Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Yukina

Does anyone here have a favorite megazord?

Sabby

That's a tough one to answer...

I'd have to go with the Q-Rex Megazord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4hlroYDd0

As far as I know, it's the only Megazord to have a tail. Plus one of it's hands is a rotating missile launcher. It's sentient, and whether it's in it's Megazord mode or not, it has an animalistic personality to it. It's a beast that can take on a mans form. I love it.

Yukina

(The Dragonzord has a tail by the way.)

If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the Supertrain Megazord. Despite being large and sturdy for a megazord already, it could use the front sections of rail rescues 1 and 2 for fire turbine and freeze missile launcher attachments respectively.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3Ma_o3XiA

Sabby

I like 'em big, slow and heavy. Ya don't get that with the CGI they use now. They use to just slow down the footage a little back in the day. Wish they still did that. That's one thing Samurai and Megaforce do a good job of, heavy looking Zords flailing 60 tonne arms at each other.

Yukina

I even found a decent video for an example of my pick now. :)

ToriJ

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 03, 2013, 11:51:01 PM
Does anyone here have a favorite megazord?

Dragonzord. Like a lot of people I was a huge Green Ranger fan back in the day.

Sabby

On the topic of Zords... reposting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKyovAi-Og

It doesn't show it in the video, but it's actually twice the size of the monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70LOkO5uzE

Overkill much?

Yukina

I remember that mecha. I may not have seen rpm, but I've seen Go-Onger.

Engine-Oh G12! Tune-Up!!

Tise

there was only three seasons that I liked. Mighty Morphin (of course), Ninja storm (epic), and Dino thunder.
Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

Sabby

Looky at what I bought :3 It's going over my bed.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Well that certainly lowered my excitement. Not by much, but my expectations have gone down. Didn't really look like Power Rangers, just had a few shots of the suit. Still looks like it will be fun though, just hope it isn't too dark.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on December 03, 2013, 10:36:34 PM
Well that certainly lowered my excitement. Not by much, but my expectations have gone down. Didn't really look like Power Rangers, just had a few shots of the suit. Still looks like it will be fun though, just hope it isn't too dark.

That is for the pilot episode, I wasn't expecting to even see anything about the suits.  I'm hoping it goes well, but from my understanding, it is pretty dark.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

Sabby

Sabby

Finally got around to watching Dragon Knight. I'm onto episode 27, and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. The costumes are cool looking and very high quality, the fight choreography is great, the original American footage looks just as good if not better then the Kamen Rider Ryuki footage, the tone and music is actually consistent, the plot is basic but well structured and the acting is actually really solid. Everything good about Power Rangers is here and improved, and there's none of the flaws.

I really wish Kamen Rider had gotten the Power Rangers treatment and gone fully Americanized, but if this is what I've been missing out on then I'm just guna have to bite the bullet and put up with the screechy Japanese voices, because this is really fantastic. Hell, even the goons costumes are better then the GOOD Power Rangers costumes.

GanonDwarf

I've been watching Kaizkou Super Sentai lately. Have not gotten all too far, but I really enjoy it.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Yukina

Quote from: dwarfvader on September 02, 2014, 10:00:53 PM
I've been watching Kaizkou Super Sentai lately. Have not gotten all too far, but I really enjoy it.

*nod* Gokaiger was a great way to make an anniversary tribute. (*glares* I'm looking at you, Saban....)

Sabby

Finally started watching real Kamen Rider (not the Americanized version of Ryuki). I'm starting from Kuuga, which is the beginning of the Heisei Era (the most recent place a new viewer can jump on, as it's a reboot). I have to say, I'm really caught off guard by this. I was expecting another flashy colourful kids martial arts show. I certainly wasn't expecting CSI: Japanese Monster Movie Edition. They certainly aren't afraid of showing civilians dying. Most of the death is implied or off screen, but you usually see cops and bystanders go down and not get back up, and there's a few episodes that just go ahead and show you a crime scene covered in blood and corpses.

It also does a really good job of implying scale. It's a low budget show from 2000, so not a lot to work with, but it gives you a mostly convincing portrayal of an entire city being constantly assaulted by demonic serial killers with dozens to hundreds of deaths every spree. I also like that the one Rider (essentially a loner Power Ranger with a motorbike) works close with the police instead of just omitting the cops existence like in Power Rangers. Kuuga just seems like another member of the police force and forensics unit and just happens to have powers. The show is just as much about the police as it is about Kuuga.

Jmorty33

Yeah, Kamen Rider is actually really good. Some excellent writing, good acting, and some sweet special effects given the budget. My favorite has always been Kiva (The Rider designs and powers are so cool in that one), but I also like Wizard, Den 0, and a few others that I have yet to finish.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Yukina

Kamen Rider is probably my favorite tokusatsu series. :) While my favorite rider series is Kamen Rider Blade, after finishing Gaim this year, the fruit rider is starting to blow it out of the water.

Sabby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur0kj5aAo2k

Fuck me... that was hard to watch. No ceremony, no music, just raw, uncomfortably real looking brawling.

Jmorty33

Kamen Rider Gaim is fruit based?
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Sabby

Quote from: Jmorty33 on September 29, 2014, 01:42:42 AM
Kamen Rider Gaim is fruit based?

Yes. The morpher is a fruit with a little fruit knife on the belt. You cut the fruit to unleash the power. I gotta say, it's going to be a little weird going to that from what I just watched.