News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Blackspace, GIC vs AC

Started by Kevak, March 02, 2014, 04:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevak

On a couple other forums, I am running a game called Blackspace, it's a rather complicated Scifi space battle game and I will explain it as we go.

There is a npc battle that I need to do for some ingame world building and I felt like it would be more fun if I had people control the npc's and duke it out. So lets try that.

I can do this with two people, but the more the merrier.

Signups:

GIC (Galaxia Insurance Corp.) Internal Security Fleet 0067289:
Spearhead Cruiser:
Hunter Killer Destroyer:
Hunter Killer Destroyer:
Firebrand Destroyer:
Crescent Corvette:
Crescent Corvette:
Crescent Corvette:
Crescent Corvette:

Aquias Coven: Speaker Pod 071
Dread Manta Heavy Cruiser:
Twilight Angler Cruiser:
Star Striker Hunter:
Star Striker Hunter:
Star Striker Hunter:
Star Striker Hunter:

There are as many open spots as there are ships, I can do this with two people but more would be more fun.

Scale is as follows, largest to smallest: Dread Manta Heavy Cruiser, Spearhead Cruiser, Twilight Angler Cruiser, Firebrand Destroyer, Hunter Killer Destroyer, Crescent Corvette, Star Striker Hunter.

I'll PM everybody the ship abilities and blueprints when we start, the map overview will be posted here.

If you want to join then post the ship class you want.

Inkidu

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this sounds more like a group game. :T
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kevak

This is considered a forum game on all the forums I normally frequent, is the term different here? It is technically considered a group forum game.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kevak on March 02, 2014, 04:45:46 PM
This is considered a forum game on all the forums I normally frequent, is the term different here? It is technically considered a group forum game.
I'm not sure, but generally if it requires people taking on roles, and if people can't drop in at will if it behooves them, then I think it might be a tad too complex.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kevak

Quote from: Inkidu on March 02, 2014, 05:12:21 PM
I'm not sure, but generally if it requires people taking on roles, and if people can't drop in at will if it behooves them, then I think it might be a tad too complex.
Peeps can drop it at will, the game has fleet system as well as a decent enough npc control system if nobody wants to pick up a dropped ship. It really just comes down to Shoot such and such at targets A B and C and shoot such and such ad target D, then accelerate in some direction.

I take care of the vast majority of mechanics.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kevak on March 02, 2014, 05:27:40 PM
Peeps can drop it at will, the game has fleet system as well as a decent enough npc control system if nobody wants to pick up a dropped ship. It really just comes down to Shoot such and such at targets A B and C and shoot such and such ad target D, then accelerate in some direction.

I take care of the vast majority of mechanics.
Might want to run it by staff first just to double check.

Kevak

May I ask why I would need to run it by the staff in the first place? Is there a rule against this kind of game?

Kevak

Just incase, since it seems as though this forum uses dif terminology then I'm used to, I'll move this to the group roleplay section. Gonna lock this thread if I can figure out how and make a new topic in the group roleplay section.