Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: schnookums on April 18, 2015, 05:45:40 PM
Is the Chaos Monk *really* supposed to receive the bonus to their flailing strike roll for extra attacks? Getting like 15 extra attacks in a round is insane.

Yet more spawn hit dice is too  op to allow =P. However in defense of that many attacks DR is going to fuck a chaos monk pretty hard.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Pockets

For perusal and approval. Failing this, I have other options.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=160093

EDIT: If I had a little bit more of a budget, Gornash would have had more bells and whistles. But considering he stays in his Hybrid form pretty much all the time, one hit from either weapon would be enough to seriously harm just about anything.
08/02 - New A/A Update

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 05:54:29 PM
For perusal and approval. Failing this, I have other options.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=160093

EDIT: If I had a little bit more of a budget, Gornash would have had more bells and whistles. But considering he stays in his Hybrid form pretty much all the time, one hit from either weapon would be enough to seriously harm just about anything.

He sounds like a big strong boy, hmm I wonder how he would look with a saddle on. . .

Pockets

If it would have been possible I would have probably given him a couple levels of Frenzied Berzerker to make him even nastier. But alas not enough levels.

That being said, it might be interesting to do a Master Blaster Build.
He's an engine of destruction, so I just have to find some kind of motivation besides him being a walking disaster.
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 06:08:12 PM
If it would have been possible I would have probably given him a couple levels of Frenzied Berzerker to make him even nastier. But alas not enough levels.

That being said, it might be interesting to do a Master Blaster Build.
He's an engine of destruction, so I just have to find some kind of motivation besides him being a walking disaster.

Says who? being a walking (and flying and swimming) unnatural disaster is literally the entire summary of my character, and it's working out great so far. ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, Lolt-touched template on a half-ogre? I mentioned in PM that only spiders, arachnid creatures (like driders) or drow can acquire that template and even then when they are chaotic evil in alignment (the CE is requirement for template and so are the races as it's Lolth related template). However we could allow that template for some CN deity which favors war/destruction.

Also I see you got some Warhulker stats still; no time to think and so on.

Pockets

Well the template said that it was an acquired template 'that can be added to any non-good, non-lawful, corporeal living creature'. If you rule that it can only be applied to spiders, arachnid creatures, and/or Drow. And I missed the Alignment change, meant to do that.

Yeah, I know that with the No Time to Think, Int, Wis, and Cha based skills are treated as having no skills. As we're doing gestalt, I had no idea how to apply that while having a caster class I need to hold with.

And depending on your outlook, the character could be used by any God who might want to cleanse a nation or a city. I have no idea how to calculate the reach of a size large creature wielding size Huge weapons. But I'm fairly confident that he could clean out most cities with relative ease.

He could be the proverbial landbased Kraken or the Hound of War.
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

Weapon size doesn't change your reach, so if he's Large, he would have a 10ft. reach. With his stats, he's going to clear a city the way anyone else does - one person at a time.

Pockets

Actually, 3 at a time. Mighty Swing allows him to attack three squares at his highest attack as a standard action. Not counting spells.
08/02 - New A/A Update

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 06:55:10 PM
Well the template said that it was an acquired template 'that can be added to any non-good, non-lawful, corporeal living creature'. If you rule that it can only be applied to spiders, arachnid creatures, and/or Drow. And I missed the Alignment change, meant to do that.

Yeah, I know that with the No Time to Think, Int, Wis, and Cha based skills are treated as having no skills. As we're doing gestalt, I had no idea how to apply that while having a caster class I need to hold with.

And depending on your outlook, the character could be used by any God who might want to cleanse a nation or a city. I have no idea how to calculate the reach of a size large creature wielding size Huge weapons. But I'm fairly confident that he could clean out most cities with relative ease.

He could be the proverbial landbased Kraken or the Hound of War.

If i knew you and we were compatible id offer to let you be my muscle bound slave. Such characters work great for those sort of things. As it is you can have your follower be "pulling the strings" or you could still find another more maniuplative type to team up with among the other players anyway. . . . I wonder if you would make good breeding material for my cattle. . .

Pockets

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 18, 2015, 07:12:42 PM
I wonder if you would make good breeding material for my cattle. . .

Only if you want them ripped limb from limb. You might need to slap a ring of Regeneration on them a day or two in advance of said experience. And probably find a way to get them fast healing too.
08/02 - New A/A Update

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 07:18:47 PM
Only if you want them ripped limb from limb. You might need to slap a ring of Regeneration on them a day or two in advance of said experience. And probably find a way to get them fast healing too.

You think I let my cattle breed freely among themselves?  We aim to make each generation bigger, stronger, better, and more fertile. The men who are deemed worthy of being bred and taken and their seed harvested by hand to be then put into a chosen female who's family line has the traits we desire to add.

Pockets

I doubt he'd consider such a thing. No fun in it for him.
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

If you're looking for someone to play a Blaster for your Master, World-Scour is Huge (thus a valid mount for a Large character), and probably even more of a single-minded engine of destruction than Gornash.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 18, 2015, 07:36:58 PM
If you're looking for someone to play a Blaster for your Master, World-Scour is Huge (thus a valid mount for a Large character), and probably even more of a single-minded engine of destruction than Gornash.

It took me a moment to realize you were probably talking to *me* and not Gornash. I kept thinking "Thats more blaster, bigger blaster. I guess it works but it's the sort of thing Id expect from warhammer 40k Orks."

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 18, 2015, 07:41:07 PM
It took me a moment to realize you were probably talking to *me* and not Gornash. I kept thinking "Thats more blaster, bigger blaster. I guess it works but it's the sort of thing Id expect from warhammer 40k Orks."

Nah, I was talking to Pockets actually. And yeah, it's more like his Blaster is a Master relative to my even Blaster-ier Blaster. If that makes any sense at all.

His INT score is higher, at least.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 18, 2015, 07:43:55 PM
Nah, I was talking to Pockets actually. And yeah, it's more like his Blaster is a Master relative to my even Blaster-ier Blaster. If that makes any sense at all.

His INT score is higher, at least.

First instincts are correct.

Pockets

I'm considering dropping Extra Edge for Extra Spell. But choosing the spell is the hard part since I had access to literally every spell list in the game. It just has to be a 5th level spell or lower.

Was considering Righteous Might for the size and strength increase.
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

I'd look to shoring up your defenses personally - there is a point where EVEN MORE attack/damage is overkill. When everyone is playing rocket tag, sometimes AMS is better than getting a bigger rocket.

Figure out what can take you down/immobilize you, then pick a spell that can counter it.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 07:49:12 PM
I'm considering dropping Extra Edge for Extra Spell. But choosing the spell is the hard part since I had access to literally every spell list in the game. It just has to be a 5th level spell or lower.

Was considering Righteous Might for the size and strength increase.

Not a bad choice, but why not get one you can use to cover one of the things you're not so good at? Charm Monster, Mass Suggestion, Invisability, Improved Invisability, Teleport, Polymorph, Anyspell, Surge of Fortune, Wall of Stone, Commune with Nature, Prying Eyes.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, warmage lacks versatility so extra spell should be critical for that. Polymorph is good as according complete mage and complete arcana polymorph and similar spells allow access to extraordinary stuff of taken form (but in return loose anything extraordinary from normal form and not able cast spells unless given form can cast them).

Kunoichi

Quote from: Pockets on April 18, 2015, 06:55:10 PM

Well, on the bright side, Concentration is a Constitution-based skill, and spellcasting isn't a skill at all. ;D

As for your backstory...  Hmm.  Well, you're an enormous chaotic evil bear monster with truly insane levels of strength, so dipping into Norse mythology could be fitting.  A berserker, for example.

QuoteThis fury, which was called berserkergang, occurred not only in the heat of battle, but also during laborious work. Men who were thus seized performed things which otherwise seemed impossible for human power. This condition is said to have begun with shivering, chattering of the teeth, and chill in the body, and then the face swelled and changed its colour. With this was connected a great hot-headedness, which at last gave over into a great rage, under which they howled as wild animals, bit the edge of their shields, and cut down everything they met without discriminating between friend or foe. When this condition ceased, a great dulling of the mind and feebleness followed, which could last for one or several days.

It looks like you've got the Barbarian levels to go with it already. ^^

PaleEnchantress

Just for kicks, what would be a good choice with this system for recreating His Majesty The Queen

Kunoichi

You mean Na'Amah the Bitch Queen?  Hmm...

Well, at ECL 18, the original Radiant Idol race probably wouldn't work out very well, for starters.  Some other variety of fallen angel with the Fiend of Blasphemy prestige class could work, though.  You could be a Movanic Deva like CeruleanSerenity's character, or more specifically a Fallen Movanic Deva, and with 6 HD and CR 9, you'd have room for +3 in LA to apply appropriate templates.

I'm thinking Unseelie Fey, followed by an evil version of the Saint template, would probably be the most fitting template combination.

I'm also thinking the Despot variant Paladin from Dragon #312 would make for an interesting and flavorful option for either your martial or mystical paths, since Fiend of Blasphemy probably wouldn't be as useful an option in this game.  And you could easily make either a Charisma- or Wisdom-based character with this, as well, depending on your feat choices...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 19, 2015, 04:11:44 AM
You mean Na'Amah the Bitch Queen?  Hmm...

Well, at ECL 18, the original Radiant Idol race probably wouldn't work out very well, for starters.  Some other variety of fallen angel with the Fiend of Blasphemy prestige class could work, though.  You could be a Movanic Deva like CeruleanSerenity's character, or more specifically a Fallen Movanic Deva, and with 6 HD and CR 9, you'd have room for +3 in LA to apply appropriate templates.

I'm thinking Unseelie Fey, followed by an evil version of the Saint template, would probably be the most fitting template combination.

I'm also thinking the Despot variant Paladin from Dragon #312 would make for an interesting and flavorful option for either your martial or mystical paths, since Fiend of Blasphemy probably wouldn't be as useful an option in this game.  And you could easily make either a Charisma- or Wisdom-based character with this, as well, depending on your feat choices...

That is a fun character, but I actually meant Agrat'Bat'Mahlaht the hive queen. Nice idea about unseelie fey and saing though!