Vampire: The Masquerade *game in creation*

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 18, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
I'll risk Asherah's displeasure and jump in on this one.

I think we're accepting (I don't think anyone's set a limit on number of players), but we're focusing on Camarilla characters for the time being.  Possibly with room to expand into the Non-aligned clans/bloodlines and Sabbat later.

No not stepping, is more then appreciated.  :)

And your right on,  need to establish one fraction.  Then branch out from their to have any success in the game getting off.   So my suggestion is if want to play a sabbath for example.  And be a leader aside in it.  Create a standard char for the cam.   

Paladin

So Create an Elder for the Sabbat that can be used later but create a Stadard level Character for the Camarilla? Is this correct?

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes, but actually that elders players are being tasked as sub story tellers, here at creation of the game to run their respective sphere of influence in game.       So if want to take on such.  Go ahead and make an elder and take a primogen or other position in court open.     

As I will limit one to each sects.     As well if do not want to task with st.  Then go with an ancille. 

Aragem

Here's my Character sheet for my Toreador.

Marlowe Winters Bio

Marlowe and his twin brother, Trevor, were very different, despite sharing a womb for 9 months.  Whole Marlowe was practicing the piano with his mother, Trevor was off camping and learning how to hunt with their dad.

When the boys turned ten, mom and dad called it quits.  Mom took Marlowe and Dad took Trevor and the twins scarcely had any contact with each other except through phone calls at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Marlowe grew up studying music and honing his singing.  He practiced with the school choir and then practiced with a band.  During an audition, his skill was noticed by Logan Bryant, a Toreador elder that became captivated by Marlowe's raw talent.  

He worked with Marlowe for about a year, taking him on as a student and signing a contract with him, however Logan decided that he also wanted Marlowe as a childe.  He Embraced him.  

Marlowe is still fresh, having only experienced three years of being a vampire, so he isn't that experienced with the politics of the Camarilla.  He is well guarded by his sire.

However, Marlowe is a victim of humanity.  He has fallen in love with a mortal, Colette Yorik, a half French and half American girl.  Despite his fame and status, she has no idea that he loves her for that he doesn't make himself known to her.  He watches her from afar.  He follows her when she walks home alone from her job, keeping her safe from any would be muggers or rapists, and sometimes from other Kindred.  He considers her his ward to protect.

Paladin

Quote from: Asherah on January 19, 2009, 01:07:06 AM
Yes, but actually that elders players are being tasked as sub story tellers, here at creation of the game to run their respective sphere of influence in game.       So if want to take on such.  Go ahead and make an elder and take a primogen or other position in court open.     

As I will limit one to each sects.     As well if do not want to task with st.  Then go with an ancille. 

Sub Storyteller? What would this Entail? I can run a good story but I don't know all the Mechanics.

Aragem

Is there anything I can do to help build the story other than supplying characters?

Neophyte

I would be so interested in this and would love to join!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Aragem on January 19, 2009, 01:19:56 AM
Is there anything I can do to help build the story other than supplying characters?

QuoteSub Storyteller? What would this Entail? I can run a good story but I don't know all the Mechanics.

Should be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.     

Quote from: Neophyte on January 19, 2009, 01:22:52 AM
I would be so interested in this and would love to join!

Still at creation stage.   In need of more players.  So more then welcome.  :)

Paladin

Quote from: Asherah on January 19, 2009, 01:50:54 AM
Should be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.     

Still at creation stage.   In need of more players.  So more then welcome.  :)

Well Ok I don't think I could do an Elder then but an Ancile I cold. I have had explirence with NWOD quite a bit so I'm sure I could help out.

playfullchick76

Im not too familiar with the rulebooks, but the tv series gave me a lot of information, and i have played it freeform in the old yahoo roleplay rooms, so i know what im doing. I know my character, her background, skills,the works.

I do want to play this out with everyone here. its one of the few things in here that im passionate about, and truly feel that i can play with no problems.

RubySlippers

I'm saving my Elder slot for one of the non-Cammy spots maybe the Anarchs have a serious leader or a vicious Sabbat Warlord.
;D

Aragem

I take it that my Toreador is alright since no one says that he needs corrections.  Any criticism (Given nicely) is welcome. 

QuoteShould be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.

Okay, I'll do some studying.  I have the Camarilla guide and the corebook, and I could read up on Ventrue, Toreador, and definately Gangrel. 

RubySlippers

No comments on my other character like, we do not want THAT at the Elysium.
:D

She is a performance artist by the way. I plan a rather nice show of a bit I call: Fuck the Prssy Toreador! Involving dead body parts, vomit and depictions of leading Toreador Artists of the city and prissy types. At the next major Elysium Toreador Artist exposition so she can show her craft to her adoring fans.

Vandren

Quote from: playfullchick76 on January 19, 2009, 06:04:15 AMbut the tv series gave me a lot of information

Please don't trust that Aaron Spelling abomination.  It had a lot of promise as a concept, until Spelling produced it and made it Vampire 90210.  :)  Ok, the show's so bad that it has some paradoxical draw, but has questionable basis in WoD.

QuoteI'm saving my Elder slot for one of the non-Cammy spots maybe the Anarchs have a serious leader or a vicious Sabbat Warlord

If I understood Asherah's last post on this correctly, she's going to allow one Elder and one Ancilla per player per sect.  (Please correct me if I'm mistaken, Asherah.)

Quote from: aragemI take it that my Toreador is alright since no one says that he needs corrections.  Any criticism (Given nicely) is welcome.

The only thing I see is that 14th Generation is a Flaw (2 pt.), which also disallows the Status Background (they're all under 5 years Embraced, are 90+% Caitiff, and should take the Thin Blood Flaw as well).  13th Gen. is probably what you intended, though, or at least that's my guess.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

RubySlippers

14th generation can be fun and they don't HAVE to take Thin-Blooded, 15th generation do but they already have lower blood pools so that flaw is built in already to a degree. But that is right status is not available at character creation at least. I was thinking of one for a third charaacter once I played the two I have for a bit.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright to clarify. 

Camarillia        Independents[/i]       Sabbath          Anarchs
Elder                               1                               1                            1                            1
                                    or/and                      or/and                     or/and                     or/and
Ancilla                            1                                1                            1                            1

Standard, ghouls and mortal.   Unlimited, only limitation.  No ghouls that be with a sect not open for play.

Camarilla is open, limited amount of Indepentents.      In regards to Ancilla and Elders.   If want to help and take a position in Cam hierarchy and assume role of helping out.  Being the sub story teller for clan or position taken on.  Running the politics and in clan stuff.  Along with then can create an ancilla if want.  To help drive plots devised.     If want to play an elder that does not hold a position. Then cannot have a the other and vice a versa. 

The best games I have always found, is when you have a cooperative working to bring the world to life.     

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 19, 2009, 09:52:01 AM14th generation can be fun and they don't HAVE to take Thin-Blooded

Never said they did.  Just quoted the 14th gen Flaw in V:tM Rev. ed., notice in my last post that I said should, not must.  There's a difference.  ;)

And never suggested that 14th gen couldn't be interesting/fun.  All I did was note that 14th gen is a Flaw, which the character didn't have although he was listed as 14th gen.  Therefore, I assumed a typo or some such.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

RubySlippers

http://www.geocities.com/roleplayingheroes/idhampyr.htm#dhampir

How can we forget the ultimate thing to scare vampire Elders the half-vampire Dhampir. Nosferatu with Obfuscate 9 is around they can still see through it. mwhahahahaha No fooling them they can sense their natures regardless of their defense.

And their vampire blood regenerates to 10 points naturally, and they don't seem thin blooded per se just don't get any disciplines. They do get their own power though sort of a luck thing called Jos.

Who is up for a Dhampir Coterie in the game? We each make one and they are friends maybe lovers to.

playfullchick76

True, it did have only 6 clans in it, to make it simpler for people to understand i can only assume, and more sellable to a wide audience.Still, it struck a chord in me, and made my mind wander and think up characters for myself. I can only hope that im in. The San Antonio setting works for me as well.

Elven Sex Goddess

No dhampir.  I bring out my Pengalleon of yang imbalance Thrashing dragon from the southern courts.  I slice off any dangles and sew up any nasties.  Then I lope off your heads, and I go back to the simple cultured aspects of reaching enlightment.   Well not really,  I revel in the destruction of the coterie. 

And hmmm gives an idea.   :P

RubySlippers

What is wrong with Western Damphir they are technically vampires, ok not, but at least akin to Revenants with a really neat ability. Might be at least worth adding as npc at least if a vampire can find any in the game to work for them no small task.

sleepingferret

Hmmm.... after watching this post for a while and reading over things.  I'm thinking it might be just the type of game I've been looking for...I'll have to do a little reworking of his sheet, but with ST approval Tremere Primogen reporting for duty.

I'll have his concept, background, and sheet up in a day...two at most unless an emergency comes up at work.

Edit:  Forgot to mention, I started playing oWoD/V:tM in like 8th grade.... been sort of sporadic over the past few years, but my books are still around and the system is still mostly in my head.  I can have most of the quirky mechanics back with a "refresher" re-read of the books.  As for the requirement for Elder types to assist in the story, mechanics, and political aspects of the Camarilla I have no problems with that.  The political power play and moody whims of the Elders are what makes things go "bump in the night" after all.  Without that, the neonates would probably just be killed off by every fool who thought themselves to be the next Van Helsing or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". :P     

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: sleepingferret on January 20, 2009, 05:44:12 PM
Hmmm.... after watching this post for a while and reading over things.  I'm thinking it might be just the type of game I've been looking for...I'll have to do a little reworking of his sheet, but with ST approval Tremere Primogen reporting for duty.

I'll have his concept, background, and sheet up in a day...two at most unless an emergency comes up at work.

Edit:  Forgot to mention, I started playing oWoD/V:tM in like 8th grade.... been sort of sporadic over the past few years, but my books are still around and the system is still mostly in my head.  I can have most of the quirky mechanics back with a "refresher" re-read of the books.  As for the requirement for Elder types to assist in the story, mechanics, and political aspects of the Camarilla I have no problems with that.  The political power play and moody whims of the Elders are what makes things go "bump in the night" after all.  Without that, the neonates would probably just be killed off by every fool who thought themselves to be the next Van Helsing or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". :P    

Welcome warlock.   

Cuffs

I hate to ask for extra assistance, and if no one has the resources I need on hand in quick fashion, I'll continue to research, but I'm currently on a ship in the middle of the ocean, with limited bandwidth.  I have played before, have a Torie rockabilly type in my head already, and a Nos computer/surveillance type nerd, but I don't have a book out here with the info I'd need, and I can't download any programs that would help me out.  Any ideas, or links to the books?  I think either my ex wound up with my vtm books, or they're in a box somewhere.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

RubySlippers

Try this it has most of what you need.

http://www.geocities.com/malfisbymidnight/index.html Character Creation

http://wuzzle.org/~vampire/disc.html Disciplines Descriptions but Its Not Official In a Few

http://www.angelfire.com/de2/createvtm/merits2.html Merits/Flaws and Covers Some Information in the Other Two Sites

All should be printable if needed and other than that you need a character sheet for reference I can't help there.