Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Red looks up from the Aiden / Remiel slash fanfiction she's been working on and puts the quill to her lips. "Ummm. Huh. You know guys. I think we should take this a little more seriously. I mean, wizards are dying." She pauses and realizes maybe people were expecting more than that from her and sighs. "No, no I don't know what to do either."

She goes back to writing.

Remiel said to Aiden "You look so cool with that cigarette I just couldn't stop thinking about you." as he emerged from the fountain.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

persephone325

Sephie heard the news about the same time as everyone else. Everyone was quick to accuse everyone else, and to blame someone for the tragedy. However, Persephone just observed their actions for a while before coming to a conclusion herself.

The person who seemed the most suspicious to her, was Kythia. She was quick to make such a big scene in trying to accuse Luna, and quite a few people were already jumping on that bandwagon.

Athena, Persephone's guardian tiger, came over and nudged her hand. The commotion was making her uneasy. Sephie tapped her hand on her lap, and Athena jumped up to snuggle. She stroked her head gently and smiled. "No need to worry. This will get sorted out quickly." Sephie told her.

Although, a part of her wasn't so sure.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

Remiel was, of course, well away from the Ministry by the time the news of Moirae's death caught up with him.  He was in Flourish & Botts, signing copies of his latest literary triumph, Memoirs of a Wizard Ahead of His Time.  He had just finished scribbling his signatures inside the covers of his book for a group of giggling, starstruck young witches when a messenger came bustling up to whisper in his ear.

He paled at the news, his eyes going wide as saucers when he was gravely informed of Moirae's untimely demise and that he, Remiel, was being accused of perpetrating the heinous crime.  But even that did not rattle him as much as an even more insidious and perfidious accusation.

"Poor sense of style?!" he sputtered, his cheeks flushed red with outrage.  "But I... I never...who does he...the nerve!"   He leapt to his feet and stormed out of the bookstore, muttering a string of imprecations under his breath.  "Who does Aiden think he is, saying I have a poor sense of style?  I am nothing but style!  Why, all of my vests are hand-spun unicorn hair, and my cloaks are 100% sphinx fur!  He wouldn't know style if it settled around his fat, ugly head like an ascot!"

He continued to grumble darkly, Apparating back in the Ministry offices with an explosion of purple smoke and fairy dust.  "I challenge you, sir, to a duel!" he shouted at Aiden, brandishing his wand for emphasis.  "Josietta may be acting under an Imperius curse, but even she did not accuse me of having a poor sense of style!"   

RedPhoenix

Red's tongue squeezed out the side of her mouth as she focused.

"Why do you have all these news articles about me hanging up?" Remiel asked Aiden in shock as he finally saw the inside of his trailer by the beach where he kept his cool motorcycles.

"Look just because I'm a badass doesn't mean I don't have a sensitive side too." Said Aiden as he stroked the kitten he had rescued a few days ago.

"Oh, what's the cat's name?" Remiel asked, stepping closer and petting it too.

"Red. I named it after a princess I met. A princess who is cursed to never know love." Aiden said as he looked up into Remiel's eyes. They stared at each other forever as they petted the cat.

"Oh, I got you a new hat for your birthday." Said Remiel.

"Oh god I got you the same hat." Said Aiden.

"Well let's see how these look...on the floor...." and they kissed.

"Argh! No! Why would they put their hats on the floor that doesn't even..." Red sighed in frustration as she crumpled up the paper and throw it behind it where it bounced off of Kythia's head.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Luna 5
Kythia 4
Remiel 2
ThatRPGuy 2
Aiden 2
Starlequin 1
Josietta 1
Mr Bigglesworth 1

Yet to Vote:
Kendra, ThatRPGuy

Last Call:  Moving forward in about 12 hours-ish.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kendra

Oh that anyone would kill off such a wonderful witch as Moirae was too much for Kendra Maude Snickersnout to cope with. Bustling from her own office with a crumpled copy of the Daily Prophet in hand she made her way hastily to the elevator. The contraption moved sideways through the building opening and closing to allow others on and off as well as a deluge of interdepartmental memos whizzing like confetti over her head. She needed to make her way swiftly to the staff room and hope there was some measure of a calming draught in the cupboards to add to her morning tea.

Everyone that joined her in the elevator of course were buzzing with the news but Kendra kept her thoughts to herself. She could not imagine why anyone would want to hurt such a delightful person such as Moirae. Merlin only knew what sort of evil was now lurking again, Death Eaters! She had truly hoped that with the demise of He Who Should Not Be Named ... though every one was naming him these days ... that the infernal DE would disband. It seemed not the case and now her dear friend had fallen because of their dark ways. Hurrying out of the elevator she scurried along, what of Mr. Bigglesworth, that wizard was a danger to everyone including himself with those potions of his. Was that a ruse, was he really plotting the downfall of the Ministry from within with poisonous brews? Kendra stopped in her tracks, could he be a death eater?

Galactic Druid

(Sorry everyone, I'm in a big rush today, busy weekend and all, I'll add some flavor text to my next post, but I'll just vote for now to keep from slowing everyone else down.)

"I'm sorry, Luna."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Sarena

Voting Results:

The decision made, Luna was dragged off, never to be seen again.  A swift search of her belongings and office within the Ministry of Magic revealed that she was just another wizard here to try and stave off the threat of another Dark Lord/Lady.  It seems the wizards are on an unlucky streak. 

Night Phase Begins!

Those with Night abilities, PM me and let me know who you want to attack/guard/scry etc!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kythia

"No no no."  Kythia explained.  "You clearly don't understand the system.  They were ranked in order of most evil, not in order of most likely to be a death eater.  Luna was clearly incredibly evil, world shakingly evil, too evil even for the Dark Lord.  The important point to remember is that my system definately works."

Quack

"No.  It's not as stupid as most of your ideas but in this case it stands for Role Play.  That Role Play Guy."

Quack

"Oh, it's a muggle thing.  They sit at home on their computers and pretend to be witches and wizards, writing out what they'd do.  Stupid if you ask me.  And a little creepy."

Quack

"No, you're not a death eater.  Do you even know what a death eater is?"

Quack

"No.  That, that couldn't possibly be more wrong.  You clearly don't know what a Death Eater is and frankly, based on that answer, I don't believe you know what a walrus is either.  Now, be quiet.  We're all sitting at home on our own with our backs to the door and no defensive spells."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi wonders as she sips her tea why the smell of duck confit is suddenly teasing her.

Sarena

Everyone was on edge as morning came.  Would there be another attack?  With the news of a flying car making headlines in all of the major papers, muggles and wizards alike, there was a collective sigh of relief among the wizards gathered at the Ministry of Magic.  The wizards were lucky this night.  Either the healer or the guardian were doing their job and well.  However, they still had to find the Death Eaters and the new Dark Wizard.  Someone still had to pay for the deaths of the innocent wizards.

Fun with Potions

One unwitting wizard's words have unlocked the first event.  Please make sure to read and start immediately, and for the love of everything literary, HAVE FUN WITH IT!  There has been a terrible accident in the potion master’s lab and for the duration of the next night/day cycle, players are required to speak in rhyme! This includes PMs as well as in game posts!  GM will announce when it is over. 

VOTE!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x3-6

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x2-4

RedPhoenix

Red rubbed her head and glared at Kythia.

"Well this is quite a mess
You had better confess
Your witchy evil-ness
You wicked temptress!"

She blinked and tried to stare down at her own mouth. Which is pretty tricky.

"Who could cast such a spell
In this dark, dire time
Death eaters and ducks
And now we must rhyme?!?!?"

Kythia

Kythia carefully took down the picture of the undoubtedly evil Luna from her wall display and checked who was next.  She was just about to point out their next target when RedPhoenix spoke up.  She looked at her in confusion.

"Noone knew for sure
At that most early time
And while Luna is impure
I think you're wrong to, no wait that doesn't rhyme.

The point I'm trying to burst
(If we pretend burst means "make")
Is that in voting first
Its something something cake

I'm realise that bad, this is going
Yoga-style, I've lost the scantion
But you have know way of knowing
Man, wish I hadn't said "scantion"

An early vote isn't a trend
Later voters made us cash her book
Others agreed with me, my friend
And it's towards them we should look.

People voting later, such as Chelemar
Are the reason we saw Luna's back
I think my duck sees quite far
When he points out: "Quack quack quack"

Galactic Druid

Bursting from his office, Guy shouted across the room;

"Now this will not do! We're supposed to be Aurors!
I can't sound like a clown while I face evil horrors!

I would like a word, with our potions school;
This scandalous act makes you a downright fool!

This was no mistake, you're playing some game,
With a Dark Lord about! You should be ashamed!

And so I must say, at risk of sounding crass,
Take your magic, and shove it up your nose!"

With that, he stormed back into his office to figure out just who was responsible.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Kythia

"Mr Waddles has just said to me
That I made a spelling error
With no way to change history
I'll use this to clear the air.

Star Wars, incudes a character named
Yoda, but in mistake
Yoga, is what I actually claimed
Blah blah blah snake."

RedPhoenix

"You're just covering up that your logic is lame!
I bet you meant yoga until you tried to do crane!"

RedPhoenix replied crossing her arms.

Kythia

"I tire of ABAB
But I'm enjoying speaking in rhyme
Shakespearean Sonnet for me
Or, at least, this time

CDCD now in the joint
While I point out in seclusion
Your argument's final point
It's finale, its conclusion

Claiming that leading the stakes
Against Luna makes me bad
Requires my evil teammates
To ALL follow, which is mad

For, RedPhoenix, the case is  as I hope you see
If I were starting a bandwagon, every single death eater would have had to agree

Beguile's Mistress

Rhyme, schmyme! 
That’s so sublime!
I can speak in rhyme
Any old time!

Death eaters dance by the dark of the moon
And wizards and witches will look for them soon.
Should dark magic get the upper hand
There is no hope for saving our land..
Now, I’m sure it’s Kythia who is a Dark Lord’s goon.

Kythia

Quack
Quack
Quack
Quack

"Oh, that's too easy Mr Waddles
It really is absurd
It's very easy to make rhymes
When you only say one word."

Chelemar

Chelemar lifed her left eyebrow at the one named Kythia's words
The witch with the duckie, really seemed absurd.

How she chattered with the web footed one
made her seem as though moon struck,
How to take her seriously
when her advice comes from a duck?

She really could be crackers.
Chelemar hanged her head in  sorrow
but, I'd really like to awaken
with my head intact, tomorrow.

And then there's the terrible murders
The evil that's in the air
People sneaking around in darkness
Witches dying everywhere.

The killer is among us,
that much she knew was true,
But how to figure out
the one we must persue.

Chelemar sat and pondered
she studied and she spelled
she potioned and she puzzled
then finally, with a snap of fingers,
she jumped up,and she yelled.

"Duck, dark, sounds with art,
the witch's shifty ruse "
as suddenly she knew.
"Kythia is a ditz at all,
but a dark one in disguise,
and the duck? Why it could really be
an Acromantula
with eight huge watching eyes."

RedPhoenix

"Ah this is horrible, my mind is all rotten
Kendra cast a vote she'd hope'd be forgotten!
A vote for a cat at the end of the day?
With hours to go and no possible sway?
What could it accomplish what was the plan?
Unless she works for a snake faced man!
Appearing to talk when really she babbles
Let's cast spells at her til the Riddle unravels!"

Mr Bigglesworth

Last night we all survived
Thanks to the guardian or healer Mr. B. surmised.

Safe he did not feel
This situation was not ideal.

It would be no surprise if,
among them the Death Eaters did thrive.

Were they safe with Chelemar around?
He thought not, and said so, standing his ground.

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 2
Kythia 3
Kendra 1
Josietta 1

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, James Moriarty, Josietta, Kendra, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325, Remiel, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Remiel

Remiel squared up, glaring at Aiden, tossing his ostentatious cloak back with a flourish.  He lifted his wand, made out of jerkwood and a fop hair core, and raised his off-hand at a jaunty angle.  As a pose, it was particularly impressive.  Remiel was nothing if not a showman, and he decided to give his fans a show. 

"Ready?" he challenged Aiden.  "En garde!"  He stepped forward.  "EXPELLISMARMUS!"  A flash of brilliant blue light leapt from the wand.  Unfortunately, it bounced off of Aiden's belt buckle, rebounded and hit him right smack in the face.  He had barely time to register a shocked expression before he was sent reeling, tumbling head over heels, to crumple in a sad heap.

He picked himself up, coughing in the billowing, brightly-colored smoke that had resulted from his misfired spell.  It seemed to be spreading, wafting throughout the building.

"I meant to do that," he coughed, adding,  "In what have I sat?"

Something quacked angrily underneath him.  It was Mr. Waddles the duck, Kythia's familiar.  As Remiel leapt up in alarm, the duck, outraged at being sat upon, bit the wizard in the derriére.

"Ouch! My rear!" he shouted, then looked confused. "What is going on here?
Forced to rhyme? How curious.  In time, I'll be furious!
'Tis a most wicked curse makes me now speak in verse!
Who's behind this? Who indeed? Who's behind this foul deed?
'Tis the Dark Lord! It must be! What a catastrophe!

But who hides in clever guise in front of trusting eyes?
Is it Chelemar? Is she at fault? Is she behind the assault?
No, 'twas not her! I cannot speak for sure,
but she seems in this sport like the trustworthy sort.
And just as a Jinx spell contains Witch's Wort,
I can vouch for her.  By my aunt Greta,
I still suspect Josietta.

Josietta

Josietta was frustrated and tried in vain,
To understand why one would trust a duck! It was surely insane!

She shook her head and bowed it down low,
Speaking to all that was around, concise and slow.

"Who else but a dark one driven insane
Would stoop so low to play this game?

Rhyming like loons and speaking like fools?
Surely you all must have the tools,
To see just how crazy to trust a duck can be
He may be animagus and tricking you and me!

I still am unsure of Kythia and her true nature,
Surely we'd see a witch in our field who was much more mature?

You voted me in and must trust me to be true,
Keeping sending off innocents and we will all be doomed!"

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!