NoVA "A Pathfinder Game"

Started by ulthakptah, January 14, 2012, 10:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Nicci how good is your characters resistance to enchantments? (warms up a lesser geas, DC 22+)  ;D

I can make changes though its easy enough just want to know what to do with my character thats all, but seems to me the character with the most leadership and therefore crew rank and file would be in charge. That is not Nicci's character. Flashing guns will not give a loyal crew and my people would work for alot less that hiring everyone at cost at least the skilled people to oversee the grunts.

ulthakptah

How big of a ship does y'all think you're getting? The crew consists of the other players. Not a big ship.

Keelan

Quote from: ulthakptah on January 16, 2012, 09:53:51 PM
How big of a ship does y'all think you're getting? The crew consists of the other players. Not a big ship.
Yeah, that changes our options a bit >.>

ShadowFox89

About how many players are you looking to recruit?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

That leaves us open for charter work. :D

Gary Stargazer

No offense but the whole "derp pirates!" thing is a bit over played in my opinion, I mean I like a good rape and pillage don't get me wrong, but a change of pace isn't so bad.

Also no offense Nicci but your char has like no diplomacy, next to no intimidate, a low perception, and a relatively low cha compared to some other chars. Slapping a pirate outfit on a gunslinger doesn't really make a char a good captain, if anything she looks like she is built more as a marine/boarding party with the high climb skill and acrobatics.
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on January 16, 2012, 10:18:59 PM
No offense but the whole "derp pirates!" thing is a bit over played in my opinion, I mean I like a good rape and pillage don't get me wrong, but a change of pace isn't so bad.

Also no offense Nicci but your char has like no diplomacy, next to no intimidate, a low perception, and a relatively low cha compared to some other chars. Slapping a pirate outfit on a gunslinger doesn't really make a char a good captain, if anything she looks like she is built more as a marine/boarding party with the high climb skill and acrobatics.

I have +13 in bluff, +14 in profession captain, and +10 know engineering.

Also you are making the mistake of assuming that she should be a good captain in the first place. Half the fun is following a over enthusiastic girl with no with prior experience and with guns into trouble and more trouble and extra loots!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Gary Stargazer

Well you didn't actually list "Captain" on your profession. Also in my opinion a captain is going to need a decent amount of diplomacy and intimidate, probably more so than bluff. Only way I could see bluff coming into place if with your scenario you propose is if she is constantly bluffing her way into keeping her position when the rest of the crew questions her abilities.

Also if you're going to be captain I think you may want to at least consider the "leadership" feat. I understand you may want to do the whole following a char that doesn't know what she is doing idea but these are 8th level chars. That type of scenario seems highly unlikely...

ShadowFox89

Gary, Ulth has already said that the ship we'll have would be small enough that the PCs alone would be able to crew it. Leadership is a wasted feat.

The Captain doesn't need to be the most charismatic person on the ship. Rather, they should be the one that all the other players have voted to be in charge of taking jobs, handing out orders in emergencies, and signing our paychecks. I would suggest holding off on deciding who is Captain until everyone has their characters finished. Then, we can take it up to a vote, with the person who came in second becoming the ship's First Mate.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Leadership feat is for NPCs, not PCs, so in this case it is quite irrelevant. I put more points into intimidate anyway, so happy now?

Starting to have a mutiny on my hands...>.>

Callie Del Noire

Still, not all of us want to do the pirate thing..and we still don't know who will make the cut. :D

ShadowFox89

Don't make me spike the gumbo with aphrodisiacs..... It upsets the balance of flavor!

I would suggest Mercenaries more than Pirates. Get a charter from a major nation.

Also, the captain should read this: http://schlockmercenary.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seventy_Maxims_of_Maximally_Effective_Mercenaries
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ulthakptah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 16, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
Gary, Ulth has already said that the ship we'll have would be small enough that the PCs alone would be able to crew it. Leadership is a wasted feat.

The Captain doesn't need to be the most charismatic person on the ship. Rather, they should be the one that all the other players have voted to be in charge of taking jobs, handing out orders in emergencies, and signing our paychecks. I would suggest holding off on deciding who is Captain until everyone has their characters finished. Then, we can take it up to a vote, with the person who came in second becoming the ship's First Mate.
Thank you for paying attention to me, now I don't have to reply to that myself

In this game the captain is the captain because they own a boat. Much how most CEOs are CEOs because they own the company. While they might not be any good at leading or anything, people will still work for them just to have jobs.

As for who is captain, much as to who gets to play in the game, I decide. There is no democracy in here.

Gary Stargazer

Here is my char sheet, I've purchased nothing because I've not been told starting gold. The only thing that may be thrown into question is I took the liberty of adding to knowledge geography since it's a sky pirate themed game and it seemed odd to not have it favored as a navigator. If you thumb down that GM I will tweak it accordingly.

Other than that I just need to know starting gold and what we are limited to purchase. Made my dice rolls with my physical dice in r/l but if you insist on die rolls via a website i can just re-roll and tweak accordingly.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10054

NicciKotor

Also instead of a innocent new girl at the job, I could play as her:

Nice sexy captain to be all nice and sultry for any customers while still getting plenty of combat prowess.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on January 16, 2012, 11:14:50 PM
Here is my char sheet, I've purchased nothing because I've not been told starting gold. The only thing that may be thrown into question is I took the liberty of adding to knowledge geography since it's a sky pirate themed game and it seemed odd to not have it favored as a navigator. If you thumb down that GM I will tweak it accordingly.

Other than that I just need to know starting gold and what we are limited to purchase. Made my dice rolls with my physical dice in r/l but if you insist on die rolls via a website i can just re-roll and tweak accordingly.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10054

It is in the srd at 33,000 gp.

Gary Stargazer

QuoteIt is in the srd at 33,000 gp.

Didn't see that, still getting used to the pathfinder website. Regardless I would still like to get GM approval on what is what before I just start buying magic items and such.

Amethyst Dreams

Quote from: Amethyst Dreams on January 16, 2012, 02:58:34 AM
I'll offer Eijin Farseeker.  I haven't pictured him in any particular role at the moment, save for being warrior in exile.
Dice rolls generated by E's Dice bot were 17, 17, 13, 14, 15, 14.

Arranged as STR 17 (+1 at level 4), DEX 17 (+1 at level 8), CON 14, INT 14 (+2 racial bonus), CHA 15

Just doing a quick check with the GM to see if the standard horse mount can be replaced with a Roc (Bestiary 236) seeing as how the samurai's mount is considered a druid animal companion, and given that there is likely to be a fair deal of 'air' time! (also being a Ronin, he's anything but a standard samurai!)
Just as a repost, I'm still checking to see if the above character as well as mount request are viable for this game.
                                                                                                    A/A Update (16/4)

ShadowFox89

My elf is going to need to have a 'No captain in the kitchen' rule if he's to get any actual cooking done....

Quote from: ulthakptah on January 16, 2012, 11:12:25 PM
Thank you for paying attention to me, now I don't have to reply to that myself

In this game the captain is the captain because they own a boat. Much how most CEOs are CEOs because they own the company. While they might not be any good at leading or anything, people will still work for them just to have jobs.

As for who is captain, much as to who gets to play in the game, I decide. There is no democracy in here.

I find that not paying attention to the guy running the game will end badly.

Sounds fine for me with you picking the captain. Saves a lot of fuss from everyone.

One major question- What is our starting gold? Standard for 8th level?

One minor question- What would be the craft skill for making various non-magical elixers? Herbalism? Just so my elf can craft things like aphrodisiacs, remedies for illness, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on January 16, 2012, 11:19:29 PM
Didn't see that, still getting used to the pathfinder website. Regardless I would still like to get GM approval on what is what before I just start buying magic items and such.

It's 33,000 gp.

Gary Stargazer

QuoteIt's 33,000 gp.
Yes... I know that. I saw it the first time you posted it, thank you.
Again, he hasn't placed any stipulations on what to buy, we don't even really know what tech level we are working with yet.
Are we purchasing early fire arms or advanced ones. Are there limits on what kind of magical items we can purchase etc? I'm not going to assume it's ok and just buy stuff all willy nilly when the GM hasn't mentioned what is acceptable.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I just would prefer to get a confirmation from him before I go over his head buying things. (unless he mentioned it already and I just over looked it, goes back a few pages to look.)

ulthakptah

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on January 16, 2012, 11:19:29 PM
Standard staring wealth for 8th level pathfinder is 33,000 gp and is what we will be using.
Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 16, 2012, 11:22:01 PM
My elf is going to need to have a 'No captain in the kitchen' rule if he's to get any actual cooking done....

I find that not paying attention to the guy running the game will end badly.

Sounds fine for me with you picking the captain. Saves a lot of fuss from everyone.

One major question- What is our starting gold? Standard for 8th level?

One minor question- What would be the craft skill for making various non-magical elixers? Herbalism? Just so my elf can craft things like aphrodisiacs, remedies for illness, etc.
Craft alchemy is used for making not magical elixers
Quote from: Amethyst Dreams on January 16, 2012, 11:21:27 PM
Just as a repost, I'm still checking to see if the above character as well as mount request are viable for this game.
sure

ulthakptah

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on January 16, 2012, 11:32:06 PM
Yes... I know that. I saw it the first time you posted it, thank you.
Again, he hasn't placed any stipulations on what to buy, we don't even really know what tech level we are working with yet.
Are we purchasing early fire arms or advanced ones. Are there limits on what kind of magical items we can purchase etc? I'm not going to assume it's ok and just buy stuff all willy nilly when the GM hasn't mentioned what is acceptable.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I just would prefer to get a confirmation from him before I go over his head buying things. (unless he mentioned it already and I just over looked it, goes back a few pages to look.)

Firearms are advanced, common, and I don't have any limits of items from pazio on the srd, and haven't looked through all the 3rd party items so I reserve the right to say no to stupid things that 3rd party companies make.

Gary Stargazer

Thank you, and again sorry for the trouble. I just wanted to make sure.

ShadowFox89

Sounds good. I should be able to get a character finished soon then.

Do we have a set setting, or are we doing 'players fill in the gaps' as a start? What powers the airship? Magic or does it float with a massive bag of gas?

edit: My character lives for this maxim :P

14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Call me Shadow
My A/A