{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi pretended to think about it for a bit. "Hmm...I'm not sure Ally would like that much..." She mused out loud, licking her lips absently. She blushed at his compliment and passed him another full cup of coffee in his cup. "Just think, soon you will be able to jump and dance and race me again. And I might even talk you into jumping from the roof..." She teased, poking him lightly. She smoothed her hair and skirts, unconsciously making sure that everything was appropriately placed.

Mordred

"Yes, you are right I think... I think we'd maybe be barred from this lovely shop... can you imagine? And just when they have finally gotten used to our 'ways'. Although... I think we were dangerously close the other day when you gave me your blood. Did you see the look on Ally's face? I nearly doubled over in laughter if I wasn't at that moment drinking you down."
Watching Aoi smooth her hair and skirt... Rex felt his heart jump a bit faster. Yes, if anybody or anything in this world holds the key to my remedy, it's her. It has to be, he thought.
"But wait! I can still jump and dance... and hmmm... my long legs can still run circles around you, my adorable little pouter", Rex said jokingly for somehow she was always a faster runner. He always suspected she cheated, for he could outrun anybody else.
Waching her fill his cup, he had a sudden thought. "Each day I enter this place, there is always a cup waiting for me. I have thought about that... since Ally claims so vehemently there is no magic here in these walls. Is it you who always fills my cup?"
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blinked, "I don't remember her face, I think I fazed out a bit from not having given blood in such a long time." She could almost picture Ally's face looking shocked as the tangy scent of blood filled the room. Aoi laughed as he stated that he could still be as fast as her. "You know what," She whispered leaning in towards him, "Sometime, when we were older and you could outrun me, I would spread my vampire wings just a bit to help me..." She said giggling, smiling impishly.
When he asked about the coffee, she thought for a bit, shaking her head. "No, I've only filled it twice for you. Usually I feel a brush of air right before you enter and then it is there. And I know that Ally says that there isn't magic in this building but sometimes I think there is." She twirled her fingers around each other.

anon

Ally came out, bearing a tray of small sugared umbrellas. Pink bells jingled in her hair as she drew to a stop. She blinked between Rex and Aoi before giving a shrug and sliding the tray into the glass case.

"There's a reason why I don't like blood." Ally muttered, pulling a face as the tray was stuck. She jiggled it about for a moment before sliding it into the rack. "And," she straightened, the smile back on her face again, "I say that there's no magic in the building. But what do I know?" She pressed her fingers to her lips and winked. "Now what can I get for you two today?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi turned when Ally came in with her tray and walked over to the case. "Nice umbrellas Ally. They are very realistic looking." She turned to Rex, "Rex, don't you think these umbrellas are the cutest?" She said almost an octave shriller.
Aoi turned back to Ally, "Why don't you like blood?" She giggled at Ally's comment about magic. Before saying with a straight face, "You don't know anything about magic, the dancing pair with music just appeared out of thin air didn't they." She tried to keep a straight face for as long as possible before breaking down in giggles.
"Could I please get some chocolate covered cherries and a glass of something cold, anything really. Do you want anything Rex?"

Mordred

"Anon... today I have this craving for cinnamon... I'm not sure why. And hot chocolate sounds absolutely lovely! But what delicious tastes have you conjured back there? I will trust whatever you suggest."
Rex was about to agree with Anon about the blood... but then realized his thoughts about the crimson fluid have changed. Hmm, he thought, looking up at Aoi... what has she done to me? He glanced at her wrist for a moment before pulling his eyes away, smiling as he noticed her twirling her fingers.
"I haven't seen those wings of yours for a long time. Can they now take you soaring high into the air? If I look up late in the evening, will I see perhaps in a lucky moment, your silhouette pass before the full glowing moon?"
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally blinked at Aoi, caught off-guard by the giggles. The girl's personality was changing fast by day. "Something like that." Shaking her head, bewildered, she ducked beneath the glass case and plucked out three chocolate covered cherries from the small basket set in there, the glossy chocolate coating unmarred. Placing it on a small china, she ladled a cup of the hot chocolate, sprinkling cinnamon over the surface before tilting her head at Rex, grinning slightly. "So before I go and pick out something for your girlfriend to drink, are you sure you want to give me that much of a freedom in giving you whatever I wish?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

"Yes, those umbrellas are cute... but I have wondered at how effective they could possibly be." Rex suddenly imagined holding ten or so between his fingers, above his head.
"Mmmm, chocolate covered cherries", he thought, suddenly liking the idea of biting into something with red syrup. Shaking his head, again he wondered about that blood.
Scooting his chair closer to Aoi, he leaned close... "What have you done to me", he asked, chuckling nervously. "Apart from making me smile and making my heart speed in it's continuing rhythm... have you changed me at all?"
*See Pillory*

Mordred

"Ally, I will at this moment trust your instincts. Bring me whatever you, I hope, think I will enjoy. Plus a cinnamon roll." In a lower voice, "I'll swipe a few cherries", nodding towards Aoi.
"What?", he mocked in a silly way towards Aoi. "Huh?"
*See Pillory*

anon

"If you say so." Ally sang out before heading back into the kitchen.

She reappeared a few minutes later with a fountain glass of cream soda for Aoi and small chocolate truffles, dusted with white sugar powder and stuffed with wasabi on the inside. Plucking a fresh cinnamon bun and setting it on the plate, she brought the entire order to Aoi and Rex. "There you go. Enjoy yourself."

Bells jingling, she walked away, keeping track of Rex's reaction for his first bite into the truffles.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

Wow I am starving, Rex suddenly thought to himself as he plucked three of those delicious looking truffles from the lovely assortment of goodies.
Chewing away happily... a look of horror mixed with... suspicion... as he looked up to see Ally watching him.
Looking around manically, for something to drink, Rex starts coughing, madly coughing bits of chocolate and... oh god, he wonders... what the he-? Wasabi?
If he wasn't choking so crazily, he'd be laughing... but soon his face turned red as he scrambled to the bathroom... drinking water from the tap... splashing it everywhere, all over his clothes... desperately trying to drown out the taste of... wasabi.
Walking back out... still coughing a bit... his front drenched... but grinning... "Ohhhh you!" Shaking finger at Ally... "That was good! But why on earth do you have those little 'treats' made? For a moment when a fool like me says 'give me your best'?
Coughing, Rex sat across from Aoi... eyebrows lifted in a shrug... having learned his lesson. "Did you suspect I was making a bad move there?"
*See Pillory*

anon

"Something like that." Ally beamed at him. "Besides, you never know how good something is until you try it out, hm?" She winked at him conspiratorially. "And I did give you fair warning. So," she braced herself against the counter, her look expectant, "how was it? Too little chocolate? Not enough sugar?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

In a strained, raspy voice... "too much... hmm, too much something"... "Phew!"
Shaking his head, Rex knows now to never doubt Ally's 'deviously creative' nature. He is thoroughly impressed.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "Rex, you haven't liked cinnamon in ages." She smiled up at him, "You can see my wings when we aren't in here, little one." She teased. She twirled in circles, her arms in the air. Her laughter seemed to encompass Rex as she twirled in the room. She laughed as he sputtered from the wasabi. "Nice one Ally." She agreed, "I didn't do anything to you, Rex. You did it to yourself.." She bit her lip childishly.

Mordred

"Little one?"... Still very red in the face.. "Oh you adorable creature, when I close my eyes I see your wings.. but yes, I want to see them sprout out... to see what look you have on your face when pushing them out... or if now it happens naturally", remembering how her Aoi's lips would purse with thought.
But... my god, he thought... she has evolved since then, he remembered from the day before with her healing him.
Jumping up, he took her hands as she twirled, rotating with them above her head. "Be careful of that lip... don't want to accidentally draw any more blood in here", sticking his tongue out at Ally's back.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled slyly at the thought of him seeing her wings. She stuck her tongue out at Rex when he mentioned drawing blood. She felt her skirts slide against his pants and her legs, a sudden thought came to her. "Want to see my wings now?" She asked eagerly, looking at the window and watching the rain. "Be careful to not look straight at the rain, I haven't found a cure yet." She reminded him sternly. She moved to the door, as she opened the door she let a trickle of power flow out of her to shield her from the rain. She stepped out into her "bubble" of anti-rain. She smiled at Rex inside, then she looked upwards...Inhaled, exhaled and turned twice in a circle, flinging her arms out. Her wings spread out slowly, a malted black and auburn color that had a 15' wingspan. She smiled at Rex, her face radiant and just a tad embarassed about her wings. "What do you think Rex?"

Mordred

Rex stood.. walked to the door. Through the resistance as his foot pushed through... the bubble's wall. "Yes."
He then looked in both directions.. left.. then far back to the right. "Whoa, your wings... they got bigger."
"Lots bigger."
Pulling his last foot inside... Rex took Aoi's hand... "Let's go, oh my gorgeous winged girl."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blushed when he came outside and was just a little shocked that he could cross her barrier. It didn't bother her though because she was confident that he would not hurt you. She smiled, blushing as he looked at her wings. "Yes, they did." She replied as she cupped him within her wings. "We'll be back soon, Ally." She called out before she grabbed Rex tightly around the waist and launched into the sky, her wings still cupped around him. As they reached the peak of her jump, her wings snapped out and they soared. Together they felt the wind whip around them, the air turned cold until she enveloped them in a warmth bubble. They glided around the town, just enjoying each other's company. Aoi loved that she could show Rex what it was like to fly free. Slowly, she brought them down to the same place that they left, right in front of Corner Sweets. "How did you like it?" She asked Rex breathlessly, she really needed to start working her wings out. She swayed just a little as she retracted her wings, moving her shoulders a little to work out the kinks. "Let's get back inside where it's warm." She stated as her teeth started to chatter just a bit.

Mordred

Rex took her arm. "Yes", his teeth chattering but the exhilaration from the flight was amazing. Strangely familiar, but in a dreamlike way.
"I liked that very much."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, ushering him back into Corner Sweets and his perpetual cup of coffee. "Drink your coffee and try to stay warm." She chided softly, "I will be back soon. I'm going to go plead my case to the court and return your body and time shift back to its original state." She squeezed his hand, "I will be back." She whispered before slipping out the door back into the rain and disappearing into the soaking darkness.

Mordred

Mesmerized by the flight, Rex sat and sipped his coffee. Realizing he needed to see to an assignment, he jotted down a note for Aoi, slipping it under his cup.
Hmm, he thought, am I up to danger in this suddenly much older body?
Yeah, no problem, he thought as he departed.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi slowly walked into Corner Sweets, her midnight blue dress whirling softly against her ankles. She slowly sat down at the table with Rex's cup of coffee. She was so nervous but she was also very happy. "I wonder when he will come." She mused silently to herself, sitting at the table attempting to sketch. Her hands were shaking so badly that it was coming out badly. She amused herself by making illusion butterflies and flowers.

Mordred

Rex entered the corner sweets... worried but determined everything would be fine. Suddenly he was hit by how his entire body ached. Yet he hadn't slept so hopefully there was no worry about more instant aging. Sitting across from Aoi, he noticed there was a glass of refreshing water there before him. Amazed again... for he wasn't in the mood for coffee for some reason, he took a drink.
Watching Aoi sketch, he realized he was at that moment moving fast. She wasn't, he thought, aware he was there.
Concentrating, he slowed himself. Beads of sweat appeared on his forehead... it wasn't simply this time to alter his speed.
Slumping back in his seat, worried... he smiled weakly at Aoi, unable to speak... continuing to worry slightly about what was to happen.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi startled when Rex slumped in his seat. She hadn't heard him come in, that was very unusual. She smiled hesitantly, "Rex, I have an orb that you must eat. When it has fully metabolized into your blood stream, you will return to the age you should have been and you will no longer be able to speed up time. Do you understand?" She said seriously, holding out an orange ball slightly bigger than a softball. She held it out to him, willing him to take it. Praying that the next step wouldn't hurt, praying that the orb worked as it should.

Mordred

Rex hated swallowing large pills. He completely shuddered at the idea of eating this... thing Aoi held out towards him. "Eat.. that?" he asked... but seeing the determination on her face, he knew she wouldn't let him leave without doing so.
Taking it from her hands, he looked at his glass of water. "I'll get to you in a minute", he promised the suddenly delicious looking glass.
Realizing quickness was the only way to get through this, he started chomping on the orange ball. Chewing away, while guzzling water along with his mouthfulls, he kept looking towards Aoi, with an "I'll get you for this" look jokingly, mostly... on his face. A few retches, a few gags... and with eyes having shed many tears of frustration, he finally... finished.
After pouring water down his throat, he asked in a breath-gasping voice, "What on earth was that?"
*See Pillory*