City of Ashes (Looking for female characters!)

Started by kasper, February 15, 2013, 02:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

Welcome, to the City of Ashes.

A heaven-fallen metropolis now overrun with scum. Several gangs run the streets but one has become prevalent- GHOST. That is, until Aciel, the right hand man of gang leader Kasper turned against him, thus creating rival gang NEPHILIM.

GHOST are made up of demons.

<image removed at creator's request - Staff>
TAKEN

Kasper holds the most power over the City of Ashes. However, he knows that no threat should be overlooked. And NEPHILIM is not only a threat but a personal score. Betrayed by the one he trust most, Kasper isn't just out to keep his empire from Aciel's hands, he's out for blood- there's a price to be paid.
Powers: Telekinesis, teleportation, demon attributes.
Rage - Kasper uses the environment around him as an offensive attack. This attack is devastating to not only his foes but to his allies as Kasper's rage can be blind. This attack is seldom used.
Shift - Kasper teleports rapidly and spontaneously to confuse/disorient his foe.
Abyss - Kasper blends his telekinetic and teleportation powers to send he and his foe to a demon realm. This is often used as a method of torture rather than an attack in a fight.
Dominate - Kasper boosts his strength with his telekinetic powers.
Fuck 'Em All - Kasper summons horrific souls to terrorize enemies.

TAKEN

Dante isn't your typical GHOST hoodlum. He's smart, slick and extremely manipulative. He's become Kasper's new right hand man.
Powers: Mind reader, mind manipulator, demon attributes.
Envy - Dante manages to turn you on yourself for a small sum of time. This is normally only for shits and giggles or out of scorn because he has been pissed off.
Seek and Destroy - Dante scans a 6 mile radius for specific thoughts and track a specific person.
Lurk - Dante can lurk in your senses. Normally used to understand motives or thoughts better but occasionally used for information gathering.
Alter - Dante protects privacy, making thoughts and conversations completely different to eavesdroppers.
Skullfuck - If Dante can find a vulnerability he will expose it until he can get a way inside your mind, there he will proceed to fuck with you, mostly by causing hallucinations or altering your perception or memories. However, he too is vulnerable to experiencing whatever psychological effects the enemy is experiencing.
Seduce - Dante can seduce others.

TAKEN

Noxis is a long-term member of GHOST and isn't afraid to admit it. She also feels betrayed by Aciel’s departure but would never admit it. Instead, she swears blind that she knew he would do something like this all along and that he could never be trusted; the words mean nothing though, they only express the pain she feels from this separation. Lilith is a very quiet person usually but if something strikes her as odd or wrong, she will step up and tell you how it is. She doesn't like to be ignored, though it's easy to do so, and has a very strong sense of pride to go along with a set of fucked up morals.

My powers are... Darkness Manipulation consisting of the following. Also some Demon Attributes.
•   Absorb. (To merge darkness/shadows into the user's body/mind/soul for greatly increased capabilities. Has its disadvantages.)
•   Darkness Healing. (Using the darkness to mend/fill the user's wounds.)
•   Intangibility. (Turning the user's body into darkness/shadows.)
•   Modification. (To modify the user's body by manipulating darkness/shadows.)
•   Night Vision. (User can see through the darkness.)
•   Animating Shadows. (User's and others.)
•   Absolute Darkness. (By manipulating darkness, the user can blanket a person or small group of people in utter darkness. Dependant on power of the user, this can sometimes be cast on a whole town or city.)
•   Umbrageous Teleportation. (A form of teleportation where the user blends into the darkness and appears elsewhere through that darkness.)

TAKEN

While Eril doesn't look it physically, he grew up on the streets. He originally joined GHOST because of the opportunity and protection it offered, but since his joining he's grown to treat the gang as a family since his own is... non-existant. He's one of the youngest members but also has been in the group for quite a long time, joining when he was very young. Unlike most of the gang members, he's soft spoken, calm, and often tries to solve things non-violently. He's pretty terrible at fights: his powers not overtly aggressive or violent and his scrawny build not suited to physicality. His greatest asset to the group is his powers, which make him perfect for stealing anything the gang could want simply by phasing through obstacles while owners are rendered completely unaware of his presence. Despite his usefulness and long affiliation, ever since the split Eril has become the least trusted and least tolerated of the group. Eril was once a good friend of Aciel, and when Aciel was making plans to split the group, Eril originally sympathized and planned to help him with his plot to grab power. However, when the time finally came to do it, Eril lost his courage to betray the people he grew up with and ended up abandoning Aciel's plot. Since the members of GHOST and Kasper himself heard of his near-betrayal, Eril's lost much of his reputation in the gang, as well as the friendship of both Aciel and Kasper, neither of which trust him now. These days he is mostly silent during GHOST affairs, the lowest rung on the totem pole and obediently stealing what is asked of him in attempts to regain favor.

My powers are...

Perception slipping - Essentially, Eril can become impossible to notice and perceive. This makes him functionally invisible to living beings, with the bonus that he can do things and make noise and remain unnoticed. He is, however, not actually invisible, and can still be recorded and sensed by electronic devices, though any human who attempts to discern the cause of the alarm in person will still be affected.
    Density control (self only) - Eril can control his own density, becoming light as a feather or heavier than a semi at will. He can lighten himself to float and jump far distances with this, but is unable of fully functional flight.
    Phasing - Can move through solid objects.

NEPHILIM are made up of fallen angels.

OPEN

Taking orders never really settled well with Aciel. So he decided he'd answer to nobody but himself. While he doesn't have quite the power that Kasper has, he's strong willed.
Powers: Elemental manipulation, brief time manipulation, angel attributes.

TAKEN

Aciel's darling baby sister. Well, she's all grown up now. A looker, but much more than that. Her mere presence can amplify or stunt one's abilities and there's rumor much more can be done.
Powers: Ability manipulation, unknown, angel attributes.

TAKEN

Plague is a member of NEPHILIM more in detail he is part of the reason it was created. His words slowly creep into the mind of Aciel only pushing along the idea when it was only small talk. It is unknown why he insisted to tag along since once being the leader of his own gang once before. Some speculate that it was due to Kasper wiping out or converting his followers into GHOST. Whatever the reason he is dead set on seeing this through. Plague is comedic making jokes and small one liners this is only a mas however. Truthfully he is cunning, heartless, and manipulative with little to lose and a lot to gain.

My powers are... Manipulation of Mind and Manipulation of Body. Angel Attributes included.

Ability Cancellation- It is not a constant thing. He must find and match a person's wave length (presence). It works on those he wishes to keep close or those blessed with the ability to get into his head if possible. However this does not work on those that can do the same thing it will just cancel each other out leaving both with the ability to use their powers.
    Possession- The supernatural ability to merge his body corporeally with creatures, allowing him to bypass those that would peruse him. Note that he can possess creatures and humans from certain distances, teleporting "into" his target upon the power's activation. However, if there are obstacles between Plague and his target, the possession will not occur. After possession ends, depending on what was possessed, he will reappear behind his target, over them, or underneath.
    The Void- More of a realm then power. Plauge must be invited by someone into their head be it by force or on their own accord (Its easier to use on those that are asleep if by force). Here he can use his words to manipulate, and make those that talk to him see his point more clearly. It is nothing more then an invasion of a individuals psych or a battle of the minds if one over powers the other then that person rules this mental realm.

Who the fuck are you?
Got a name: My name is...
What's your story: I am...
What's so special about you: My powers are...

You're not too bad lookin'.
The art for your character must be an approved piece by one of these three artists:
MANDA
BOOMER
BOOGS

What are you starin' at?
Don't just stand there. Join. Apply below. Only PM me regarding questions and or concerns you have. If you want your character to have a tag line of sorts, then take note of that, same goes for any kind of theme song or whatever extra tidbit of info you might like to throw in.

What did ya expect?
-violence
-action
-drama
-romance
-comedy
-fantasy

FAQ
Q:How do I apply for this role play?
A: Reply to the thread with a proposed character skeleton for the desired character.

Q: Is this a first come, first serve role play?
A: No. We decide on who shall be given a position by who we deem makes a creative and interesting character proposal.

Q: What do you look for in a player?
A: I look at post history, attitude, skeleton, creativity and all that lovely stuff to help myself decide who I will trust.

Q: How literate is this role play?
A: We will aim for 3 to 9 paragraphs. We don't want anything to short or too long but we neither want to handicap the quality of the writing with limits.

Q: What should I expect from this role play?
A: A one thread game with a myriad of themes such as romance, drama, action, comedy and tragedy. A lovely variety of characters. Pretty words. A strong structured game. Various plots running simultaneously. No "main character" plot. Each character has their own plot for each character has a story to be told.

Q: But why one thread?
A: Because it is more successful and easier to keep track of than multi-thread games.

Q: No it's not.
A: STFU

Q: Can I change the character picture?
A: No. Unless I give the option to chose your own image for your original characters.

Q: But I don't like the image representing the character I would like to play.
A: Deal with it.

Q: Can I make my own character for this role play?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Can I make a character independent of either gang.
A: Sorry, no.

Q: Why not?
A: Because it's too much trouble trying to fit in odd characters.

Q: I have this really awesome idea and I think it would be really cool to incorporate it into the role play.
A: Small ideas are okay so long as they are given the okay by me. Do remember that this role play isn't to suit your latest crave. If you have something you want in a role play, then go make a role play, don't try to make mine suit for your individual desires.

Q: Why are you so mean?
A: THIS IS SRS BUSINESS GTFO.

Q: Can I have fun?
A: NEIN!

Q: Dramaaaa : D!
A: No, GTFO. I have a zero drama tolerance and I will boot you quicker than shit if you try to create drama in my thread(s). The game deserves more and you as players deserve more.

Q: Will there be an OOC thread?
A: Yes. And the rules will be simple. No drama. Be considerate. Don't be obnoxious. And don't be overly nice either. It weirds me out.

Q: Can I have multiple characters?
A: Yes. Please only take on multiple characters if you believe you are capable of doing so. You can have up to three characters and must be accepted for all three.

Q: How do you run your games?
A: Pretty lax so long as I'm not annoyed.

Q: What will the pace be?
A: Lax here too. One day you may get quite a few posts the next day none. I believe in a loose rotation where you, as a player, decide for yourself when you need to take a pause to allow the other players to keep up without having three books to read when they return to E/have a chance to post. The activity of the role play will depend heavily on the individual players schedule. Simple as this: you won't be left behind; don't leave others behind. We will also be looking at reliability of the player. If you are recently coming back from a hiatus or leave games sitting for some time we will deny you a position in this game.

Q: You denied my application for a position, what should I do?
A: Please ask me via PM. We may be able to work something out. However, if I do not see you fit for my game I ask you respect my decision and move on. Do not put a show on via the thread or throw a tantrum fit. And certainly do not see yourself fit to give me a piece of your mind. I genuinely care not for it if you act childishly.

Q: I see myself fit to defend a GM or player in a dispute, what should I do?
A: Please leave all disputes in the hands of the GM and do not interfere or add your two cents. It only creates more headache.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

xPeachyPuff

I'm quite interested here...I'll try and throw up a character. Possibly a female member of GHOST.

-xSRx

LeSane

I'm interested as well. More then likely I'll be on the Nephilm with a male character. I can throw up a very sinister character.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

xPeachyPuff

Image removed at artist's request

My name is… Noxis

Noxis is a long-term member of GHOST and isn't afraid to admit it. She also feels betrayed by Aciel’s departure but would never admit it. Instead, she swears blind that she knew he would do something like this all along and that he could never be trusted; the words mean nothing though, they only express the pain she feels from this separation. Noxis is a very quiet person usually but if something strikes her as odd or wrong, she will step up and tell you how it is. She doesn't like to be ignored, though it's easy to do so, and has a very strong sense of pride to go along with a set of fucked up morals.

My powers are... Darkness Manipulation consisting of the following. Also some Demon Attributes.
•   Absorb. (To merge darkness/shadows into the user's body/mind/soul for greatly increased capabilities. Has its disadvantages.)
•   Darkness Healing. (Using the darkness to mend/fill the user's wounds.)
•   Intangibility. (Turning the user's body into darkness/shadows.)
•   Modification. (To modify the user's body by manipulating darkness/shadows.)
•   Night Vision. (User can see through the darkness.)
•   Animating Shadows. (User's and others.)
•   Absolute Darkness. (By manipulating darkness, the user can blanket a person or small group of people in utter darkness. Dependant on power of the user, this can sometimes be cast on a whole town or city.)
•   Umbrageous Teleportation. (A form of teleportation where the user blends into the darkness and appears elsewhere through that darkness.)

Alrighty, so tell me what you think. Would love some feedback. Also, I know it looks like she has an immense amount of powers, but it's all classed under Darkness Manipulation. I just wanted to list what she could possibly do do other people to see what she is capable of. Hope this makes sense. If you'd rather I leave it at 'Darkness Manipulation', I will change that for you. I just through that that is quite a vague power and could mean a lot of different things and ultimately I didn't want her to be over powered and such. (:

-xSRx

kasper

Welcome to the game, SR. Your character skeleton is lovely and your in-depth list of powers is absolutely okay and actually preferred. I was going to do them myself for my characters but in lieu of getting the game up and running before I passed out, just posted the charries with generalized powers. I will most likely be putting it more in depth later on.

And I look forward to your character skeleton, Scarification.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: octopusdreams on February 15, 2013, 07:52:23 AM
Welcome to the game, SR. Your character skeleton is lovely and your in-depth list of powers is absolutely okay and actually preferred. I was going to do them myself for my characters but in lieu of getting the game up and running before I passed out, just posted the charries with generalized powers. I will most likely be putting it more in depth later on.

Thank you!

-Wipes Brow.- That's good then! I figured that I should probably explain myself since I didn't want people to assume she had all these crazy powers and stuff. I really look forward to this; I like the set up and stuff and the characters are awesome. Also, the artwork is incredible (: I look forward to RPing with everyone.

-xSRx

RockSalt

Ooooh! I'm totally interested in this! I'm in class right now so I can't type up a sheet at the moment, but dibs on this dude for my picture >w<!

LeSane

Image removed at artist's request

My name is... Plague

Plague is a member of NEPHILIM more in detail he is part of the reason it was created. His words slowly creep into the mind of Aciel only pushing along the idea when it was only small talk. It is unknown why he insisted to tag along since once being the leader of his own gang once before. Some speculate that it was due to Kasper wiping out or converting his followers into GHOST. Whatever the reason he is dead set on seeing this through. Plague is comedic making jokes and small one liners this is only a mas however. Truthfully he is cunning, heartless, and manipulative with little to lose and a lot to gain.

My powers are... Manipulation of Mind and Manipulation of Body. Angel Attributes included.

• Ability Cancellation- It is not a constant thing. He must find and match a person's wave length (presence). It works on those he wishes to keep close or those blessed with the ability to get into his head if possible. However this does not work on those that can do the same thing it will just cancel each other out leaving both with the ability to use their powers.
  • Possession- The supernatural ability to merge his body corporeally with creatures, allowing him to bypass those that would peruse him. Note that he can possess creatures and humans from certain distances, teleporting "into" his target upon the power's activation. However, if there are obstacles between Plague and his target, the possession will not occur. After possession ends, depending on what was possessed, he will reappear behind his target, over them, or underneath.
  • The Void- More of a realm then power. Plauge must be invited by someone into their head be it by force or on their own accord (Its easier to use on those that are asleep if by force). Here he can use his words to manipulate, and make those that talk to him see his point more clearly. It is nothing more then an invasion of a individuals psych or a battle of the minds if one over powers the other then that person rules this mental realm.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

kasper

Looks great Scarification. I won't be able to add your character to the thread until much later on when I am back home.

Also noted, Rock Salt. He will be saved for your character.

RockSalt

Image removed at artist's request.
My name is... Eril [/center]

I am...
While Eril doesn't look it physically, he grew up on the streets. He originally joined GHOST because of the opportunity and protection it offered, but since his joining he's grown to treat the gang as a family since his own is... non-existant. He's one of the youngest members but also has been in the group for quite a long time, joining when he was very young. Unlike most of the gang members, he's soft spoken, calm, and often tries to solve things non-violently. He's pretty terrible at fights: his powers not overtly aggressive or violent and his scrawny build not suited to physicality. His greatest asset to the group is his powers, which make him perfect for stealing anything the gang could want simply by phasing through obstacles while owners are rendered completely unaware of his presence. Despite his usefulness and long affiliation, ever since the split Eril has become the least trusted and least tolerated of the group. Eril was once a good friend of Aciel, and when Aciel was making plans to split the group, Eril originally sympathized and planned to help him with his plot to grab power. However, when the time finally came to do it, Eril lost his courage to betray the people he grew up with and ended up abandoning Aciel's plot. Since the members of GHOST and Kasper himself heard of his near-betrayal, Eril's lost much of his reputation in the gang, as well as the friendship of both Aciel and Kasper, neither of which trust him now. These days he is mostly silent during GHOST affairs, the lowest rung on the totem pole and obediently stealing what is asked of him in attempts to regain favor.

My powers are...
  • Perception slipping - Essentially, Eril can become impossible to notice and perceive. This makes him functionally invisible to living beings, with the bonus that he can do things and make noise and remain unnoticed. He is, however, not actually invisible, and can still be recorded and sensed by electronic devices, though any human who attempts to discern the cause of the alarm in person will still be affected.
  • Density control (self only) - Eril can control his own density, becoming light as a feather or heavier than a semi at will. He can lighten himself to float and jump far distances with this, but is unable of fully functional flight.
  • Phasing - Can move through solid objects.

Hope that's alright! I wasn't sure about making other people's characters (ex)friends, and that can totally change if people want it. Also, if you don't like the image, you can use this one might fit better into the head shots theme you have going with the other profiles too. Let me know if I need to change anything.

RockSalt

Yaaay! I'm in! Hmmm, I kinda imagine Eril has kinda small and straight handwriting, not necessarily neat but kind of? If that makes any sense XD

RockSalt

RockSalt

DarkRose15

The thread is awesome rady! And hey Snorkle :D *waves to all the other new peeps* Heyya!
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

LeSane

I think Plague would have something very bold, but then again he seems like a sly person. So I will say go with what you think is best.

xPeachyPuff

Hey Dark!

And thanks octopusdreams, Noxis's hand writing is fine haha xD

-xSRx

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

kasper

Excellent, SR.

Hope the name tags work for you Scarification and Eril.

*stuffs cookies in mouth.*

Also, for anybody who might be perusing the thread in interest, we still need the role of gang leader NEPHILIM, Aciel filled in addition to 3-4 more gang members for NEPHILIM and 1-2 more gang members for GHOST.

LeSane

The name tag is amazing Octo I applaud you. I would say you change the topic to needing members or something so more would look into it. Maybe another a couple more female characters so male players might try to join. *Shrugs* I'm waiting patiently for someone to take the leaders spot. Oh you have no idea.

xPeachyPuff

Yeah, hopefully we'll find Aciel soon and some extra players for each group (:

-xSRx

Ramael

Tentatively posting interest. You have a well-coloured world and a real good theme running (with music!) so I'm kinda keen. I'm real busy in RL at the moment, so if I get involved it will be relatively slowly for a month or so.

Was thinking about a character using BOOMER's "elk-dude" image and naming him Oberon (or possibly Drood) and tailoring him for an "urban wilderness" type with an ability to summon gnarly spirit beasts and a "HuntMode", plus maybe a call-of-the-hunt horn that actually is a program that draws power from popular opinion on social media websites. If you have those in this world.

I don't mind which gang, whichever you think needs players the most?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Ramael on February 18, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
Tentatively posting interest. You have a well-coloured world and a real good theme running (with music!) so I'm kinda keen. I'm real busy in RL at the moment, so if I get involved it will be relatively slowly for a month or so.

Was thinking about a character using BOOMER's "elk-dude" image and naming him Oberon (or possibly Drood) and tailoring him for an "urban wilderness" type with an ability to summon gnarly spirit beasts and a "HuntMode", plus maybe a call-of-the-hunt horn that actually is a program that draws power from popular opinion on social media websites. If you have those in this world.

I don't mind which gang, whichever you think needs players the most?

That sounds like a pretty cool character concept, Ramael. I'll go have a look at the picture after I post this (: Hopefully you will get involved.

-xSRx

RockSalt

Oooh love antlered characters!

I'm really excited for this to start, I hope we get the other leader character soon! >w<

Also the nametag is fine! : D

kasper

Ramael, I will have to decline your application. I am not looking for tentative appliers.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Your game setting looks interesting and props to your presentation. I'd like to ask a few questions: Would you accept a character that isn't a member of either gang (an independent)? Also, is Aciel up for editing by the person who takes him? That is, could someone decide on a different picture or set of powers?"
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.