League of Legends: Shadows of Valoran - Recruiting!

Started by apygoos, March 12, 2013, 04:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

She seems like the type of champ who will be super strong, or completely underpowered. I guess it mostly depends on her cooldowns.

apygoos

shes going to be the next karma, her CC is so fantastic for support, build her as a tank mage and you're good to go.

NicciKotor

Riot has no clue as to how which champion goes in which lane. Remember in the Diana spotlight they were using her in jungle. Nobody in their right mind would put Diana in the jungle, as she is almost always mid.

Zyra is like this as well. She was supposed to be a burst mage with a amazing team fight ult, but now all the pros use her as a support since she has amazing cc.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Orochimaru

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 03, 2013, 07:00:58 PM
Riot has no clue as to how which champion goes in which lane. Remember in the Diana spotlight they were using her in jungle. Nobody in their right mind would put Diana in the jungle, as she is almost always mid.

Zyra is like this as well. She was supposed to be a burst mage with a amazing team fight ult, but now all the pros use her as a support since she has amazing cc.

It all depends on the person using the champion in my opinion. Riot just gives you what they made the champion for.

Again, my opinion.

apygoos

Diana can still jungle, and shes a pretty strong jungle. Zyra is strong in both mid AND support, very much like karma. You dont see Diana in jungle because the current meta throws tanky brusiers into the jungle.

NicciKotor

It is funny how the pros just now figured out how broken as fuck Zed is. Rush blade of the rune king and use it with your ult, and you'll kill someone with a very high degree of success. Over and over and over.

apygoos

i highly doubt theyre "just now" finding out. Pro's keep cards hidden up their sleeves. Unlike us who may never find the same person twice in solo queue. They play against the same people all the time, even in solo queue. they also play to very specicifc team comps. Zed may not fit into a teams team comp, sometimes he does, it all depends.

NicciKotor

Shameless plug!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170157.0

"Smoke Bomb!" *Throws smoke bomb and jumps out window!*

apygoos

nicci, this is for a serious plot, not a smut fest, please keep your games interest in the RP's wanted section, and let us continue discussion plot [while getting distracted by league itself]

Revenent

Actually, according to my laning bro, Karma's actually kind of a bad support after the rework. Her kit doesn't even really let her do anything post-laning unless she builds AP, which is not the way most supports want to go, since it's expensive as fuck (and one of the reasons I find Nid difficult to use if we're not winning lane hard enough).

Orochimaru

Quote from: Revenent on April 03, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
Actually, according to my laning bro, Karma's actually kind of a bad support after the rework. Her kit doesn't even really let her do anything post-laning unless she builds AP, which is not the way most supports want to go, since it's expensive as fuck (and one of the reasons I find Nid difficult to use if we're not winning lane hard enough).

I second this.

mj2002

Quote from: Orochimaru on April 03, 2013, 05:31:14 PM
Insta-buy for me and my tax return check came in. I got some monies to spend. =3
Am I the only one who doesn't spend RP on champions?

NicciKotor

apygoos

new Volibear Lore
QuoteThe unforgiving northern reaches of the Freljord are home to the Ursine, a fierce and warlike race that has endured the barren tundra for thousands of years.Their leader is a furious adversary who commands the force of lightning to strike fear within his foes: Volibear. Both a warrior and a mystic, Volibear seeks to defend the ancient ways and the warrior spirit of his tribe.

Though history recorded their once legendary feats in battle, the Ursine now lived in tranquil seclusion. The warriors were headed by a triumvirate of leaders who maintained a long-lived isolation,avoiding the petty affairs and conflicts of others. As shaman to the three,Volibear was a respected sage known for his insight. It was an era of unprecedented peace,but Volibear felt dread stirring within him.Prosperity was turning the tribe soft and weak,and many had long forgotten the sacred art of war.In time,Volibear felt the fire of their souls would be extinguished. When he revealed his misgivings to the triumvirate,they refused to listen and warned him to know his place.

Seeking wisdom, Volibear undertook a perilous climb to the peak of the Ursine's sacred mountain, a place forever shrouded in a thundering maelstrom. The eye of the storm was said to bestow portents, and legend held that the tempest would mark the next great chieftain of the tribe. As Volibear ascended the peak,he was struck by an unnatural bolt of lightning. When the shaman awoke, he was possessed by a horrific vision of the Freljord utterly consumed by darkness. Volibear saw an unprepared and complacent Ursine force slaughtered by terrible creatures of ice. In an instant,he knew his race would perish if they did not prepare for war.

Volibear rushed down the mountainside to recount what he had seen,but found the path blocked by three Ursine - the triumvirate. Knowing he would end the lasting peace,they refused to heed Volibear's warning and demanded his silence, by his word - or his death. Resolute and adamant, Volibear swore that the Ursine's very survival depended on his message,and launched into ferocious combat against the three. A terrible clash ensued, and just as Volibear succumbed to his opponents, he called upon the power of the maelstrom.Unleashing raw lightning,he struck the trio down with a thunderous blow.Stunned and astonished, the triumvirate beheld the sign of Ursine leadership: the force of the sacred storm.

Recognizing his foretold ascendance,the triumvirate appointed Volibear as the Ursine's new leader.His influence was swift and decisive: he roused his tribe from complacency,revived their battle-hardened traditions,and allied with Sejuani,the warrior who would fight with them against the coming evil.With time, the tribe grew lean and fierce,becoming known again as fearsome warriors of legend.Volibear and the Ursine now stand ready for the dark day that looms on the icy horizon.

''The Ursine cannot know peace without war.''

-- Volibear
also new Anivia, Voli, and Shyvanna skins

mj2002

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 04, 2013, 12:20:36 AM
Yes.
I don't understand this. You can buy skins with RP, but champions with RP and IP. IP comes for free, RP doesn't. What logic am I missing here? Are people just impatient?

apygoos

i only buy champs new w/ their skin, or on sale with RP, my RP then after goes to skins.

Revenent

No. But if you want to buy runes or something and don't want to wait another thirty games before picking up a certain champion, or you want to get one that's on sale, or you just have the money and there aren't any skins you need, then why not just use RP for them?

Everyone's entitled to spend their money the way they see fit. I just picked up Kog'maw for IP since I had a lot saved up, but now I have a bunch of new rune pages to fill out, so I might have to pick up champs with RP if I feel I really need them (which I usually don't unless they're on sale).

Thorn14

So, is there an RP here and is it going on? I admit I don't play LoL that much really but I do enjoy the character designs and concepts.

May I ask what is going on?

apygoos

so, while we can continue talking here before i get the ooc going, would NC Exotic work for everyone? I say NC because there /could/ be NC aspects in it at times.
My goal at rhis time is to push plot 4, in together, proabbly working /into/ plot 1 for a much larger continued plot and story

Here is a basic character sheet to work with:

Name:

species:

physical description/picture:

Orientation:

affiliation: i.e.Demacia, Noxus, Piltover, Freljord

Profession:

skills and/or abilities: While having more general skills, like in league, feel free to highlight more advanced techniques they know, as well as their "signature move" if applicable
personality:

Bio:

also, lore stuff!
QuoteWhen asked what Tryndamere is up to and if this Freljord conflict will boil down to one of the leaders allying with Demcia or Noxus, kitae replied:
"Tryn is still with Ashe.

I can see the parallels, but the Freljord tribal leaders are more concerned with internal conflict than aligning themselves with external powers. Neither Ashe nor Sejuani would welcome aid from Demacia or Noxus in their conflict."

In response to this someone remarked that Ashe, when compared to Sejuani or Lissandra, seems to be the the weakest of the three camps, kitae responded:
"Ashe is still the strongest player in the conflict. She has Tryndamere, Anivia and Nunu on her side, a large army, and the most hospitable land. More details will be revealed..."

Regarding Volibear's lore update, kitae explained a bit of the rational between switching Volibear's loyalty from Ashe to Sejuani.
"Part of the concept here is:
Ashe is progressive, unifying, peace seeking.
Sejuani is traditional, uncompromising, warlike.
We thought long and hard before shifting Volibear's alliance but he seemed better suited to Sejuani. His values of nobility, loyalty, and tradition align well with Sejuani. We kept his core motivation the same - motivated by a vision he has allied with a human leader to protect his tribe. Now Sejuani has a powerful ally which makes her a more legitimate threat to Ashe"

In another thread, someone shared their dismay that Anivia has been changed from an otherworldly being to a Freljord character and accused Riot of having some sort of vendetta against the few champions from different dimensions. kitae replied:
"There is no secret agenda to make all the champions from other worlds be from Runeterra.
Otherworldly origins are an import pant part of our storytelling. A good example is Kayle and Morgana. Part of what makes this duo cool is not only are they a light-angel and dark-angel sisters, they come from an entire world that mirrors their conflict.
In the case of Anivia, she was an ancient protector who after being summoned chose to take up the role of guardian of Freljord. While her other worldly origin was interesting, we saw an opportunity to create deeper ties between her and ancient Freljord. As the immortal protector of Freljord, we now can include her in those stories, and she becomes a good ancient counterpart to the ancient evil that is Lissandra.

Anivia remains what she has always been - an ancient elemental protector, who is protecting the Freljord. We've just made those lore ties deeper.

TLDR; Champions from other worlds are ok and will remain - in the case of Anivia we made her a stronger character and unlocked additional storytelling opportunities by making her a protector of ancient Freljord."

To clear up Lissandra's back story a bit, kitae compared her to Superman. saying:
"Lissandra = Clark Kent
Ice Witch = Superman (but evil) (and a chick)"
Although kitae did admit
"The bio actually is not very clear on this so my bad!"

If things are still a little confusion, kitae replied with "Yes this is pretty accurate" to the following FAN summary of Lissandra's lore
Lissandra is her actual name from before she became part of the Watchers
Once she gained her power and started stealing the identities of the Frostguard leaders she was given the name "The Ice Witch" due to folk lore and stories, of course no one knew she was the Ice Witch
Now that it's come time for set her plans in motion for world domination, rather than taking the identity of another successor, she is using her own identity since no one knows who she really is and merely taking on her original human appearance whilst masquerading for the public"

This of course lead to even more questions about the heirs, blood line, and more. kitae, however, said all that can't reveal that just yet.
"These are great questions, but I can't answer most of them right now without spoiling some upcoming lore.
Lissandra has lead the frostguard tribe for many hundreds of years. They were once noble, but that was a long time ago.
More information on the blood lines of the three sisters will be coming soon so I am not going to give any information out on that today.

How the Ice Witch chooses her "heir" and assumes her new identity is purposefully being kept a mystery for now. Please feel free to speculate."
Kitae did expand a little bit, saying:
"She named her successor Lissandra so when she took her identity she could reclaim her own name."

kckolbe

So what would our chars first be doing? 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LadyLaothen

Quote from: kckolbe on April 05, 2013, 04:03:19 PM
So what would our chars first be doing? 

Also, are we allowed/not allowed to use cannon characters?
Need to come up with a better signature.

BUT I GOT APPROVED         XD

Looking forward to lots of fun.

apygoos

you may use cannons if you wish.
depending on where your characters would be coming from would be the shape of the initial actions. the Ice witch appears to be ready to take action and progress towards her steady plot of world domination. Aside form the still hidden notions of the ice witch, war could erupt in Freljord at any moment, it takes only the slightest misdirection to tip the scale. the last thing anyone wants is the tribes of Freljord attacking each other to shreds. most characters would likely hear a very heavy rumor of looming war.

kckolbe

How would Demacia be involved?  If I play canon, it will be as Garen, though still leaning toward an OC, who would still be from Demacia.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

how these rumors even exist is after Quinn and he bird companion Valor returned and gave their report to prince Jarvan IV. With the way this RP is shaping up, the more OC's the better.

NicciKotor

Oh man. Funniest AI game ever. EVER.

We get into the champion select and I pick Ahri and locked her in, since I wanted to test out a build order. A half minute or so the hermidinger calls mid and locks in. Since this is an AI game lane priority doesn't mean anything, so I go mid with him. At which point he throws the most massive hissy fit in the history of hissy fits. Starts cussing, calling us slaves, and bitching and moaning. Eventually stops playing so he can watch LCS, while the rest of us are laughing our butts off while playing.

The best part is when we finish and I get three teamwork tickets from the rest of the non-crazy players in the game.