The Wars of the Roses [OOC] - Complete -- the valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 09, 2009, 04:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

For talk about the game and general chit chat.  Those who have already been eliminated may still chat here, but please be careful not to give anything away!
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

So for the voting - do we do that publicaly/in-thread?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Marguerite

Valerian

Yep, go ahead and vote in the thread whenever you like.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Desan

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Aiden

Quote from: LadySky on June 09, 2009, 11:03:43 PM
LadySky silently took the piece of parchment handed her and scribbled Aiden.

"He would not fix my headboard when he broke it last winter." she mummbled as she placed her vote in the basket.

If this is a proclamation of guilt I am glad that more of my writing partners are not involved in the game! HAHA!

Maeven

Sorry about the delay folks! I didn't realize you all had been such busy thorns bees! *giggles*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

Quote from: Rockin on June 10, 2009, 08:11:10 AM
OOC: With all this RPing, it'll be a lot harder to get answers we may want to hear lol. It's probably just me, since I'm not used to RPing in a mafia lol
Yeah, that's one reason why I made sure to set up an OOC thread, so the extra chatter can go over here and help keep the main thread clear.  I'm going to go over and do a status post shortly, so we can see where we stand.  :)

Quote from: Sir Desan on June 09, 2009, 10:26:07 PM
Bold it too?
Bolding would be good, or at least separating the name out onto its own line to make it easy to see.

Quote from: Maeven on June 10, 2009, 08:21:36 AM
Sorry about the delay folks! I didn't realize you all had been such busy thorns bees! *giggles*
Only one bee!  *grins*  But the Bee will be busy, I'm sure.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Okay.  Once this game is well underway (and assuming I don't make any really silly mistakes in the next couple of rounds), I'm thinking that I might start up a second game, about the same size, with the eliminated players from here and some new recruits, if I can find them.

That game would most likely have a different theme to it, to help me keep things straight.  Right now it's between bootleggers during the prohibition era of the thirties, and witch hunts as in Salem in the late 1600's.

Preferences?  Anyone who'd definitely be interested, or knows of someone else who might be?  Anyone want to point out how crazy I am for even considering running two at once?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Bootleggers and can the players not eliminated join in as well?

Valerian

Um, sure, why not?  We may all get confused about who we are in which game, but at least we can have fun getting confused.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Then count me in on the bootleg/salem witch trials game, Valerian.

Saku

I like the salem witch trials game but that's just me. ^^ and I am totally in :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Maeven

Do we get to throw them in the water to see if they float if we do the witch trials game?

The Cardinal Rule

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Aiden

Bootleggers! The rise of modified cars and organized crime.

Valerian

Quote from: Maeven on June 10, 2009, 12:09:46 PM
Do we get to throw them in the water to see if they float if we do the witch trials game?
*gets out the scales to see if Maeven weighs the same as a duck*

So that's two votes for bootleggers so far.  How many for witches?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maeven

I think the bootleggers game would be something fresh to role play so it gets my vote. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

'Kay, it's looking like maybe bootleggers will win, which I have to admit was my first choice just because I like that era. :)

On another note, what do we want to do as far as a time limit to get one's votes in?  If no one's inclined to change votes, then Rockin's won't matter. I'm guessing that at this stage of the game no one really has a favorite candidate they want to try and persuade people to vote for, but I don't want to assume that.  Thoughts?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

*wanders in in a trench coat, tommy gun in hand and a steely glare in his eye*

Myeah.  It's gonna be bootleggers, see?  Or it's curtain's for all of yas!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Marguerite

Oh, I thought Rockin already made his vote?

-Ponders-

Mmm, skip over his vote but it would be rude to do that to him. Give him a nudge in pm or in the game to get his vote or set a time limit of five hours?

Saku

I wouldn't mind bootleggers but I'm not too familiar with the time period so that's why I didn't pick that first lol. So no one bash me if I write something in that time period that's wrong lol

As for time limit on voting I'd say send a PM to those who haven't gotten their vote in every day and if they don't get back to you in a day skip over his/her vote unless someone tells us that he/she is unable to post for some reason. Or you look at aways/absences and it says he/she can't post.

But yeah we should do something so that we don't wait around forever for someone to vote lol xD
I'm back!

Aiden

At this point it seems that Rockin's vote won't matter unless he does some amazing speech like at the end of all those movies that sway people.

-Eyes Kaz-
Nice peashooter
-opens coat and pulls out double-barreled shotgun, and continues with coercing the votes the right way-