News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warcraft: Desperate Times

Started by Krayz, August 25, 2010, 02:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I am so up for this, if there's room for an orcish badass.

Dashenka

I'll put down my name here for now :) WoW is good.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Krayz

Dashenka

When is the start? And when can we expect the character sheets and all?

Lira

Dashenka

I have put a character down. I do have a handful more should it be desired :D

Hemingway

Idalla2

I'm interested.  Just not sure if I want to rp a Draenei paladin, jungle troll witchdoctor, succubus or Night elf druid.

Siegfried

I'm interested as well.  Are you still accepting characters?

Krayz

@ Idalla2: Well, if you want to make a succubus, then you're more than welcome to make her for my warlock :D Any of the others are good too.

@Siegfried: Yeah, we're still accepting. Just go back through the topic and find the Character thread link.

Dashenka

I was thinking... A night elf druid is all nice but a tad boring.

Would it be okay if I would play an Ethereal?

Krayz

*goes to remind himself on what exactly an Ethereal is*

Eh.... with the understanding that you'd have to abstain from certain pleasures (they're creatures of energy; they're not going to have any kind of conventional sex drive), I'll give a hesitant yes. I'd far prefer if you could find something else that, while exotic, is a little less alien. But if you really want to go with this, then just find an excuse to have him working with the Horde or the Alliance (or maybe the Legion).

Biles

I'm hoping there'll be tentacle creatures that rape in the night :D
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Krayz

Unless you count draenei as 'tentacle creatures', no....

Idalla2

I posted my character sheet :) looking forward to role playing with you all!

Krayz

And the game is afoot!

Warcraft: Desperate Times

Feel free to begin posting; any character issues that haven't been worked out yet can be ignored, so long as they are worked out before they truly become an issue.

Most of all, have fun :D

Krayz

Hemingway

Dashenka

Quote from: Krayz on September 06, 2010, 11:58:58 AM
*goes to remind himself on what exactly an Ethereal is*

Eh.... with the understanding that you'd have to abstain from certain pleasures (they're creatures of energy; they're not going to have any kind of conventional sex drive), I'll give a hesitant yes. I'd far prefer if you could find something else that, while exotic, is a little less alien. But if you really want to go with this, then just find an excuse to have him working with the Horde or the Alliance (or maybe the Legion).

I was thinking a nice sensual female Ethereal pimp. Working for herself, offering alliance and horde prostitutes :D

But if you prefer I could just stick to the Druid

Krayz

It doesn't make much sense to have a random pimp along in the middle of a siege in an isolated, unpopulated region, Dashenka, lol.

Sorry, but the druid would make much more sense.

Zaer Darkwail

Who said ethereals make any sense sometimes with their business sense :P. For many centuries (at least in middle ages) armies had 'whore wagons' along their supply wagons (at least recall them being in use).

Dashenka

Hehe I knew it was a longshot :D

The druid it is then...

Krayz

So everyone knows, I'm going to be away for a few days; I'm going on a camping trip this weekend. I'll likely get a chance to check in one or two more times before I leave, but I won't be here for a little while after. Apologies for anyone I might be holding up.

I'm going to ask that no one does anything too plot-rending while I'm away; no killing major players, no obliterating the demonic siege in some overly-heroic ploy, etc. This game was created as an action-drama kind of situation (For anyone who has seen them, compare the first Starship Troopers movie to the second, minus the second being totally shitty). That's directed at you in particular, Hemingway xP

Zaer Darkwail

Well, here is quotes from PM thread what we had about my rolls (as they appeared to be done 6 hours before my post but I think it as timezone issue).

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:18:56 AM
I checked your rolls, and the time of the roll is 11PM, whereas the time of your post is 6AM or something. It might just be a difference between the time zones used.

Either way, if it's all the same to you, why don't we just roll three times each and whoever wins, wins? I don't expect either character to die anyway, and extended fights against players bore me and ruin my enjoyment of an RP.

As for going outside ... why does everyone insist he'll die? : )

In here I replied that this game is meant to be kinda sandbox situation in that everyone should stick inside keep and interact. But I asked he could talk to GM does his assault yield his death or be captured by legion and then continue RP there in that extend (torture information out of him, convert to legion's cause etc). I said it's plain impossible to defeat the numerous demon legions outside the keep with just one heroic guy and 5 warriors (a more chance if horde combine their forces together with alliance and then along with some cunning stragedy they could do some serious dmg). That most likely GM rules what happens and it's two options; capture or death (when consider logic behind the action as I understand none of us are not even near egual in 'power level' to faction leaders like Sylvanas, Thrall etc).

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:29:35 AM
Hmm.

I'm starting to think group RPs are just too much work. D ;

In here I said 'ofc they are, as you need coordinate and work plots with other writers/gamers in group story'. Also here asked does he want roll the result of the fight or want talk about it how it ends.

Quote from: Hemingway on September 10, 2010, 05:35:12 AM
Eh, I made my rolls, you can decide based on those. I don't think this is something I'm gonna continue with.

So the rolls were;
Me 7 vs 5 He
Me 5 vs 4 He
Me 5 vs 7 He

So, from two from three rounds I won and fourth I had decided to be 'closure' round. He haven't yet replied to my PM where I ask would he be okay I killed his char (or does he prefer be knocked out etc). But what I get from this he may want get out from the game as it sounds something what he was not expecting.