Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

Quote from: BadForm on December 01, 2013, 05:19:42 PM
Oh then I'm misunderstanding it. I thought you could transform a small solid object of 5lbs or less (button) into another substance (white dwarf matter). I don't think it says there has to be a conservation of mass...?

Im not sure what a button is in your part of the world, but white dwarf matter wouldnt be too smart either way. Suddenly handling material that is usually measured in the thousands of degrees would probably vaporize his hand either way. That would be about as smart as changing something into a radioactive element. Remember these things have to be touched and handled in order for the change to occur.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

BadForm

Quote from: Adonis on December 01, 2013, 05:28:33 PM
Im not sure what a button is in your part of the world, but white dwarf matter wouldnt be too smart either way. Suddenly handling material that is usually measured in the thousands of degrees would probably vaporize his hand either way. That would be about as smart as changing something into a radioactive element. Remember these things have to be touched and handled in order for the change to occur.

Ok, good point on the heat. Then changing someone's hat into black dwarf matter since bds have cooled off?The concept being you are using something tiny and turning it ibto something that would cripple the wearer due to the mass of even such a small quantity of the material you convert to.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

Amelita

So... I'm guessing the whole...
Quote from: Adonis on December 01, 2013, 05:15:57 PM
Possibly, but that doesnt fall under the simple changes that are reflected in the earlier tiers of the symptom I dont think.
...went unnoticed? ::)
Turning stuff into dwarf star matter is hardly a simple change >.>

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Adonis

*Sighs and pulls the GM card. Goes off to edit the wording on the symptom*
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

BadForm

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's literally the first thing I thought of when I read the description. Ame - I'm not sure any transformation of one substance to another is "simple" or we'd really have lead to gold. Plus, as I evidently misunderstood it it was a small simple item (actually I think the word used is solid) that could be converted not a simple change that could be done. Again, Adonis, sorry if I'm being a pain. I fully accept I misunderstood, but right now I'm not sure I understand at all what would be allowed and what wouldn't.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

Amelita

-hugs-

stuff like this is bound to end up in elaborate discussion since the options are so wildly various.

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Adonis

No worries. The change I made should prevent anything odd like that from occuring.
O/O's

rou

Character:

Name: Kaylie Baker
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Student, Bookstore Clerk

Appearance:

Hair: Long, platinum blonde
Eyes: Light blue
Skin: Pale white
Weight: 142lbs
Height: 5'8"
Other: Overall, Kaylie has somewhat angular, sharp features. She dresses in loose clothing that accents her slender frame and gives her an easygoing, casual but not lazy look. She often does simple but dramatic makeup, with dark liner and colored lips.

Information:

Personality: Despite her stylish and sociable presentation, Kaylie is an introvert. She prefers to be quiet and reserved in her own time, but can still be very friendly and outgoing towards others. She isn’t very opinionated, and seems to sway easily given a good argument. She is loyal to a fault once she has made allies, but at least she is firstly scrupulous about what allies she makes.

Background: Kaylie was raised by a single father, who loved her dearly but at times wasn’t quite sure how to care for a young daughter. He often gave her a little too much trust and left her alone to handle herself. She did so well enough, often staying where she was to read or to draw. But as she grew into adolescence, there grew a pressure to take advantage of this freedom, and she would partake in all the rebellious activities that are common among teenagers. One night, after hosting a party at her own home, she decided she wouldn’t clean up the mess so that her father would come home and realize what she had done. For the first time, without any warning, he did not come home for a week.

Kaylie contacted police to file a missing person’s report when she could not get a hold of her father. His body was found three days later.

She tried to retain the right to live on her own and take care of herself, but she was sent to live with her father’s estranged brother in the suburbs of Glenside. She thought the man was odd, living in a full-sized home with no family to occupy it. Everything in the house is meticulously clean, and he himself maintains a cold, sterile demeanor when dealing with Kaylie and others. While she was before careless and simple about her lifestyle, it was her uncle that pressured and required her to receive a flu vaccination, since she “insists on going out and dealing with the averages.” She only did so to appease his complaints.

Her symptoms have not yet manifested to a point in which she notices them. There have been moments that she’s noticed her swift reactions, but the change has been subtle and eerie. She has not had many chances to notice an ultimately recurring pattern, and still treats her accelerated reflexes with the thought that they are strange, and yet of little importance.

Symptoms: SL - 1 - Reflexes: Reflex time is decreased for base stimulus

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and painting, mostly.

OOC Ons and Offs: roulette's O&Os. Character O&Os may vary but this will likely be explored in game!

NOTES: I totally have not read any other character profiles. If I should change her up for any reason let me know. I just didn't want my original idea of her to be hampered by an excess of information to get me all confused and I didn't want to tailor her to "fit" with any other characters.

I have a hard time keeping my characters the same as their profile, so she's very likely to change based on IC play but I'm open to being corralled there as well.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

BadForm

Ah, cool. So you could, for instance, turn someone's cardigan into lead (most of us have handled that) but not caesarium (most of us haven't handled radioactive elements) or nylon (which is not an element)? Thanks, I think I finally get it.

-----

Adonis

Go ahead and shift her over to the approved characters thread. As for changing her, most if not all characters are bound to change over time, so thats not too big an issue. Make sure you say hello in the OOC!
O/O's

Adonis

Quote from: BadForm on December 01, 2013, 06:26:42 PM
Ah, cool. So you could, for instance, turn someone's cardigan into lead (most of us have handled that) but not caesarium (most of us haven't handled radioactive elements) or nylon (which is not an element)? Thanks, I think I finally get it.
Correct.
O/O's

BadForm

Sweet... Could have a lot of fun turning panties into elemental potassium. Damn, now I wish I had rolled that for my torturer. Heh. Evil? No, just "misunderstood." Thanks for all your information.

-----

Oldknight

Character:

Name: Johnathan Wiseman
Ethnicity: White
Sex: Male
Previous (Or current) Profession :Newspaper reporter

Appearance:

Hair: Short black hair
Eyes:dark brown
Skin:white, slightly tan
Weight:5'11
Height:159
Other: (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance

Information:

Personality: Johnathan is driven man, whom is a person whom can be very focused on what target or goal is in front of him. Sometimes this isn't the best quality if he gets to focused on something, or in essence missing the trees in front of him for the forest. He knows this weakness quiet well as he made a mistake on a early article due to this. Still, this is a part of his personality especially with his desire to find the truth, he can focus on his job and forget about the importance of a social life all together.

He is also a very intelligent and curious man, he wanted to find the truth, the quest for the truth is great driving force, that causes him to take up the profession that he has, as well as his aims to be the best at it. He is a person whom always wants to solve the mystery, wants to know what is at the bottom of the cereal box, and his rather smart, able to think logically and figure out what the best course is for himself.

He is also a calm person for the most part, not a person to flare up or show dramatic episodes, he tends to be a quiet strong type. He focuses on his aims and he works to them, he doesn't see the purpose of getting to worried of panicked. He was brought by his family telling him that such thing only led to mistakes, and he took that idea and held on to it deeply. He is a man who thinks though a problem and comes up with the best solution before acting on it most of the time.

Background: Johnathan was born into a wealthy family that had connections, it was something that set up his life for him from the moment he was born. He was destined to do something in the world, and he was destined due to his birth alone. He was the only son of wealthy New England writer and an actress. He grew up thus going to only the best school, making the best grades and keeping up the family name as well.

During his grade years, he was at the top of his class each and every year, as he applied his natural intelligence to his learning, doing well in all the classes he enrolled. He still had to deal with the pressure of being someone with his name. He found relief from the pressure when he went to college and started in journalism. He finished with a degree in journalism from the school and a offer to work at a large city newspaper

After starting his job, he has been a beat writer for a number of years, as recently writing some editorials as well. He is a person who is focused on his job and the hunt for the truth. He has worked on stories of all kinds from politics to local news, though recently, he has focused himself on more local news finding it more interesting, and wanting to write on other topics outside of journalism with his extra time.

Symptoms: Fire

Hobbies and Interests: Johnathan loves to read, write, swim, go fishing, and play baseball

Saric

Ok, it's me again. Last few questions.

Should our characters know about their powers upon entering the game or is it something we 'find out' in the first few posts?

And is the Transmutation strictly changing the materiel the item is made of into something else or can we change the shape as well? Because I seem to have miss-read something here...
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Spoons

For your first question I have seen people do both. My character in particular thinks he is going insane because he doesn't believe his power is real.

No answers on the second!

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

BadForm

Saric, I'm not the bossman so this is just my take on transmutation. However, as symptom level 4 grants the ability to mold medium sized items it seems to imply at earlier levels you cannot do so. Also, per my duscussion with Adonis above, remember you can only transmute something to an element and it can only be an element you have previously handled. So you could trasmute a jumper to iron, making a very weak straigtjacket effect and slicing the wearer open if they did try to move (breaking the metal as the do so it being so thin), but you could not transform it to a steel dagger etc.

-----

Adonis

Tenshin, the sheet has my approval. Go ahead and move him over at your earliest convenience.

Saric - The timeline for the most part is roughly three weeks since the initial batch of flu shots went out. The flu itself takes roughly a week, sometimes a little more to run its course, and after that, the symptoms manifest. Whether your chrachter acknowledges/uses them is up to you. As for the transmutation, you're correct. Only the substance is changed, not the shape of the object.
O/O's

RampantDesires

Eh I know this game doesn't need more womenz and I certainly don't need a third character, but here we go ...

Character:

Name: Elise Frederiksen
Ethnicity: Nordic
Relationship Status: Single, Wary
Previous (Or current) Profession: Barrista, Peddler of Over Priced Fabric & part time college student (Current focus - physical therapy, prior major -marketing)

Appearance:

Hair: Blonde, fine texture mid back length
Eyes: Dark Blue
Skin: Pale
Weight: 141
Height: 5'11"
Other: A fading burn scar on her left arm which runs almost from wrist to elbow, the product of a childhood run in with an oven. Multiple piercings in both ears.  Nickle sized pinkish vaguely heart shaped birthmark on her lower back.  Tattoo of a cherry blossom branch that goes over the top of her left foot and curls up toward her ankle; shudders at the memory of getting it and if she ever gets another has vowed that it will be in a far less painful spot.

Additional Images
Physical Model ~ Terese Pagh Teglgaard

Information:

Personality: "I can't right now, I'm busy..." That seems to be Elise's new motto.  Putting her wild child highschool days behind her entirely she now works two jobs and takes  between eight and twelve credits a semester at the local college leaving very little time for anything else.  She is polite and even professionally friendly but the smile she offers most people rarely makes it to her eyes.  Despite always having something to do she is somehow bored out of her mind and occasionally that outer shell cracks giving people a glimpse of the irreverent girl beneath.

Background: Her great grand parents on her mother's side immigrated to the US in the 1920's from Norway and her father's family is largely Scandinavian as well.  She still endures the Lutefisk tradition every year around Christmas (loathes it, I mean come on, who actually LIKES jellied fish?).   Solidly lower/middle class her father owns and still operates a small custom cabinetry business though he also takes the odd repair job or signs on with a larger construction crew here and there to keep money coming in during slow periods while her mother handles all of the financial and social aspects of the business as well as keeping a pretty pristine home.

A fairly standard childhood she was expected to work hard, at least behave well in school, and help around the house.  All in all she did pretty well.  In an effort to keep up with her seemingly boundless energy her parents tried to teach her practical things. Thanks to them she's a decent cook, can change her own oil in her car and do any number of household repairs, but midway through highschool their frantic distractions weren't enough.

Elise met a boy.  Isn't there ALWAYS a boy?  A few years older than she was with that dark and dangerous vibe that made her heart race and rational thought fly out the window.  Pretty soon it was HER creeping out the window, late parties, somewhat dangerous pranks, and wild passion with an eager willingness to please and experience everything.  Her already not stellar grades tanked, and it didn't matter.  She was in love and they were going to be together forever so why did she have to worry about a stupid history paper? Surprisingly their relationship lasted for her last two years of highschool, and even more shocking was that she managed to pass, barely, but still.  She bid a hasty good bye to her parents, packed up a few suitcases of her stuff and the two of them went out to take on the world ...

It lasted eight months.  Eight months, almost nine if you wanted to be generous and round up, living out of shitty motel rooms looking for a place that 'clicked' for them.  Eight months for the bloom to fall off the rose.  A lot of the excitement in their relationship had been sneaking around and finding ways to be together; after being around one another continually for months they discovered that they really didn't like one another very much and had very little in common. Not to mention they had nothing resembling a plan. 

She came back home to some relieved but stern parents.  If she was going to live in their house she was going to have to live by their rules, of which there were now MANY. She took a job at a local coffee shop and enrolled in college that next semester loading up on the business classes her mother assured her she would love.  Riight..

Now almost two years later Elise is looking to finally move out of her parent's house again, has picked up a second job at a small boutique in the fashion district involving a lot of bright smiling and assuring trophy wives that yes the belt totally matches their botox, but hopefully it will allow her to save up enough money to move into a different place and finally start her adult life over again 'right' this time. She recently switched majors and in her Fitness, Health, and Wellness class was lectured on the importance of a  yearly flu shot.  So what the hell, twenty dollars at the student health center? Why not...

Symptoms: Vocals - SL - 1 - Character is able to throw his or her voice flawlessly

Hobbies and Interests: Deliberately misspelling people's names on their coffee cups, mentally strangling customers, running to blow off steam, kickboxing or whatever random class is being offered at the rec center for much the same reason (isn't really taking this no sex good girl thing well O.o) has a largely nostalgic love of sailing thanks to time spent with her father on the water as a kid, planning extensive trips around the world which she'll probably never go on.  Has a moderate caffeine addiction well supplied thanks to one of her jobs.

OOC Ons and Offs: Elise's relationship wasn't exactly standard and involved heavy experimentation and multiple partners of both sexes off and on over the years they were together.  She tells herself that she's over all of that now and that she needs to settle down with some nice guy (okay that might be her mother's voice in her head) and work on something 'normal'.  Initially comes off as fairly prudish though once you get to know her or push the kink line the truth comes through.  Though she's not opposed to standard committed relationships strictly vanilla sex will likely bore her in the long run. If in doubt my PM box is always open!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Spoons

Character:

Name: Alen Carnil
Ethnicity: White
Sex: Male
Previous (Or current) Profession: Student, Considering the Police Academy

Appearance:

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: White
Weight: 175
Height: 6’2”
Other: (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance

Information:

Personality:  Alen is a playful and mostly innocent man. His general demeanor is serious and law abiding. He has never really been one for pushing the envelope or causing trouble. He is dedicated both to his future and to achieving his life goals.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]
Alen was born and raised in Glenside. He knows this city like the back of his hand. He was always a fairly serious kid growing up. His resume is fantastic, filled with extracurricular events, sports, and leadership roles. His grades were never overly fantastic, however, they were certainly not terrible.

He was always a very athletic child, and still is to this day. From an early age he did martial arts of all kinds and fencing. He played sports all throughout highschool. He was a valued player on the football team but was the star player and team captain of the soccer team.

Though popular and talented, Alen was never a big partier. Instead, he kept to himself. He read fantasy books and played MMORPGs – to include WoW. He still is a big gamer and comic book reader. It was always his desire to have special powers, but he never dreamed it possible.

Currently he is a student at the local college. He is in his junior year studying criminal justice and thinking about applying to the police academy. Alen is fairly straight edge and likes following the rules but he hasn’t decided if he wants to be a police or not.

Alen’s romantic life is relatively limited. All through highschool he dated the same girl. That ended when she went across the country to college and he wasn’t accepted into the same school. Since then he has had a few relationships off and on but hasn’t done anything crazy or extreme. Relatively vanilla.

Symptoms: SH 1 - Teleportation

Hobbies and Interests: Soccer, football, martial arts, swordplay

OOC Ons and Offs: He is vanilla, however, if he experiments with new things he will almost certainly like them. He will not play SUB.

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

Adonis

O/O's

Loves

Character:

Name: Desdemona Leandra Peony Christakos (Goes by Mona – stage name: Skittles)
Ethnicity: Caucasian – Greek decent 
Previous (Or current) Profession: Exotic Dancer and part time sales clerk

Appearance:

Hair: Long dark brown hair, as rich as the darkest chocolate 
Eyes: Deep brown eyes, with golden flecks that glow when aroused
Skin: Olive complexion
Weight: 106 lbs
Height: 5’1”
Other: A tattoo on the small of her back. Measurements, 34-24-35

Information:

Personality:

A tiny ball of sensual energy, Desdemona is very hard not to notice. Standing at five feet one inch, she exudes a larger than life persona. Her expressive eyes glow with pleasure, especially when teasing the male gender. Her smile is always friendly and often there is a laugh tripping from her lips, rich and throaty and smooth like velvet. Rarely in a bad mood, her brown eyes glitter with mischief, always up for fun treating life as one giant pleasure zone. Often a victim of her own demise, Mona tends to act first and think later, generally landing herself in trouble, though thankfully she is quick on her feet and resourceful enough to find herself on even footing once more. As a result, she often does not learn from her mistakes.

Background:

Growing up in a large Greek family, Desdemona was used to having to compete for attention, whether it was for a pat on the head for a job well done, or tricking her brothers out of the last Spanakopita, it didn’t matter, she was more than ready to grab the attention that she needed. Far from shy, Mona took on life like a charging bull from the minute she could walk, raining down terror on her six brothers. She was born the youngest child and only girl in the Christakos family, though tragedy struck the day of her birth. Mona’s mother had died giving her life.

As a teenager she took on the role of “mother” helping out her aging grandmother with the house hold chores, and cooking. Her family was “traditional” in its beliefs, where the girls were encouraged to find a husband and bring honor to the family with as many babies as possible. This did not sit well with Mona, often becoming the topic of explosive arguments, especially when her father began bringing home “marriage candidates”. Shortly after her grandmothers death, when Desdemona was 19, her father announced to the family that they would be taking a trip back to their homeland to arrange for Desdemona’s union in holy matrimony. There was no way she was going to marry! Especially to a stranger! And so that very night Mona packed what she could in a duffle bag, grabbed her favorite boots, and took off into the night. She has never seen her family since that day.

Mona found being on her own much harder than she thought it would be. Struggling to make ends meet, she had tried to work several different jobs, waitressing, working at as a clerk at the Gap, and briefly as a telemarketer before that one blew up in a loud uproar over a “mistaken” pass by her supervisor. She was living in a homeless shelter, wondering day by day what life would bring when she met a woman that changed her life.

Glenda (aka Glitter) came into the dinner very early one morning when as luck would have it, Mona was on duty. The two girls hit it off immediately when Mona complimented the woman on her “kick ass boots”. Before she knew it, Mona was taking her break, sitting across from the woman spilling out her life story. Glenda took pity on the girl and decided to share with Mona the secret of her success. Sex! Some men would pay anything for the fantasy, and even more for the reality! That very morning Glenda brought her new friend to the club where she worked and introduced her to the manager. Mona had been a bit skittish during the initial meeting, but soon warmed up to the idea. It was during that interview that her stage name that she is known by came to be, “Skittles” became the newest exotic dancer, and from that moment on Mona never looked back, or thought too hard about what she had to do in order to survive! 

Symptoms:

Telekinesis

SL - 1 - Ability to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs within 30 feet (line of sight req)

Hobbies and Interests:

She adores boots and shoes, the higher the better!

Having a good time, she enjoys attention and although she cannot carry a tune, that will not stop her from karaoke night! 

OOC Ons and Offs:

Ons: Mona adores attention, and the rougher that attention is the better in her book! As long as she doesn’t get permanently scared by it of course! What turns her on more than anything is oral sex, giving and receiving, but mostly giving. She likes sex, and isn’t scared to let the man know just how she likes it. In fact she is often loud enough that the entire neighborhood would become aware of her enjoyment.

Offs: Prefers men to women, does not like to share, though if she were to have a threesome it would be with two men rather than two women. Overly romantic hogwash is not her thing! She doesn’t want to be anyone’s stars or moon, though she is very willing to enjoy an out of body experience with a good orgasm or six!
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kokaine

Character:

Name: Tatiana Valdez
Ethnicity: Mixed
Relationship Status: Technically single but it's complicated (with a thus far faceless NPC)
Previous (Or current) Profession: Law Student / Semi-professional Poker Player / Informant

Appearance:

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair - light tan
Weight: 135lbs
Height: 5'8"
Other: A very small tattoo on the back of her neck that marks her as owned.

Information:

Personality: Tatiana is intelligent, competent, and rather resourceful. Though she lives boldly, with people she is actually rather shy until she has a chance to get to know them. In fact she is quite often assumed to be stuck up because she's so quiet and her face and body language rarely gives anything away but nothing could be further from the truth. By nature sweet and kind, Tati probably takes more crap than she should on occasion, but if pushed too far her Latin temper will surge to the fore. Some may make the mistake of assuming her to be largely uninteresting but for those who are keenly observant, her eyes sometimes give away the more passionate air that she keeps bottled up--the part of her that craves adventure and excitement... and even danger.

Tatiana is actually quite the adrenaline junkie and her thrill seeking ways have led her down a different path than she had initially imagined for herself, one that most would say was nothing but trouble. Still, no matter what it may seem outwardly, it would be wise not to underestimate her. Her seemingly shy and quiet disposition has actually given her a bit of an advantage in the world of professional poker, but if you watch her play you'll find she's rather adept at knowing when to go in for the kill and her instincts are only getting sharper.

Background: Tatiana began her life as a rather painfully shy and sweet kid. The bonds of anxiety caused by her turbulent home life kept her from truly branching out and making many friends at first so she was often left to her own devices as far as entertainment and fun went. She was a little lonely at times but she did have numerous cousins who were always at least good for being willing to drag her around and talk her into doing things she had no business doing instead of playing by herself.

Once when Tatiana was 8, one of her cousins talked her into climbing up onto the roof of her tia's house to help him throw water balloons at their other cousins. For "saftey" they had placed an old discarded mattress on the ground below where they were perched but when Tatiana inevitably went tumbling from the roof the mattress didn't stop her from breaking her arm. It should have been a lesson to her but oddly enough all that incident did was give her a taste of just what an adrenaline rush could do.

From that point on Tatiana took it upon herself to seek small ways to feel that rush again. Just that small change allowed her slip free of some of her anxiety her issues, and saw her blossom from a shy child to a bold--if still unusually quiet--young woman. Whenever things felt like they were slipping out of control or panic threatened, she would simply go out and do the most bold and therefore exhilarating thing she could think of. As odd as it might sound it was her way of regaining control.

Playing poker for cash started out as just fun. A boyfriend in college taught her to play and after visiting a few casinos and playing small time tournaments she was hooked. The ups and downs of winning and loosing seemed to fuel her addiction with little jolts and after the first time she took her money for school books and quadrupled it in a casual cash game there was no turning back. From there she threw herself into the game, learning to read people, their tells, and how to play both analytically and instinctually. Everything seemed to be progressing rather well and her bankroll began to fatten up nicely... until she went on tilt and got herself in trouble.

Tatiana was foolish. She will admit it. She and her boyfriend at the time got sucked in too deep and after she lost her law school tuition she made the situation worse by taking money she knew she shouldn't have touched. She insists the game was rigged, that she was cheated but that didn't matter to the one who had loaned her the money. All that mattered to them was that she was now in debt and owed them.

From there Tatiana had little option but to take the offered deal that left her whole and relatively untouched. She was given the money to pay for school and even a new bankroll to begin playing again, but she would belong to the one she owed. She would occasionally run errands, and keep her eyes open for certain things--nothing too crazy, yet--and in exchange she would have money, an off campus apartment, and protection if she needed it. As a hidden pillar of organized crime, the one she owed liked the idea of having a future criminal defense lawyer in their pocket and no matter that Tatiana has since returned their investment a few times over, they are not willing to let her just walk away.

No one knows what she has gotten herself into. Her family knows she plays poker but other than that they are completely in the dark and she's not inclined to spill her secrets. She knows there may come a time when she is asked to do something that is a step too far for her, but until that point she's not likely to pull away. The high is just too good.

Symptoms: Forcefield Generation (physical shielding) - SL - 1 - The Devi is able to form a small, directional field to repel blunt objects moving under 50mph (field of view).

Hobbies and Interests: Anything that gets the blood pumping, singing (think old school Mariah Carey), listening to music, reading, curling up and watching movies, games of all kinds, challenges, winning!, sketching, psychology, philosophy, swimming

OOC Ons and Offs: Tatiana is pansexual. If you want to know more, just ask :P Likely if it isn't one of my hard no's it can be discussed.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Adonis

O/O's

Amelita

Character:

Name: Ezekiel Lindgren
Ethnicity: Caucasian (South African/Scandinavian)
Sex: male
Previous (Or current) Profession: writer/model

Appearance:

Hair: dark blonde
Eyes: pale blue-green-ish
Skin: lightly tanned
Weight: 200
Height: 6'1

Information:

Personality:
Zeke's a friendly guy with plenty of humor and optimism to go around. He doesn't hold grudges and his personal philosophy is that everyone deserves three strikes before they're out. His life has been a series of events that brought him from South Africa where he was born, through Europe, then Asia and finally to the US. Jumping before thinking too hard on things has benefited him in his travels, as has the undeniable thirst for adventure and knowledge. Spontaneous, gutsy, playful. His heritage is full of music and dancing, as well as a lust for life and love for everything that feeds the soul. Music, art, literature, philosophy...

Relationships have been of the random and quick variety. One night stands, or few week stands, depending on how long he's stayed in any given place. He likes romance and the whole idea of being committed to someone, but so far his need to keep moving on to that next interesting place has outwon any attempts to settle down. He is at heart a romantic guy and he's never attempted to hide that, especially since it tends to add to his luck with getting laid the ladies.

Friendships are a different matter, and he's made good friends all over the world, some who have travelled alongside him and others who've lived where his feet land for longer than a day. Hell, some friends he's made in hours. Friendship is something he appreciates to no end and does his best to upkeep, complete with postcards from whereever he rests his head and random emails when he's got internet access. He's a good friend, a good listener and honest when honesty is needed. Most of all though, he simply likes to have fun and lives by the notion that every single day should count in that regard.

Background:
Zeke was born in South Africa and grew up there, his mother a lawyer and his father a writer. His father was born in Denmark to Swedish and Icelandic parents so the paternal heritage is quite the Scandinavian mix. When Zeke was ten, his parents died in a car accident and he moved to live with his great aunt a couple of cities north of Cape Town where he was born. His great aunt was a peculiar woman whose home was like a small hostel, as she took in friends of friends from all over who were travelling in the area and needed a place to stay. There were always at least two people in the guest bedrooms, and every single mealtime was a lively one with discussions that centred around topics so foreign they were like magnet to the young boy. The great aunt was an artist, and her livelyhood was painting little pictures she sold to tourists but Zeke knew she did larger and much 'cooler' ones that were a little too honest about life to go as tourist indulgence. Zeke's first taste of travel was when he was thirteen and his great aunt got an offer to exhibit those works in Germany. She couldn't go and leave him, and needed the emotional support since she'd never left the country herself, so they travelled together. Germany was an adventure, and Zeke knew from the moment they landed on European ground that he would come back one day. It was no surprise to his great aunt that when he turned eighteen and she watched him go off on his own adventures, Germany was his first stop.

He didn't stop travelling from that day, and as he went he found a love of writing. His descriptions of daily life in various places was vivid and playful enough to warrant attention from travel magazines at first and the interest of publishers after that. He does have a couple of books out, but he still sends his articles to travel magazines for some quick cash. Books just don't pay all that well. And when that doesn't cut it, he models. Yep. How he got into that was a complete coincidence but he took it with open arms and was picked up by a small agency whose contract had enough breathing room to allow his random and miscellaneous jumps to here or there in the world.

His most recent continental jump was from Asia to the US and he spent time travelling coast to coast before he ended up in Glenside. Staying in the small city was much more appealing than the larger ones, and he rented a small hole of an apartment since he assumed he'd spend two or three weeks there. His plans were to do the usual book promotion thing, maybe see if his agency had a job for him to grab some cash from modelling, and generally gathering strength. He didn't quite count on getting sick after a damn flu shot, though.

Symptoms:
Speed.
SL - 1 - Zeke reaches land-based speeds of around 50mph (Normal humans top out around 15-20)

Hobbies and Interests:
Writing, dancing, travelling, partying, romancing, adventure, nature, culture, music, people

OOC Ons and Offs: Writers. Err the male applicable aspects of it anyway.