Heroes and Servants (Anime Crossover/Sword Art Online Inspired Game)

Started by BruceTheCat, February 03, 2015, 09:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

That's true to. It's not some sure fire, now you can do it to! Kind of skill. The Sharingun may say what to do, but you still need to hone it. Good point Lilark.

Further, the Sharingun has other things beyond learning jutsu's and such. It can also be used as a powerful illusionary weapon.

BruceTheCat

I like what you mentioned about it having the ability to use various techniques that were collected over the years by Kakashi. That way I can keep it to the Naruto universe, but maybe pull out a interesting technique every so often that had never been seem thus far by way of the Sharingan.

There's really no good, balanced way to have Gene copy non-Naruto abilities. So I'll stick just with it being a sort of excuse to make up some cool new techniques.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Garuss Vakarian

Juggtacular

Servant – Spike Spiegel
Master – Moses Price

Select Your Servant: Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop

Select Your Servant's Powers: Spike has gained the abilities of Kyōsuke Hyōbu from Zettai Karen Children(Main Antagonist) &  The Unlimited - Hyōbu Kyōsuke(Protagonist). This has essentially turned him into an extremely powerful Esper with multiple psychic abilities.

Appearance/Style Description: Tall and thin in appearance, Spike has fluffy green hair and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial(right eye) and lighter than the other. He is usually dressed in a blue leisure suit, with a yellow shirt and Lupin III inspired boots. Spike smokes like a chimney, so it's not surprising to see a cancer stick in his mouth at any given time.

Personality:

Spike - One of the recurring themes surrounding Spike's character is how he views himself and his life. He claims that one eye - his right one, the prosthetic - can only see the present, and the other - the left, his real eye - can only see the past. Spike's attitude of living in a "dream-like" existence is displayed by his careless behavior and his nonchalant attitude towards dangerous or outright fatal situations. When he is not shown working or practicing martial arts, Spike is very laid back and lackadaisical, often a source of consternation for his friends and allies. Some members of the Bebop crew occasionally refer to him as a "lunkhead" due to his attitude, and generally Spike just takes life as it comes. He also is shown to enjoy sleeping, and that may tie into his mantra of 'living a dream.'

Spike's philosophy seems to be based on the ancient samurai ideals of immediacy, such as considering oneself as dead and the idea of death being an awakening from a dream, which are both elements of bushido illustrated in the Hagakure.

Moses - Moses is actually somewhat similar to his Servant, although there are a few key differences. Like Spike, Moses is a pretty mellow, calm, laid back individual. However he takes fighting and life vs death quite seriously. He likes being alive, so he'll do everything he can to stay that way. He's a very extroverted person and is often telling a joke or trying to make somebody laugh. Well not so much trying as just being himself. He's loyal to a fault, and if you gain his trust, you have his loyalty and friendship until you do something to change that. He's always been very analytical and has a habit of studying people, even the opponent during battle.

Master - History: Before the game, Moses was a star athlete who didn't quite fit in with the usual jock crowd. He liked anime and cartoons and stuff like that. Since getting stuck however, he's found a niche of sorts with all the people trapped along with him. Of course he wants to get out, but since the only way anyone can figure to do that is to beat the game, he's focusing on finding a strong party and trying to conquer the world. If he finds some sick loot along the way...bonus.

Current Situation: Moses and Spike split their time between fighting on the front lines and gathering wealth/supplies. They do this by farming of course, but also offering their services to guilds or adventurers needing help to get past certain points. It's worked pretty well and they have several small homes on lower levels. Their crowning glory is a seaside manor on level 35 that they won from a guy who claimed they couldn't take down a certain boss in under five minutes.

Servant - Weapons: Spike can manifest weapons from solidifying his Esper energy. He usually makes guns, but he's just as comfortable forming a blade or push broom staff. He can form these weapons out of any combination of his powers, so he could form a lightning sword with a spiral of flame around it for example.

Servant - Special Powers: Spike is a highly skilled and very powerful Esper who has a wide range of abilities due to Hyobu absorbing the abilities of his dead comrades. He can use most of them simultaneously and combine them which makes him a very versatile, unpredictable, and capable fighter. He possesses Psychokinesis, Electrokinesis, Teleportation, Psychometry, Pyrokinesis and Hypnosis. The level of strength and skill he displays with these powers classifies him as "Level 7", the most powerful classification an Esper can attain.

Psychokinesis: This is essentially a heightened form of telekinesis. When using his psychokinesis, Spike is enveloped in a dull green field of pure energy. With this ability he can launch vectors(invisible tendrils of energy), manipulate his opponent and the environment from a distance, and cause large scale destruction through pure force. His energy field also doubles as a force field to protect him from damage. If he focuses his energy into his blows, he can simulate super strength. He is also able to move around and fly at high speeds by manipulating his own body.

Electrokinesis: Spike can generate and manipulate incredible amounts of electricity, allowing him to shoot bolts of lightning, electrify areas, and even himself to cause damage to anyone who hits him. He can also absorb electricity from other sources, so he could drain a building to increase his own reserves, or absorb an electrical attack directed at him.

Pyrokinesis: Spike can generate, absorb, and manipulate flames so hot they can easily melt steel and other strong materials. He can create pillars of flame, throw fireballs, and even generate powerful explosions by causing combustion in oxygen molecules.

Psychometry: By simply touching an object, person or animal, Spike can read the immediate information available, such as name, age, height and occupation of a person as well as their physical and mental conditions. If touching an object, he can obtain remaining information and thoughts left by the person who has touched the object as well as information of the object itself.

Psycho Dive - This is a technique utilized by high level psychometry and telepath users, only psychometrist and telepaths of level 6 and 7 have been shown to be able to do this. This allows the user to explore the innermost of a person's memories, thoughts and feelings. This process can be reversed so the Esper's innermost feelings and thoughts can be accessible to the other person, but unless they're very comfortable that probably won't happen.

Dimensional Space Manipulation: By manipulating small portions of this dimension, Spike can teleport himself, others, and objects from one place to another instantly. He does this by connecting Point A and Point B, then tunneling through space-time to get from one to the other. He can do this so quickly he can create after-images of himself. Spike can also stop things in mid-teleport, leaving them trapped in a featureless void until he decides to recall them.

Quantum Cutter - Another use for his teleportation is as a weapon. For instance, he could cut someone in half by only teleporting their waist, leaving the rest of them behind. A more direct application of this is known as "Quantum Cutter". By focusing teleportational energy along the edge of a weapon, or even just his hand, he can create a quantum edge. And anything he hits will simply cease to exist in that space.

Hypnosis: After gaining eye contact, Spike can enter someones mind and create incredibly realistic illusions and images in a persons mind. These illusions are so real that if firmly established, once they are released from Spike's control, they believe anything that happened in the illusion to be the truth. He can even cause bodily harm as the illusions trick the the brain and body into believing all simulation is real.

Unlimited Mode: Many high level Espers have seemingly mundane items on their person that double as limiters. These limiters are devices meant to suppress the full extent of their power. Spike's is his tie. When he removes the tie from around his neck, his limiter deactivates and he can boost to his unlimited mode, which releases his full power. This ability only lasts for a limited time before he must reactivate his limiter. When activated, Spike's energy aura becomes a brilliant jade color with shades of red matching his eyes flaring up throughout.

Octet Boost: In this mode, Spike combines  all of his abilities forces to create Octet Boost which causes seven energy wings to manifest behind him and creates the one of the strongest powers in ZKC universe. This is a one-hit kill attack, and is so powerful that anything in it's path will be reduced to nothingness. After using this, Spike can maintain Octet Boost power levels for a short while, but can not use Octet Boost itself(the attack) again for quite some time.

Servant - Strengths:

Impossible Luck - There is no real explanation for this, but Spike is so damn lucky that no matter how bad the situation seems to be, he somehow finds a way to not only survive, but to come out on top. This seems to be a combination of the actual concept of luck and Spike's ability to read his opponent from their combat style to how they think and act.

Jeet Kune Do - Jeet Kun Do exists as not only an ever evolving and highly customizable fighting style, but a way of life. Spike has been practicing it nearly all his life and has developed a style focused around sleight of hand, misdirection, letting his opponents tire themselves out and using his opponents momentum against them. He also likes to incorporate a lot of throws and kicks(based off Savate). "Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. That water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee.   It's this quote that Spike lives by, understanding that he needs to be adaptable in any situation to be able to overcome it.

Cooking - Spike has been a bachelor and alone for most of his life. And being poor a good majority of it he couldn't afford to eat out all the time, so he's spent almost all of his time cooking to keep himself fed. As a result he's a very skilled and creative self taught chef.

Smart - While not a genius, Spike is incredibly sharp and smart witted. As noted by his best friend Jet Black, if he planned ahead instead of just thinking in the moment, he'd be pretty much unstoppable.

Servant - Weaknesses:

Limiter - Due to a combination of Esper abilities and the strength of them all, Spike's limiter is extremely important. It keeps his power in check. If Spike were to have his Limiter forcibly removed, or if he stayed in Unlimited Mode too long, not only would he run the risk of going berserk, but he'd damage himself from the sheer overload of power as well.

Loyalty - Spike doesn't see it this way, but when he finds people he actually cares about, he will put himself in the line of fire to help them with absolutely no hesitation. He'll probably moan and groan about it incessantly, but he'd readily take a massive attack for a friend if it meant they could keep fighting on.

Lackadaisical - Spike is...well he's pretty damn lazy. It's very hard for him to get motivated(aside from friends or money), so he often just sits around all day doing nothing. It's to the point that his own lethargy seems infectious sometimes and others will either ask him why he's like he is, or will catch the lazy bug themselves.

Lecherous - He loves the ladies. He'll chase a skirt from one level to the next. It's a big problem that he can't seem to solve. The good side though is that he actually is pretty damn charming...so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Garuss Vakarian

:o Spike? Thats a good choice! Though I think the select your servents powers part specifically below select your servent needs to be a bit more explained. Reading it it sounds like he got two different powers from two specific characters combined. Rather then a specific character. Or power thats more open. (ie: Alchemy. Any one can use it, it's just unique in how it is used.)

I only point this out since I dont think we are allowed to combine the powers of two characters. And though it seems they are both phsychic, wouldnt it just be better to say he is an esper?

Juggtacular

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on February 08, 2015, 12:32:52 PM
:o Spike? Thats a good choice! Though I think the select your servents powers part specifically below select your servent needs to be a bit more explained. Reading it it sounds like he got the powers of two specific characters.

The guy who's powers he's using(Kosuke Hyobu) is the main antagonist of the original series Zettai Karen Children,  and the main protagonist of the spin off, The Unlimited: Hyobu Kyosuke. I just mentioned he was in both in different roles.

And yeah, Spikes pretty awesome.

Garuss Vakarian

Oh so it's exactly the same between the two? That makes sense. Just to be sure you know, I was not trying to burst your bubble, I simply needed a bit of insight. Thanks ^^ .

Juggtacular

Exact same guy. He's just a villain in one and seen as the good guy in the spin off that follows his life and struggles.

Garuss Vakarian

Oh.... I think I shoulda clued in on that since the second name was the same but with the first and surnames switched. Was that a typo on your part or doese the anime make that intentional switch? (Edit: What I mean is you said Kyōsuke Hyōbu and then Hyōbu Kyōsuke. And that confused me.)  I was only confused since sometimes I read japanese names like the parents in charlie brown. Wha wa wa wa wa. :P Glazing over it as a series of letters. Especialy if I am familiar with the character. If I know the person is Naruto Uzamaki I am not going to read through the sudden switch in pronounciation. I know it's dumb, sorry.

Juggtacular

It was intentional on their part it seems. No idea why they switched it around but the second one is the title of the anime so they probably thought it sounded better that way.

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000