Kings and Queens

Started by Kate, January 09, 2010, 03:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Goto to Kings and Queens World Thread

I have found that the flaw of system games lay in their mechanics - everyone gets bogged down in it and it is a turn off from those keen on being focused on role playing. The non-system games also sometimes loose their focus when different people want to fan out in directions that make it hard for the storyteller to coordinate.

I had an idea that I think may solve both - ideally one that would attract equal gurls and guys.

Set in a dark-age world where magic exists but mainly confined to strange ancient artifacts and magical creatures rumored to speckle labyrinthine caves and ancient woods only an army of the bravest souls dare tread. You are a King or a Queen of a desperate small nation surrounded by foreboding woods, seas or other landscapes (of your choosing). The world is dominated by barbarians, ocean pirates, fantastic creatures crawling from cave dens .. a place where one in every three people speak of demons.

The culture of your nation is of your choosing (amicable sexuality standards imply trade relations ...remember trade relations between nations is formed on a lot less), however you need choose one necessity (in the dark age culture ie food medicine etc) and one luxury (gems art / whatever) that your community can make well beyond its needs (ie it can trade tem) but also choose two necessities it can't easily manage by its own means.  You also have to provide one link or picture of
a) a typical landscape of your land
b) a picture of your "castle." (or "home" if your residence is exotic)
c) A picture of what "you" (king or queen) look like.

Up until now your nation like all others are fearful of expansion and development for fear it would attract the attention of pirates and barbarian hordes that have had a successful history of raping and pillaging.

For generations your family has kept a low profile and only just now one carefully laid plan has begun to show fruit. Finally your linage can dare think of something other than fear .. but in order to do so laxes in ethics, political scheming, risky battles and some of the most indecent of proposals have to be considered ...

------------------ Anyone interested ? ---------------

Your "nation" is about the power of what 10 000 people would be (you could choose less who are more productive and impressive etc) how they live and how they are distributed throughout your lands is your choice. (The race of your nation does not have to be human.) Because I want this world to be savage and have evil as well as good kings I was thinking the Exotic / non-con. Many factionless and nomadic communities do exist (Such as gypsies) so the population of your nation's size can vary widely depending on what you do.

If the proportion of players (not characters .. i mean players) is roughly gender even, and if some aspire to dabble in evil (ie perverted) things and others appear who are more refined then I am keen to try this idea.

Yes it is non-con and exotic however this doesn't mean non-con happens to your character (although it may) ... it more reflects the lives most people expect in this world.

Laughing Hyena

Mark me as Interested. I get off on power trips. :-) Mwahahaha- err... sorry, force of habit.

Kate

Laughing Hyena

anyway I have a kingdom already set in mind for me if you dont mind. Its nto completely detailed but its enough for a brief summary

Kingdom - The Promised Lands - Former Desert Tribes

Resources - Provides Valuable Orb

Needs - Livestock, Wood

Culture - War Oriented due to civil unrest, Religious Worshippers of the Sun and believe their King to be a Incarnation due to his deeds and successful ambitions to bind the desert wastes to him. Controlling in nature and well disciplined.

Kate

hon the valuable orb can be a luxury it can provide
can you provide also necessity for life (ie special fruit or food or medicines from strange desert plants etc)

also pic links as listed above please

Laughing Hyena

Well surely. Special Food and perhaps wine is abundant so I can supply that instead of simple ore.

Kingdom - The Promised Lands.

http://www.oasisoverland.co.uk/gallery_photos/m-oasis-764.JPG

-The Oasis of Rolling Mists-

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Mystinawk/Fantasy%20-%20Life%20-%20Friends/d5d7.jpg

fortress

Sydonai

cool! currently me and hairyheretic are creating a system for a group-based roleplay that involves players controlling an entire nation, however there's still much flaws in it and until its ready count me as interested

*goes of writing two pages of nation profile...*

BigBadWolf

I'm intrested as well. This will be just role playing or involves some strategy? I mean if every player have a nation that means they have armies spies etc. that they could use.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

Kate

This is not a systems game. It would play out more how oyu want to play
your nation may have weak solders but may have decent assassins and spys or something.

Good logistics and mathematicians ? (who make crossbows and catapults, intricate traps - etc)

Strange fairy nations with  poisons ?

Elf nation with nasty archers ...

Righteous nation that literally is populated with angelic beings (yes with wings can fly - like a low choir of angels, gleaming marble spires ... )

If your more magic orientated ... fireballs or lightning bolts stuff would likely be from mythical artifacts ... (and will not really be a big part in the game - more like use it once then its gone ... noooo wizards that act like walking machine guns of firebals and lighting bolts stuff ... no ... ) but you can have priestesses / witch counselors / Seers / alchemists ( so your army is super strong ) charmers / hypnotists ... minor demon summoners phps ?

The more exotic you want to go the more you have to have a good write up to make it believable - and it may reflect a small fraction of your populus. Eg you choose demon summoners ... that doesnt mean every peasent can do so. If you choose something less dramatic ... ie archers ... all your populus could be capable hunters good with bows. The more exotic you are however the less flexible you are ( ie if your a queen of an angelic nation - that literally binds a lot of scheming options. Vampires give you a lot of scheming options but stable alliances are not easy.

As far as military strategy goes it doesnt have to be complicated - mainly as i dont want to role play out many schemes for different chapters for phases of one battle stuff - you would get reports on how well campains are going (or whatever you send people off to do) - How that would work is that you would employ generals who do that sort of stuff ... but you can choose what character of generals you have (and i would assume what they do with what they have)

Remember historically the simple schemes work as less goes wrong, politically and diplomatically however we will see how things go. I have no idea how this is going to turn out but frankly a melting point of a few cultures just sounds interesting with a role play group were anything goes (Sex, violence, witchery, demon summoning,)

On the whole you would be liaising a lot with your counselors and generals and ministers

You can assume a lucrative treasury ... for role play reasons assume 1 gold piece per person per month and 10 months of the year exist... (so start with 10 000 ... one year you have 100 000 gold) ... you get more if you manage trade or find some resource or become creative ... you more choose where tax goes (navy, one large castle, many small castles ... temples / hospitals and schools etc. how you do nobility in your kingdom is up to you.

I know it is ambitious ... hopefully though some will be keen - i will only commence if there is roughly equal female players to male players.

Scribbles

This is just a rushed summary of the direction I'm taking. I wasn't sure if you wanted real pictures or drawn so hope I guessed right. Still going to work on the current descriptions, a history, general culture, military strengths/weaknesses, resources they have and are lacking, etc.

Kingdom of Velar, home to the velerians, a race of humans

The Curse (Valen's Folly):
Every month those who stand under the banner of queen Valen are subject to a perverted transformation known as the "Week of Endless Night" or "Turning". There is no escape from the curse once it grabs you and it touches every bit of land that is deemed to be under Valen’s rule. It twists and contorts, making the people look and behave like orcs, demons or ogres as the land becomes savage and burnt. The dead crawl from their graves and even structures are afflicted, becoming as black as night as shops turn into dark forges while homes begin to resemble war huts. This includes the queen and her daughters as they’re turned into horrible, towering, monsters.

QuoteBecause nobility is matriarchal coupled with the fact the changing occurs monthly has caused nervous jibes of those outside the kingdom of the land itself being the embodiment of a moody woman, although a refined one.

All injury short of death that the populous experiences during the turning becomes healed on their "awakening". Civilians who were killed while transformed are simply missing on the following day (there are no dead bodies of transformed civilians on "awakening"), a time the nations towns are sober and silent. Trees and scorched constructions also seem to return to their normal state on sun-rise.

Accidental fires triggered during the changing have previously destroyed the most beautiful city the Velar have made, following which flammable materials such as wood have been banned as building material. The combination of which only permits very slow formation of new suburbs, divisions and the hierarchy needed for its coordination (ie nobel daughters of the queen).

Any Velerian that is outside the nation during the time of the Turning will change unless in possession of a specially created gem (Soul Stone – Incredibly difficult to make) which will instead have them become comatose and awaken to extreme nausea. Those outside the nation within a mile of a Power Stone are afflicted by nausea the entire time, each monthly phase becoming increasingly crippling the longer they are away from the aura of the queens stone (or a sister stone).

People within Velar establish and break relationships easily thanks to the curse, knowing that their love might not last with the next Turning should one of them die.

QuoteMerchants attempting trade during times of transformation have long spread the word of this curse to neighboring kingdoms.

This makes it difficult for Valen to form any permanent alliances with others.

Capital City: Veredin, City of Gems

Land and Troops
Castle
Under the Cursed Fortnight (Ignore Girl)

Veredin earned its name by the amount of magical jewels which pass hands in and around it. It is the Queen’s seat and home to their most precious resource, the mage stones.

The Rulers and Generals:
The city may have one queen but it has many rulers. Nobody knows how the curse came to be but all know that the cure lies with only one of the queen’s daughters. And should the queen select the wrong one to rule, their kingdom shall be stuck with the curse forever. Besides the daughters and queen herself are a few lesser nobles.

Queen Valen:
Picture

A mature sorceress who has seen more than she cares to, it is through her experiments that the curse came into being. She can normally be seen wearing a large black cape and cowl when out of the castle. She has had five daughters in her lifetime and it is understood that one holds the key to freeing the kingdom of the curse. With around a thousand people under the care of each daughter, she is left with only five thousand.

The Twins:
Picture

Erin (Brunette) and Neri (Blonde), born together these two are inseparable and currently hold the advantage against their sisters thanks to the combined might of their troops and resources. Erin is an adventurous sort who cares little for the affairs of her people, unless they’re at war, while Neri prefers the luxuries of their castle where she attends to matters of diplomacy and state. The people under Erin and Neri have mixed nicely, with Neri’s scholars, traders and diplomats complimenting Erin’s vicious soldiers. Erin’s charge is the training of the kingdom’s troops while Neri’s is the creation of scrolls, record keeping and trade. A mix of scholars and warriors, the Twin’s exemplify how a keen mind behind a vicious ambition can shake the world.

The Paladin:
Picture

Said to be the most loved of the people, Kayla’s kindness and skill with a sword is well known. She was the only one who was unwilling to participate in the war between her sisters, when it first started, but was critical in establishing the peace they’ve had up until now. Her people enjoy the simplest luxuries in life, from the rush one feels by helping their neighbor to the reward of a hearty meal thanks to an honest day’s work. They enjoy having an open and amicable relationship with their princess. Those under her also make up the entirety of her army as they switch from being farmers to knights whenever war draws near. Her charge is supplying the kingdom with food.

The Warrior:
Picture

A fiery warrior, Lirian holds some of the most seasoned soldiers within Velar, marching her troops out to skirmish with barbarians and tribes on nothing more than whim. Her people are warriors, revelers and proud. When not at war the bulk of them are blacksmiths. Her charge is supplying Velar with weapons and armor.

The Mage:
Picture

The most powerful magician of the sisters and the oldest, Morgana seems to be driven by a need for knowledge, power and beauty. She dabbles in all kinds of magic, even the more dubious, but her obsession has caused her to forget her military, allowing it to dwindle even as her mages grow in strength. Her city on the other hand is one of the most fantastic next to the capital due to the spells cast within its walls, but this is only thanks to the magical barriers which block out the sounds of crunching bone and sizzling flesh from the many surgeries. The people under Morgana are egotistical and prone to backstabbing; neighbors’ trying to one-up each other is common place. Her charge is enchanting weapons and arms as well as research for Velar.

City: Daughtan (Daw-tan), City of Flesh
Picture

It is named as such for the amount of magical surgery which occurs within its walls and the necromantic lengths some magicians will go to improve this. The grim art is practiced to such an extent that all kinds of people now wander her streets, from cat-people to fake elves, to reptilians, etc.

Mage stones:
Both a necessity and luxury, without them, the kingdom would crumble. They are created in the capital by extracting the excess essence which flows from the queen’s stone, a perfectly cut blue-diamond held deep under the capital’s castle. Like the kingdom, it too changes depending on the week, from its bright blue to a deep ruby red. The gems are a series of power amplifying stones which can give even the most inept peasant a touch of magic or assist the most adept wizard in casting even more powerful spells. They’re also useful for making a spell a little more persistent; for example, a spell of light on a shard can have it glowing for years. They use them in this way all around the kingdom to strengthen walls, imbue weapons with magic, light up lamp posts, etc. A mage stone’s function is determined, forever, by the first spell cast with, or on, it.

QuoteFlaw: Dependent on stones, your masons and architects are dependent on them for their craft
but have just managed to integrate their benefits perfectly. Your weapon smiths and armor smiths have also integrated powers of these symbiotic crystals into their work.

This technology has frustrated other artisans attempting to re-create their wonders, and as time has progressed it has become more obvious that this form of crafting ("hueing") is less a learned skill and more a racial trait of the velar.

A ritual technique involving anything which elicits passion, mostly music, has been deduced to change massive gemstones of a certain quality into sister stones to the queen's stone, allowing the formation of settlements far from the previous aura the queens stone allowed. A gem meeting these standards however is something the Velerians do not currently possess.

Much smaller versions (Power Stones) held by commanders of military arms can maintain weapon and armor strength of their troops during campaigns extending beyond the aura of the queens stone. Gems suitable for these uses are extremely valuable and not found locally (the nation currently only has two).

Social Castes:

QuoteOnly those of royal decent (which only females are born from) hold leadership stations, (male lovers of the royal bloodline hold mainly a minor ceremonial role which fades away quickly after conception). Leadership adoption for a populous is highly ritualized and impossible to manage under emergency conditions. Dynamic changing of leadership (such as the current leader being lost or killed) is unheard of, loss of a leader would sent underlings into depression or panic, as such the queens daughters are accompanied by guards of their choosing who would do anything to prevent their injury. Loyalty of these guards is absolute.

Populous living under the reign of a blood daughter will over time become infused with that daughter's character traits and aptitudes. So much so, the nation effectively is an amalgamation of castes of each of the current blood daughter's specialty.

(In order of rank, with their Week of Endless Night names bracketed or shown in a similar color beneath)

Queen/Empress (Dark Matron): The title changes depending on whether they’re at war or not, with “Queen” being a sign of peace while “Empress” expresses expansion and war.

Princess (Blood Daughter): The queen’s daughters are generally called as such. They enjoy much freedom under the queen, to the point of declaring war against each other, but are expected to pay tribute to Valen or risk being cast out. There have been times in history where Valen had to put down the more ambitious of her daughters. During the Week of Endless Night the princesses normally continue their battle amongst each other, sending their minions in wave after wave as they release all their pent up fury from the days before the Turning.

Mages: With the discovery of magical abilities within men came the switch from “witches” to “mages”. These men and women are considered invaluable to the kingdom of Velar and hold much sway over the politics and war which occurs. Many act as advisors.

Shrieks: The creatures which mages become. These figures appear in the form of a ragged, grey, robe, with piercing red eyes glaring out from the darkness of a drawn hood. They’re called as such for the deafeningly high shriek they release when in trouble, a call which brings forth all kinds of vicious and menacing help. These creatures are masters of cold, monsters and the dead. They’re weak against fire.

Courtier: The equivalent of a prince, these are the men the princesses pick up to flaunt, entertain, or simply hold their arm for important events, balls, etc. They are treated like royalty and when dumped are sent to live in a large estate situated near the palace, with all the other courtiers, unless they choose otherwise.

Incubus: Enchantingly handsome men who wear little more than a small brown cloth beneath their chiseled torsos. These creatures draw in both males and females alike, turning the victim into another cursed of the Week of Endless Night. As for what they become… that’s up to Valen.

Nobility and Officers: The two are almost interchangeable since any soldier who proves themselves worthy and capable is raised to the level of noble while current nobles, who dabble in battle and perform poorly, can be stripped of their titles and land. This is why people who are born into nobility simply enjoy a good book rather than taking up the sword.

Ogres and Helmed Horrors: Ogres are towering, half-naked and grotesque, humanoids, with rows of sharp pointy teeth, bulging muscles and bloodshot eyes. They can crush a man with a single hand and carry massive clubs or other makeshift weapons. Helmed horrors on the other hand are your dark horse riders, clad entirely in an armor of blackened steel. Monsters converge on these creatures, follow them, and disperse when the helmed horror or ogre dies.

Soldiers: From protecting the streets to going to war, these men and women make up the meat of Velar’s forces. There are various ranks within the army. When turned they become all kinds of beasts and demons, from small imps to large, well-built orcs.

Civilians/militia/peasants/commoners: The term with which the commoners are referred tends to change depending under what princess they stand. These are usually your slaves during the Turning, they forge the dark armors and weapons for the horde.

Military Culture
Conquered lands are awarded to the victor, giving the princesses some incentive to support the Queen should she request their military aid. They still are expected to pay tribute to the empire (a term used when expanding their borders) but otherwise can use what is left for their own agendas. Those who fall under Valen’s, or a daughter’s, banner are affected by the curse.

Mercy for the enemy is shown on a case by case basis, depending on who is currently in command. Officers however are usually spared for varying reasons. Prisoners of war are treated rather well, by order of the queen, unless it is Morgana or one of her people who is leading the battle and then it’s probably best not to be captured.

Before each battle, if there is time, a command tent is erected where the mages and officers gather to direct the troops. This is normally essential unless it’s Erin or Lirian in charge as they normally enjoy diving into the chaos of battle and have a bit more experience in maneuvering troops under pressure.

Weaknesses:
Preparing the troops of Velar is a difficult and tedious process, from the slow hueing of the armor and weapons to the equipping of the army.

Gathering soldiers for war against another nation can be a pain as it often requires the compliance of the princesses or being forced to head out with anything from half an army to a full complement.

Oddly enough, only a dismal few magic users ever accompany an army. Velar is very protective of its gifted.

Cutting off the head of the military, magic users and officers, can cause devastation on the battle field.

Bows and arrows are normally in short supply, meaning they're mostly a melee orientated force.

Preparing an army is draining on Velar's resources, more so than most nations.

Strengths:
The strength of Velerian soldiers lies in their versatility, thanks to the magic with which their equipment is imbued. They can traverse the hottest deserts or coldest regions, be given strength, agility, speed, defense, etc. Unfortunately, with their current resources, they can only imbue their troops with one of these traits at any time and changing an army’s trait would require recalling them to the capital for a full re-outfitting.

Magical scrying allows the velerians a little insight before they go to war and even during the heat of battle if there is enough time to setup a command tent.

During the Week of Endless Night:
During this time their weakness can either be fire or cold depending on whether its monsters or demons an enemy faces; the trick is to see which daughter an army intends to engage. They are controlled, just as in life, by their usual leaders whose minds have been bent and twisted almost as much as their bodies.

They’re generally a lot stronger and more durable during this time but infighting between the daughters and queen make the advantage useless.

Resources:
Velerians absolutely love the finer things in life,
Exports: (In order of abundance, from most to least)
Magical Artifacts (Of what is up for negotiation and dependant on the availability of resources)
Arms and Armor
Baked Products, from plain bread to your sugary buns, cake and biscuits!
Dairy
Sugar
Metal Ore

Imports: (No particular order, Velerians will eat most of this stuff right up)
Medicines (Needed)
Marble (Needed)
Stone (Needed)
Bows and Arrows (Needed)
Chocolates (Needed... what?)
Precious Stones
Jewelry
Tea
Wine
Exotic products, from art to the edible, useable or wearable
Ointments and Oils
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Kate

Ok scribbles good work i adore how you have kept consistent with landscape themes.

For balance reasons i will treat your culture like a magic heavy culture, dependencies and flaws of your culture are good as it allows some exotic benefits and still not be over powered.

Flaw: Dependent on stones, your masons and architects are dependent on them for their craft
but have just managed to integrate their benefits perfectly. Your weapon smiths and armor smiths have also integrated powers of these symbiotic crystals into their work.

This technology has frustrated other artisans attempting to re-create their wonders, and as time has progressed it has become more obvious that this form of crafting (please give it a name like "hueing") is less a learned skill and more a racial trait of the velar.

Flaw: Curse (please give it a name also that you refer to it as,ie "the changing" or something eerie)

Merchants attempting trade during times of transformation have long spread the word of this curse to neighboring kingdoms. Although the kingdom is would be deemed easier to assault during this time (due to its lack of coordination) so far barbarians and kingdoms alike have avoided doing so for superstitious fear of entangling their own souls with the curse.

Because nobility is matriarchal coupled with the fact the changing occurs monthly has caused nervous jibes of those outside the kingdom of the land itself being the embodiment of a moody woman, although a refined one.

Whatever damage the populous does to each other during this short of death is healed on their "wakening" (feel free to choose another name for snapping out of it). Civilians who were killed while transformed are simply missing on the following day (there is no dead bodies of transformed civilians on "wakening"), a time the nations towns are sober and silent. Trees and scorched constructions also seem to return to their normal state on sun-rise.

-----------------

Because of slow creation rate of crystal-infusing craft, all construction is considerably slower than what other nations are capable of.

Only those of royal decent (which only females are born from) hold leadership stations,
( male lovers the royal bloodline hold mainly a minor ceremonial role which fades away quickly after conception (feel free to change this) ). Leadership adoption for a populous is highly ritualized and impossible to manage under emergency conditions. Dynamic changing of leadership (such as the current leader being lost or killed) is unheard of, loss of a leader would sent underlings into depression or panic, as such the queens daughters are accompanied by guards of their choosing who would do anything to prevent their injury. Loyalty of these guards is absolute.

All artisans from "lamp" makers to everything shy of toymakers have refined doing so at the cost of forgetting how to craft without it.

Accidental fires triggered during the changing have previously destroyed the most beautiful city the
Velar have made, following which flammable materials such as wood have been banned as building material.

The combination of which only permits very slow formation of new suburbs, divisions and the hierarchy needed for its coordination (ie nobel daughters of the queen).

Populous living under the reign of each daughters (title ? princess ? Countess ? can you choose something) over time share their traits so much so, the nation effectively an amalgamation of castes.

"generational plan that has reached maturity" (choose another if this doesnt suit you)

A ritual technique involving music has been deduced to change massive gemstones of a certain quality into sister stones to the queen's stone, allowing the formation of a settlements far from the previous aura the queens stone allowed. A gem meeting these standards however is something the Veldars do not currently possess.

Much smaller versions (*pipettes - call them something) held by commanders of military arms are can maintain weapon and armor strength of their troupes during campaigns extending beyond the aura of the queens stone. Gems suitable for these uses are extremely valuable and not found locally (the nation currently only has two).

Any Veldarian (?) that is outside the nation during the time of the "changing" does not change but instead becomes comatose, and awaken to extreme nausea. Those outside the nation within a mile of a *pipette are afflicted by nausea the entire time, each monthly phase becoming increasingly crippling the longer they are away from the aura of the queens stone (or a sister stone).

Witches of the mage's caste have long hinted at the possibility to create a device that can change gemstones struck by natural lightening such that they can be imbued a shadow of the strike. Construction of the device would entail resources currently outside the means of the nation.

Prime gem reserves do lay in mountains bordering the kingdom, a range however recently plagued by beasts currently beyond the nations ability to manage.

--------------

Ok Scribbles please add something like this - change what you dont like but i think your more or less fleshed out if you cover these things somehow ... but you MUST add

a) 1 Luxury that your nation can think of exporting to other nations (eg gem lamps that glow continually)
b) 1 necessity that your nation currently can export to other nations (food / medicine / stone )
c) 2 necessities it cant manage easily
d) 1 luxury that your nation would adore (eg marble? ... Gems and MORE ... more gems ... more lol)

Sasha

Reposted Revised Effort here ....will go figure out the rest tommarrow.

Nations Name:   Mystoria
Folk Name : Mystorians
Breed : Elfin Fairies said to have disappeared into the Mist.

The Legend:

The world was once a different place and the Elfin Nation was quite young before the humans were born and the demonic creatures crawled out of the crevices of the earth breathing a dark magic the evil began. Fairies were not always the small creatures one thinks of now only those that stayed behind chose that. One Moonlight Dance many centuries ago a mist rolled in and surrounded the folk of our kind as it sparkled of light . Out of it the Ancient One appeared and gathered all around. In the mist she showed all what was about to come the wars, the death as one tribe turning against another, deceit and slavery. We were the chosen to carry the rare essence of the light of the mist to a promised land that would be guarded and obscured from all if we believed and would follow. It is said that a pure ball of light appeared and the Ancient One asked who would give their life to ensure this protection. Two children, twins no less stood up and holding hands they danced into that magical ball of light before anyone could stop them. It lifted in the air and spun changing from darkness and back to light and the Elfin Faries cried out begging the Ancient One to take them instead falling to their knees. All that stayed with their hearts crying out was then transported to this land we know now nestled in the mountains and hidden away. The two children became one aged by the number of both their years, merged and filled with knowledge of dark and light. That was the birth of  AlySandra the Mystic and the promised land was named Mystoria …and our people became known as Mystorians. The whisper of what happened spread across all lands.

Queen : AlySandra the Mystic < never leaves the castle >

The Queen has two sides to her persona ...the protector and the comforter. The protector defends the lands and has an evil nature about her coming to the surface in times of war, conflict, judgment and in the Awakening Ritual of a child. The woman's justice is swift and without mercy given to torment the mind of those that oppose her and it is said that looking upon her one can see the faces of prior judged and found unworthy.

The comforter is the one who rules the kingdom with a graceful beauty that is compassionate and understanding holding up the values of peace and tranquility. Bestowing honor and guidance to the Truth Seekers and Priests of the Mist  preparing the chosen Royalty for the future tasks they must face.

The Comforter

The Protector

Royalty :

The Prince : Carlito is charged with perfecting the defense needs of the Mystoria , he is gifted with the ability to speak with animals and eagle eye making him an excellent archer. He is the competent strategist overseeing both the Beastians and the Archarians of the Woods. < Never leaves the Kingdom>

The Princess :   Evelyna is charged with the task of overseeing the Pleasure and Craft –Specialty Guilds meeting with the masters of each to discuss needs and issues being faced. She works as a communications liaison and walks openly amongst the people of the Mystoria solving minor disputes as they come up. She has the gift of the Healing Touch and Power of pain and pleasure.< Never leaves the Kingdom>

Note : Children that have been Awakened as Royalty make up the Queen's Court ...currently 6 exist in various stages of training for the tasks to come .

Priests of the Mist:

Currently consists of eight women whose main unknown function serves to balance the scale absorbing the evil that enters the kingdom of Mystoria. They guard the Queen with eyes of dead black and protect the Sphere of Light performing the full moon ritual every month to rejuvenate the Queen. With the knowledge of the Ancient One they can create poisons that cause a deep slumber and or death. They have the ability to walk into the shadows and are disciplinarians if and when needed. They also train the Truth Seekers giving them the knowledge needed to perform their scouting tasks going with them on more dangerous journeys.  Those chosen to join the ranks go through vigorous training to prepare them to accept and control the darkness.

Note :  The eight are currently assigned :  The Queen - 2 , The Prince - 1 , The Princess - 1 , The Truth Seeker s- 2 , Protecting the Light of the Mist -2 . Those assigned to the Truth Seeker will journey out with her on Quests otherwise duties involve Training . Children awakened to become are in training until proven worthy.

Religion and Beliefs :

The Mystorians still worship the Ancient One of the Mist and the moonlight dance is performed at every full moon. A ritual of respect for the protection given as food is plentiful with music, dance and laughter lifting up and filling the Kingdom till the fall of the moon from the sky. In the Castle the Queen returns into the Ball of Light and is renewed with the knowledge of things yet to come though the time of protection is coming towards its end.

The Mystorians worship the light in all living things from the plant life to the animals and believes the essence of goodness if nurtured will always prevail. The preservation of their land is held in high esteem. The replanting of trees to the harmonic balance of aiding the animal life to sustain manageable numbers for the lands given is done with much skill.

Mystorians believe that one is born containing a blueprint of their design and purpose inside. Children are raised by the Overseers. At the age of twelve they are brought before the Queen for their Awakening, upon her touch that which station they are to be is known to them and spoken out to all along with any gifts. The training then moves to the chosen fields Archerians, Beasterians, Crafterians , Culinarians , Herbarians, Overseers, Truth Seekers , Priests of the Mist and Royalty. There is a dark side to this Awakening Ritual if the touch reveals a darken cast heart resides within, the life of the child is forfeit before all as the shell crumbles to ash and is deemed one of the Unworthy and not spoken of again.

Pleasure Guild

The Mystorians are open in sensuality and sexual stimulation as giving pleasure and enjoyment is openly embraced and shared communally. There is no monogamy standard in existence in the Kingdom or pairing off as with most cultures. They are free and encouraged to experiment all forms of pleasure and with both sexes. The Pleasure Guilds become a station for release of tension and stress .They pride themselves on the creations of pleasure ointments, erotic chocolates and fine tobaccos that allow one to fully experience full orgasmic release. The only restriction of entry to a Pleasure Guild is age and that has been defined at 16 years .

Children after birth are raised in a communal setting and ones selected as Overseers become the caregivers, teachers and councilors. Emphasis is on Art , Music , Dancing , Language , Story Telling , Puzzles , Riddles , Physical Challenges , Nature and the pure essence of understanding your own soul. The children take part in small chores and encouraged to ask questions and debate all that they see around them. Visiting each guild and learning small things about them all before the age of 12. Children also enjoy spiritual teachings in the ways of the Light and foretelling of the outside worlds.

Commerce and Trade : River Entrance Trading Center

The infrastructure of the Mystoria is more a communal Utopia where excess is brought to the River Entrance trading center to be shared distributed as needed throughout the kingdom and or collected by the Truth Seekers and traded to outside nations. The trading outside their lands is a new process in the making as the time has come to Rejoin the World.

The Truth Seekers are healers in their own right with the ability to speak with animals and into the minds and hearts of men. Their touch has the ability to give out both pleasure and pain to others though it does have limits and drains the individual after a time. This can be replenished but the requirement is drinking the soul essence out another and to date none have used the gift. Identified in the Awakening Ritual and trained in language, negotiations and social etiquette used as scouts and are refined to speak for the country as missionaries and set up alliances for the kingdom. New Kingdoms visited might find it strange the scout can efficiently speak their language.

Note : Picture is of Current Choosen and there are 12 that have been awakened and in training for the task .

Considered Exports :

Medicine ...healing ointments, sensual ointments
Wood/Rough cut boards: Oak, Walnut, Maple, Cherry, Rosewood, and Mahogany
Small crafted boats and or woodworked items as negotiated.
Handcrafted Bows and Arrows
Silks and Lace
Nuts, Berries, Herbs, Teas
Erotic Chocolates
Breads
Various Tobacco –plain and gifted

Considered Imports :

Gems, Pearls, Silver, Turquoise
Colored Glasses or Crystals
Bronze, Copper
Metal Ore to make arrows and wood working tools and daggers
Light Swords, Metal Shields, and Light Chain style armor
Tanned Hides
Exotic Fruits , Vegetables
Grains , Rice
Musical instruments

Crafterians Guild

The guilds serve as training center for various craftsmen in the kingdom each is customized for specific fields including Woodworking , Pottery, Leather making , Finer fabrics and lace , Jewelers , Metalworkers. Some items crafted can be blessed by the Priests of the Mist.

Culinarians : Perfectionist in the making of Elfin breads, cakes ,pies , jams , chocolates , candies , Curing of meats and fish  and drying of fruits and vegetables. Other duties include the storing of food sources and preparations to feed the people.

Herbarians: Study of herbs collected and used as spices, creation of tobaccos, pleasure ointments, medicines, healing potions and ointments. Tasks include tending to small box style gardens throughout the kingdom.

Defense :

Archarians of the Woods. A group consisting mainly of males that protects the borders and discourages trespassers from entering the realm. Poison dipped arrows are used to make the incoming fall into a deep sleep while they are brought to the Queen to decide the trespassers fate. The poison can be increased to cause death in times of war but that has been avoided for many years. The archers also hunt to bring back meat and furs used by the kingdom.

The mountains surrounding the Utopia are the home of exotic White Winged Gryphon type beasts that lives in harmony with the Mystorians . As fish and food is shared between them, Their services then are given in a form of protection and can be called by the blow of the golden horn. It is not uncommon for the elite archers and scouts to mount and ride these glorious beasts. Beastarians handle the care of the domestication of these and other animal creatures such as hawks, bears and wolfs. Able to call forth the animals to stand beside them in battle armed with spears and throwing knifes and metal shields.

Moved here from below instructions - working on this .

Warriors

Have three traits
a) Fighting (if they are personally fighting something)
b) Tactics (if they have 10-50 people with them (depending on your nation a standard group could me 10 very well equiped ones or 50 not so well armoured ... etc you get the idea)
c) Strategy (how well they coordinate groups of 10-50 people)

Ratings are :"Adept" "Capable" "Impressive"

Mages have three types of abilities

a) Environment - weather + sea OR plants
b) Summoning
c) Charms ( effects on people or beasts )
d) Instilling (making crude magical items on the fly - these will be one use things)

For each of your mage leaders choose to assign those three rating three of these and give some description of what its like. Note that there is no magic glowing anything when you cast spells (all effects have to seem an unnatural way of triggering something psuedo-natural - if you summon a demon it doesnt appear out of thin air ... it appears from the shadows and may take a while to arrive)

Kate

ok i like it.

two things

a) If these poisoned arrows are the nations military ace it is unlikely it would sell posioned arrows or any poisons (as they dont want others to get tollerant to it or experiment making their own troubles invunderable to its effects)

b) Your a little underpowered compared to other nations - what you can do is sit on this for a while and see how the next two nations turn out. IF the next two nations seem to be more like yours in power i may remove some benefits from the previous two - or give them some extra issues they have to manage.

If they come out like the other nations (in power) I may get you to choose something that gives your nation an edge (as it doesnt seem that nasty militarily nor does it have raelly any edge in witchery ...

chances are it will be yours that has to be beefed up .. my thoughstr may be

a) Your face being peaceloving has endeared itself to one type of magical creature which normally does snub civiliations of mankind. (flying creature like a
http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gryphon.jpg
.. which your elite archers and scouts use as mounts.

b) Your extremely well thought of by "neutral" nations (due to your races non-agressive nature and how appreciative they are of your healing products).

(probably both).

Sasha

Oh  I love that lovely flying creature ....so delightful . So stealing that bird . thank-you ..hugs and kisses.

I know I put myself to a disadvantage ...but there are more ways to win a war besides brawn. Snickers .

It would be highly doubtful they would sell the poisons ..but might be a card that has to be played with a well tested alliance to gain something they need as in assistance in battle. Especially if one of them power hungry nations think they are going to take over ...bullying bastards . Shakes fist at them.

I was rather going with the idea that they don't care much for outsiders but have come to the point that the intruding barbarians /orcs or whatever nasty things crawl out of those mountains on occasion are becoming a worry. We don't just know how evil these other kingdoms are ...shall be an interesting journey. I am excited .

I will just continue to build my little Utopia slowly ...and watch and see . Any helpful suggestions are welcomed.

Urbanzorro

Here’s my attempt at getting into the game hopefully it’s well done, please let me know what you think and if anything needs to be changed/edited.

Belka

Brief History
Once a simple mining settlement focused on the vast ore deposits found within a the deep canyon of Belk from which the settlement took its name, the people of Belka were both amazed and astounded when one dig sight unearthed something unexpected. The remains of a dark and majestic castle. After a year’s worth of work they had unearthed it enough to explore. Upon opening the doors they were met by a single soul. A young woman no older than her 20’s who possessed a strange aura. They had no way of knowing it but she was a lesser demon who had been imprisoned in the castle to wait until she was set free by the one who would rule at her side in the new kingdom they would forge. She quickly slew all but one of the men who had entered the castle saying unto him “You will be my king”  and thus the kingdom of Belka was first brought into the world. The demon promised power and protection to any who would follow her, and worship her for it was from this worship that she gained her powers. Many of the settlement’s population could not resist the temptation, those few noble souls who did found themselves beset by the demons restored power. Slowly and painfully transforming into brutish, un-aging beasts unable to do anything but follow the orders of their ‘queen’ it was their newfound strength upon which the city itself was rebuilt, to fit the new image of its rulers and it is by their labor that the kingdom’s many forges burn day and night. After 30 years both the King and Queen seem to have not aged a day, and the populace has entered a cast system. With the lowest rung occupied by the ones who originally chose not to follow the queen and their offspring, above them are the craftsmen and merchants, then general soldery, next the nobility, followed by the military's high command, and finally the Queen the King. The placment of the military's commanders over the nobels was a decision made by King Harkonon himself. His reasioning being that the military was always going to play a bigger part in maintaining the security of Belka then the Nobles ever would. As well as the fact that he was far less likely to be stabbed in the back by an old general than a young Nobel. This has led to a strong military tradition in almost all of Belka’s upper ranks, with each Nobel house attempting to gain stature by advancing the military ranks. As a result of this the Nobel’s hold very little if any real political power unable to co-operate with one another and more set on gaining individual power. Leading to a distinct lack of dissent against the King simply because there is no one with enough power to voice any complaints who has not already passed the point of no return with regards to serving the King. It has also fostered a culture of military idealism, with most if not all Belkan’s seeing their military as the most honorable of all professions. In addition to all this a cult has sprung up dedicating itself to worshiping the “Demon Queen of Belka”, as they call her.

The kingdom itself is small, due both to its small population, which no matter how many ‘re-population drives’ are held will still take many years to truly grow from the size of a single city, and by the fact that the queen’s powers only extend a short way’s past the canyon. She simply does not have enough people worshiping her to extend her power any further. And she along with the king and the elite guard are the only ones with access to any real magical items. To make up for this every member of the military is trained to the best possible level, and equipped with the strongest armor and weapons that Belka’s forges can manufacture.

Resource Situation: Belka for all its changes is still sitting on a very rich ore deposit, as a result they are capable of producing more metal than they would ever need in a single year, even on a full war footing they would have quite the surplus. In addition to this they are constantly quarrying the walls of the canyon for stone. This means that they are able to export both the luxury of metal made goods and the necessity of stone building supplies. But this blessing is also a curse, the very forges that provide for them also take away. The land has become barren and dark as a result of the constant ash blown into the air. As a result of their lack of plant life and people with any supernatural healing abilities. They are constantly attempting to import both food, and medicines that they cannot derive from plants or the modest amounts of livestock able to survive in Belka.

Goods In surplus:

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Metal Tools

Metal Weapons

Metal Armor

Stone Masonry equipment

Stone for building

Goods in Shortage

Foodstuffs

Wood

Livestock (Chickens, Cattle, Oxen)

Manpower

Medicines derrived from plants

Medicines derrived from magic

The City of Belka
http://www.24oranges.nl/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/project_indigo_2.jpg
It is a dark and mournful place its sky filled in equal measure with the grunts and moans of the laboring slave beasts, the din of a hundred forges, and the chanting of an untold number of cultists worshiping their fell deity. 

The Castle
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/Zelda_Rider/dark_castle.jpg
Known to its people simply as the Castle, King Harkonen and his Queen’s residence houses himself, his dark bride, and the majority of Belka’s military when it is not out on patrol or training to further its readiness. 

The Queen:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p294/krunk357/dark/DarkElf-050901.jpg
The Dark Queen, The Goddess, Demon in her life she has gone by these and many other names, though to those who she holds dear she is simply know as Sapphire. A creature of pure indulgence she exists forever tied to her King until his death, then she searches out a new King and follows the same pattern. She had waited many years to finally be free of her prison, and as it was decreed she now serves the strongest of those who freed her. She is a creature attracted to one thing and one thing only…power. She has no fear and no moral qualms she will do anything to further her goals which at this point are the preservation of Leland and the realization of his desires. It is not by choice that she does these things, rather by need it is what she was born to be and she revels in it. Her personality can be summed up in the one tenant that she handed down to her ‘faith’ “Thou Shalt Be Strong”

The King:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/ac/Warrior_Silver_Eagle_armor_m.jpg
Once known as Leland Harkonen, now King Harkonen is a strong willed man, it was he who originally founded Belka back when it was simply a mining town, intent on making his fortune through the mines. When things didn’t turn out as well as he had thought he began to lose hope of ever having any real power. It was then that they discovered the castle and his whole life changed. Now having been equally responsible for the raising of his kingdom he knows that tough times are likely to be ahead but has no fear that if played right the situation could easily be turned to his nation’s advantage, he won’t see his chance at greatness stripped away from him. On a personal note he has been known enjoy all the pleasures of the flesh, whether they be as simple as refined as an artistic masterpiece, a beautiful piece of music, or more carnal in nature.  He is rarely seen by the public outside of his armor. Simply because he prefers to put up an image of being the invincible military protector in an effort to keep his peoples faith.

The Prince:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/080/0/8/Dark_Elf_male_by_kerembeyit.jpg
He is Horus, son of Leland and Sapphire, and The Crown Prince of Belka, he inherited his mother’s unworldly looks and his father’s will and enjoyment of his every desire. He is cold blooded and efficient, ready to make a name for himself. He now serves as his father’s second in command on all things military and will soon serve as Belka’s ambassador to the outside world. 

Average Warrior:
http://www.danscottart.com/Images/DarkElfCavalry.jpg
The average Belkan solder is well trained as both an infantryman and a horseman and equally capable of serving both positions. This is a necessity due to their small numbers. Each solder goes to battle confidant that he is clad in full armor and armed with the best weapons that Belka’s forges can  manufacture. And that as long as they are within their own lands they have the protection of their Queen’s magic watching over them. Those members of the officer ranks have the further benefit of knowing that their armor and weapons were produced in Belka’s Blessed Forge. A mettle works which is operated by the Queen’s cult and sacrifices production capacity for the fact that every item created in it bears a small portion of magic, allowing blades to cut deeper and armor stand stronger than would normally be possible.

Elete Warrior:
]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa220/gothdeath904/Anime/Dark_Elf_900.jpg]There a never more than 3 of these women in existence at one time, one for each member of the royal family they serve as the family’s direct protectors, having been chosen from only the most promising of Belka’s young women they have each undergone many sessions with The Queen, undergoing many protective spells and learning to use what magic they can. They along with the Queen represent the only magic power in Belka. Which they wield with a skill that few can ever hope to match. They are the royal bodyguards.

The People: as a whole the people of Belka are a suspicious and wary lot, knowing that the practices they keep would most likely not go over well with those outside the kingdom, and also knowing that their small size could make them a potential target they are always on the watch for the day when they will be forced to defend themselves. They take a very bleak view of life seeing it not so much as a precious commodity but simply a circumstance of existence. With a firm belief in the afterlife they do not fear death, nor do they have any qualms about causing the deaths of others.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sydonai

Vassaloth's Emblem

Nation’s Name: Vassaloth

Nation’s Ruler: The Witchking Seraphicus Deathwail

Population: 100503
          Shadow Elves(majority): 72.14%
          Human (Refugees): 12.03%
          Lizardfolk(natives): 8.84%
          Shadow Dwarves(refugees):: 7.35%

Landscape:Arid Wasteland(50.5%)
                 Mountains & hills(29.2%)
                 Swampland(20.3%)

Religion: Seharane Zenunnim (Dark/Shadow Elf’s Goddess of Lies and Manipulation)
               Illum(Human’s God of Enlightenment)
               Thornbeard Darkforger(Dark/Shadow Dwarven God of Betrayal and Forgery)
               Sekk’r (Lizardfolk’s Swamp God)

Resources(exportable):

• Mithril Ore
  • Gemstone(sapphire, Ruby, Opal)
  • Limestone
  • Swamp game(swamp Worm, swamp Cockatrice, alligator, swamp snake, freshwater fish)
  • Slaves
  • Swamp herbs & Medicines
  • Ceramics

Resources Lacked:

• Agricultural food(Bread, Grain, Rice, etc)
  • Clothing
  • Fresh Water
  • Magical Items/ artifacts
  • Wood
  • Ores besides mithril
  • Spices

Regions Controlled:
                           -Capital: Vendigroth City(Wastelands Citadel)
                           -Other City: Mystellar(City Of the Mountains)
                           -Forts: 3(Fort Ashewind, Fort Ashamur, Fort Azure)
                           -Towns:7(Attelar, Astrucan, Sampyr, Rubiville, Opal Town, Shekh’tar Enclave, Karakh’tar Enclave)                  

Background: The kingdom of Vassaloth most important background was that it was still a newly formed nation, just over a hundred years old and it was formed near the end of an armed rebellion against the Dark Elven Empire. The kingdom of Vassaloth is led still by the witchking Seraphicus Deathwail, a successful shadow elven general in the service of the matron mothers of the dark elven society. His resentment towards the mistreatment and discrimination against his people by the dark elven society instigated him into leading the armed rebellion against the dark elven empire. The armed rebellion failed ofcourse and he and the remaining of his followers and supporters were forced to flee to the surface and northward far from the reaches of the dark elven empire where they established a nation in the mountainous area surrounded by arid wasteland and a strange swampland further southward.

During the armed rebellion against the matron mothers, other slave races of the dark elven empires also took up armed and joined the witchking, amongst them are the human slaves and shadow dwarves. Those of them who survived quickly fled with the witchking and his followers to the surface to help build a free nation for themselves.

The first hundred years had been hard on the peoples of Vassaloth, despite the fact that they built their nation in the wastelands to escape from their past enemies and perhaps to avoid any contact with future enemies, the wastelands has home to many wastelands dwellers now turn to marauders as well as bandits and barbarians from the mountains. Two cities were built, Vendigroth as the capital city and Mystellar as the city of the mountains where most of the shadow dwarves dwell. Each city had been plagued with bandits and marauders problem for nearly a century, Vendigroth itself suffers fro multiple invasion by the wasteland marauders and Mystellar from barbarian tribes that dwells in the mountains. Their rocky start however did little to dissuade this hardy people to take on another exodus, infact with each time the defense force of both city successfully turn away the barbarian and the marauder's raids and attacks it only made the Vassalothians that much bolder.

The shadowguards were formed 40 years after the founding of Vassaloth to deal with the constant threat of barbarians and marauders, these shadowguards started out as simple militia units formed to protect their home, over time this ill trained militia who had many times turn away the tides of enemies at their gate became trained veterans in the art of warfare and that's how the shadowguards came to be, the biggest military organization in Vassaloth. Sixty years after the founding of Vassaloth, witnessing the resounding successes of Vassaloth against the wastelands marauders and mountain barbarians, the lizardfolks of the two enclave finally decided to meet with the representative of Vassaloth. Deals were made to ensure their continued independence and security in exchange for whatever the swamplands could offer and it was then that the lizardfolks finally joined the kingdom of Vassaloth.

Society
Vassaloth is governed by a complete monarchical rule of the witchking, being a shadow elf himself he gave most political powers to his own people. Discrimnation is rampant in Vassaloth but to the humans, shadow dwarves and the other races that escaped from the Dark Elven Empire, the discriminatory policy of the shadow elven government is much more preferred compared to the slavery at the hands of their cruel dark elven masters and mistresses, while the swamp folks had only joined the Vassaloth kingdom for protection, in return their resources of the swamps as well as their expertise in warfare are shared with the rest of the nation. The witchking however doesn't rule alone, the more meager aspect of governing were left to the shadow council, a group of shadow elven nobles with political power of their own, each ruling over a piece of the land and are directly responsible for the welfare of the people and the development of the land they governed.

The Witchking handles affairs at the national level compared to the shadowlords who governs the state affairs, he is helped by his consorts, the brides of the witchking, sorceress and witches of great powers chosen for their noble bloods and their powerful and useful talent in magic.

As in any multispecies nation, the social hierarchy of the kingdom of Vassaloth are highly imbalanced, most of the political power are given to the Shadow elves making them the absolute rulers of Vassaloth, the human society of Vassaloth became merchants, and had only recently began forming their own merchant guild at the behest of the witchking. The Shadow dwarves had been given two mining towns to dwell in provided the empire with the constant supplies of ores and gems for the nation to use either to trade or to turn into another good they can use for the betterment of Vassaloth. The Lizardfolks had long dwell in the mysterious swamp nearby, having been outcast from the rest of the broods they formed their own brood but after sustaining many battles with marauders from the nearby hills, a consensus was reached that would have them annexed into the Vassalothians society in exchange for protection and their special right as the indigenous race of the swampland.

The nation of Vassaloth is well diversed enough to turn their multispecies nation into an advantage, the mountainous area where they had settled in is home to near endless reserves of mithril ores and many abandoned gemstone mines of civilization long forgotten. The shadow dwarves became the main contributors for this endeavor, they became the engineers of the advanced mining technology as well as the overseers of the slave labors working at the mines. The human slaves of the dark elven society were granted full freedom for their support of the armed rebellion and true to their human nature of tenacity and greed, most of these humans were able to become a small time merchant of Vassaloth thanks to the stolen loots they recovered during the armed rebellion, as such the human society of Vassaloth is a valued member of the shadow elven nation thanks to their contribution to the economy of Vassaloth. The lizardfolks makes up the forth largest population in Vassaloth, they are not directy governed by the Shadow Council but instead by the elders of their enclave. The lizardfolks provides the Vassalothian nation with many benefits of the swamplands, including the nation's main source of food, herbs and their expertise in warfare.

Military                 
The kingdom of Vassaloth maintains a strong army of over 6000 troops comprises mostly of shadow elves with a few detachments of human troops and elite lizardfolk stalkers. There are three separate military organizations of Vassaloth, The Shadowguards, The Enclave and the Blackhand. Although all three of them works separately, usually giving rise to the situation of the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, they all answer to the Witchking. Currently, the Shadowguards maintains a land army of over 3000 troops while the Enclave have well over 3000 Lizardfolk warriors is the mainstay of Vassalothian Cavalry forces and the blackhand are an army of elite soldiers and assassins working directly for the Witchking.

The Shadowguards are the mainstay of Vassaloth military, primarily made up for shadow elves as well as a few human detachments and shadow dwarven rune mechanists. Humans in the Shadowguards serves mostly as healers, Shadow Archers and Illum Priests providing support on the field of battle. The shadowguards[1] [2] are the organization main battle troops, usually the first to be deployed on the field of battle and the last to leave them.

The Enclave is the military organization of the lizardfolks. True to their years of dealings and consensus reached between the Vassalothians and the enclaves, the lizardfolks military does not answer directly to the Shadow Council as such they operate separately from the main body of the Vassalothian armed forced. The lizardfolks uses the Rukh'tar as their mount and serves as the Vassalothians main cavarly force.

The blackhand are the secret sect of assassin's, spies and elite ruthless warriors serving the Witchking directly. Only the best of the best are chosen to become either the Shadow Assassins of the blackhand or the Deathguard of the Witchking.

Since mithril is in abundance in the mountainous areas of Vassaloth, it has become the nation's primary ore for forging standardized armors and weapons for the Vassalothian nation. Mithril being a lighter and stronger metal(except adamantium) prevails over other types of metal however they are severely weak against magical attacks. Also, the rune mechanists of the shadow dwarves rarely ever fought on foot and would usually rely on their mechanical weaponries, mithril however could not be used for this purpore and the nation of Vassaloth had to continuously import metal ores and woods from other nation to supply the rune mechanists with the needed raw materials to construct their armaments.

VIPs of Vassaloth
QuoteWitchking Seraphicus Deathwail(Current Ruler of Vassaloth)

Background: Born Seraphicus Vassalothica, to a family of impoverished dark elven noble family, he was soon cast out to the street after his entire family was massacred for actively denouncing the matron mothers and their matriarchal governance. He was forgiven for the crimes his family had committed through his military contribution to the dark elven empire especially of his last campaign of subduing a dark dwarven thane. Seraphicus is born a natural leader and has a knack of coming up with spontaneous strategies that could turn the tide of battle in a short time. The turning point of his life when he met a seer during one of his campaign who foretold of his rise to power and a vision of him sitting on a throne. Guided by the false belief that the throne the seer meant is the throne of the empress of the dark elven empire, he set out on his well planned armed rebellion, unfortunately most of the allies that promised him their support backed off at the most crucial moment at the siege of the capital city.

He was cast out of the dark elven empire, fearing that if he's caught the penalty for treason would be death in the most excruciatingly painful way. Those slave warriors who had joined him since the beginning of the armed rebellion follows him fearing for their safety as well. They fled to the surface where they marched further for a week or so before finding upon himself a ruin of an old civilization in the middle of the barren wasteland, believing that the land might hold an undiscovered opportunity, he decided to set up his own kingdom there with the refugees of the armed rebellion and named his newly formed nation Vassaloth in honor of the destroyed noble house where he comes from.

Warrior Skill:
-Fighting: Capable
-Tactics: None
-Strategy: Impressive

Mage Skill:
Summoning: Adapt
Seraphicus wouldn't be called a witchking if he lacked the power to cast a few spells atleast, the ruins where he build Vendigroth on has well preserved library and before the ruins were completely demolished to give way to the construction of Vendigroth City, the books that are related to magic were piled and hauled away to the witchking's tower and there he had learned the art of summoning. Though his power isn't that impressive yet he could summon any medium sized creature to aid him or his troops in battle.

Summon Air Elementals: The ability to summon 6 foot air elementals that could tore apart enemies with the use of wind alone. At his current level, the witchking may summon a few of these but not much to entirely turn the tides of a battle.

Lady Asharess, the Sorceress

Background: A noble at birth but she was cast out of her family for failing in one of her mission set out by the matron mother of her noble house, Asharess have had a shaky start in her career as a sorceress whose status and job is highly admired and in demand by the dark elven empire, yet one botched mission and she was cast away by her families immediately. The witchking rescued her from a slave camp during one of his campaign and ever since then Asharess has been following the witchking's campaign and exploit as one of his top military commander and adviser in his court.

Currently, she commands her own detachments of bladewitches, an elite corp of the blackhand finest troops aside from the witchking's personal bodyguard, the deathguard. There have been rumors circulating that the witchking means to add Sithera as one of his mistresses at his garden of concubines, if this is so she is officially a bride of the witchking and that would give her a greater political power than she could have ever dreamed when she was just an adept sorceress back with the dark elven empire. Lately, the witchking has been favoring Asharess by sending her for a diplomatic mission after years of keeping to themselves, it is apparent the witchking trusts her enough to deal with this delicate matter wisely, as such Asharess also acts as a high ambassador of Vassaloth.

Warrior Skills:
-Fighting: None
-Strategy:Capable

Mage Skills:
-Environment: Adapt
Having learned magic since she was but a child, Asharess knew much about elemental magic and had been seen using it as her primary arsenal when threatened. Despite her charming and beautiful look, she can quickly turn into a nightmare made manifest when she started casting fireballs and calling down storms upon her enemies.

Fireball: The fireball spell varies in size, during dry or sunny weather the fireball can grew into an explosive magnitude that could blast an entire squad of, perhaps not killing them entirely but sending them away with their tails between their legs most certainly.

-Charms:Impressive
Where she is in her social hierarchy she would certainly need this spell, the spell to charm others around her. Asharess is already an attractive shadow elf but in order to capitalizes on that advantage she had also learned the power of charm. This school of magic allows her to captivate her allies into fighting harder or terrifies her foes and discouraging them from fighting against her.

Charm Person: This spell enables the spellcaster to charm the target. The target of the spell has to be a sentient being with a soul to manipulate and corrupt as she sees fit, with this spell she would make herself look more seductive and attractive to control her prey however the success of her spell depends on the target itself, it would be a cakewalk when she uses the spell to charm a simple farmer at a backwater town to give in to her demand but would be harder on a powerful mages or wizards who have had mental resistance prior to meeting her.

Fear: Asharess may not be the best of commanders on a battlefield but that does not mean she is completely useless, where other warleaders strive through the use of cunning battle tactics she may simply cast her way out of it. The fear spell enables her to instill terror on a group of enemy infront of her compelling them to retreat through the power of suggestion that they would certainly die if they continue to invoke her wrath, but again, the success of this spell depends entirely on the target, it would be easier to instill fear on a group of militia who lacked any real military training but it would be nigh impossible to penetrate the minds of elite fanatical soldiers who would rather commit suicide than return home ashamed.

Commander Armis Sarel

Background:Formerly a wandering mercenary leading a small band of freelancers. During one of a marauder raids into one of the Vassaloth's town, the band of mercenaries led by Armis came to the rescue of the town(the town elder had to pay him later on). He was later bought to the attention of the witchking when his second exploit saw him leading his men and the inexperienced town militia against a horde of slavers and marauders who wishes to raid the town. He won a great victory against the marauders and was awarded for his service and bravery by the witchking himself when he offers him a permanent seat in his court as one of the commanders leading the human forces of Vassaloth. Eager to make a name of himself through political means, Armis quickly accepted and was given command of his original band of mercenaries as well as the human detachments in the shadowguard.

Armis came from one of the outlying human villages further east and when on his adventure when his village was raid. Harboring deep hatred for these barbaric scums he had made it his personal agenda to rid the land of their kind and would do anything to achieve this means even through unscrupulous means. Though his method was questionable, there was nothing questionable about his success and the witchking favors such people of talent.

Warrior Skills:
-Tactics: Capable
-Strategy:Capable

Sithera, the Enclave Shaman

Background: As a hatchling, Sithera has shown remarkable skill in shamanistic arts and when she had grew matured she was quickly made into an apprentice of the enclave shamans. Studying under the tutor of her former master, she had learned to control the elements as well as creating totems and artifacts out of thin air, for the benefit of her people and the demise of her enemies, so powerful and talented was she that she had helped turn the tide of battle against the barbarians plaguing her enclave several times since the death of her master at the hands of the barbarians.

Infact she was amongst the first who had supported the idea of forming an alliance with the kingdom of Vassaloth seeing as how they themselves are plagued by the same problem. She also has a reputation of being ruthless in making sure her suggestion and plans came to fruitation, making sure that certain groups of lizardfolks who opposes to the idea of union between her enclave and Vassaloth met an accidental demise.

Warrior Skills:
-Strategy:None

Mage Skills:
-Environment: Capable
Poison Fume: Sithera can cast a spell that conjures poisonous gas to appear in a very small area, creating some sort of natural trap for enemy to walked in. The poisonous gas is fatal and would begin to cripple her enemies when they breathed it in but it would only work against an enemy that actually breathe(automatons of any kind would be virtually immune to this)

-Instilling:Impressive
Totem: Her best skill is that of conjuring totems, this can truly help her when she's leading a large army and summoning a totem in the middle of the battlefield that would instill her troops with renewed vigor to kill their enemies. However the totem would only work as far as it stands, the moment the totem was destroyed by the enemy the benefit would quickly disappear and her troops would have to fight on equal footing with the enemy

Kate

Still room for 1 more girl player (3 guy nations 2 gurl nations so far) ... however we have enough to go ...
----------
Belka 

"the lowest rung occupied by the ones who originally chose not to follow the queen and their offspring, above them are the craftsmen and merchants, next the nobility, followed by the military, and finally the Queen the King. A cult has sprung up dedicating itself to worshiping the “Demon Queen of Belka”, as they call her."

... so military can boss around nobility ? really ? (typo there i think if not talk of the relations and cultural ramifications of military being in control and royalty mainly directing mundane matters)

Also be explicit with trading goods (like how Vassaloth had listed them).

Scribbles

I adore everything you have done save one thing - some of your main protagonists are cartoony and "cute". This is a dark age fantasy game. Can you change your other protagonists pics to be more like your mage and the queen in feel and presence (ie you can picture them walking out of a painting).

Kate

All,

The map of the known world is this but seas are currently dominated by piriates to know much of what lays beyond this coast line (that may change if one of you builds a decent navy).

http://thevalcian.deviantart.com/art/Valcia-Regional-Fantasy-Map-117923496

I want you all to choose 3 places where you think your nation may start
(all of your nations know about as much what is summarised ... plus roughly where they are )

... i will make some neutral nations (Which will be much stronger than all of yours) after placements are chosen. how much room a starting nation that is quiet tight would take up on this map would be about the area of the size the island that holds camp haedus (west of the main land mass) how much room a starting sparcely populated nation would take up (barren/desert nations) would be 3 times that.

*************** your witches and warrior leaders ************

I have noticed that some main protagonists are witches or are deemed powerful warriors
this is how "power" will work. (This is not a system game so dont expect these things to change that much)

Warriors

Have three traits
a) Fighting (if they are personally fighting something)
b) Tactics (if they have 10-50 people with them (depending on your nation a standard group could me 10 very well equiped ones or 50 not so well armoured ... etc you get the idea)
c) Strategy (how well they coordinate groups of 10-50 people)

For each of your warrior leaders choose to assign this rating to their traits (if they are good with poisons or whatever it will be assumed that is part of their style not a separately managed thing).

Mages have three types of abilities

a) Environment - weather + sea OR plants
b) Summoning
c) Charms ( effects on people or beasts )
d) Instilling (making crude magical items on the fly - these will be one use things)

For each of your mage leaders choose to assign those three rating three of these and give some description of what its like. Note that there is no magic glowing anything when you cast spells (all effects have to seem an unnatural way of triggering something psuedo-natural - if you summon a demon it doesnt appear out of thin air ... it appears from the shadows and may take a while to arrive)

.... Other than your leader (who always stays in your city) choose the leaders that your interested enough with to role play personally (can not be more than 3) the other leaders your queen can tell to do things but when they do their thing i control that (you dont know what happens to them unless they appear or send messages). The leaders your role play will have buddies with them ... i need to be able to role play one of their companions when dealing with that leader (so tell me what sort of buddies you have around those leaders you role play).

Each of you also create a thread in #  Elliquiy Role Playing Forums »# Play-By-Post: Non-Consensual Exotic » # NC: Exotic-System Small Groups »

"Kings and Queens - Nation of <YourNationName>"

and paste its link here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57777.0

when all are done i will amalgamate properly.

i) Please have your pics as true embedded pic not a links (asking any in chat how will point you in the right direction).

ii) Try and format it so it gives justice to the feel of your nation

OF the three candidate starting locations you chose for your nation I will choose one after knowing everyone's choices... then the role play will start properly... when that happens I will start role playing from the thread you made for your nation... if one of your leaders makes it to another nation they start posting in your thread.

When they are trecking in areas outside everyone's nation I will create specific threads for their adventure (they may end up linking with anothers also)

(This is ambitious so if any know any who wish to mutually story tell this also please let me know, it would be good to have some redundancy if i cant post for a few days)

Scribbles

Quote from: Kate on January 11, 2010, 09:03:36 AM
Scribbles

I adore everything you have done save one thing - some of your main protagonists are cartoony and "cute". This is a dark age fantasy game. Can you change your other protagonists pics to be more like your mage and the queen in feel and presence (ie you can picture them walking out of a painting).

I'll try. The Paladin and Warrior should be easy enough but its the Twins which might be difficult.

Oh, and edited my nation! Added your suggestions via quotes, sometimes with small edits, if that's okay. Also have a fully written history but... I think there's enough reading.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

BigBadWolf

I'm still intend to join, but I'm was busy in the last few days, and I will be but I working on my nation.

Is it necessary that the leader of my nation always stays in the capital city?
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Sydonai on January 09, 2010, 06:07:28 AM
cool! currently me and hairyheretic are creating a system for a group-based roleplay that involves players controlling an entire nation, however there's still much flaws in it and until its ready count me as interested

*goes of writing two pages of nation profile...*

Plus I have a sci fi 4X system game of my own I am thinking about putting up here to beta test. I don't think there'd be any real crossover between the ideas though. Mine would likely appeal more to the wargamer / system gamer types.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kate

Ok bigbad, wolf you you are keen why not.

Give it a shot... I will accept you please put up your nation.

This has a chance to branch a lot into many threads so i will give it a go...
please guys this may take a while to settle into a flow .. also which redoubles
a desire for one to perhaps mutually storytell - please put your feelers out if you can.

Sasha

Okay ..I need clarification please. Since I was building more a peaceful type Kingdom and main reason for warriors is Defense. The reasoning we are opening up is more to Trade and improve our Defenses to keep our little neck of the woods safe. I was not really looking to expand the Kingdom though visitors that can behave themselves might be nice. I was going with more the Exploratory route by sending out the Truth Seeker and maybe one or two Priests of the Mist ..could maybe put in an Archarian in the party. Seeking out the world with a small party lets say.

Quote.... Other than your leader (who always stays in your city) choose the leaders that your interested enough with to role play personally (can not be more than 3) the other leaders your queen can tell to do things but when they do their thing i control that (you dont know what happens to them unless they appear or send messages). The leaders your role play will have buddies with them ... i need to be able to role play one of their companions when dealing with that leader (so tell me what sort of buddies you have around those leaders you role play).

So in my situation ..I am playing the 2 persona Queen who never leaves the Castle. Her buddies would be the Queen's Court and normally 2 Priest of the Mists are with her. Access to her would be the masters of each guild , elite generals types . Only Public appearances would be at Awakening Ceremonies .

Then I pick 3 characters to play ...ie ..The Prince , The Princess , The Truth Seeker ..

The other leaders you control  ? With that I am assuming you are wanting to put up internal situations for the Kingdom to deal with which I have no problem with. If you want to play the group of archers on the north ridge if battle comes , fine by me. Or control a warrior riding a Gryphon per say ..no issue. < will be making Elite Archers and defining out abilities for the Beast Speakers , just not gotten that far sorry >

If your wanting to play a member of the team being sent out into the world to search out Alliance and trade , I have no issue with that. But I was looking forward to going to the other Kingdoms in a more peaceful manner that all out War type situations and looking for RP interactions.

Realizing you are controlling neutral nations and I was assuming that meant interactions with them could be possible as well. I have no issue with Obstacles being put in the way of even finding the nations.

I guess I just want clarification before putting anymore work into this.

Kate

sasha

.The Prince , The Princess , The Truth Seeker ..

In your case you control all of these. However I need you to rp them being with companions / body guards so i can take over what the body guards or their scouts say (what they find .. report etc)... so i will not control leaders in your case - only some other characters that accompany them.

Kate

scribbles - just a few grammatical corrections (im worse i know - and your directly quoting me anyway but i did make a few grammatical mistakes.)

Correction 1: "All injury short of death that the populous experiences during the turning becomes healed on their "awakening".

Correction 2: "Populous living under the reign of a blood daughter will over time become infused with that daughter's character traits and aptitudes. So much so, the nation effectively is an amalgamation of castes of each of the current blood daughter's specialty"