The Wars of the Roses [OOC] - Complete -- the valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 09, 2009, 04:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeven

Alrighty :) Thanks... it makes it more fun that way anyway. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kazyth

Quote from: Marguerite on June 10, 2009, 03:25:36 PM
Once I move places, the ex's around here will not be able to get to me but once I move I have the problem of finding a new BDA site.

Yeah, finding a reputable sight and scene when you move to a new place is always a huge pain, unless you know and trust people where you are moving too.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Marguerite

Quote from: Kaz the Beast on June 10, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
Yeah, finding a reputable sight and scene when you move to a new place is always a huge pain, unless you know and trust people where you are moving too.

-Nods and sighs-

Aww, Saku is dead? How are we going to know who is who?
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Bliss

How will it be indicated in-game that we've hung an innocent or not?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kazyth

Guesswork, slandering, and wild accusations!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Marguerite

Val will let us know since she let us know in the death of Saku that she was an innocent and the Bee.

Rockin

I suppose that since this is a RP, there has to be a RPish way on us finding out. I guess we found out either by a tatoo birthmark of the such? or maybe even a belonging on hers.

Valerian

Hm, yeah, I haven't really considered how a Thorn might die differently.  Heh.  I'll work on that.  But for now, assume that you can tell as the person dies whether they were innocent or not.

Though the guesswork, slandering, and wild accusations sound fun, too.  *nods*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

There!  Added a sentence for the official IC identification of Saku.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

QuoteSaku, you may make one more post for your last words if you like, but beyond that you are now officially gone.  :(

Poor villagers. They have slain an innocent and not only that but one of their allies *shakes head* they should have listened to Saku! xD

I did my last IC post :) hope you enjoy!

So who did the Thorns kill in the night? Will there be an IC thing for that as well?
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Marguerite

In the WW, the picking of the victim is done in PM and not in public because then wouldn't it be fun if we knew who it was in the WW I am in with a few others. Though then again, I was eaten in the last game so who knows.

Saku

Lol. No I meant will there be an IC thing for who the Thorns have chosen to kill during the night? (Not the actual choosing since I believe they do that over PM as you said but when the villagers see who amongst them have been killed by the Thorns)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Aiden

@Lady sky, I'd fix your head board but then I would just break it again the next time you invite me over.
-Awaits invitation anxiously-

Marguerite

I swear Aiden was the Bee who likes to go from rose to rose and take a bit of their nectar.

-Smirks-

Saku

Ahahaha yes well if that were true Aiden would have come to take some of my nectar! *winks*
I'm back!

Rockin

bah, Aiden getting dibs on everyone >:

Aiden

She's the one who mentioned that I broke her headboard, so what is better irony than making him a carpenter  ;D

LadySky

*giggles and hands Aiden an open invitation to her nectar, I mean.....cottage!*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rockin

well...that was unfortunate...T_T

Caeli

Question... but IC, do we know who votes for who? For the most part, people didn't say who they were voting for, but I thought that the votes were 'anonymous' as far as in-game went, unless the character actually names their vote out loud.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Rockin

Quote from: Caeli on June 10, 2009, 06:48:32 PM
Question... but IC, do we know who votes for who? For the most part, people didn't say who they were voting for, but I thought that the votes were 'anonymous' as far as in-game went, unless the character actually names their vote out loud.

we could just go over the fact that they've either heard them vote or seen what they wrote on it.

Valerian

Strictly speaking, it probably would be at least a semi-secret ballot; but for ease of gaming, we'll assume that everyone knows or can find out how people vote.  There's little enough to base one's own votes on without taking away that information...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Well, how can people argue and try to win votes without knowing who was voted?

Valerian

Yeah, it's just smoother if we assume everyone knows somehow.  Better arguments debates that way.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

Quote from: Marguerite on June 10, 2009, 07:05:37 PM
Well, how can people argue and try to win votes without knowing who was voted?

Well, in normal games of Mafia, you definitely don't know who is voted on, nor do you know the role of the person who died.

It does make sense that in PbP, we should do it though. ^_^; Makes it much easier.
And the way is persuasion. You make a convincing argument or point out a flaw in logic, in order to sway votes.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs