[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: Scroll of Errata pg 15Bonus Stacking

Bonuses from equipment (including magical material bonuses) do not stack with one another; the character enjoys only the best among his various modifiers. For example, a Dragon-Blooded character with a jade daiklave and jade hearthstone bracers would only lower his Speed by one point—the two magical material bonuses will not stack to produce Speed -2.  Likewise, a character wearing lamellar armor and a magic girdle that provides armored soak enjoys only the higher of the two soak ratings—they do not stack together.

Hmmm...  I concede your point.

One non-armor soak, and one armor soak will apply.  If it's not clear in the artifact description which type it is then ask me and I'll clarify it.  Resplendent Amulets are non-armor.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 29, 2012, 07:56:00 PM
Just making sure the experience costs on  page 274 of the exalted 2nd ed book are what we are using, correct?

We'll be using Flat XP costs while the game is running.  For character creation it shouldn't be an issue which is why I haven't mentioned it yet.
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Okay making and posting my final version of my character sheet. I doubt ill have all the info here tonight though.

Name:Sonnellion, The Bitch Queen
Type:Infernal Exalted
Caste:Defiler
Motivation:Be the most beautiful being in the cosmos. (The Fairest of them All)
Urge:Urge to Command: Control the Minds of the Lower classes.
Intimacies:Intimacies: She Who Lives In Her Name (Respect), Romanticide (Companionship), Ligier (Desire), His Cult (Dominance), His Beauty (Obsession), Genesis (Facination), Escaping slaves and serfs (Loathing), Attention (Craving)
Anima: 12 crystalline orbs rotate around him in perfect symmetry. Inside each sphere is a different glorified image of Sonnellion actualizing one of his goals. A softly glowing corona of a twilight sky crowns him.
Anima Power:May spend motes to absorb damage
Birthday:Spring Equinox
Height:5'11"
Weight:149 lbs
Skin:Pale Porcelain
Hair:Black with violet-red tones
Eyes:Purple and gold
Style:Opera Diva

Charsheet

Strength1  Charisma3  Perception2
Dexterity2Manipulation4Intelligence4
Stamina3Appearance10Wits3

Archery0Integrity3Craft6
Martial Arts0Performance5Investigation0
Melee0Presence3Lore5
Thrown0Resistance3Medicine3
War0Survival0Occult5

Athletics0Bureaucracy2
Awareness0Linguistics1
Dodge0Ride0
Larceny0Sail0
Stealth0Socialize1

Specialties
Perform: Singing1
Craft:Genisis1
Craft: Vitriol1
Occult:Telekinetic Combat2
Presance: Seduction2
Medicine:Childbirth1

Languages:
XXX

Charms

Malfeas
Hardened Devil Body (-1, -2, -2)

She Who Lives In Her Name (Main)
First Excellency, 1m per dice (x3)
Factual Determination Analysis, 2m
Essence Dissecting Stare, 8m
Counter-Conceptual Interposition, 5m
Mind-Hand Manipulation, 10m
Tool-Transcending Constructs

Cecylene (Favored)
First Excellency, 1m per dice (x3)
Cecylene Inevitability Technique
Sorcerous Enlightenment 
Transcendent Desert Creature
Verdant Emptiness Endowment, 10m, 1wp
Bestowal of Accursed Fortune

Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees
Alchemy (+3)

Sorcery
Slave Spawn Summons, 20+m

Backgrounds
Manse5 (Hearthstone: Deterministic Orb)
Manse3 (Hearthstone: Gem of Grace)
Resources5 (xxxx)
Demonic Familiar5 (Romanticide)
Cult3 (xxxx)
Artifact4 (Orachalcum Raptor Wings)
Artifact3 (Greater Transformative Armor)
Artifact3 (Neomah Demonic Tatoo)

Merits
Legendary Attribute (Appearance) (-3pts)
Enchanting Features (-4pts)

Flaws
Diminished Strength (+3pts)
Diminished Sense (Smell) (+1pt)
Vice (Fame Addiction) (+3pts)
Sickly   (+3pts)
Greater Curse (+1pts)
Phobia (Being Disfigured) (+4 pts)

Virtues
Compassion3Conviction3
Temperance5Valor2

Virtue Flaw:
xxxxx

Defense Values (dodge):
Physical:3 (6 flying), Mental:8 (No cap on bonus from Appearance)
Soak:
B11/L11/A10 (unarmored B3/L1)
Health Levels:
-0, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:

Willpower:

Essence:
Personal Pool:
xx/18
Peripheral Pool:
xx/43
Other Pools:
N/A
Committed:
xx

Bonus Points 00/43
Traits (7pts): Enchanting Features, Legendary Appearance
Attribute Increase (4pts): Appearance 5 to 6
Favored Charms (6pts): Flesh as Sand Meditation, Tool Transcending Constructs
Willpower (4pts): 5 to 9
Background (4pts): Demonic Familiar 3 to 5
Abilities (7pts): Perform 3 to 5, Occult 3 to 5, Lore 3 to 5, Craft 3 to 4
Background (4pts): Manse 3 to 5
Specialties (2pts): Vitriol Thaumaturgy x3, Singing x1
Background (5pts): Resources 2 to 5
Background (3pts): Artifact 3 (Neomah tattoo)

Background

"Come honored guests and see the greedy dwarf dig through filth to get his gold!" The poor man in the cage had been born with dwarfism. He had always been treated poorly but the torments of his hometown were memories of a distant paradise since he was kidnapped by the Bachante. Now he was forced to dive head first into liquified refuse and mud to fish out some hunk of pyrite for the pleasure of sadistic aristocrats.

"My Lords and Ladies, watch the giant eat his own penis. The rituals of his primitive culture are odd indeed." Most of the "exhibits" in the show were normal humans mutated by the wild, diseases, or birth defects. They were taken from their homes, put in chains, and tortured until they had little will left. With the Bachante the exhibits were given some fanciful background and made to do horrid things to themselves while the audience watched.

"Esteemed dignitaries, look at the little rat girl scurry for the cheese and sequel when she springs the trap." The announcer was the son of the man who owned the show. They called him the Siren, seeing his beautiful form and listening to his enthralling voice was as much part of the show as the cruel exhibits. At the end of the show he would always sing. The high notes and power of his voice would have made the greatest diva's of the opera green with envy.

One particular night during his mournful song one of the exhibits, a primordial dwarf girl no older than 8, wouldn't stop crying. Her tearful screaming for her mother was loud enough to drown out some of The Siren's more subtle technique. He stopped singing to do to her what he did to anyone who made an unwanted scene during the show; beat her to the point of crippling her further while humiliating her in front of the audience. During the horrid beating the wyld barbarian, who was called the giant, interposed himself between the Siren's lash and the little girl. Now the Siren had to make them both suffer.

The little rat girl wasn't as dumb as dumb and broken as the Siren believed. She picked the locked latch on the giants manacles. The Siren summoned the his guardsmen, but the Barbarian had seen more battles than they. The Siren realized he was in danger when he saw his guards overpowered and the Barbarian take their weapons. He stepped up with his whip determined to beat the barbarian down and cow him back into submission. It was a dramatic standoff, but not an epic one. The Siren had no real combat training and was pinned underneath the barbarian in moments.

The ratgirl had let the other prisoners out. The dwarf wasted no time in running over and cutting the Siren's clothes off. The dwarf's filthy hands stained the siren's smooth legs we he forced them to spread. While many prisoners ran as soon as they had the chance the giant wasn't done. "Now everyone! Watch as I make The Siren one of us!" He shouted as he slashed a knife across his former captors face.

The audience agreed that the rape and mutilation of The Siren was the most arousing performance they had ever seen. The sound of his screams were truly magnificent.
Theme Song

This is not only Sonnellion's theme. It also serves as an example of his singing. (In real life the vocals are done by the divine Sumi Jo, my favorite opera singer.) The video also includes some very artistic images of nearly naked women.

Vocalise / Wokaliza - The Ninth Gate - Wojciech Kilar/Sumi Jo

This one is wonderful too. The song is really a villainous monologue. The Queen of the Night is telling her daughter that she is leaving her behind to die so that she may kill the man The Queen wants vengeance against.  Again sung by the marvelous Sumi Jo.

Sumi jo_Der Hölle Rache Kocht In Meinem Herzen(1992)

Panopoly

Neomah Tattoo: (Artifact 3, Sapiance 3): The delicate filigree of this tattoo caress Sonnellion under his shoulder blades and converge in a point between them. Aside from the spirit charms, the powers it grants are typical of a nemoah tattoo. The demonic essence within is rather pleased at having a vessel like Sonnellion. (In many ways The Bitch Queen acts like an extremely evolved Nemoah) For a short time it simply urged Sonnellion to seduce powerful individuals in return for very large payments. The Bitch Queen, for a time, was the highest paid demonic courtesan in existence and he has a vast fortune from performing such services. However, upon becoming so wealthy and realizing Sonnellion's toward the demonic green sun the demonic spirit has decided to drive Sonnellion to seduce an ultimate being in return for an truly marvelous payment. Something as simply as money will not be acceptable.

Urge:
Seduce Demon-Bound Ligier and receive a suitably elaborate gift for doing so.
Spirit Charms: Principal of Motion, Shapechange, Portal (May portal to any of Sonnellion's Manses), Stoke the Flame, Meat of Broken Flesh, Spirit Cutting

Orachalcum Wings of the Raptor: (Artifact 4) These beautiful wings are composed of soft black feathers. When fully unfurreled they bathe The Bitch Queen in a soft lavender light, when he wishes to hide them they change into an exquisite mantle of black gossamer silk liner with black feathers. The feathers themselves are soft and full like those of an exotic bird, not waxy like a raven or crows. The corrupting infusion of vitriol gave the normally white feathers their black color. It's said that Sonnellion used the evil magics given to him by Cecylene to gain such a wonderous posession. It is in the throat of the mantle that Sonnellion keeps his Deterministic Orb. The two combined make everything he does seem completely surreal. (Note that due to the Nemoah tatoo Sonnellion's apperance only drops by 2 when they are deactivated: Assuming no penalties from Flesh as Sand are affecting him)

Greater Transformative Armor: (Artifact 3) Sonnellion can change his clothing into anything he can imagine, yet never lose the protection of 10L/8B soak and 6L/6B Hardness. The one feature included in every outfit, from the most revealing lengerie to the most extravagant robe, is a large flawless diamond that is actuslly the Gem of Grace hearthstone he has set in the armor.

The Basilica of Vice: (Manse 3 - Gem of Grace) This open style temple serves as a base for Sonnellions cult. It's also a very attractive location to practice sorcery.

8 CP (Maintanance 2)
Attunement recognition, Basic Senses, Cosmetic Display, Outside Fate, Rainbow Tabernacle (3), Archive (2), Temple Manse (3)

The City of Dis

The City of Dis: (Manse 5 - Deterministic Orb) Words fail to fully describe the grand and terrible nature of The City of Dis. While not truley a city it is immense in size. It's construction was more a manifestation of the reality warping will the Yozis possess rather than any normal working of architecture. From the outside it looks like an beautiful palace topped with copper domes that have long ago turned green. Marvels of finely polished clockwork machinery opperate dehind decorative glass panes. A demonic craftsman of the second sircle both guards and cares for the manse in it's Masters absense. Within it's wings are extreamly well furnished labratories and workshops. There is one for Genisis, Vitriol, Water, Fire, and Air. The City of Dis can even take over the creation of a magic artifact once Sonnellion sets it up. Once per day the terrible power of the manse can allot it to teleport to one of 4 set places in creation or one within malfeas. Perhaps it's most unique and frightening aspect though is that it can think and communicate on it's own. Given time it can even evolve, learning more skills and teaching them to others. What it cannot do is disobey Sonnellion, since it was made for him it has little desire to anyway.

For all it's power The City of Dis is a intricate thing. All the workships are part of a Factory Cathedral and those who would enter must go through a ritual purification lest their unpurified essense contaminate the intricate machinery. Every year it must also consume at least three exotic materials otherwise suitable for crafting a 3 dot artifact. The heart of the magical clockwork within is located in the hearthroom and it's destruction would be a disaster upon the City of Dis

16 CP (Drawback Maintanance 4, Vulnerable 2)
Attunement recognition, Basic Senses, Cosmetic Displays, Living Manse, Outside Fate, Alternate Locations (5pts),  Sentient (4pts), Factory Cathedral (5 pts), Guardian (3 pts),

The Bitch Queen is exceptionally wealthy. When traveling he usually keeps an assortment of wondrous mundane items available: Flask of Iron Brush Distillation, Flask of Bright Morning, 2 Bottles of Sweet Cordial, Jar of Seven bounties Paste, Wind Fire Poition, Universal Philtre of Desire, Vial of Yozi Venom, Good Luck Charm,  Walkway Charm.

He is very eager to get his claws on Celestial Wine and Cocaine.
Important Servants

Romanticide "Roman"
Demon of the First circle.

Some Neomah find their positions as demonic courtesans pleasurable. Many of those who don't at least have a lot of pride in how well they provide their cervices. Romanticide was not one of them. Romanticide did the job and did it well, but it was the creation of life and the sculpting of flesh that were it was a true artist. The desire to work with ever higher quality supplies is what brought it to the extravagant manse of Sonnellion. Romanticide would change it's shape to that of an handsome male to be more attractive to the master of the house. It always did have a slight preference for catering to such desires. As time went on Romanticide, or "Roman" as he was called, lost most interest in performing menial independent tasks. Instead he worked all the more closely with Sonnellion, performing various tasks for him and delving into the secrets of fleshcraft. Romanticide no longer has to use his shape changing charm to appear as a male. Through the power of genesis he is now the first naturally name Nemoah.

Motivation: To serve Sonnellion and discover the most powerful secrets of Genisis

Image (NSFW)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Str 4, Dex 6, Stam 5, - Cha 2, Manip 4, App 5 - Per 3, Int 2, Wits 2

Virtue: Compassion 4, Conviction 5, Temperance 1, Valor 1

Abilities: Awareness 1, Athletics 1, Craft 5 (Genisis +1, Vitriol +1, Magitech +1), Dodge 4, Integrity 4, Linguistics 2, Lore 4, Occult 3, Presence 3 (Seduction +1), Resistance 3, Archery 5 (Short Power bow +3,  Poison Arrows +1)

Backgrounds: Artifact 2 (Short Starmetal Powerbow) - Mundane Possessions of Note: Good Luck Charm (Walkway) [Worn as a cock piercing], 2 Doses of Aconite Dust.

Charms: Harrow the Mind, Principal of Motion, Reserve of Will x1, Shapechange, Weaving of Flesh, First, Second, and Third Excellency (Athletics, Dodge, Archery, Craft, Stealth), Touch of Grace, Ride. Ox-Body Technique, Essence Plethora.

Join Battle: 3

Spit Fire: Speed 5, Accuracy 8, Damage 10L, Defense 2, Rate 2

Short Starmetal Powerbow: Speed 6,  Accuracy 3, Damage 4L,  Rate 2 (Modified By Arrows)

Soak: 5L/5B
Health: -0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 7 - Willpower: 9 (10) - Essence 4 - Essence Pool 87/95
Cost to Materialize: 65
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

PaleEnchantress

Because of his high app and vanity if we make any ocean voyages im going to have him put on a corset use shapechange to make his hair candy-apple red. The storm mothers will be foaming at the mouth. He bitchy enough to do that.

ChaoticSky

Oho, sorry, i missed this conversation!

Its resolved now, and in agreement with what i told enchanted, but if any if you are wondering what i said, it was basically this:

You cannot stack the same values, armour gives you a static soak, ie, 1B/1L. Certain other baubles give you soak as well, but its not static, its additional soak, and defined as +1B/1L, the + is what marks it as additional, and septate from static soak. Per the errata, you can have one of each, and they do stack, but you only get the highest value from each, if you wear superheavy over a chain shirt, then your only counting the soak from the superheavy, And if you happen to have moonsilver bracers and a amulet, then you only count the additional soak from the highest one, not both.

ShadowFox89

It's why my Lunar is going to have a pair of jade bracers rather than moonsilver.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Finally rejiggered the sheet and FIXED THE HORRIBLE LINK FORMATTING IN THIS POST ARGH as I knew I was going to do.  It's not much of a change-- it occurred to me that Cecylene is incapable of actual acts of generosity without hidden cost, so I went with the First Kimbery Excellency and Mythos Exultant instead of the Cecylene's.  I'll just have to pick up that second Excellency sooner rather than later and deal with raising Essence at a later point.  Not like there isn't all the stuff to buy at E3 anyway...

Also, not going to lie: hearing that we're going to be using fixed XP costs is a weight off my mind.  I haven't found a way to not minmax the differing BP/XP ratios and be satisfied with what I turn out in the long run.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Here is sheet format for those who want fancy looking sheet like PaleEnchantress has.

[float=left][img height=300]http://sp3.fotolog.com/photo/51/13/122/0rkt/1247236939955_f.jpg[/img][/float][table][tr][td][b]Name:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Type:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Caste:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Motivation:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Intimacies:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Anima:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Anima Power:[/b][/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Age:[/td][td]XX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Birthday:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Height:[/td][td]X'X"[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Weight:[/td][td]XXX lbs[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Skin:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Hair:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Eyes:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Style:[/td][td]XXX[/td][/tr][/table]
[spoiler=Charsheet]
[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Charisma[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Perception[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dexterity[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Manipulation[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Intelligence[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stamina[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Appearance[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]Wits[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[table][tr][td]Archery[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Integrity[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Craft[/b][/td][td]X[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Martial Arts[/td][td]0[/td][td]Performance[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Investigation[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Melee[/td][td]0[/td][td]Presence[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Lore[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Thrown[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Resistance[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Medicine[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]War[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td]Survival[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Occult[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]0[/td][td][b]Bureaucracy[/b][/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Awareness[/b][/td][td]0[/td][td]Linguistics[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dodge[/td][td]0[/td][td]Ride[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Larceny[/td][td]0[/td][td]Sail[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]0[/td][td]Socialize[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Craft Invested dots[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Air[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Earth[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fire[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Water[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wood[/td][td]0[/td][td]Magitech[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Specialties[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]XXX:XXX[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lore: First Age[/td][td]0[/td]
[td]XXX:XXX[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Languages:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] XXX

[table][tr][td][b][u]Charms[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]XXX[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx, xm+xwp

[table][tr][td][b][u]Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx (+x)

[table][tr][td][b][u]Sorcery[/u][/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx, xxm

[table][tr][td][b]Backgrounds[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]xxxx[/td][td]x (xxxx)[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Merits[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

[table][tr][td][b]Flaws[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxx (xxx) (+xpts)

[table][tr][td][b]Virtues[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Compassion[/td][td]1[/td][td]Conviction[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Temperance[/td][td]1[/td][td]Valor[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Virtue Flaw:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xxxxx

[table][tr][td][b]Defense Values (dodge):[/b][/td][/tr][/table] [i]Physical:[/i]x, [i]Mental:[/i]x
[table][tr][td][b]Soak:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] Bx/Lx/A0 (unarmored Bx/Lx)
[table][tr][td][b]Health Levels:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
[table][tr][td][b]Attacks:[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][b]Willpower:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx

[table][tr][td][b]Essence:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] x
[table][tr][td][b]Personal Pool:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx/xx
[table][tr][td][b]Peripheral Pool:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx/xx
[table][tr][td][b]Other Pools:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx
[table][tr][td][b]Committed:[/b][/td][/tr][/table] xx

[table][tr][td][b]Bonus Points 18/00[/b][/td][/tr][/table]
xxxx (xpts): xxxx
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Background]xxxx[/spoiler]

Cessali

Notations of caste are for the weak!  :V

PaleEnchantress

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my scourge who favors TED. His weapon is from scroll of monk, I made it 3 dot artifact altough weapon is normally 2 dot. So any suggestions for 'improvements' on it?

Name:Serpent of the Midnight
Type:Infernal
Caste:Scourge (favoring TED)
Motivation:Bring misery and pain into world and ruin everything what is virtous, pure and good
Urge:ST chooses, must be Adorjan or TED related
Intimacies:Solars (hatred), Abyssals (amusement), Adorjan (adoration), Ebon Dragon (hatred), Fellow Infernals (rivalry), Dancing (passion), Torment Enemies (fun), Whimpering (despise), Malfeas (admire), She-Who-Lives-By-Her-Name (spite), Mortals (hatred), Dragon-Bloods (hatred), Sidereals (hatred)
Anima:Serpent's anima is same as his name indicates; A dark green serpent which wildly spiralls around him in utter silence.
Anima Power:Muffle anima banner building with extra mote(s). 5m create perfect silence on char to add essence number of automatic success on stealth rolls where silence is taking part. 10m allows form field of silence where no sound escapes to outside (but objects thrown to outside field are heard).
Birthday:Resplendent Fire 20
Height:6'1"
Weight:160lbs
Skin:Pale, slightly greenish
Hair:Bright green mane
Eyes:Serpent yellow/gold
Style:Dress in black fancy trenchcoat and wear vest over white satin shirt and wear dark leather shoes (same as in pic). Carrying chain daiklave around folded inside his left sleeve.
Charsheet

Strength4Charisma1Perception3
Dexterity5Manipulation5Intelligence3
Stamina2Appearance3Wits5

Archery0Integrity1CraftX
Martial Arts5Performance3Investigation3
Melee0Presence3Lore1
Thrown0Resistance1Medicine0
War0Survival0Occult1

Athletics3Bureaucracy0
Awareness3Linguistics1
Dodge5+3Ride0
Larceny2Sail0
Stealth2Socialize3

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water0
Wood0Magitech0

Specialties
Martial Arts:Chain daiklave2
Performance:Dancing2Presence:Insults2
Investigation:Secrets2

Languages:Riverspeak (native), Old Realm

Charms

Malfeas
Hardened Devil Body, permanent, add health levels

Adorjan
First Excelency, reflexive, 1m/1 dice
Wind Born Stride, permanent, increase movement/dash
Joy in Violence Approach, instant, 1m/per success
Threat-Monitoring Excitement, instant, 1m
Thousandfold Typhoon Hand, reflexive, 4m
Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation, instant, 1m/per corpse fed
Broken Silence Laugther Defense, reflexive, 1m (+4m, +0m)

Ebon Dragon
Witness to Darkness, permanent, avoids blindness and easier detect lies but harder speak truths
Golden Years Tarnished Black, instant, 8m+1wp, corrupts intimacies/memories
Memory Poison Mastery, permanent, improves GYTB and gives compulsion corrupt intimacies
Unreasoning Prejudice Infliction, permanent, makes recovery from GYTB harder to do
Cracked Cell Circumvention, instant, 2m
Bloodless Murk Evasion, reflexive, 8m

xxx (+x)

Sorcery
xxx, xxm

Backgrounds
Cult1 (Basic followers what all infernals share)
Artifact1 (Vitriolic soulsteel heartstone amulet)
Artifact2 (Vitriolic jade heartstone bracers)
Artifact3 (Vitriolic orihalcum Daiklave, chain)
Artifact1 (Vitriolic moonsilver reinforced buff jacket)
Manse3 (Passion-Drinking Ligthning Stone)
Manse2 (Gemstone of Surface Thoughts)
Manse1 (Road of Hatred Stone)
Resource3 (He has collected and stolen lots of wealth)
Unwoven Coadjutor5 (Theodozjia)

Merits
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

Flaws
Throwback (A noble compassionate solar champion who died as a martyr) (+2pts)
Derangement (Sadism) (+3pts)
Wanted (most hated infernal by opposition) (+5pts)
Enemies (he has made many, both from opposition and own side being a major pain in ass or outright dick) (+5pts)

Virtues
Compassion1Conviction4
Temperance2Valor5

Virtue Flaw:
Conviction

Defense Values (dodge):Physical:8, Mental:7 (10 vs manipulation)
Soak:B12/L8/A0 H:5B/5L (unarmored B2/L1)
Health Levels:-0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:
Blade tipped chain swing: Spd 4 Acc +2 Dmg +11L Def +3 Rate 3 Tags: 2,M,R
Sword Form: Spd 3 Acc +6 Dmg +10L Def +2 Rate 3 Tags: M
Chain Smack: Spd 4 Acc +2 Dmg +14B Def +3 Rate 3 Tags: M,R
Chain Clinch: Spd 5 Acc +3 Dmg +11B Def -- Rate 2 Tags: C,M,R,P

Willpower:10

Essence:3
Personal Pool:19/19
Peripheral Pool:43/31
Other Pools:
Committed:4+4+3+1=12

Bonus Points 43/43
Increase Attributes (12pts): Wits 2 dots, Perception 1 dot, Inteligence 1 dot
Increase Abilities (8pts): Increase Awareness 2 dots, Increase Athletics 1 dot, Increase Presence 1 dot, Increase Performance 1 dot, Increase Socialize 2 dots, Increase Investigation 1 dot
Purchase/Increase Specialities (2pts): Buy (Investigation):Secrets by 2 dots, increase (Presence):Insults and (Performance):Dancing by 1 dot each
Purchase Charms (9pts): Golden Years Tarnished Black, Memory Poison Mastery, Unreasoning Prejudice Infliction
Increase Backgrounds (4pts): Unwoven Coadjutor by 2 dots
Increase Virtue (3pts): Valor 1 dots, Compassion 1 dot, Temperance 1 dot
Increase Willpower (5pts)
Background
Serpent of Midnight was once a mortal who had got ill luck in his whole life; he was farmer's son who refused live in farm and went adventuring. Instead he got enslaved by guild and he was passed over the years between different owners who produced varied torments between sexual abuse and torture for amusement. It left him ugly and scarred but he had strong reserve of will to endure and survive in gutter. Worst owners were dragon-blood masters who used charms and sorcery do things which were further horrid than what he ever experienced.

He fervertly whispered in shadows for salvation, release from the torment as he had no strenght to do suicide nor even attempt to slay his captors. From shadows answered a theodozjia who then imbued itself on Serpent of Midnight and he was so reborn. He went sadistic rampage on his captors and he visited each and every one of his former owners and introduced them to private hell and his mind became permamently sadistic; taking delight from suffering as his captors had and deliver them dark justice. But his sadism spread to judge humans as a race repulsive and wicked race with no true sense of virtue and honor! So he became a torture and tormentor of Hell.

When Reclamation started he was in Heaven and more than gladly slaugthered sidereals in his path, as he despised them and their kin as it was because of fate he suffered and he nothing more than wants rape each and every maiden of destiny for their crime allowing suffering of mortals to occur unchecked! Over time his spite grew and grew to point he became completely sociopath obsessed with his goals bring suffering and it started spread his practices even among infernals who showed anykind of virtue or goodness in them. it results more than quite large number of enemies among infernals and opposition alike. But he had become cunning in hiding in shadows and striking unexpected weaklings with full power of his spite to bring them emotional torment and some cases show mercy in killing them and end so their suffering and whimpering which annoys him.

For a man who is not among most powerful of infernal host, he had gained lots of enemies and people disliking him and he knows it.....and more than delights from said spite. Only very few infernals he has not annoyed (yet very least).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 30, 2012, 02:57:43 PM
Here comes my scourge who favors TED. His weapon is from scroll of monk, I made it 3 dot artifact altough weapon is normally 2 dot. So any suggestions for 'improvements' on it?

Name:Serpent of the Midnight
Type:Infernal
Caste:Scourge (favoring TED)
Motivation:Bring misery and pain into world and ruin everything what is virtous, pure and good
Urge:ST chooses, must be Adorjan or TED related
Intimacies:Solars (hatred), Abyssals (amusement), Adorjan (adoration), Ebon Dragon (hatred), Fellow Infernals (rivalry), Dancing (passion), Torment Enemies (fun), Whimpering (despise), Malfeas (admire), She-Who-Lives-By-Her-Name (spite), Mortals (hatred), Dragon-Bloods (hatred), Sidereals (hatred)
Anima:Serpent's anima is same as his name indicates; A dark green serpent which wildly spiralls around him in utter silence.
Anima Power:Muffle anima banner building with extra mote(s). 5m create perfect silence on char to add essence number of automatic success on stealth rolls where silence is taking part. 10m allows form field of silence where no sound escapes to outside (but objects thrown to outside field are heard).
Birthday:Resplendent Fire 20
Height:6'1"
Weight:160lbs
Skin:Pale, slightly greenish
Hair:Bright green mane
Eyes:Serpent yellow/gold
Style:Dress in black fancy trenchcoat and wear vest over white satin shirt and wear dark leather shoes (same as in pic). Carrying chain daiklave around folded inside his left sleeve.
Charsheet

Strength4Charisma1Perception3
Dexterity5Manipulation5Intelligence3
Stamina2Appearance3Wits5

Archery0Integrity1CraftX
Martial Arts5Performance3Investigation3
Melee0Presence3Lore1
Thrown0Resistance1Medicine0
War0Survival0Occult1

Athletics3Bureaucracy0
Awareness3Linguistics1
Dodge5+3Ride0
Larceny2Sail0
Stealth2Socialize3

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water0
Wood0Magitech0

Specialties
Martial Arts:Chain daiklave2
Performance:Dancing2Presence:Insults2
Investigation:Secrets2

Languages:Riverspeak (native), Old Realm

Charms

Malfeas
Hardened Devil Body, permanent, add health levels

Adorjan
Wind Born Stride, permanent, increase movement/dash
Joy in Violence Approach, instant, 1m/per success
Threat-Monitoring Excitement, instant, 1m
Thousandfold Typhoon Hand, reflexive, 4m
Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation, instant, 1m/per corpse fed
Broken Silence Laugther Defense, reflexive, 1m (+4m, +0m)

Ebon Dragon
Witness to Darkness, permanent, avoids blindness and easier detect lies but harder speak truths
Golden Years Tarnished Black, instant, 8m+1wp, corrupts intimacies/memories
Memory Poison Mastery, permanent, improves GYTB and gives compulsion corrupt intimacies
Unreasoning Prejudice Infliction, permanent, makes recovery from GYTB harder to do
Cracked Cell Circumvention, instant, 2m
Bloodless Murk Evasion, reflexive, 8m

xxx (+x)

Sorcery
xxx, xxm

Backgrounds
Cult1 (Basic followers what all infernals share)
Artifact1 (Vitriolic soulsteel heartstone amulet)
Artifact2 (Vitriolic jade heartstone bracers)
Artifact3 (Vitriolic orihalcum Daiklave, chain)
Artifact1 (Vitriolic moonsilver reinforced buff jacket)
Manse3 (Passion-Drinking Ligthning Stone)
Manse2 (Gemstone of Surface Thoughts)
Manse1 (Road of Hatred Stone)
Resource3 (He has collected and stolen lots of wealth)
Unwoven Coadjutor5 (Theodozjia)

Merits
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

Flaws
Throwback (A noble compassionate solar champion who died as a martyr) (+2pts)
Derangement (Sadism) (+3pts)
Wanted (most hated infernal by opposition) (+5pts)
Enemies (he has made many, both from opposition and own side being a major pain in ass or outright dick) (+5pts)

Virtues
Compassion3Conviction3
Temperance3Valor3

Virtue Flaw:
Temperance

Defense Values (dodge):Physical:8, Mental:7 (10 vs manipulation)
Soak:B12/L8/A0 H:5B/5L (unarmored B2/L1)
Health Levels:-0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:
Blade tipped chain swing: Spd 4 Acc +2 Dmg +11L Def +3 Rate 3 Tags: 2,M,R
Sword Form: Spd 3 Acc +6 Dmg +10L Def +2 Rate 3 Tags: M
Chain Smack: Spd 4 Acc +2 Dmg +14B Def +3 Rate 3 Tags: M,R
Chain Clinch: Spd 5 Acc +3 Dmg +11B Def -- Rate 2 Tags: C,M,R,P

Willpower:10

Essence:3
Personal Pool:19/19
Peripheral Pool:43/31
Other Pools:
Committed:4+4+3+1=12

Bonus Points 43/43
Increase Attributes (12pts): Wits 2 dots, Perception 1 dot, Inteligence 1 dot
Increase Abilities (8pts): Increase Awareness 2 dots, Increase Athletics 1 dot, Increase Presence 1 dot, Increase Performance 1 dot, Increase Socialize 2 dots, Increase Investigation 1 dot
Purchase/Increase Specialities (2pts): Buy (Investigation):Secrets by 2 dots, increase (Presence):Insults and (Performance):Dancing by 1 dot each
Purchase Charms (9pts): Golden Years Tarnished Black, Memory Poison Mastery, Unreasoning Prejudice Infliction
Increase Backgrounds (4pts): Unwoven Coadjutor by 2 dots
Increase Virtue (3pts): Valor 1 dots, Compassion 1 dot, Temperance 1 dot
Increase Willpower (5pts)
Background
Serpent of Midnight was once a mortal who had got ill luck in his whole life; he was farmer's son who refused live in farm and went adventuring. Instead he got enslaved by guild and he was passed over the years between different owners who produced varied torments between sexual abuse and torture for amusement. It left him ugly and scarred but he had strong reserve of will to endure and survive in gutter. Worst owners were dragon-blood masters who used charms and sorcery do things which were further horrid than what he ever experienced.

He fervertly whispered in shadows for salvation, release from the torment as he had no strenght to do suicide nor even attempt to slay his captors. From shadows answered a theodozjia who then imbued itself on Serpent of Midnight and he was so reborn. He went sadistic rampage on his captors and he visited each and every one of his former owners and introduced them to private hell and his mind became permamently sadistic; taking delight from suffering as his captors had and deliver them dark justice. But his sadism spread to judge humans as a race repulsive and wicked race with no true sense of virtue and honor! So he became a torture and tormentor of Hell.

When Reclamation started he was in Heaven and more than gladly slaugthered sidereals in his path, as he despised them and their kin as it was because of fate he suffered and he nothing more than wants rape each and every maiden of destiny for their crime allowing suffering of mortals to occur unchecked! Over time his spite grew and grew to point he became completely sociopath obsessed with his goals bring suffering and it started spread his practices even among infernals who showed anykind of virtue or goodness in them. it results more than quite large number of enemies among infernals and opposition alike. But he had become cunning in hiding in shadows and striking unexpected weaklings with full power of his spite to bring them emotional torment and some cases show mercy in killing them and end so their suffering and whimpering which annoys him.

For a man who is not among most powerful of infernal host, he had gained lots of enemies and people disliking him and he knows it.....and more than delights from said spite. Only very few infernals he has not annoyed (yet very least).

FINALLY ZAER YOU MAKE AN ACTUAL VILLAIN! Congrats on coming out of toeing the line with anti-heroes. May the world never recover from the horror left in our wake.

Edit: Also you can dance while i'll sing.

PaleEnchantress

Question: Is craft (magitech) just for things like power armor and warstriders, or is it something that includes all artifacts?

Cessali

Magitech is specifically for power armor, warstriders, and certain other forms of magitechnology as seen in Wonders of the Lost Age.  They usually require magitechnological components and infrastructure to manufacture, something I'm not sure we're going to have reliable access to unless we do the work to make it ourselves-- which is not saying "don't invest in it" as much as it's saying "be mindful of what it requires when you do so", because there are certainly remnants of the First Age hidden where people haven't gotten to it yet.

A thought: are you sure you want both Compassion and Temperance at 3, Zaer?  That really doesn't look like a character background that would want either of those Virtues-- sadists would have to spend willpower to suppress Compassion on a regular basis, and rampant deceivers tend to have issues with Temperance for the same reason.  I could see a violent tormentor with massive Conviction and Valor, and maybe Temperance if they value their word, but not Compassion.  Not even Murder as Meat would allow you to do do terrible things to Exalts without some sort of strange instructive benevolent cruelty in mind.

Which you may have in mind, but it thus far isn't readily obvious.

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 30, 2012, 04:54:53 PM
Question: Is craft (magitech) just for things like power armor and warstriders, or is it something that includes all artifacts?

Yay characters to review!

And to answer your question, Magitech are generally artifacts that use moving parts in some way, or are otherwise powered by essence directly.

Automatons are Magitech, in addition to the things you mention.

To make an artifact, you simply need the correct craft skill to do it (which due to our house rule is moot).  The core book has the rules for making artifacts in it under the Dramatic Rules Mental section.
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 30, 2012, 05:13:20 PM
Magitech is specifically for power armor, warstriders, and certain other forms of magitechnology as seen in Wonders of the Lost Age.  They usually require magitechnological components and infrastructure to manufacture, something I'm not sure we're going to have reliable access to unless we do the work to make it ourselves-- which is not saying "don't invest in it" as much as it's saying "be mindful of what it requires when you do so", because there are certainly remnants of the First Age hidden where people haven't gotten to it yet.

Thats actually really helpful. I was wondering if I got Factory Cathedral if i'd just be wasting it without being able to specifically craft magi-tech. Looks like I can use it for normal artifact crafting as is.

Zaer Darkwail

I read compassion = passion/obsession among infernals. So my compassion is about how easily I form intimacies and tells intensity of my sadistic behavior.

Compassion 1 sadist would be like 'meh' most of time. While Compassion 5 would be literally joker (from Batman) when he had smoked weed and is having Batman as hostage.

So my mental derangement puts in 'practice' normal compassion as if it's 1 (regarding do I care about mortals and such) while in other cases it is 3 to determine how passionately I torture someone. Adorjan is descriped as compassion virtue presentative and she is lot scarier when she loves you when she hates you (and her charms focus on compassion virtue).

So picture below would explain what you should do if my char runs towards you 'let me love you'....

ShadowFox89

Ignore the writeup about Infernal virtues. Infernal virtues are no different from anyone else's.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Hmm, ok. Then valor and conviction to both 4 and temperance remain 3 then. How temperance affects deception in general?

ShadowFox89

Temperance needs to be suppressed to lie.

My lunar is going to be Conviction 4 with everything else 2 or less.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well it sucks then majorly, because I cannot raise neither conviction nor valor past 4 (while normal char gen you could). Also longer run you miss some few motes from peripheral if you cannot understand virtues differently like abyssals treat theirs (while infernals have their own write up how their virtues work as change to infernal also alters psykological mind set).

Each yozi lists how their compassions work, TED/Fiend urge compassion example presents unrestricted show of love; debauchery, lecher and adultery (so virtues have infernal twist at them).

Cessali

You can put them past 4, you just need to spend BP to bump them to that final dot.  Minha has both Compassion and Temperance 5, and I spent BP to get both of those.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 30, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
You can put them past 4, you just need to spend BP to bump them to that final dot.  Minha has both Compassion and Temperance 5, and I spent BP to get both of those.

My temperance is 5 through the Deterministic Orb. It's actually one of Sonnellion's lower virtues normally.