New Router Help?

Started by GnothiSeauton, June 13, 2015, 06:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

First and foremost I suck at technology.

I got a new router today to replace my old one.  The old one was working, but was old and having issues with stability when concerning connections.

Pulled the router out of the box. Hooked up the cable to it. Hooked up the power cord to it. Came in and everything. Connected my computer to it, put in the password and everything. According to the guide, that's all I had to do...

Except I can't connect to  the internet. Wirelessly or through the ethernet. Says limited. I hit the diagnostic thing from my windows 8 and it said "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". Chrome is telling me connection refused. Connected it through the IP address and was immediately lost.

Any tips or tricks to get it working?  Waiting to hear back from Comcast.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

Hubs says it may be a Comcast thing, that they may be tying the MAC address of the router to your service.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

The issue has been resolved. After waiting for Comcast to call all night, it is finally working after they sent a signal to it and was manually authorized via their website.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories