Minecraft users of 1.7.2/4 help?

Started by Xenphir, January 05, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Well I suppose I must be doing something wrong (Duh right?) because when I try to install mods, it doesn't work. Not sure how I got my BioSphere one to work, I remember having to do something funny but not exactly what that was :/  After fiddling with my Minecraft for about an hour, and Bing not helping, I decided to ask here.

I need to Install... want, to install the Legend of Notch reincarnation rpg mod for 1.6.4. What I do to achieve this:

Put the world required in my saves folder. That works fine as far as the map. I'm in the city and can walk around etc, but of course it's just the map, theres none of the special features for the mod.

That's where the actual Mod comes to play. So it tells me to drag it into my Minecraft.jar but the wiki clearly isn't updated as for 1.7.2 launcher, it is different. (I have half a mind to try and find the old launcher...)

I copy the 1.6.4 folder (I already selected it and played a bit of it before so it was already in my versions folder)
I renamed everything I'm supposed to, to 1.6.4-LoN. The .jar, the JSON, and the "1.6.4" in notepad in the JSON file. so everything is renamed as I see on youtube/bing to rename it.

I move the mod folders into the jar file using WinRAR and delete the META.INF file

Then I go to my launcher, I've tried both Edit and new profile, selected the 1.6.4-LoN version and click play. All good so far right? No. :/ My launcher closed for a very short second, and opened. More, it blinked away then back, and nothing happened. No crash report, no game. The launcher just closed and opened in a fraction of a second, doing nothing else.

Nadir

You need to down-grade more, that mod only works in 1.5.1

Xenphir

Ohhh see the site said 1.6.4 >.< I will try it with 1.5.1 and then tell ya if it works

Nadir

Xenphir

It worked! Thank you x.x I wish sites didn't say the wrong version/update >.< Lots of thanks from this elf <3

Nadir

Xenphir

P.s. Your picture, I like it xD Thanks yet again x.x See you around E :3

Nadir

MasterMischief

I have tried to install Minecraft Comes Alive for Little Llama (she is an addict) to no avail.  I have Forge and I tried setting Forge to use previous versions since MCA is only up to 1.6.4 I believe.  Do I need to uninstall Minecraft and install the earlier version or is Forge really supposed to let you run earlier versions?

Xenphir

Hmm I've never used forge before, so I cannot help you there :/ have you tried installing it without using forge and instead using the versions files and stuff?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nadir

MincraftDL doesn't have the creator's permission to rehost their works, the creator just runs a programme to lift threads from MineCraftForums and sticks a buttload of ads onto it. I would be doubtful that the mod is actually for 1.7

Llama, you need to install an older version of Forge, I think. The forge website should have all its old updates archived. It's been a while since I played with it, so I might be wrong.