Eternal Damnation [Sandbox, Extreme, Horror] - Interest Check

Started by Drake Valentine, January 08, 2015, 09:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not tolerate any nonsense or BS in my game, if you may feel this is too much or any the rules are, do not join.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
A. If player answer 'yes' in killable section of their template, then by all means their character is free game as death is not a permanent feature regardless.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

Disclaimer: This work(in progress) is merely inspiration from the first part(Inferno) of the 14th century, epic-poem, Divine Comedy. I, the creator of this game, have no views on religion and would prefer any joining members to not become bias OOC on whatever material may surface within the game itself. There are separate threads for such controversy and I will not tolerate any sudden debates polluting the request thread or my OOC thread once enough interest is gathered.  Keep in mind that Dante’s work was a mixture of Roman Catholicism, mythology, and medieval tradition and a good faction of these elements will be present in the RP, with my own spin to them as well. In hindsight; this is just a game, it is just literature, it is just for fun. If you are the easily offended type, then do not join. If you are sadistic or masochistic and mayhaps wish to put creations through horrifying events or have such done to yours, then by all means bookmark and keep a watchful eye.

Briefly you can recall your last breath
Darkness surrounding and devouring
The peaceful caress from death
Stills you from your cowering

Cocooned and lifted in a light
Overfilled with hope and glee
Essence pauses in its flight
Fear awakening with a plea

Gates before you just a dream
Light twisting and forming chains
Plummeting with a scream
Icy chill running through your veins

Numbers etching into your skin
Within weighted chains you thresh
Each reminding you of your sins
From burning and cindering flesh

Below the ground opens into a tunnel
Walls fleshly red and gummy
Blood caressing down like a runnel
The foulness leaving you scummy

Bones shattering with a solid blow
Helpless on the ground you lay
A distant light lingers with a glow
Painting stone bronze with its spray

Strangely the pain slowly ebbs away
Guttural growling echoing behind
Dragging yourself along rock and clay
Hoping it is you it doesn’t find

Landscape desolated as it is exposed
A single sign comically welcomes you
Fallen and towering pillars remain posed
Little information to allow a clue

Finally you are able to stand
But now you have a choice
None that would seem grand
Chains dissolving as you rejoice

Light above slowly fading
Sounds behind drawing near
Linger and suffer the invading
Of what stirs your fear

Or go forth into the unknown
The decision is yours to make
Staying here you may not atone
From all your former mistakes.
-Drake Valentine

True penance is required for salvation. Welcome to eternal damnation.

Regarding Game

As noted in titled, the game itself will be mostly sandbox, there is no main overlaying plot; which means, players are free to create whatever plot-lines they want, adventure/explore in a chaotic realm, or do just about anything(beyond escaping.) As a result, there will be very little restriction in creatable races; be they demons, minotaurs, harpies, and/or other beasties and monstrosities that may live in hell. That is not to say, players aren't free in playing damned souls as well, since those will be the ones subjugated to the most of the horrifying elements of the game; but if you want to bully some of the other races of hell, then that is fine as well. Death in game is not a permanent feature. I imagine most damned souls dying, they just slowly either heal or maybe 'respawn' somewhere else. I have, yet to work out those details. Demon and other residents death may take time to reincarnate, that is, if players really want to go about fighting/killing one another, but keep in mind the core rules on that. There will also be random GM events, but they will mostly be to keep the RP lively and nothing really 'major' game changing going on.

A Drake Valentine Teaser...

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

All Necessary Knowledge

Due to things being all over the place, I decided to edit and redo this. There may be a redo to the opening post as well, but for now most information can be found in the world building sections. Additional information will be provided at a later time.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

For All Those Enticed

Interest Check
Lingo
tormentedmale
Neomah
Song
Hotaru37

Darrow Huck

Drake Valentine

Well, I am in no rush, it is still a major WIP. I'll be happy just to finish working on it within the year(given building a world almost completely from scratch, by myself.) ^^

Joel

Hmm... this does sound really interesting, and I particularly like it because the setting skews character selection toward the dark and the bad.  The world does sound waaay too big for a small to medium sized group game though.  What if there was a central location where the action is generally focused.  Perhaps the city of Pandemonium?  And what if the hierarchy and nobility were the emphasis, such that the story is sorta Game Of Thrones-y with multiple competing Houses.  Then lasty, and sorta out there, but what if the means that demons acquire greater power is through the influence of events and lives in the mortal world?  So therefore, the game would include both a mortal realm component and hell.  Although now that I'm writing this the idea of angels versus demons in the mortal world makes me cringe. 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Joel on August 07, 2015, 01:32:32 PM
Hmm... this does sound really interesting, and I particularly like it because the setting skews character selection toward the dark and the bad.  The world does sound waaay too big for a small to medium sized group game though.  What if there was a central location where the action is generally focused.  Perhaps the city of Pandemonium?  And what if the hierarchy and nobility were the emphasis, such that the story is sorta Game Of Thrones-y with multiple competing Houses.  Then lasty, and sorta out there, but what if the means that demons acquire greater power is through the influence of events and lives in the mortal world?  So therefore, the game would include both a mortal realm component and hell.  Although now that I'm writing this the idea of angels versus demons in the mortal world makes me cringe.

Thank you for the interest and that was one of the things I was going for, not to say people couldn't still play 'good,' characters, but probably such would be few. Actually, I was going to make some areas more key locations, such as the Grand City of Dis. I even thought of different parts for it(and went image inspiration hunting) but problem there is if I centered too much attention to one area, others will likely be neglected.  I doubt every location or, better yet, layer of hell would be explored. I personally would love for all to be adventured within, but as you noted, the world itself would be fairly large and would require a good number of player occupants.

I wanted most of the story elements to be more sandbox and not centered on just one thing. This isn't to say there wouldn't be those aspects of the game as I don't mind promoting various competition and such that may be done spontaneously within Hell in events with possible in game rewards for player participation. Though I do not want players to feel restricted to just that factor of game. Also, I would like to avoid different component realms. I have seen many Earth(Demon Vs Angel + Mortal) games and that is not what I am really going for and that is something I will never turn this project into. This work's primary focus is an alternative version of Dante's Inferno and how the variety of natural residents and sinned souls make their living within Hell for better or for worse.

Lingo

I'm bookmarking this thread and watching over it with interest! If we come up with some interesting social structures within the realm, and a more concrete area of action, I'm game. A character in this universe would be something else to play. 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Lingo on August 12, 2015, 11:51:37 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread and watching over it with interest! If we come up with some interesting social structures within the realm, and a more concrete area of action, I'm game. A character in this universe would be something else to play.

Thank you for the interest. ^^

It may be easier to track the Open world building thread I have for it, since I do make it a habit to reply with general bold time/date updates to any added/updated content to the Closed World Building thread; unless I may happen to forget few things I done.

Drake Valentine

Monthly bump.

Most updates can be found in Open thread building section.

Hopefully the project will be completed by October or November, December at latest unless something honestly comes up to push it next year; which I hope not considering how nearly done it is.

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump and Interest Check.

Most things are done, sure there are some things that need to be expanded on and a few areas left undone(mainly Brothel and Theater in Upper Class Area, but who really cares for those right now,) but beyond that, the majority of things are done. Well, minus some also proofreading over things.

Depending on head count, I may up the sheets(which can also be found in the Closed section with all the other information, but one shouldn't waste their time in filling one out if there isn't a large enough count for interest.)

Many of the game elements will likely be taking place within City of Dis, Hell itself is far too large to cover every circle. If game progresses or more people show interest and join, it may be gradually expanded; I will likely have something set up for Outside the City should players wish to venture in other planes or whatever.

Also, a heads up for this setting, if you are interested and haven't looked over all bits of information. Playbys will either be realistic works of art or near it or actual people. Nothing overly anime/cartoony for this game setting.

Drake Valentine

Neomah

I  am highly interested in this! I love the writing and I love the concept of this. I'd love to play a Pagan who has awoken in the city after dying, rather shocked by the whole thing. I will likely write up a sheet tomorrow, on my day off.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Neomah on November 24, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
I  am highly interested in this! I love the writing and I love the concept of this. I'd love to play a Pagan who has awoken in the city after dying, rather shocked by the whole thing. I will likely write up a sheet tomorrow, on my day off.

Thanks for interest. ^^

Also, no rush on sheet. Again, I am waiting for enough to accumulate, before upping the sheet templates here. They are just placeholders in the World Building section. 

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: As thread was created January 08, 2015, 09:11:28 PM and it is now December 26, 2015, 07:06:something PM

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: As thread was created January 08, 2015, 09:11:28 PM and it is now January 09, 2016. 02:17:something AM

Song

I'll stick my interest down in here, with the note that if this gets a lift off before the Trinity academy, I'll not be joining that one, can't have too many RP's at once.
My RP requests: Join the Space gldiators in Requiem For Mankind

O/O

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Song on January 09, 2016, 06:04:10 AM
I'll stick my interest down in here, with the note that if this gets a lift off before the Trinity academy, I'll not be joining that one, can't have too many RP's at once.

Fair enough and perfectly understandable there. I don't think I could manage running multi-multi groups myself. So now it is a race to see whichever one hits with enough interest to start, if any. ^^`

Thanks for the interest.

Hotaru37

I will put my interest down.  :) 

I was going to put my interest up when you first put it up but if I remember correctly I had to run an errand out somewhere and didn't bookmark the thread.  lol  Well, at least I am not too late. 
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: As thread was created January 08, 2015, 09:11:28 PM and it is now March 14, 2016, 08:02:28 AM