Rebels of Eulevir (Pathfinder Good vs Evil Recruitment open!)

Started by Roleplay Frog, April 20, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

<Campaign sales-pitch is below>

Link to the OOC

Link to the Character sheets, please post your approved characters here!

Link to the IC here!

Character creation details: Starting level 6 with 23,500 gp or Level 7 with 10,000 gp. No individual item price may exceed half the characters allocated gold total. Stats: Roll 4d6, drop lowest. Traits, drawbacks and favoured class bonus allowed. Cross classing allowed. Non core sourcebook allowed after DM-review. First level HP maxed, roll after. No sci-fi or modern races/abilities. pre-modern weaponry users a'la gunslingers allowed only under heavy consideration. No wallhacks. Aetherworks marvel is banned. Remember to play naughty, not nice.
Permakilling another character is out without consent, even 'normal' death is unpreferable so consider that when building.
Finally, please be aware that Elves, 'pretty' humanoid subraces and the same better fit as Eulevian characters, while Demonic, orcish or monstrous characters make for better Darkonites.

All rankings and positions are open, but the Head of Rebellion, Queen and Grand General positions will only be given to players under special consideration. At least one of those will be filled by DM, most likely.

Character Creation code:
[float=right][img][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Class(es):[/b] Also Archetypes and favoured class bonus noted here.
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Allegiance/title:[/b](If neutral, note on whos side they fight)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (One step within CG for rebel's, One step within LE for Darkonites)
[b]Description:[/b](If different from picture)
[b]Fetishes:[/b] (Name a few things you want to happen to your character/Do to other characters)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Name something you really don't want to happen to your character/wouldn't do to others.)
[b]Backstory:[/b](No need to write an essay but try to explain your characters strengths and weaknesses, their relationship to the Darkon empire and Rank, either as Darkonite or Eulevian. What is their end-goal in this all?)
[b]Bonus questions![/b]
[i]What's a secret your character would never want anyone to know:[/i]
[i]Where do you see your character in twenty years:[/i]
[i]Your character sees a beautiful, helpless maiden, they:
[/i]
[b]Ability Scores[/b](+Modifiers)
Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha

[b]HP:[/b] [b]Armor Class:[/b] [b]Initiative Bonus:[/b] [b]Speed:[/b]
[b]Saving Throws:[/b] Fort Ref Will
[b]Class/Racial Feats[/b]
[b]Chosen Feats:[/b]
[b]Traits:[/b] (also, Drawbacks if applicable)
[b]Skills:[/b]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[b]Equipment and items:[/b]
[b]Attacks[/b] (Attack bonus +Damage with chosen weapon
[b]Spellcasting[/b] (Delete if your character has none)
Cantrips:

Grade 1:

[spoiler=Random notez!]
[/spoiler]

polls for posterities sake
Here's a poll to help gauge things a bit better.
Here's a poll for the level

Do we allow a Racial class bonus and traits?
Traits or no traits?

Also, what do you want to play, for my info
What you'd rather play

And most importantly:
Kinkyness level!

Let it be known that on this day, the Kingdom of Eulevir has gladly accepted the Peace-treaty of the Darkon empire!!
All citizens, rejoice, for War-General Darkon VI has promised an immediate end of all hostilities and a new era of peace, cooperation and understanding between our two nations shall soon begin!
There has been much woe and bloodshed on both sides, but in exchange for just a few concessions of civility the Darkonites will bring us peace and prosperity going forward.

The concessions, which are expected to be held true and followed by all citizens are as follows:
-Darkonites are no longer to be referred to as wicked, demon summoners, mind-breakers or any such derogatory terms.
-All Humans and sub-races of humans of high nobility are to report to Darkonian authorities to deepen national understanding.
-The same holds true for all Half-elves and high elves of any nobility, as well as elfish mages. Be aware that this is not discrimination, but mere a necessity, considering the high level of hostility the Darkonites were forced to endure, injustly, from the Eulevian elven elite troops.
-The bann on so called 'dark magic' is hereby withdrawn and such magic, with the greater understanding of Darkonite teachings will be taught to promising applicants.
-Minor changes to the education system to help foster understanding between nations shall be put into place.
-The Darkonian empire has warned us of small terrorist groups endangering the peace crafted through hard works. These so called 'Rebels' are to be reported on sight. Any foul rumours they spread about the mental or physical enslavement of our beloved elven queen Gwendlyn Tir'einen, are based on lies and wicked propaganda.

Mal'onen Teliam, Scribe of her beloved queen,
Gwendlyn Tir'einen

This planned campaign of mine focuses on fantasy world that did not get the happy ending it was hoping for. The heroes failed to gain the magic sword to turn the tide of battle around and, suprisingly, the nation living and training for war overwhelmingly defeated the peaceful kingdom focused on art and diplomacy.
Now, to the victor go the spoils, but the Darkonites have suffered losses. To rebuild themselfs, rather than destroy or even conquer, they will allow the kingdom of Eulevir to exist 'indepedently' using it's citizen to refill their lifestock and become stronger than ever before through intermingling their demonic bloodlines with the powerful elven bloodlines 'on offer' Just a little re-education and encouragement will be needed. Darkonites loathe to kill what they could otherwise make use of, after all.
And of course, there is dealing with the pesky rebellion, which is rumored to have a high member of Eulevian royalty among them, infact, the princess of the realm.. but that is of course a rebel ploy, the princess has recently been sighted conversing, quite pleasantly, with Darkon himself, after all!

You'd get to join either as a heroic rebel, a fighter for freedom for the Eulevir Kingdom, a kingdom of high magic, one-ness with nature and sex-after-marriage.
-Eulevians value love and beauty, they would be primarly elfish, then human with more humanoid subraces, Alignments for rebels: NG, CG; CN, TN

Or as a Darkonite agent, warhungry, fiercly loyal as you were born and bred to serve your war-masters, or perhaps even enslaved, conditioned and mind controlled as one of the many conqured nations of the Darkonites, masters of perverse magic.
Darkonites value strength above all, including orcs and even monstrous and demonic races with little hesitation, and infact embracing those if they prove strong enough... and many of them proved strong indeed. Alignments for Darkonite agents: NE, LE, LN, TN

Gameplay stuff!:
What to expect? I want to make a classical heroes vs villains set up in a fantasy campaign, with pvp and strategical elements. This campaign will be both DM driven as battle-lines shift and allow for individual scenes, allowing players to play both villains and heroes. And clash with one another.
The goal of Rebels is to hit the Darkonians with guerilla tactics and revealing the truth of the oppressive regime before the Darkonites hold their homeland so firmly in their grasp that they can rebuild their strength.
The goal fo the Darkonites meanwhile is to maintain their order and peace, but also capture and enslave all rebellious resistance, for intel, power.. or just personal pleasure.
The DM, me, will give quests that can grant subtle changes to the storyline and combat advantages/disadvantages on future encounters, depending on the rp-flow.
I'd add some combat-notes that allow for nonlethal or even erotic takedown, beyond what you can come up with buildwise. All genders and outlooks welcome, though the setting is slightly slanted towards submissives on the good side and dominants on the evil side, exeptions nonwithstanding.
I've pondered doing this free-form or with a custom system, but one is too contentious, while the other is always a learning-hurdle, so, for now, the vast potential options pathfinder-builds can offer could make for something interesting, I thought!
Pace/Activity: Somewhat depending on the writing partner, but if you post too infrequently you might be left behind.
Scope: Open.
Erotic content: Varying. The setting theme itself is non-con with mind-controlling aspects, the Eulevir people can be quite innocent, the Darkonites, likely less so.

Further details and lore-writeups pending on how much interest we get. I plan to do a democracy to gauge a little what people want to do, mechanics wise.
Post below if interested or questioning, I'll see if there's enough folks interested to get this kicking up. ^^
Text walls are cool. Wonder if people will like this..

Drowdeviant

*plants interest flag and see who else joins* :3
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Angie

Hmmm...depending on the level we start at, I have a Barbarian/Sorcerer concept that could work...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 12:02:55 PM
Hmmm...depending on the level we start at, I have a Barbarian/Sorcerer concept that could work...

But on what side is he/she/they going to be on is the real question. ;)
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Angie

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 20, 2018, 12:05:44 PM
But on what side is he/she/they going to be on is the real question. ;)

Neither, if I can swing it. CN doesn't make alliances.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
Neither, if I can swing it. CN doesn't make alliances.

Well that's what all CNs think. But at some point sides have to be chosen lest you get impaled on the fence from flip flopping too much. xD

Angie

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 20, 2018, 12:08:23 PM
Well that's what all CNs think. But at some point sides have to be chosen lest you get impaled on the fence from flip flopping too much. xD

It's not flip flopping. It's more "I'll stab you both...but I'm more willing to stab Darkon."

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 12:09:33 PM
It's not flip flopping. It's more "I'll stab you both...but I'm more willing to stab Darkon."

True that. But who says Darkon won't stab back...and harder...and with more than just sharp things? xD

Angie

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 20, 2018, 12:11:35 PM
True that. But who says Darkon won't stab back...and harder...and with more than just sharp things? xD

With this concept, they already did.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

But that doesn't mean they'll stop if they find a rebel. I would imagine Darkon has plenty of re-education facilities from the war that many are dying to put back into use. xD

*takes off evil sadistic inquisitor hat now and stops his sinister ramblings* x3

Roleplay Frog

I'm happy putting up starting level for the vote, though I don't see going under 3 for certain. Perhaps I'll also allow varying starting gold for different levels to incentivise diversity.

1) Are you enforcing racial alignment restrictions? EG, Drow are Always Evil, Orcs are Always Chaotic, etc etc?

2) Is it Paizo only, or will 3rd Party / DnD Feats be accepted on a case by case basis?

3) Are Undead common in this world?

4) What are we doing for Traits and Stats? Is it 2 Traits or 3 Traits and a Drawback as per normal, and are we doing Point Buy or Dice Roll? What level do we start at?

5) What Race Restrictions are there? Just "Basic," "Basic And Advanced," or "Any Paizo?"

6) Are Archetypes allowed?

1.Nah, alignment is backstory relevant more than race.

2. Under heavy review, yes.

3. Only cute ones.

Other questions as I said, will go indepth for design if theres enough interest. Might also put that up for the vote there. Archetypes are a go though.
The question of traits and no traits and class bonus vs no class bonus is a tricky one, because it kinda seperates those that know pathfinder closer and enjoy the build from those that don't, so you gotta pick this one up with the caution-pliers in my eyes.

What he said.

QuoteTrue that. But who says Darkon won't stab back...and harder...and with more than just sharp things? xD
Seems you both get me. :P
Darkonites are kinda not big on freedom, even those moderatly high in rank can still assumedly be indoctrinated and indepted to the high command. ~They~ like it that way.

QuoteI would imagine Darkon has plenty of re-education facilities from the war that many are dying to put back into use. xD

You assume they were retired in the first place *has even bigger evil hat, by means of being a DM alone*

So far counting three. Oh! If you could note what you are interested in factionwise that'd help too, ideally we want more rebel goodie goods than Darkonites, for the simple matter of Darkonites having more npc support and going around enslaving folks, but I can fill out things with NPC's in either direction.

Angie

My plan is basically a Sorceress whose powers were not exactly the best controlled, so after a little incident involving setting a tavern on fire, she was tossed in a dungeon and terribly abused until one day she just sorta...snapped. All she remembers is 'waking' up outside the dungeon, naked and covered in blood. Could easily have been a Darkon dungeon, and she managed to escape without anyone knowing she did it. Now she's a bit of a wandering mercenary, willing to sell her sword (or in this case, Bec De Corbin because that shit is cool) to anyone with the money to pay. She'll be looking into building up her own mercenary company if she can, or maybe an elite group of warriors where everyone is expected to be able to stand on their own-she knows teamwork is best, but in the end, you can only rely on you.

In terms of levels, it'll be 2 Sorc to 1 Barbarian, yes, Barbarian.

EDIT: I lied, it's a Lucerne Hammer, not a Bec de Corbin.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 03:39:36 PM
Could easily have been a Darkon dungeon, and she managed to escape without anyone knowing she did it.

No. Displaying that kind of power would see her hunted down by Darkonian forces and we're not talking goons 1-5, but a well equipped, well trained group of hunters.
I could see it if she took refugee, but if she, as you described, just 'snapped' that left tons of evidence to track her with from. She'd now be captured, broken and loyal to the Darkonite regime.

QuoteShe'll be looking into building up her own mercenary company if she can

Not the premise of the setting. She's either with the Darkonites or against them. I get wanting to do your own thing and this can be an rp goal, but you gotta work with the setting I present.

Angie

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Deva on April 20, 2018, 03:46:56 PM
No. Displaying that kind of power would see her hunted down by Darkonian forces and we're not talking goons 1-5, but a well equipped, well trained group of hunters.
I could see it if she took refugee, but if she, as you described, just 'snapped' that left tons of evidence to track her with from. She'd now be captured, broken and loyal to the Darkonite regime.

See that's why I'm considering the regime. You don't get hunted like an animal for having magic. xD

...Mind you I might be pondering one of each faction, maybe sisters who now look to kill each other for the other's "betrayal"

Angie

Variant idea, but let me ask first: Are there "native tribes" that exist outside of the influence of the warring empires, like deep in the forest and such?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Angie on April 20, 2018, 03:56:00 PM
I'll think on what else I can do then.

You can do an out-of-control powerful mage, or you can do a powerful mercenary leader, I'm all good with that, perhaps even both at once (though you'd have to be good at telling me how CN can lead an organization without calling it quits after threee weeks when the paperwork starts piling up) but I want it all to be framed a bit differently. Assume that the Darkonites are now in charge -because- they are adept at what they do. There's still enough fools and weaklings, but they don't get to higher ranks(aka players and important npcs) certainly.

Quote...Mind you I might be pondering one of each faction, maybe sisters who now look to kill each other for the other's "betrayal"

Amusing idea actually, I will allow multiple characters as long as you can keep them active..

Quoteare there "native tribes" that exist outside of the influence of the warring empires, like deep in the forest and such?

Quite possibly. They'd be heavily leaning towards the far less unnatural and open-minded Eulevians.

Angie

Well then, I have my better idea. Instead of letting things advance, I'm going to say her powers started off with an ability to conjure minor sparks (the Jolt cantrip) and decided to book it before things got too out of control. Somewhere on the outskirts of the empire, so it was a little easier for her to slip away (though if there was any paperwork to be filled out she might have had to bluff her way through it) and managed to find one of those small tribes probably out of pure luck. Either that, or she had to train on her own, away from others (so, she'll have Survival points either way). Barbarian and Sorcerer are both "self taught" classes...

Roleplay Frog

Sounds good by me. Coming back to challenge the Darkonians and help the rebels?

Angie

Absolutely. Probably will sign up with the rebels, and well...who can reject a fierce warrior with the heart of a dragon?

Mister Ugly

okay Interest here but I gotta know...Who or what are the darkonites?...Now I know the country comes from ravenloft... I think But I do not know much about them.

<MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Mister Ugly on April 20, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
okay Interest here but I gotta know...Who or what are the darkonites?...Now I know the country comes from ravenloft... I think But I do not know much about them.

<MU

Nope, just a random fantasy name I made up that soundes sufficiently dark, not linked to Azalin Rex. Those are called Darkonians.

Flying Tengu

There's stuff here that appeals to me.

I'd play on the rebel side.  Rebellions are built on hope!  They are somewhat hindered, however, by erotic takedowns.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Flying Tengu on April 20, 2018, 06:20:49 PM
There's stuff here that appeals to me.

I'd play on the rebel side.  Rebellions are built on hope!  They are somewhat hindered, however, by erotic takedowns.

Erotic takedowns are the best kind of takedowns.

Welp, seems we're gathering some interests.. ^^

Mister Ugly

"...you make more noise then a marching band...Shut the hell up and get down so i can deal with the Darkonites on your tail...."

[I think I found an image I like]
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...