The Fate of Kilo Platoon: Aliens Universe Survival; One Slot Left

Started by Urbanzorro, May 08, 2010, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

I call the Flamethrower Man...have a profile up to this thread when I can...

Urbanzorro

Hey all, sorry about being missing for the past few days, just got back from college. I'll review the new characters but so far they all look great! we are almost ready to get started.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Both characters are approved :D and yes Sanai it would be 6 ranged attack at all times

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Platoon Leader:
Platoon Sergeant: CmdrRenegade
1st Squad Smart Gunner:Corvus
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:
1st Squad Member: Miles Trent
1st Squad Member: Destiny Ascension
1st Squad Member: Sanai
Platoon Synthetic

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Haibane

I dropped by here when you first opened the thread but found it was a system game and lost interest, but now I see the system is designed to be seamless to the players and we just play freeform which interests me again.

Are you interested in a 'female' synthetic and as the platoon bio-engineered member is there anything special I should know? - uh, feel free to hand me any classified info by a PM. I don't know if I can definitely take this on, but I'm interested.

Paladin

Quote from: Haibane on May 17, 2010, 05:06:30 PM
I dropped by here when you first opened the thread but found it was a system game and lost interest, but now I see the system is designed to be seamless to the players and we just play freeform which interests me again.

Are you interested in a 'female' synthetic and as the platoon bio-engineered member is there anything special I should know? - uh, feel free to hand me any classified info by a PM. I don't know if I can definitely take this on, but I'm interested.

>.> ... <.< ... >.> ... *Keeps mouth shut on this one*

Urbanzorro

Female synthetics are just fine, for that matter so are femal any marine characters

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

Photo:

Name: Yui Sakuraba

Position/Rank: Flamethrower Girl/PFC

Stats (Before Equipment):
Health: 9
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 0
Accuracy: 8
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 6
Defense: 5
Perception: 4
Stealth:  6
Luck: 3

Primary Weapon: M240B Flamethrower + Range Reactive Nozzle
Secondary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle
Armor: APE Suit + NBC Warfare Kit
Equipment: XV35 Motion Tracker

Stats (After Equipment):
Health: 10
Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 3
Accuracy: 8
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 6
Defense: 8
Perception: 6
Stealth: 5
Luck: 3

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

Yep.  All we need is a leader - A Ripley, not a damn Gorman - and we'll be all set.

ReijiTabibito

Zorro, question for you.  Since the dice can only add to a roll on part of the Marine, if, before the roll, the result is higher than 0, wouldn't a die roll be irrelevant?

Example.  My character has an Accuracy of 8, which determines how well she can hit targets.  Conversely, the Xenomorph Warrior only has an Agility of 5, which they would use to dodge any attack I make.  Without a dice roll, the result of subtracting the Warrior's Agility from my Accuracy is 3, which means that the test automatically ends in my favor (since result is above 0).  Is there any point to me rolling?  Like, does each point above 0 give me an extra point of attack?  Or what?  This is about the only thing I can think of, since Pulse Rifles only have a Ranged Attack of +3, most Xenos have a Defense of at least 5, and we know from the movies that Xenos can be killed with them...

Haibane

Space reserved for platoon synthetic character, currently under construction.

Teaser:

Haibane

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 17, 2010, 07:50:39 PM
Zorro, question for you.  Since the dice can only add to a roll on part of the Marine, if, before the roll, the result is higher than 0, wouldn't a die roll be irrelevant?
My immediate assumption is the xeno has a dice rolled for it too.

ReijiTabibito

Not so, H.  Quoting from the OP:

The system used here will be as follows:

(Marine(s) stats – Alien(s) stats) + d6= Score

If the score is above 0 the roll ends in the Marine(s) favor. 

Paladin

Quote from: Haibane on May 17, 2010, 07:52:21 PM
Space reserved for platoon synthetic character, currently under construction.

Teaser:

Its the Major from Ghost in the shell!!!!!!!

Haibane

It is indeed, well spotted. Go to the top of the class. I think she's an awesome character, such a cool lady, and co-incidentally also a synthetic so it should be quite easy to play her as 'her' and make her fit in.

Paladin

Urbanzorro

ReijiTabibito, that's a good question and I've apparently made a typo with my formula/typed it in a way that it could easily be missunderstood.

Each side gets a roll for each encounter, i've done quite a bit of testing on the system and it works well this way. it allows for luck without overbalancing. I'm sorry for any confusion that may have been caused. Does that answer your question? and do you have any others?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

Well...maybe.  Lemme see if I have this right.  If I don't, then explain it to me, using the format of my example...

Encounter between my character and a Xeno Warrior happens.  I subtract the Xeno's Agility from my Accuracy, and the Xeno does the same in reverse.  We each make a die roll.  Whoever has the highest result wins the conflict.  So, I start with a 3, and the Xeno starts with a 0.  I roll a 5, and the Xeno rolls a 2.  That gives me a result of 8, and the Xeno a result of 2.  I win the conflict, and incinerate the Xeno with my Flamethrower.

Sound about right?

Urbanzorro

not quite this is how it goes down.

You're in the hallway, an alien shows up down the hall, I compaire your stealth to his perception to see if he sees you, then your perception to his stealth to see if you see him, if he sees you and you don't see him I'll just post up him attacking you, if you see him and he dosn't see you then i post him in the hall way eating something, playing solitare, reading the newspaper ect ect lol. If you both see each other I post him charging at you. Next I roll each of your dice, then I compaire your agility+your dice roll to his +his dice roll, that decides who's attacks show up first. even if he is faster than you he dosn't have a ranged attack so you attack with your ranged first. I compair your accuracy+your roll to his agility+his roll deciding if you can hit with your ranged weapon, if you hit I deduct your ranged attack, first from his defense+his roll, then from his health. Then since he has a higher agility i deduct his attack+his roll from your defense+your roll, then from your health if it gets that far, then I deduct your attack+your roll from his defense(what's left of it), and then his health(what's left of it).  Does that make more sense?

The system has undergone alot of monkeying since I first posted up this idea thread, I've been finetuneing/testing and testing again it is quite ballanced, and I'm more than willing to use my super GM powers if the need occurs.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

Yes, that makes plenty of sense.  Although, since you're going to be doing all the rolling, I guess it really doesn't matter a whole lot, since you'll tell us the results...but I still wanted to know how it worked.

And its looking alright for me in the fact that the Xenos don't have ranged attack, and I do...plus, I have a good high Attack.

Urbanzorro

Yeah, the system is also designed to make it a bad idea to go off alone

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Heck, I'm glad the GM is handling all the rolls.

I've been reminded again of why I dislike system games so much. *snigger*