What's more dangerous...?

Started by Spookie Monster, October 01, 2011, 06:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

What's more dangerous: a sober pirate or a drunken ninja?  Why?

Spel

It gives them a dangerous mind...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Shjade

The pirate.

Ninja don't attack people unless they're ordered to do so. Pirates will be violent just because they're in a bad mood, and I doubt a sober pirate is happy about being sober.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Definitely the pirate.. odds are he's a mean sober person. :D Their default condition requires RUM!!!

madbadpenguin

The ninja, he is an angry drunk.

Mix that with throwing stars and its all fun and games until someone looses an eye
On my command let the bickering commence!

Missy

Neither is really more dangerous than the other.

However put a sober pirate and drunken ninja in the same room together, well you just don't want to be there at the same time as them.

Fourtunately we had that room rigged with cameras all over so we could capture all from the safety of our zeppelin...which crashed and burned later that night, destroying all of our footage.

Xanatos

Spero

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Izzie Aditi

Drunken ninja, no questions asked.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Violence

This query seems to be of the highest philosophical debate and as such I have thought about this very rationally using much of the same logic Will Smith applied when he shot the little girl in Men in Black, and concluded that the drunk ninja represents greater danger.

The pirate might be meaner while sober, but he's probably only thinking about getting more rum.  So, it seems he's really only a danger to anybody that represents and obstacle to that goal.

Meanwhile, we have the drunk ninja... he's chuckin' stars all willy-nilly... grabbing small children instead of logs for use in his body-substitution technique... probably making all sorts of noise and making it hard for him and his ninja friends to keep from being noticed.  So while the pirate might represent more immediate danger... if say you're the bouncer at his favorite pirate bar and he's on the blacklist... the ninja definitely represents a wider array of potential danger both to himself and to others regardless of their personal involvement.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Jag

I'm not sure. Let's send this one to the guys at Deadliest Warrior. *nods*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies, guys!  I feel that I'm closer than ever to understanding this pirates vs. ninjas thingy.  If you have any further input on who you think is more dangerous -- drunken ninjas, sober pirates -- please don't hesitate to share!

Thanks again!

Spel

Life rolls into one for them...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

AeonReflux

Sober Pirate? Is that supposed to be comparable, effectually, to a sober Bender?   :P

Viper

Depends on the ninja, if he can use drunken fist then i vote ninja. But a sober pirate is suffering from either a bad hang over or withdrawing...and neither are good for anyone involved!

Capone

By default a pirate is only intimidating to a civilian. Anyone with actual combat prowess can beat a pirate easy. A pirate just picks up a sword of gun, yells "RAAAUGH!", and people cower because he's got a weapon and they don't. Also, the stench of cabin fever. Do you know how filthy those boats become? As such, a sober pirate is doing nothing more than trying to aim an already inaccurate pistol or swing a sword without any proper training or skill level.

Ninjas, on the other hand, are not only trained in combat, they're pretty much Spec-Ops. They are the sort of warriors that go in when you want everyone to believe Death himself strolled through, leading souls to the netherworld. Make one of them drunk, and you just remove his prior inhibitions. Of course, if you make him shit-faced, then the pirate may have an advantage. But otherwise, the ninja still possesses all of his skills, but loses any restraint. That is one dead pirate.

Now, some people may be tempted to bring up specific characters, such as the Dread Pirate Roberts, Captain Jack Sparrow (oh yeah, he'd definitely lose) or various characters from One Piece. Ninja fans can easily counter with Dr. McNinja, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ryu Hayabusa, etc. When specific characters are listed, it no longer becomes a matter of "Pirate vs. Ninja". It becomes a very specific fight with very specific attributes.

msa24680

A drunken ninja could take a sober pirate any day. 

This shouldn't even be a question.  But I did enjoy reading the debate!

Oniya

Alright - what about Jackie Chan, dressed as a pirate, using Drunken Master style?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

msa24680

Capone

Quote from: Oniya on November 16, 2011, 11:34:51 AM
Alright - what about Jackie Chan, dressed as a pirate, using Drunken Master style?

If he's dressed as a pirate then he's not a real pirate. He's just a guy dressed as a pirate, and the debate becomes Drunken Master versus Drunken Ninja.

Solstice

Quote from: Oniya on November 16, 2011, 11:34:51 AM

It depends.

Is he not looking for any trouble?

If so, it's hard to imagine anything which he wouldn't win against.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Avis habilis

A sober pirate is an angry, spiteful pirate with improved motor control. Bad news all the way around.