News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Had to make the Riot CEO and president look good, I see. :P

apygoos

Mister Nashor was looking pretty good with his future visual upgrade. but lol Ryze, CEO power OP,in  every cinematic thus far. Kat in 2 for 3 now too

Chris Brady

I wish Darius' art let him use his sword in both hands.  I find anyone wielding a single blade with nothing in his/her off hand silly and off putting.  This is a fight, not a duel or a sport.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

apygoos

that wasnt Darius..that was Demon Blade Tryndamere.

Shjade

Yeah, Darius uses an axe. The other swordsman was Garen.

Two things I found strange/silly about this video:

1 - ...why does it exist at all? It didn't introduce any new story element or anything as far as I could tell. Why did they make a random cinematic for already existing stuff?

2 - When they went to the trouble of showing champions using their abilities in cool cinematic style and everything, why didn't Nocturne ever use his shield to block a spell from Ryze? >:|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Spell

They made it for no reason at all to be honest, just to show something cool to the fans. =)
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on May 26, 2013, 04:15:44 PM

Two things I found strange/silly about this video:

1 - ...why does it exist at all? It didn't introduce any new story element or anything as far as I could tell. Why did they make a random cinematic for already existing stuff?

2 - When they went to the trouble of showing champions using their abilities in cool cinematic style and everything, why didn't Nocturne ever use his shield to block a spell from Ryze? >:|

It was on cool down.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Revelation

Quote1 - ...why does it exist at all? It didn't introduce any new story element or anything as far as I could tell. Why did they make a random cinematic for already existing stuff?

Cuz they wanted to make it. They thought fans would like it (And the response has been extremely positive!)
Quote2 - When they went to the trouble of showing champions using their abilities in cool cinematic style and everything, why didn't Nocturne ever use his shield to block a spell from Ryze?

Ryze is the CEO of Riot, gotta make him look good.

apygoos

the portrayal of Nocturne was fantastic. people keep asking why/how Ryze's scroll was cut. people fail to realize he was under the effects of Nocturne's paranoia.
This also proved how much of a VU Garen could use. in game currently he seems just way too bulky/stiff. I dont mind large armor, infact i think it suits him, I think it could just be refined more to the likes that we saw in the cinematic.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on May 26, 2013, 04:15:44 PM
I meant Garen.  I like that he's a heavy armour dude, I just wish his over sized sword either came with a shield or a two handed hilt.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

apygoos

its a hand and a half sword, you can see how physically taxing on him it is to use one hand. infact most of the time hes using two hands.

Chris Brady

Not in game. :)  His animation set constantly has him using it in one hand.

I want more two handed animations sets for the appropriate swordsmen.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 26, 2013, 10:19:05 PM

I want a million RP.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

As for things I liked about the video: their interpretation of Garen's ultimate made me laugh out loud. Not a whole lot or anything, but just the look on Kat's face, that OHSHI moment and then GINORMOUS SWORD FROM THE SKY.

Yeah, that was good. :3
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 26, 2013, 10:19:05 PM

Do you realize you're applying logic to a fantasy game?

Revelation

I have to admit. Any time I see Garen attacking by punching the enemy instead of using a sword, im fine by it. Killing Chogath? PUNCH. Taking down a dower? RIGHT HOOK. Its just hilarious.

Ryven

His punches are apparently action packed!

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ryven on May 26, 2013, 11:58:35 PM
Do you realize you're applying logic to a fantasy game?
Logic nothing, I just don't like one hand weapon, no off hand.  Either give him a bloody shield or use that sword in two hands!

;)

Shjade

Garen used to use his sword in both hands.

Had to be nerfed. Too stronk.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

All right, you win.  That was awesome.   ;D

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 27, 2013, 01:47:37 AM
Logic nothing, I just don't like one hand weapon, no off hand.  Either give him a bloody shield or use that sword in two hands!

;)

Ever heard of fencing?

Revelation

Quote from: Ryven on May 27, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Ever heard of fencing?

To be fair, even old fencing is not done with a sword like Garens.

Ryven

Quote from: Changingsaint on May 27, 2013, 10:51:59 AM
To be fair, even old fencing is not done with a sword like Garens.

Again, applying logic to a fantasy game. :P

Revelation

Quote from: Ryven on May 27, 2013, 10:53:16 AM
Again, applying logic to a fantasy game. :P

M'just saying. If you're bringing up fencing, there is still a bit of differnece. Its not logic, just saying bread is not like pumpkins. :P

Ryven

No, but in Garen's case, you're talking about pumpkins the size of Mt. Everest.  No one uses a sword that big in any kind of application, fighting or not.  The difference is really moot when you look at it that way.