Started by Lunakiri, July 30, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunakiri

Hrm....

So I just went to add contact information to my profile, and I noticed something. One cannot add a skype contact, even though MSN is defunct in all by China.

Is there any intention to have it that the MSN messenger field is replaced by a Skype messenger field?
The one that was lost amidst all the rubble. The one that will never be found again.

Thread ID used is my art thread! Check it out? =)

My Ons and Offs
IGNORE THE 'ROLEPLAY PREFERENCES PAGE - I can't figure that damned page out. So go by the above thread ONLY.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
If you want my skype, message me~ I'm more than willing to chat... just can't add it to my profile XD

Oniya

I believe that's been suggested as Veks continues to upgrade the site.  For now, the best places to put that would be in an O/O thread (the ones located here) or in an 'Apologies and Absences' thread (which quite honestly often serve as personal socializing threads for many people.)  Or, putting an invitation like the one you have in your signature is also fine.  (Just saw that!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lunakiri

Okies~ That works. Thanks for the quick answer ^^

I added somethin' to my signature, [not the actual thing. Don't worry. Not breaking any rules] for it too. But methinks I'll do as you suggested to~<3
The one that was lost amidst all the rubble. The one that will never be found again.

Thread ID used is my art thread! Check it out? =)

My Ons and Offs
IGNORE THE 'ROLEPLAY PREFERENCES PAGE - I can't figure that damned page out. So go by the above thread ONLY.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
If you want my skype, message me~ I'm more than willing to chat... just can't add it to my profile XD

BAMF

Also, Skype has the option to sign in with an MSN account since Skype sorta, well, ate MSN. So the MSN logo/symbol/option could also be seen as the Skype option.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Oniya

True, but if you click on someone's MSN icon here, it tries to pull up the MSN application as I recall.  So, while it might technically be a decent place to look for it, it has some practicality issues.  :-\
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

BAMF

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Thank you for clarifying, Oniya. <3 Usually, I just mouse over to get the address.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Vekseid

I was thinking about adding it but making all IM info 'buddies only'.

Psi

Quote from: Vekseid on July 30, 2014, 09:53:48 PM
I was thinking about adding it but making all IM info 'buddies only'.

You would have a significant influx of people into the "buddies" system.

Personally I don't mind some of my IM's being available to any member here, but I wouldn't load those I am concerned about here.
Maybe make it an optional either a All IM = Buddy / Global or perhaps specific IM's could be Buddy only.

Otherwise you might run into issues with Staff and Mentor's who have public "Mentor Specific" addresses in these areas.

Caeli

Quote from: Psi on July 31, 2014, 06:06:27 AM
You would have a significant influx of people into the "buddies" system.

Personally I don't mind some of my IM's being available to any member here, but I wouldn't load those I am concerned about here.
Maybe make it an optional either a All IM = Buddy / Global or perhaps specific IM's could be Buddy only.

Otherwise you might run into issues with Staff and Mentor's who have public "Mentor Specific" addresses in these areas.

I like the idea of making IM info a "buddies only" option - that is, you must be on Person A's list of buddies in order to see the icons / see their IM info in their profile.

But I think some people don't mind having their contact information readily available, so making that an option but allowing someone to have that information 'global' would be really useful.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs