreo

Quote from: EMO on November 26, 2012, 01:48:41 PM

Why what is not and what is? It's been a long weekend, and I slept through most of it. In my mind all variables work here. Pick one or all. Just have fun. ;D

MasterMischief

Quote from: EMO on November 26, 2012, 01:48:41 PM

It seems to me the people who wanted to play have.