DnD Online - Interest Check

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 18, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, here is the link for the game's OOC section which first page has links for IC and charsheet sections. Phef, it took longer type history and religion stuff in opening post and design you guys your first CR 1 encounter which you can run over at weekend :P. I do make occasional posts and pull random events but weekend phase is meant for bit freeform and RP'ing mostly (but there is system encounter what you can run and get first XP rewards). Weekend is meant for fun and RP while folks finish sheets or late comers jump in before game goes full steam (as weekends are sanctioned to my WoW addiction anyways :P).

The first area is tutorial one so for our folks who want play seductress or such can find a NPC who provides 'sexual' option to complete a mission (I will run it once player posts and goes search it).

Zaer Darkwail

*poke*

There were more folks into this and they haven't send me PM's....

Pretty in Pink

I'm working on it.

I'm just trying to make sure I get the backstory written up properly to qualify for Beta Tester.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Zaer Darkwail

Just don't spend weeks on it dear :P. I can off hand tell does it qualify or do you need write more.

*secretly fears a novel sized text slam to PM inbox*

steelsmiter

Alright, back from my medical leave. Hope it wasn't an inconvenience. Are there any threads up other than OOC?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Zaer Darkwail

There is charsheet section and IC section where are posts in already.

Pretty in Pink

Name: Aliya Montcalm
Nationality: United States
City/Province: Peoria, Arizona
Social Status: Employed, Unmarried
Personality
Aliya's normally a very quiet and soft-spoken young woman.  This is not because she doesn't get along with people, in fact quite the opposite, in spite of her geekiness.  Yes, she got picked on growing up, but this just made her a kinder hearted individual.  She looks out for those that need it, whether because they're younger, or because they're just as nerdy as she was in school.

Along with the attention to those 'weaker' than she is, comes a natural inquisitiveness about people in general.  Whether it's people she meets in rel life, or people she's adventuring with in game, she likes to know about those closest to her, even to the point of seeming like she's prying into people's personal lives or backstories.
Background
Aliya's parents were both gamers of various games, and in fact admit that Aliya's conception was the result of an... extension of a LARP session with a group of friends that was carried on into private settings.  They introduced her to roleplaying games at an early age, taking her along to events once she was old enough to understand what was going on.  So her early childhood was spent playing this person's child or this NPCs baby sister.  She threw herself into each role with particular gusto, especially for a child her age.  This was only supplemented by the fact that her parents did everything they could to get her an exposure to theatre and the acting arts.

This continued through her school years, where she joined every single drama club and school play or production she could.  Several times she beat out other students that had better looks, that didn't look quite so nerdy, but that didn't have quite the repertoire of personality archetypes that Aliya did.  This of course led to some questions about disociative (sp?) personality disorder, but no tests were ever done, because her parents knew it was simply a part of how she had grown up early on.

Middle school is where things really began to pick up for her.  When she was in seventh grade, she started a small after-school club for gamers, and children of gamers.  Within the first three months, it turned into a regular meetup for discussion of new games and editions that were coming out, and then a large group game, revolving from week to week through Dungeons and Dragons, Exalted, White Wolf, and other such tabletop RPGs.  She carried the club through eighth grade, when she got one of the English teachers to agree to sponsor the club, so that it would remain going once she left for high school.

She and the club members in the same grade brought the club with them, at least the premise, when they all went to high school.  They spent their club meetings playing old tabletops, testing new ones, and in general working on all things gaming.  When Aliya got into playing RIFT, it added a new level, and once a month, one meeting would be devoted to all the members meeting in the computer lab and playing together.  This led them to a small LARP, or Live-Action RolePlaying, group in their community, that met once a month at the local game store to play Live Action Vampire.  She carried these interests through her graduation, and still attends the monthly meetings of the LARP group.

RIFT, however, led her into the avenue of MMORPGs.  Within a few months of graduation, she had three active accounts for MMOs, one for RIFT, one for World of Warcraft, and one for Cryptic Entertainment, which gave her access to Neverwinter Online and Star Trek Online.  However, none of these really fit her MMO desires, though Neverwinter was by far the closest.  She kept looking, and eventually whittled everything down, until she was only ever playing RIFT or Neverwinter.  SHe dabbled in others, Aion, Guild Wars 2, and other such MMOs, but it was never more than a month of trial before she abandoned them.

This went on until she found out about Dungeons and Dragons Online, the fully immersive next level MMO.  She immediately signed up as a candidate for beta testing, and was thrilled beyond belief when the equipment was delivered to her home a week later.  She did extensive work with some of the more martial classes, even suggesting several talents that should be made available to them that didn't exactly make sense at first glance, but when you looked at everything the class was capable of, they made more sense than some of the other options.  She was also one of the ones responsible for the red/yellow mark system, taking great delight in pushing the combat engine to its limits by going after anyone and everyone she could, in town and out of town.

When the game launched, however, she found she'd grown tired of the martial aspect of the game, and decided that it was time to step into the back ranks of combat, but Ranger didn't really appeal to her.  So when she received her codes for Beta Tester benefits, she settled on the Summoner, a class that had a companion of its own, but one that could grow more and more powerful as the character did, and that had multiple options for complete customization than the Ranger's pet.  She also decided that it was time to go a little different on appearance, and based her new character off a few sketches she herself had done, which also meant that other beta testers wouldn't necessarily recognize her right off.

DnD Online Avatar
KRISTA STORMWRACK and KANEYOSHI
Race: Aasimar
Body: Thin, lean, bright blonde hair, emerald green eyes (Identical body type and build, just minor coloration changes)
Class(es): Summoner 1
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP