News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Is it just me...?

Started by Mr Self Destruct, March 08, 2011, 10:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

Things have been irritating the hell outta me lately.

It started small at first...a stupid song in a commercial, a car going by with it's stereo speakers blaring, the whole car vibrating like it's gonna fall apart.  I'd hear the song or the stereo and shake my head, mumbling something indecipherable, usually an epitaph about the intelligence of the driver or the song writer.  Then, it would pass, only to be replaced by another irritation later on.

But it didn't end there.  No, if anything, it only got worse.  A high-and-mighty customer at work, an uppity bank teller, my mother-in-law saying something judgmental...it just continued to get more in my face and more irritating.  Now, this irritation is an annoyance, but it just seems like it builds on me more and more.  I have no plans on reacting violently or even verbally to these annoyances, other than to growl under my breath and grunt something mean and brutish where I can't be heard.

What I want to know is...is it just me?  It seems like these minor annoyances are a by product of three distinct things: a shitty economy, political-correctness, and consumer advertising.  The economy is making people irritable, making them worry more about where their next meal comes from rather than trying to fix the problem.  Political correctness is something I abhor...we all need to play nice with one another and not say what we really think.  And that new commercial with Wanda Sykes about bullying?  Makes me wanna call her the equivalent of 'unfunny black comedian who thinks she's important'.

Lastly, this new advertising that dominates every freakin' commercial out there...what the hell?  Happy commercials full of happy people and happy music...bleh.  Bright colors, high-pitched droning melodies, and smiling actors and actresses who are supposed to represent real people make them all just positively unbearable.  The mute button on my television sees a great many uses.

Am I just a miserable bastard who can't accept what the world has become?  Do I have the mutated MAOA gene that was the topic of a recent special on the National Geographic Channel in which my aggression levels are higher than most?  Is it just me, or is it that the world is getting progressively worse because nobody is willing to do anything to stop it?