[Shadowlight] D&D 5E Twin Campaigns - Opposing Parties - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, January 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 30, 2017, 06:40:15 AM
still writing answers to your giant questionnaire.  I was hoping to be done by now, but I went out for a run waddle, so I guess you'll have it in the 'morning' (what I call dinner).
Dinner at 2pm is bad mmmk. :P

Also yay Aribeth and Kathyan, welcome back!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Chulanowa

Wispyr

Quote from: Lockepick on January 30, 2017, 01:24:12 PM
Is there a set date for when applications/concepts are due?
Not yet. There's still enough newness here and building interest that I'm content to leave submission open for a bit. As soon as things slow down and I've got a handle on more or less what route I'm going to take, I'll announce a final submission day.

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 30, 2017, 01:25:45 PM
I'm working on it, don't rush me!
Rush?! No never! We just wanted to hear from you! ::)

Phaia

I am working on a concept for a white hat, mafia princess [ie from the thieve's guild] that wants a better life -Rogue-arcance trickster 4/ wizard 1
Did I mention she would be a half elf?

Phaia

Wispyr

Quote from: Phaia on January 30, 2017, 02:01:33 PM
I am working on a concept for a white hat, mafia princess [ie from the thieve's guild] that wants a better life -Rogue-arcance trickster 4/ wizard 1

Phaia
Oooh. Arcane Tricksters are fun! Can't wait to see her!

Alrighty... I've got 2 hours before I need to prep for D&D at the table and travel. So... I'm going to work on PMs first. The location detail list may just have to wait until I'm home.

greenknight

Looking to play this gentleman as an eldritch knight, white hat or black. I'm also looking to have him linked to another PC at the beginning, dragged along with minimal arm twisting by her. If played black, there's a strong potential he's not as into Azzir's scheme as he is her; either her strung-along partner or to keep her out of too much trouble.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Wispyr

Quote from: greenknight on January 30, 2017, 02:37:55 PM
Looking to play this gentleman as an eldritch knight, white hat or black. I'm also looking to have him linked to another PC at the beginning, dragged along with minimal arm twisting by her. If played black, there's a strong potential he's not as into Azzir's scheme as he is her; either her strung-along partner or to keep her out of too much trouble.
Not that I'm opposed to pre-game ties between characters, but it is my intent to keep these at an absolute minimum. Can be approved case-by-case if there's interest and I can make it flow with the general themes moving forward.

Wispyr

In other news I am not going to finish these PMs - not even close - before I have to leave. Will try to do some on the road. Will be typing from my phone though, so I apologize if incoming replies are a bit messy.

That said these concepts so far look awesome pretty much all around. Thanks folks! This campaign is gonna be great.

Phaia

I am wondering how we are set for arcane type magic. I can go a full 5 levels as arcane trickster which only gives her 4 spells or drop a level into wizard and add 6 more spells [most would be rituals] and 3 more cantrips. I am leaning toward the wizard dip but it is not required for the concept. So far it looks like we have a lot of divine casters and only one part socerer and a couple of bards.
I am not so wedded to the rogue4/wizard 1 split that I cannot switch them!

Phaia

Wispyr

Quote from: Phaia on January 30, 2017, 03:20:12 PM
I am wondering how we are set for arcane type magic. I can go a full 5 levels as arcane trickster which only gives her 4 spells or drop a level into wizard and add 6 more spells [most would be rituals] and 3 more cantrips. I am leaning toward the wizard dip but it is not required for the concept. So far it looks like we have a lot of divine casters and only one part socerer and a couple of bards.
I am not so wedded to the rogue4/wizard 1 split that I cannot switch them!
Our overall arcane caster pool is, right now, to my knowledge, fairly dry. I know Rummy was talking about a warlock. I think someone mentioned a wizard somewhere along the line, but I can't recall who. So more casting certainly wouldn't hurt, but we've also got some bards that'll be tossing around spells - also, I lie. RedPhoenix's Bard/Sorc is our primary arcane caster right now. So there's certainly room, but totally up to you. I'll design encounters around what people want to play.

CeruleanSerenity

I'll probably be going with the concept I posted earlier, so right now I'm trying to find a picture... I'm always way too picky about that, but I'll manage it sooner or later.

Do we have a lot of divine casters? I was planning to play a cleric, but my concept is pretty flexible as far as class goes so far.

Rummy Tum Tum

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on January 30, 2017, 03:26:04 PM
Our overall arcane caster pool is, right now, to my knowledge, fairly dry. I know Rummy was talking about a warlock. I think someone mentioned a wizard somewhere along the line, but I can't recall who. So more casting certainly wouldn't hurt, but we've also got some bards that'll be tossing around spells - also, I lie. RedPhoenix's Bard/Sorc is our primary arcane caster right now. So there's certainly room, but totally up to you. I'll design encounters around what people want to play.

Paladin with just enough Warlock to cause people to run screaming (vague utility stuff).

Hobbes1266

Phaia

Quote from: Wispyr on January 30, 2017, 03:26:04 PM

I can make the switch to wizard 4 but lose a lot of skills doing so. It does help with magic. I saw RedPhoenix's Bard/Sorc combo and it gives limited spells but nice spell slots up to 3rd level. hmmmm
I think going with rogue 4/wizard1 and then taking then next few levels as a wizard would be workable. gives a nice boost on the number of usable spells and taking several rituals adds extra help when needed.

I am open though to what others see as a need as I build my concept!

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

One my concepts is pure figther and other is bard 4/paladin 1 char (so 'touch' of divine but more a bardic caster in start).

Wispyr

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on January 30, 2017, 03:33:41 PM
Do we have a lot of divine casters? I was planning to play a cleric, but my concept is pretty flexible as far as class goes so far.
We've got a couple of paladin concepts floating around but only one other cleric one that I've heard about so far and that's for a black hat, so I think you're in the clear if you're looking to run that.

Phaia

@wispyr- Are you okay with some small world building as part of the background. I was going to expand on a family that is part of Eodin thieves' guild and basically make the city wide guild run by 3-4 families...like the mafia in ways. Of course the families do not always get along!

Phaia

Kathyan

I threw in a tiefling shadow dancer concept for black hat and a charlatan halfelf GOO tome warlock for white hat, I still have to deepen them but I've been slightly busy trying to catch up with work since friday :P

Wispyr

Quote from: Phaia on January 30, 2017, 03:56:28 PM
@wispyr- Are you okay with some small world building as part of the background. I was going to expand on a family that is part of Eodin thieves' guild and basically make the city wide guild run by 3-4 families...like the mafia in ways. Of course the families do not always get along!

Phaia
Small world building is absolutely fine. I'll either work what you've created into the setting or present you with some options to make it fit with what's going on. That said if you're going for that feel then you will probably not want to look at Eodin specifically but a town inside of... oooorrrrrr look at Cyliac which is actually a gang controlled city, that is run by a couple of different factions. Of which I can give you details on if you'd like to run with something you come up with we'll figure it out.

Long story short everyone should feel comforting ADDING to the world, in 99% of cases I'll work with you to make it fit.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on January 30, 2017, 04:00:24 PM

Long story short everyone should feel comforting ADDING to the world, in 99% of cases I'll work with you to make it fit.

I'm going to add a large community of grey beads who worship dragons and use their souls to power ancient magics.

That are not from Skyrim at all.

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 30, 2017, 04:03:29 PM
I'm going to add a large community of grey beads who worship dragons and use their souls to power ancient magics.

That are not from Skyrim at all.
Congrats! You ARE the 1%!!!

shmone else

I sent in a draft of my Black Hat Paladin/Sorcerer, with some questions for Wispyr before I finish nailing down all the character aspects. And my obsessive need to find the perfect character picture, of course.