Starship Eden

Started by Teo Torriatte, January 31, 2014, 11:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Torriatte

Earth was dead. The last survivors of humanity were packed in three starships which barreled through the galaxy in search of a planet that could sustain them. It was calculated that the journey could take hundreds of years.. fortunately the ship could automate the search and the prospective colonists could remain in stasis.

The main complication to this plan was that many of the women were pregnant. The stasis fields could sustain mother and baby for a time, even slowing down her gestation considerably, but after a certain point she would have to be awakened until she came to term, gave birth and then mother and infant could go back into stasis for the rest of the trip.

While each mother was awake, she would be allowed to awaken one man to keep her company, ostensibly the father of her baby, but this was not a hard and fast rule. They would have free rein of the ship, and were also responsible for performing routine maintenance and diagnostics, to back up and support the automated systems that kept everything functioning.

I would like to play one of the colonists as she is woken up, several months into her pregnancy, and I am looking for someone who wants to play the man she chooses to wake up to be her mate for the remainder of her term. We can discuss the nature of their relationship, what they remember of each other, any other plot elements we would like to introduce, and other such things. I would definitely like for there to be some romantic elements, but am also open to exploration, action, intrigue, horror, or anything else we decide we want to include.

Please PM me if interested, as I may not check this thread for replies.