The Next Avatar

Started by apygoos, September 22, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

So while we have yet to reach the conclusion of Korra's story in The Legend of Korra, this idea came form me wanting to play an OC Avatar. This though of course prompts the possibility of a good small group game. how so? well you might have guessed it, a new Team Avatar. what I'm interested to see if maybe four or five people would be interested in this role-play/collaborative story. Character building, world building, that's all part of it.
This will be an Avatar world about 18-25 years after Korra has passed on, so you might be able to take a guess how old the new Avatar might be~ I'm not quite sure where in his avatar journey he would be, but as we all know, friends help it quite a bit ;)

Name:
Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]:
Personality traits:
History:
Connections:[IC character connections with others/thoughts of others, can be added to over the course of the RP]
CharacterImages:

MaiMizzu

I think this sounds fun. Ill prolly join as a chi blocker.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

chi blockers can be fun~
anyone else out there?

Juggtacular

I'll join with a character I had in another Avatar rp. Badass Earthbender who I'd like to be a child of Toph or Lin if that's possible.

apygoos

if you were the child of Lin youd be something like in your fifties or so. granddaughter would put you more around the same age as the avatar [if thats what you were going for.]

Juggtacular

My mind was still on the other rp when I put that up. Yeah a grandson of Lin or Suyin.

apygoos

that sounds good, hopefully we get more interest.

zergmuncher

Love the Idea Apy, I could step in and be your fire bender! :D Since fire is my element and I love it's destructive capabilities I think i'd do very well at playing a fire-bender.

catherinehellfire

I wouldn't mind joining this.  I'd love to try a water bender.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

apygoos

apygoos

well while interest is still trickling in I should make a few things clear.
While it is in fact an RP, I view it as a collaborative writing between us. This Game I want to go very long term, and really get to dive deep into the world we create.
where I'm at in my own characters construction is:
He is a 23 year old earth nation boy, born to a firebending father and an earth bender mother. Very similar to Korra, he demonstrated great aptitude in bending his parents elements, already being a master earth bender that many compare to the Beifong bloodline. Soon enough he had to begin his travels to learn to master the elements. His father taught him the basics of firebending, but told him of a place in the Fire nation to seek out a stronger master that might better handle the power of the avatar [a few other reasons too, but id rather that  come out in RP]. Airbending is his challenge and he took several years mastering. I am considering making his story pick up either at the tail end of his Airbending training, or he just then "mastered" airbending, and now takes the next step to learn water bending.
alot of this is subject to change and/or expansion. this is just where I am currently.

MaiMizzu

I need you guys' advice, since takun isn't being useful (glareglare!)
Should I play a chi blocking warrior badass type, like the kind that can hold her own or beat most benders? Or should i play an air nomad? I got the basic char figured out, like look and personality. Just need to figure this out..
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Juggtacular

I was thinking of an Earthbender descended from Toph. Either Lin or Suyin's grandson, and he is the current "prodigy" of the Beifong's, able to utilize all the sub-sets of Earthbending due to natural talent and a lifetime of training. Maybe he and the Avatar could be friends, and the reason he's so often compared to the Beifong's is that he and my character spar all the time or something.

Saiyuri

I'm very interested in this game. I, like the familiar face I see in here (hey Jugg!) was part of another avatar game that has since died down.

If possible/allowed I would like to play an air nomad! Or if that spot is already taken, a fire bender!  :-)

Juggtacular

Hey Saiyuri! Maybe we'll actually get to rp this time, lol.  XD

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 27, 2014, 02:41:00 PM
Hey Saiyuri! Maybe we'll actually get to rp this time, lol.  XD

Oh I hope so! You're writing style is exquisite!  And it would be so much fun to play an Avatar game!! ;D The new season is supposed to start in October I heard! Is that true??

Juggtacular

Yeah. It's starting next month. And yours ain't too shabby either.  XD ;D

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 27, 2014, 02:57:53 PM
Yeah. It's starting next month. And yours ain't too shabby either.  XD ;D

Woot! Can't wait! And thank you!  :-[
I hope apygoos approves my character.  :-)

apygoos

I will hopefully have a sheet up soon for everyone to use.

apygoos

Quote from: Saiyuri on September 27, 2014, 02:46:04 PM
Oh I hope so! You're writing style is exquisite!  And it would be so much fun to play an Avatar game!! ;D The new season is supposed to start in October I heard! Is that true??
next Friday it starts, i linked the trailer in an above post.

Saiyuri

Quote from: apygoos on September 27, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
next Friday it starts, i linked the trailer in an above post.

Oooo! I hope it's as awesome as the last book! I wonder what they're gonna do with Korra now?

apygoos

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/korra-book-4-trailer-89471257.html
here's the link to the trailer
and I have posted the sheet template in the original post.

Saiyuri

Awesome! Thank you so much!
Here's my possible character sheet if the air nomad idea is okay :)

Name: Mei Yun (Which means Beautiful Cloud)

Nationality: Earth Nation

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Air bending

Personality traits: Mei Yun is a sweet girl; kindhearted, quiet, and calm. As a pacifistic she would rather talk out disagreements than fight or be part of a confrontation. She also loves to meet and make new friends with people, spirits, and animals alike! (Brief Bio: Standing at 5 feet 8 inches she weighs approximately 120 lbs. She is physically fit and has great flexibility and agility. Her hair is a short pixy cut style the color of snow. Her eyes that of faded jade, warm and always happy. She wears the customary colors of the air nomads; garb consisting of yellows, oranges, and reds.  Also, on her left wrist she bears a tattoo of the air nation emblem of the spiral orb.)

History: Mei has been an orphan her whole life. Growing up with nothing she was accustom to not owning any worldly possessions and being in solitude. As a child she loved hearing stories about the avatar before she and the other children would be put to bed. Fascinated by the air nomad culture, Mei would get her hands on every book she could find to learn more about them. Soon she became well versed in air nation culture, history, and habits and around age 4 found she had the abilities of an air bender. Mei spent most of her energy trying to become one with the spirit world through meditation and practicing her air bending. Through her rigorous meditation sessions she developed a strong bond with the spirits that inhabited the world. Her dream has always been to travel to the air temples but her ties to the Earth Nation has always kept her grounded. Wanting to give back to her former place of residence, Mei has been teaching the current orphans how to read and write since the passing of her former instructor. 

Connections: Possible connection with Jugg's character? That's up to him though. Otherwise, no connections :)

CharacterImages:

Juggtacular

Name: Lu Ten Beifong
Nationality: Earth Nation
Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Earthbender (Metalbender, Lavabender, Sandbender)
Personality traits: Lu Ten seems to have inherited a mixture of personalities between his grandmother(Lin), grand aunt(Suyin), and great grandmother(Toph). During training or combat situations, he mostly maintains a very serious demeanor, trying his hardest to overcome the situation. At times though he'll slip out a joke or do something silly in the middle of a fight. Outside of training though, it's very easy to see Toph in him, and he's just a joker who likes to have fun. And his dedication to family and friends is unwavering. He'd die to save any one of his friends if it was necessary.

History: While many thought it wouldn't happen because she was too dedicated to her job and too tough, Lin Beifong finally found a husband who accepted and loved her for who she was; a man named Fong who'd come from Zaofu to join the Republic City police force after seeing Lin in action during the attack by Zaheer and the Inner Circler of the Red Lotus. He quickly worked his way up and caught her attention. They began to spend time together and it wasn't long before they fell for one another.

After a few years, Lin got pregnant. She and Fong remained in Republic City and started a family, and Lin opened her own branch of the Beifong School of Earthbending after retiring from the Police Force. She and Fong raised their kids in a loving, yet somewhat strict environment. And their youngest, Shang, set out on his own when he was 18 to see the world. It's clear he got that from somebody in their family. He finally settled down years later, and he had a son he named Lu Ten in honor of Iroh's friendship with Toph.

Lu Ten was born with a rare form of Albinism that caused him to have white hair and red eyes, but his family didn't love him any less. Lu Ten from a young age heard countless stories of Great-Grandma Toph, Grandma Lin, and Auntie Suyin; even stories about Opal and the others. This caused him to want to make his family proud, so he trained and trained and trained since childhood to make them proud of him. It turns out he was a prodigy, and soon became known far and wide for his mastery over seemingly all forms of Earthbending as he grew. He participated in tournaments across the globe, and even took his Pro-Bending team, the Beifong Bruisers to two championships.

(I'll edit his story once I work out how he and the Avatar are going to meet, or if they already know each other)

Connections:[IC character connections with others/thoughts of others, can be added to over the course of the RP]

CharacterImages:

MaiMizzu

Name: Akari

Nationality: Water Tribe

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Water Bending

Personality traits: Akari is a very caring, very compassionate young woman. Her friends sometimes call her the ‘mother hen fish’ type. She does worry, but she also knows how to have fun. She is always cheerful, and always trying to look on the bright side of things. Even when things seem their bleakest, she seeks the positive. She is a very talented Water Bender, one of the strongest of the Southern Water Tribe. She is good in a fight, often finding inventive ways to come out on top.

History: Akari was born in the Southern Water Tribe to Takret (mother) and Nilak (father). Before she could even walk she showed signs of being a Water Bender. And by age 6, she had become the most talented of the Water Bending apprenticesin her age group. Her life growing up wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, really. She is an only child, but her parents didn’t want to spoil her. They taught her the value of hard work, of being a responsible part of her village. She has dabbled in the healing arts, but it’s something she still needs a lot of training in.

Connections: None Yet

Character Images:

zergmuncher

Name: Shen Tsan

Nationality: Fire Nation

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Fire Bending, Lightning Bending

Personality traits: Shen is a real ladies man and knows exactly what to say and do to win their hearts. He's also quite the risk taker and most of his decisions have stacked odds against him. His greatest plus is also his greatest negative as his risk taking sometimes leads him into extremely difficult situations. Shen is what most call an adrenaline junkie and he accepts it. As a talented fire and lightning bender Shen used it almost as much as people eat and drink. This makes Shen extremely dependent on his bending.

History: Shen never really knew his parents, nor did he know if he had any siblings. Shen grew up on the streets stealing the food he needed to stay alive as well as food for others in his same unfortunate circumstance. Even at the young age of 10 Shen knew that he was meant for something greater. He would take risky shortcuts and it would more than often aid his escape. Capital City was his playground, and he wasn't about to stop. Later on when he grew to the age of 18 he started working as a performer that end up making him quite famous. He was stunt devil and loved living on the edge. Kept him feeling alive is what he would tell reporters that asked him why he did what he did. Shen is a fire bender and uses it in all of his stunts.

Connections: Met the Avatar at a play on Ember Island. Afterwards joined the avatar's company and has been traveling with him since.

Character Images:

catherinehellfire

Aw dang it, I knew I should've tried harder to check in yesterday.  Oh well, hope you guys have fun.

Saiyuri

Quote from: catherinehellfire on September 30, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
Aw dang it, I knew I should've tried harder to check in yesterday.  Oh well, hope you guys have fun.

We haven't started anything/ been approved yet so I'm sure you can still post something! :)

catherinehellfire

well yeah, but I don't really know what I could add to the party besides possibly a chi-blocker or a swordsman/woman.  Though I guess if you guys are open to either I could possibly think of something.

Juggtacular

Both Team Avatar's have had the non-bender in the group. No reason why ours shouldn't.

MaiMizzu

Originally my character was gonna be a chi blocker. If you wanna RP with us, we want you to rp what you want! Make a bender if you want, it doesn't matter that there are some on it now. There's no status quo for us to follow, we're writing our own story!! I mean don't make another Avatar or anything heh but do what you want!!

catherinehellfire

Hmm... I think I'll make a swordsmen, but don't be expecting a boomerang from me.  I guess I more of assumed you'd be full about now.

catherinehellfire

Name: Selsi Yulang

Nationality: Water Tribe

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: non

Personality traits: Selsi is fun loving and loyal, but also a bit rebellious against authority.  She loves to fight and roughhouse, which consequently doesn't make her too many friends among the other girls.  She has trouble showing her feelings sometimes.  She can act very calm and collected, but her cool breaks a bit around guys she likes, unsure of how to react to the feeling she can get shy and sometimes act like an idiot.  In a battle she stays focused on her enemies and is pretty good at thinking up plans.

History: Selsi is a member of the Southern water tribe, which is somethings she could not be more thankful for.  She was born to Kanna(mother) and Seksu.  As she grew up she developed a tomboyish attitude, wanting more to fight and run around.  She watched the warriors of the tribe train every chance she got as she grew up.  Her father supported her want to be a warrior, though the women of the tribe usually aren't, and even taught her some minor things.  When she was 12, her father went out on a scouting mission and never returned.  The search parties only managed to find his armor and weapons and returned them to the household.  After that day she began to go out to practice with her father's weapons, even skipping school at times.  She soon became quite the expert at the water tribe arsenal of weapons and by 18 was a prominent warrior, though she doesn't usually go out on scouting or do guard duty, she does go hunting from time to time, usually wearing her father's armor.

Connections: Unknown for now

Arsonel: Whale tooth scimitar, jawblade (what Sokka used to tell where enemies are), machete.

Character Images:

catherinehellfire

zergmuncher

She looks pretty good. She'll get along well hopefully with Shen since he's the action loving dare devil type.

apygoos

these all look pretty great, just some smaller concerns i want to address
Jugg: All three subsets of earthbending seem's a little..much. While the Avatar can do all subsets, it's [i think] only in the avatar state beyond subsets known by the current body. As a Beifong, metalbending is your legacy so thats an obvious choice. From there I may say pick one other that can perhaps be discovered at a later time down the road.

Sai: What was exactly stopping Mei from going and joining the airbending culture if she was so into it? this isnt a problem, just curious, as it could be part of backstory. It may be easier to say That the Earthkingdom based people in generalal started traveling together at the same time. Perhaps they were born and raised in Zaofu. This way Mei, Lu Ten and <currently unnamed avatar> couldve started traveling together when he found out that he was the Avatar to begin with. where Mei is concerned, if he knew her, he might have told her "why not come with? I'm going to the air temples eventually" so the these three at base would've been on the full seven year journey thus far.

From there we get to the Fire nation, where it took only the first year of seven for him to completely master firebending and linger around the fire nation a bit. At some point They went to Ember island and met Shen. It was after this that six years go by as Team Avatar travels with him to the air temples and around the world with the jedi-like air nomads, so they're actually going and doing stuff, not just sitting in temples for six years. i chose six years because Some avatars take a long time to master their opposite element. It also has to do with me wanting to have an incident during his airbending instruction. Some serious incident happened that may have endangered himself or the others, forcing the avatar state onto him. This large confrontation ended up with a mountainside in rubble after he was done among other things >.> so staying that long in air training also involved some spiritual aspects. Despite training he can not go in and out of the avatar state at will yet, though thankfully there have been no auto triggered incidents since that first time...yet.

Perhaps the air nomads they were with at the "conclusion" of his instruction were already in the southern water tribe, or around that area, so Team Avatar opted to stay as he had to learn water bending anyway. This way everyone present can be around at the start of the story.

Saiyuri

Mei never ended up leaving the orphanage and stayed there to teach instead of going to the temple. The whole selfless thing of staying where she's needed instead of pursuing her dreams.

But I'm fine with joining up with you guys and leaving on an adventure. She could have had a vision of something similar happening while meditating or something? That could have pushed her to go and thinking its fate leading her with them? :3

Thoughts?

I like the idea of where you're going with the story. So just to clarify, we would have been with you those 6 years or am I reading that wrong?

apygoos

His avatar journey would've been seven years so far in total
so she would've been actually been eleven when they left together if that's the route we were going to go. I also though want you to be able to play what you ultimately wanted/as close to it as possible. This is where a lot of back story and setting take place, as i said in previous post, its a collaborative writing project so we're constructing this together, and it's our story.

Juggtacular

I figured if anyone could learn all the Earthbending disciplines, it'd be a Beifong prodigy who has literally trained his entire life under Toph, Suyin, and Lin. Toph invented Metalbending and learned sandbending not long after their visit to Wan Shi Tong's library.

And if Lavabending was actually a thing in the show back when she was active, she'd have probably learned that too. Because as far as I know there's nothing in canon that says a person can't learn all the bending sub-sets for one Element. Like Katara for instance could heal, Plantbend and Bloodbend, which are all sub-sets of Waterbending, and that was when she was only 15 I believe.

But if he can only have one sub-set aside from Metalbending I'll use Lava.

apygoos

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 01, 2014, 01:11:28 PM
I figured if anyone could learn all the Earthbending disciplines, it'd be a Beifong prodigy who has literally trained his entire life under Toph, Suyin, and Lin. Toph invented Metalbending and learned sandbending not long after their visit to Wan Shi Tong's library.

And if Lavabending was actually a thing in the show back when she was active, she'd have probably learned that too. Because as far as I know there's nothing in canon that says a person can't learn all the bending sub-sets for one Element. Like Katara for instance could heal, Plantbend and Bloodbend, which are all sub-sets of Waterbending, and that was when she was only 15 I believe.

But if he can only have one sub-set aside from Metalbending I'll use Lava.
fair and valid point, you can have them, but perhaps entertain the thought of leaving at least one of them undiscovered? I don't quite mind either way. it was just thought/mild concern, i myself had never looked at healing as a subset, and some subsets as i understand it, you need to be born into, and cant just be learned. i.e. Bolin couldnt metalbend, but discovered he was a  magmabender [though i wonder if that's to change because we see Bolin in the same uniform as the metal clan apparent soldiers were in, in the trailer]

Now when it comes to Lu Ten like I said, it's plausible that Zaofu is where these earth nation kids are from.  The Avatar and Lu Ten could have a friendly rivalry when it comes to their earth bending

Juggtacular

That works for me. All the Beifong's being in Zaofu would make sense since it is their city. And it's pretty fun to be able to manipulate pretty much the entire super structure of a city for training, lol.

Saiyuri

Quote from: apygoos on October 01, 2014, 11:12:26 AM
His avatar journey would've been seven years so far in total
so she would've been actually been eleven when they left together if that's the route we were going to go. I also though want you to be able to play what you ultimately wanted/as close to it as possible. This is where a lot of back story and setting take place, as i said in previous post, its a collaborative writing project so we're constructing this together, and it's our story.

I'm fine with that storyline  :-)

ZephySempai

*Poking around*

So many familiar faces. I think I know pretty much everyone here :D

Totally interested in an Avatar game ^_^ Gonna port my guy from a previous game and make some small adjustments to fit this one. Hope thats fine.

apygoos

you may be the last addition Zephy, so make it good~

Saiyuri

ZephySempai

Quote from: apygoos on October 01, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
you may be the last addition Zephy, so make it good~

But totally no pressure, right?

lol

Saiyuri

ZephySempai

Booyah!

Name: Krad Zephyros

Nationality: Earth Kingdom (Currently Traveling)

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Air Bending

Personality traits: Though he may be a grown man, Krad can sometimes act like he’s still a young teenager. He attempts to maintain his cool all the time and be as calm as can be, but he still has feelings and emotions that like to rear up every now and then. On a normal day, he’s pretty cocky. Nothing ever scares or challenges him. Its not much a bravery as much as it’s just sheer arrogance and overwhelming self-confidence. He’s not the type to shy away from a challenge and believes strongly that he is the best and the baddest at everything, but because of this, he rarely gloats or flaunts his skills.

Krad isn’t an idiot, despite how he may act at certain times. He knows that the more he shows off the more people will want to challenge him. Even though he has an overwhelming confidence in himself and rarely turns down a challenge, it gets tiresome having to deal with people every single day telling him he can’t do something he know he can. Eventually, he just got bored with such things and stopped showing off as much as he used too. Instead, he maintains his cool and is very relaxed for the majority of the time. Going with the flow, as most affiliated with the air do.

History: Born to a family of bandit raiders in the harsh deserts within the Earth Nation, the life of Krad Zephyros has always been far from the norm. His mother was a whore, but respectfully so. She hadn't much to offer the world in terms of skill, so she made a living off her body. Eventually she settled in with a group of bandits who treated her quite well and offered her shelter and protection for her services. The leader of these bandits was the one who claimed the woman for his own after several passionate nights in her embrace. She became a permanent part of the gang, and had a son by the leader.

From a young age, Krad had always been taught that things would never be given to him without a catch. If you wanted something, you had to take it. Otherwise others would take things from you. Though his life being raised by bandits would be questionable in the eyes of others, he had everything a child really needed: Two loving parents who cared about him, and an extensive family that protected and provided for him. They taught him many things from living off the land, to living off the pennies pinched from wealthy pockets. What Krad longed for, however, was going on his first raid.

The young Krad saw nothing wrong with this. His parents had taught him all life eventually dies and gives back to the earth. Krad took part in many raids; growing stronger and more ruthless as the years went by. Eventually, he began to develop his own ideas. His own tactics that differed from his father. As proud as the bandit leader was, this ideal lifestyle soon changed with soldiers from the Earth Kingdom raided their camp. Being benders, they easily overpowered most of the bandits, but they had an impossible time containing the ferocious young Krad, who killed a Dai Li Agent accompanying the raid squad. Eventually, Krad and the others were captured.

They were all sentenced to execution, but Krad fought back tooth-and-nail, eventually breaking from his bonds and fighting back. Eventually, he was brought to his knees by the Dai Li, but instead of executing him, they decided to make him one of them. He showed limitless potential, but his spirit proved to be unbreakable no matter what type of torture he underwent. Eventually, both parties came to an agreement. Krad was trained in the ways of silent assassinations and would be allowed to fight to his heart's content so long as he only killed who the Earth Kingdom ordered. He joined a squad of Elite Earth Kingdom assassins and earned the nickname "Azure".

He'd served the kingdom for nearly five years when suddenly, it seemed his latent Air Bending awakened. Without a moment's hesitation, Krad realized he now had the upper-hand over his companions of 5 years and initiated a surprise attack. He was able to wipe out the 4 other members of his squad in the blink of an eye, and disappeared without a trace. Krad now spends his days avoiding Dai Li agents and supporting himself by participating in mercenary work.

Connections: Knows of Lu Ten Beifong (Since he's kinda famous in the Earth Nation) as well as the Avatar.

Character Images:

Some questions about the world:

1) Are there still spirits running around?

2) [for plot purposes] Could the ancient Lion Turtles (who originally gave the elements to the first Avatar) still exist?

Juggtacular

I'm not sure what Apy plans to do with the spirits, but the Lion Turtles were hunted to extinction basically over the course of a few thousand years. The one that gave Aang Spiritbending was the last one left.

ZephySempai

Poor Lion Turtles... :( (Must have been some epic turtle soup...)

Juggtacular

Someone should make a base out of a lion turtle shell. Or should have. I mean it's a tragic loss, but what else could you possibly do with a shell the size of a city?

ZephySempai

Maybe our story's antagonist could live in one O_O

You're a genius!

apygoos

well as far as we know, the lion turtle aang saw was the last one
and this story is going to have many antagonist, because like i said, this will be a very long term story. i know Ash even hopes taht this goes long enough that we may even end up doing the /next/ avatar after mine as well, heh.

so if i understand Krad He's an airbender, but has not been with the airnomads either. If  our adventure is beginning in the southern water tribe, would Krad have wandered that far south? Also, some how the Dai Li always end up secondary antagonist..lol

for now I would assume spirits still run free. Korra never closed the portals off again, and i don't think there would be a reason for her to in the upcoming book. I am though hoping that Korra finds a way to reconnect with the past avatars. we know its not impossible because Aang ruined his connection to past lives too and some how it was restored [popular theory is it may have had something to do with Yang Chen's festival] Lion turtle's Arent something to be counted out though, there could be a couple others that still exist, much like the one Aang saw.

ZephySempai

Quote from: apygoos on October 02, 2014, 02:28:59 PM
well as far as we know, the lion turtle aang saw was the last one
and this story is going to have many antagonist, because like i said, this will be a very long term story. i know Ash even hopes taht this goes long enough that we may even end up doing the /next/ avatar after mine as well, heh.

so if i understand Krad He's an airbender, but has not been with the airnomads either. If  our adventure is beginning in the southern water tribe, would Krad have wandered that far south? Also, some how the Dai Li always end up secondary antagonist..lol

for now I would assume spirits still run free. Korra never closed the portals off again, and i don't think there would be a reason for her to in the upcoming book. I am though hoping that Korra finds a way to reconnect with the past avatars. we know its not impossible because Aang ruined his connection to past lives too and some how it was restored [popular theory is it may have had something to do with Yang Chen's festival] Lion turtle's Arent something to be counted out though, there could be a couple others that still exist, much like the one Aang saw.

Pretty much Krad never knew he was an Air Bender until it sorta happened. It's definitely possible that he would travel all the way south in an attempt to escape the Earth Kingdom. It also works out, if you decide to have your Avatar start learning Air Bending, that Krad could accompany you to the nomad temple out of curiosity. Yay for things working out!

[Dai Li are Avatar's Illuminato O_O]

Juggtacular

Lu Ten has a personal grudge against the Dai Li for how often they fucked with his family and their friends, lol.

apygoos

Quote from: ZephySempai on October 02, 2014, 02:39:28 PM
Pretty much Krad never knew he was an Air Bender until it sorta happened. It's definitely possible that he would travel all the way south in an attempt to escape the Earth Kingdom. It also works out, if you decide to have your Avatar start learning Air Bending, that Krad could accompany you to the nomad temple out of curiosity. Yay for things working out!

[Dai Li are Avatar's Illuminato O_O]
well, where our story begins, he will have just mastered, more or less, airbending, after six years of training and traveling with the air nomads. Air was his hardest element as it is his natural opposite, and teh way i see it, since he got firebending so easily, it would take that much longer to master, or at least be highly competent, in airbending before moving on to learn waterbending [where the story picks up], chiefly because to the common person, air and fire bending have somewhat simmmilar martial focuses, but air at its core is vastly different from firebending and even more to to his native earthbending

ZephySempai

Quote from: apygoos on October 02, 2014, 02:59:24 PM
well, where our story begins, he will have just mastered, more or less, airbending, after six years of training and traveling with the air nomads. Air was his hardest element as it is his natural opposite, and teh way i see it, since he got firebending so easily, it would take that much longer to master, or at least be highly competent, in airbending before moving on to learn waterbending [where the story picks up], chiefly because to the common person, air and fire bending have somewhat simmmilar martial focuses, but air at its core is vastly different from firebending and even more to to his native earthbending

*NodNod*

Okay, I gotcha. So he's got air down-pact and now he's starting to train his water bending. Okay.

apygoos

would he be meeting team avatar in the southern water tribe? or will he have joined on earlier than that?

ZephySempai

I think I'll have him meet you guys there :)

apygoos

now... i just need to make my sheet >.>
part of the problem is figuring out what his animal companion should be...

Saiyuri

We await your post fearless leader!  :P

How about some kind of hawk, or fox, or a badger?

Oo or how about a weasel!  ;D They're so cute and steal stuff! lol

apygoos

I've found my animal, but finding an Avatar is tricky...

Saiyuri

Aw! It's adorable and deadly?!
Love it!

apygoos

yus, man earth nation OCs need more love on deviant art lol.

Saiyuri

lol! I was just looking on there to help you! >w<

I totally agree!

Saiyuri

How about any of these?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

MaiMizzu

Quote from: apygoos on October 03, 2014, 01:45:46 PM
I've found my animal, but finding an Avatar is tricky...

I helped! Yay!

apygoos

those Sai are ones in consideration
third one down looks cool but he just looks..so angry lol.

Juggtacular

I'd say he looks dutiful. Stoic...or like he's holding in a mean poo.

Saiyuri

LOL! As you stated Earth Bending males are hard to come by. I thought the third one looked cool.  :P

Angry poo face works too though.  ;D

apygoos

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 03, 2014, 02:50:44 PM
I'd say he looks dutiful. Stoic...or like he's holding in a mean poo.
no, this isnt Avatar Poo XD
overall though he looks a bit too old overall for 23. the other models though are decent ones, i just wish there was more, or at least one that reached out to me as "This is the Avatar."

Juggtacular

He doesn't look too old for 23 to me. Avatars have hard lives. But final decision is yours boss.

apygoos

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 03, 2014, 03:07:56 PM
He doesn't look too old for 23 to me. Avatars have hard lives. But final decision is yours boss.
maybe. at this rate it is going to be between one of those pictures becasue man, maybe after book 4 there will be more earth nation love
who's seen the episode by the by?

Saiyuri

Jugg and I both watched it!

"So many feels", as he so eloquently stated.

ZephySempai

So DeviantArt is the place to farm for OCs eh? Their secrets will soon be mine.

Juggtacular

The season started off strong, and in a very unpleasant place. All the feels, Saiyuri. ALL OF THEM!!

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 03, 2014, 04:03:55 PM
The season started off strong, and in a very unpleasant place. All the feels, Saiyuri. ALL OF THEM!!

LOL! Ugh I know! My heart hurts from all the feels!  :P

Quote from: ZephySempai on October 03, 2014, 04:01:22 PM
So DeviantArt is the place to farm for OCs eh? Their secrets will soon be mine.

Si si. That's where I get almost all my images from. Those I dug up from google images search.  ;D

ZephySempai

Just saw it this morning. Looks interesting. I can sort of already see where this is going.

Works out perfect for Krad's history as well, seeing as he was born to a group of bandits :D

apygoos

i'm at a friends house currently, just checking in and saying i haven't forgotten you guys. tomorrow afternoon i should have my sheet done and we can get an ooc going, maybe even an ic depending on if there's alot of activity tomorrow afternoon.
I will say one major detail that people that were with him when they were traveling with airnomads.
About three years into Avatar Shiroe's [or Senshi, still debating the name in my head] Training with the airnomads, so the fourth year of his avatar journey, there was a group of mafia like criminals, trying to muscle a village into giving up their supplies and what have you. There was a large confrontation, and as it happened, this village was on a mountainside.Avatar, Airnomads, other benders, they didn't care who opposed them, they wanted to get what they wanted. A particularly strong Magma bender [yea i call lavabenders magma benders, deal with it] however decided that he was just going to destroy the town, maybe burying this opposition with it. A combination aof landslide and lava came pouring down the mountain toward the village below.   Shiroe and Lu Ten were using everything in their power to hold up the mountainside while the others tried to evacuate the village, but the stress was overwhelming.  While they were arguably two of the strongest earth benders in the world, at this point now what was happening was a sheer force of nature.

As it seemed they were about to collapse udner pressure,  the sheer danger and magnitude of the situation now had force Shiroe into the Avatar state, the first incident on record for him, putting on an impressive display of Lava and Waterbending [which reminder, he has no idea how to do yet, well, not well, most he can do currently is move water And pull the magma upward ina spiral while he summoned a spiral of water from the lake near by using that to freeze the responsible bandit. The spiral of magma turned earth remains as a superstructure to this day and is known as Shiroe's Spiral.  As always with a triggered avatar state, Shiroe has no recollection of actually doing the feats they may claim he did. Aware though that it was likely in fact the avatar state since he doesn't know waterbending yet, and waterbending was clearly used, this is why he extended his stay with the airnomads.

After another three years we find ourselves in the southern watertribe, now parting ways from a pair of the airnomads they were traveling with from the western air temple. One of the monks assisting him on the avatar state side reminded Shiroe that The watertribe has spiritual lessons as well ,and with the southern watertribe  being the previous avatars homeland, there may be a stronger connection there, and maybe, just maybe he might be able to contact Avatar Korra, and finally master the Avatar state, while also learning Waterbending.

so there you have it, a large chunk of his history/important event that people that were with him during his airbending training.

Vaulera

Hey there, I was just wondering if you guys were still looking for any players. If that's the case, I would be avidly interested in entering in for a game. Huge fan of Avatar and just returning from an extended absence from Elliquiy! I do believe I've played multiple games with you before, Apygoos!

apygoos

im sorry Vaul, at this time i dont think im taking anymore. be sure to keep track though if any space opens up. you also have me on YIM so if you had a great idea or something you can hit me there too. for now though, Team Avatar is pretty full of people, in theory. you could pm me a concept or whatever you had over YIM :)

which if anyone wanted my YIM or skype info im more than happy to give it.

apygoos

Name: Shiroe Kirigaya
Nationality: Earth Nation / The Avatar

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]:Earth and all subsets, Fire and lightning bending, Air, Water Healing, plant bending, Energy bending

Personality traits: Fun loving and free spirited, though often stubborn and competitive, overall Shiroe is a more relaxed and laid back avatar. He is also highly respectful of people and nature alike, believing form even before he found out he was the avatar, that if the world did not learn to respect, true balance would never be found in the world, Avatar or not. To top it all off, Shiroe is a highly dedicated and strong person.

History:After the death of Avatar Korra, the world looked to the Earth Kingdom to see who the next avatar will be. A couple months before his sixteenth birthday, the world finally found out as a Spar with his Fire Nation father Provoked fire bending to emerge on top of his already rather masterful earth bending. The White Lotus promptly made a visit to Zaofu and confirmed the young man was in fact the Avatar.

White lotus members insisted that he stay in Zaofu and learn the other elements. Backed up by his father, Shiroe refused to stay. While he meant no disrespect to the White Lotus, he felt that he should travel the nations as most of the Avatar's before him and embrace the worlds culture. The last piece of guidance Shiroe had from his Fire Nation father was where to truly learn to master fire bending. As he set out on his journey, he was accompanied by his tamed animal Kazuto, long time friend and earthbending rival Lu Ten Beifong, and Mei Yun.

Their First stop was to the firenation, where they met Shiroe's uncle who was a member of the Sun Warrior tribe, where he quickly learned to master the art of firebending from both his uncles and the original firebenders. It was then that after learning the Dancing Dragon form, he learned a new adaptation of the Dancing Dragon, the Rising Phoenix from his uncle. In their time in the fire nation, they paid a visit to Ember Island, where they met Shen Tsan, a Fire bender native. There on Ember Island they saw a rather interesting adaptation of the life of Avatar Korra. Shiroe had several visions of his past life, which seemed to correct or give proper context to some of the things preformed. This was the first incident of him seeing any form of visions of his past life at all.

With Shen Accompanying them now, Team Avatar spent a total of a year in the Fire nation as Shiroe caught on to Fire Bending like a natural. The ease of the journey however would end when they traveled to air temple island. This was the new heart of the rebounding air nation, and as part of his training, Shiroe offered the help of team Avatar to travel with a team of the air nomads to help preserve peace and harmony in the world. Avatar Shiroes offer would be taken up, after two years of proper training. He still had a very long way to go, but at the very least he could now use a glider.

Learning airbending was something that team avatar saw was actually frustrating to Shiroe at times on multiple levels. Traveling with some airnomads as he continued his airbending training, he hoped, would help him better understand the way of the still young reborn airnation. The third year into his training there was a very serious incident as they traveled back over the earth nation. A village on a mountainside was getting bullied by an earth nation mafia for payment and 'protection'. As soon as they saw it, the team leaps into action. Finding the village not worth this level of trouble, their leader, a powerful magambender, Caused a massive land and lavaslide. Lu Ten and Shiroe moved to try and stop the combination of earth and magma  crumbling down toward their village just long enough for the village to evacuate, but it was looking grim.

As it seemed they were about to collapse udner pressure,  the sheer danger and magnitude of the situation now had force Shiroe into the Avatar state, the first incident on record for him, putting on an impressive display of Lava and Waterbending [which reminder, he has no idea how to do yet, well, not well, most he can do currently is move water And pull the magma upward ina spiral while he summoned a spiral of water from the lake near by using that to freeze the responsible bandit. The spiral of magma turned earth remains as a superstructure to this day and is known as Shiroe's Spiral.  As always with a triggered avatar state, Shiroe has no recollection of actually doing the feats they may claim he did. Aware though that it was likely in fact the avatar state since he doesn't know waterbending yet, and waterbending was clearly used, this is why he extended his stay with the airnomads.

After another three years we find ourselves in the southern watertribe, now parting ways from a pair of the airnomads they were traveling with from the western air temple. One of the monks assisting him on the avatar state side reminded Shiroe that The watertribe has spiritual lessons as well ,and with the southern watertribe  being the previous avatars homeland, there may be a stronger connection there, and maybe, just maybe he might be able to contact Avatar Korra, and finally master the Avatar state, while also learning Waterbending.

Connections:Lu Ten Beifong - friendly rival earthbender and long time friend, they constantly push each other to new heights of their earthbending strength and skill.

Mei Yun: Another friend form Zaofu, she joined them at a bit of a younger age. Though now all these years later she's eighteen, Shiroe cant help but look at her as a little sister of sorts, though he has to admit, she has grown rather attractive.

Shen Tsan: Shen's risktaker adrenaline junkie approach meshed well with Shiroe's laid back and fun loving attitude when they had met on Ember Island. Shen joined team avatar when he knew they were about to move on to other parts of the world. Unable to resist the rush of traveling the world with the avatar, he became a permanent member of Team Avatar.

Selsi: She...looks familiar...
Krad: An earth nation man in the southern watertribe? talk about fish out of water, I wonder what his story is.
Akari: Wow she's...beautiful..

CharacterImages:
Kazuto the Addapard-

Diesel Heart