Looking to play Star Wars SAGA

Started by FragarachZ, July 07, 2015, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Muse on July 16, 2015, 01:40:50 PM
Knave of Hearts

Thanks.

You get two more languages than you have already specified. Any idea yet what you are going to take?

You also listed 3 destiny points on your sheet. What do you have in mind for your destiny - or should I pick one in secret?

Quote from: KirbysFolly on July 16, 2015, 01:53:03 PM
My hit points, WHERE I WAS ROBBED, DICEBOT. ROBBED. At 2015-07-16 13:48:40, Dari Nommev (uid: 54482) rolls: 4d8 Result: 16
Yep, you were totally cheated by a result so much lower than the 4d8 average of 18.  :D
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Muse

Destiny:  You should pick one for me in secret.  i have no idea what destinies will be apropriate to your plot.  And I really don't know what you'll consider apropriate to merit a destiny.  I was surprised that you'd sugest toherwise. 

It doesn't even have to be rescue  I'd be just as ahppy with discovery or destruction. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miroque

Is this game still taking applications `? (totally missed this add....poor me..)

KirbysFolly

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on July 16, 2015, 01:58:23 PM
Yep, you were totally cheated by a result so much lower than the 4d8 average of 18.  :D

I'm glad you understand my pain.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Miroque on July 16, 2015, 02:35:31 PM
Is this game still taking applications `? (totally missed this add....poor me..)
I hate to turn players down, but I think the 5 players we already have are as much as I'll feel comfortable dealing with. Sorry.  :-(

Quote from: Muse on July 16, 2015, 02:18:08 PM
Destiny:  You should pick one for me in secret.  i have no idea what destinies will be apropriate to your plot.  And I really don't know what you'll consider apropriate to merit a destiny.  I was surprised that you'd sugest toherwise.
Well, I actually have no idea what will become of the destinies the characters have. I don't have a complete outline for a big campaign yet. There will be a few key encounters, some scenes that are bound to happen, but I can also see several possible resolutions to the main plot. It'll depend on what you people do, which way you go, so I am not planning every detail right now.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Miroque

@Cassandra May: I understand. Too bad, and hope you got good game. (vanishes from stalking this thread)

Muse

Sorry we didnt' get to play together Miroque. 

Cass, what do we need before we can start now?  :) 

Last I checked, i'd added Bocce to my languges and kept one open. 

Do any PCs speak a primary languege I don't? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 02:25:03 AM
Cass, what do we need before we can start now?  :)
One or two answers to the small character detail questions I asked earlier, equipment (about which I will post today), plus me figuring out a few more background details and making the threads we'll need. Right now I am going through my image collections for useful stuff, making a few NPCs, and stuff like that. I could probably work on a lot of that while we run the opening scenes of the game, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew; I'd rather frontload the game with background work on my part, instead of asking everyone to hold later, while I scramble to fill in some blanks I should have covered. Not to mention that we'll start with a mission briefing and I guess I should have the briefing officer be prepared with all there is to know.  ;)

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 02:25:03 AMLast I checked, i'd added Bocce to my languges and kept one open. 

What I have on your character sheet are Basic, Ryl, Lekku (which you get right off the bat), plus Bocce, Dosh, and Huttese. Aside from your basics you get 2 for your Int bonus, and another 1+2=3 for Linguist, i.e. a total of 5 bonus languages, of which you have specified 3 at the moment.

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 02:25:03 AMDo any PCs speak a primary languege I don't?
Weeeellll there are two Zabrak characters in the group...  ;)

But I wouldn't worry about that too much. There are so many languages spoken in the galaxy, so many options to pick from, not every choice a character makes will lead to an optimal result, or it might come in handy at the most unexpected time. Just look at Lando. How many times do you thing he wondered if learning Sullustese was a good choice, only to end up with a Sullustan co-pilot for the attack run on the 2nd Death Star?  ;)

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Batman4560

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know! I'm happy to help.

FragarachZ

Muse if you could justify picking High Galactic, she Hearts could likely pass as an expensive and fancy courtesan, sitting in rich people's laps and blowing their...dice.
O&O

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 17, 2015, 02:57:28 AM
If there is anything I can do to help please let me know! I'm happy to help.

Nope, don't think so. I just have to get my act together and that's nothing you can really help me with, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Actually... would you consider reworking your character slightly to include Knowledge:Tactics? Maybe drop one of your feats for an extra Skill Training, or maybe swap out Pilot for it? Given the intelligence-gathering nature of the mission, having someone on the team who can interpret military movements would make some sense, I guess. It's not really necessary, but it might still make sense.

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 17, 2015, 03:09:23 AM
Muse if you could justify picking High Galactic, she Hearts could likely pass as an expensive and fancy courtesan, sitting in rich people's laps and blowing their...dice.
Question is how happy she would be to play that role. ... Then again, sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  ;D

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Muse

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 17, 2015, 03:09:23 AM

I think that's an excelent idea. 

Oh?  Lekku is free?  nice! 

Batman4560

FragarachZ

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 03:41:38 AM

Now she'll bring class and british accent to the Magpie! :P

And yeah Lekku is free if you have lekku. We can sign language behind the other's back! It'll be like passing notes in class back in school!
O&O

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 17, 2015, 03:54:47 AM
And yeah Lekku is free if you have lekku. We can sign language behind the other's back! It'll be like passing notes in class back in school!
I think it's actaully better than passing notes or using a real-world sign language. Those might be easy to recognize, even if you can't understand what's being said, but using lekku an outsider might have trouble destinguishing actual sign language from what could be just "gestures" akin to the way humans move their hands while they speak.

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 03:41:38 AM

Noted High Galactic as one of your bonus languages. That leaves you with one more. Binary might be a good choice. That is somewhat underrepresented in the group, given how common droids are in this setting.

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 17, 2015, 03:42:32 AM
Tactics added, pilot dropped.
So noted.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Muse

I took zabrack for the last.  Do you think Binary would fit someone with no comptuer skill? 

Knave of Hearts

Balto Rin was able to simultaniously pay off debts and get his daughter Nessa off of Ryloth by selling her to Kalto the Hutt. 

As a Hutt's slave, Nessa siezed every opertunity.  She learned a variety of langueges and skills.  She made friends with her Master's clients, building a network of connections.   

The key to a lot of her sucess was Sabacc.  Before she was old enough to 'entertain', she learned the game from the Hutt's gaurds.  She would entertain them in return for lessons in piloting and the use of blasters.  Later, she would sit on her master's guest's knee and blow on their dice, 'til it became known that she played a mean hand of Sabac herself, and became a prized opponent. 

At 22--after six years as a dancing girl--Nessa won her freedom in a game of Sabacc with her master.  After this event, she took the name, "Knave of Hearts," both because she liked it and because it was the high card in the straight flush of the winning hand.  In the three years since, she has made some friends and traveled the galaxy as a free agent.  It was after spending some time in the core worlds that the other wise happy-go-lucky girl was struck by the wrongness of the empire in this fashion:  "I was slave to a hut for 10 years, a ruthless criminal who trafficed in addiction, missery, and violence.  If I had angered him, he would have laughed while i was torn apart by pet his aklays.  My life during that time was better, happier, and safer than that of any slave to the Empire I've ever encountered. 

"The odds of a single girl making a diference in their lives by joining a band despeate, outgunned rebels are astronimcaly slim.  But I'm feeling lucky today."

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 07:24:23 AM
I took zabrack for the last.  Do you think Binary would fit someone with no comptuer skill? 
Hearts has Pilot and Vehicular Comabt. She could make a decent starfighter pilot, and many starfighters use astromech droids. I mean look at Luke - do you ever see him work on a computer? And yet he understands Binary perfectly well.

Another reason why taking Binary could be a good idea is that many people own and use droids. Droid owners can range from farmers  all the way up to senators or Imperial officials. Sometimes overhearing what those droids have to talk about among themselves could prove useful.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

FragarachZ

Luke doesn't understand binary off the bat though, C3PO translates Artoo's beeps or the onboard computer of his X-wing does. I'm sure he learns it over time after adventuring with R2. :p
O&O

Cassandra LeMay

And here's what you have all been waiting for...

Credits and starting gear:

Everyone gets: 1 short-range comlink, 1 credit chip, 2 energy cells, 2 power packs, everyday stuff (duffel bag, a few changes of average clothes, toothbrush, etc.)

On board equipment for the Magpie: Lets add to what we already have: Electrobinoculars (1), Glow rods (6), Fusion lanterns (2)

Batman: You wanted an armored flight suit for Kooth, I believe? Take it, and 1,500 credits to buys other gear.

Frag: You listed a utility belt and a sporting blaster as equipment. That's fine by me. Also you get 3,000 credits.

Hellrazor: You get the lightsaber and blaster pistol listed on your character sheet, plus 1,800 credits.

Kirby: 3,000 credits

Muse: You get the weapons listed on your character sheet, plus 3,000 credits

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Muse

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 17, 2015, 11:32:37 AM
Luke doesn't understand binary off the bat though, C3PO translates Artoo's beeps or the onboard computer of his X-wing does. I'm sure he learns it over time after adventuring with R2. :p

True that.  Though taking another linguistics feat isn't high on my list.  :) 

All right, I'll grab binary . Should I drop bocce or Zabrack?  (I've never used bocce in a game myself.) 

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 11:34:39 AM
All right, I'll grab binary . Should I drop bocce or Zabrack?  (I've never used bocce in a game myself.)
I think keeping Bocce fits the character background better, and if you guys run into some Zabraks you'll have two Zabraks in the group anyway.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

FragarachZ

Spending part of that 3000 immediately to get a flight suit.
O&O

Muse

Oh, whoot.  :)  Equipmnet.  :) 

Edit:  I strongly encourage us all to get pocket scramblers.  (I'll try to pitch in for them if it'll help.)  They run 400 credits. 

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Muse on July 17, 2015, 12:03:05 PM
Edit:  I strongly encourage us all to get pocket scramblers.  (I'll try to pitch in for them if it'll help.)  They run 400 credits.
Right, as if those wouldn't raise some eyebrows during customs or imigration inspections.  ;) You will have to operate on a few planets that do have a strong imperial presence.

With Hearts you might be better of setting some money aside for various outfits, makeup, props, etc. to help you with your Deception skill. There's no "disguise toolkit" in the rulebook, but that's not to say that you can't spend any money on it.

EDIT: But just so we are clear: You don't need those props. I am nozt making up a new requirement for the use of the Deception skill. But I might be persuaded to grant you a bonus for favorable circumstance now and then, should you decide to spend a bit of money on it.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

FragarachZ

Same with gather information I imagine. And, if you roll a 1 on that, that last drink was roofied!
O&O