News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dollhouse

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 12, 2010, 11:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I was watching Dollhouse last season and till the very end of it, I got the 'meh' feeling. So I didn't watch many eps of it this season. I felt bad, I'm a HUGE Whedon/Dushku fan.

But it didn't click.

Then I downloaded the Hulu and and watched some of this season's eps..

GOOD LORD.. Echo is an EVIL bitch... 40 personalities/intellects/skills.. the other dolls are developing simular traits.. WOW.

Shame that it's being cancelled.

Beguile's Mistress

I know how you feel.  I caught my first episode the other night (their schedule and mine meshed for once) and felt bad that I liked it because it's being canceled. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 12, 2010, 11:55:38 PM
I know how you feel.  I caught my first episode the other night (their schedule and mine meshed for once) and felt bad that I liked it because it's being canceled.

I personally think it takes Joss a while to hit his swing thang  going. The first season of buffy was MEH compared to the finale of that season. (Buffy dying was an impressive move I thought)

And I HATE the fact that Firefly got got screwed over by execs. (Shuffling the pilot to the 2nd episode slot, making MULTIPLE prempts ect)

Darkcide

I tried to watch dollhouse during the first season since I'm a Whedon fan, but it just didn't catch on with me. Outside of an interesting concept, everything else was just shallow and half done in my eyes. It is a shame that it is being cancelled, but I hope Whedon will move onto bigger and better things.

Ghostly

I've been keeping up with it since I'm a Whedon fan, but now I'm basically just watching it for some of the actors, especially Enver Gjokaj. His Topher impression is freakishly good.

auroraChloe

i've enjoyed the show from the beginning.  and am VERY sad to see it go.  i wish it got picked up else where and they didn't have to rush through to an 'ending'.    it feels rushed and that certainly takes away some of my enjoyment.

Quote from: Ghostly on January 19, 2010, 03:05:25 PM
I've been keeping up with it since I'm a Whedon fan, but now I'm basically just watching it for some of the actors, especially Enver Gjokaj. His Topher impression is freakishly good. 
haha that was too funny!

a/a 8/21/17

corwynn

I too watched all episodes on hulu and almost stopped watching by the end of the first season. But I was so glad I kept up with it, because the second season is really, really good.

A few of the second season plot twists seemed rather contrived though. Maybe it was because he was trying to fit multiple seasons' plot into one season or something, but I found it difficult to get behind the reason the characters did things at times, and that bothers me, especially in a show like this that focuses so hard on the characters and their interactions.

Quote from: Ghostly on January 19, 2010, 03:05:25 PM
I'll agree with you there! I actually had to rewatch it the first time he did it, because I was convinced there was some kind of special effects or overdubbing involved.