The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Inkidu on December 08, 2011, 12:02:27 PM
I hit level 37 or so my first playthrough. I can't imagine 50... D:

So what's it like being an unstoppable demi-god made flesh?

I'm 44 and it's annoying as fuck. Draugr Deathlords, Draugr Deathlords everywhere. All of them with disarm shouts. Couldn't dodge. :(
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

OK, no using Storm Call.  Ever.  It's non-discriminatory.  I've lost my minion 5 times to it now (I reload every time) and it NEVER HITS THE DAMN DRAGON.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Slywyn

What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Cold Heritage

I went to join the Bard's College. To prove my worthiness to be a bard, they sent me . . . into an undead filled dungeon. I'm . . . I'm not sure how fighting draugr makes one worthy to be a bard. None of the ones I've encountered would've survived going in there. :/

Quote from: Shjade on December 09, 2011, 01:09:08 AM
What's Storm Call?

It's a shout that causes a storm. During that storm, lightning will randomly strike targets nearby, friend or foe.

Braioch

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 09, 2011, 12:00:14 AM
OK, no using Storm Call.  Ever.  It's non-discriminatory.  I've lost my minion 5 times to it now (I reload every time) and it NEVER HITS THE DAMN DRAGON.

I've lost followers because followers are dumb as shit and will run right in front of you as you're blasting, shooting or slicing. I've killed all but my husband who was killed by a stray area effect spell after getting knocked down. I will mourn him forever, :P
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Nadir

Braioch

I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Tsenta

I just realized...there's no Chameleon spell/abilities in skyrim...no more playing the invisible tyrant/assassin! But it was fun ganking enemies in the back with a dagger and watch all their comrades freak out! :(
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shjade

Quote from: Tsenta on December 09, 2011, 06:05:10 AM
I just realized...there's no Chameleon spell/abilities in skyrim...no more playing the invisible tyrant/assassin! But it was fun ganking enemies in the back with a dagger and watch all their comrades freak out! :(

You mean other than "Invisibility?"

It's either Adept or Expert-level Illusion. I forget which.
◕/◕'s

Tsenta

Invisibility isn't enchantable to gear and the spell dies out once you use an item or attack an enemy.  I loved in Oblivion I could stalk into a group of enemies, gank one, and watch all the other reactions. XD

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shjade

Quote from: Tsenta on December 09, 2011, 09:02:17 AM
Invisibility isn't enchantable to gear and the spell dies out once you use an item or attack an enemy.  I loved in Oblivion I could stalk into a group of enemies, gank one, and watch all the other reactions. XD

Oh, is that all you want to do?

Enchant +% sneak effectiveness to as much gear as you can. You can pull some pretty impossible ganks and not get in trouble for it. Particularly if you cast invis immediately after the kill.
◕/◕'s

Slywyn

Or a bow and arrow with decent skill and the x3 damage perk. Especially if you mod to get realistic bow distance. The game cuts off your shots after a certain distance.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Spectfade on December 09, 2011, 05:52:18 PM
Or a bow and arrow with decent skill and the x3 damage perk. Especially if you mod to get realistic bow distance. The game cuts off your shots after a certain distance.
SHARE!

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

It's not really a mod you download, you just change some info in the .ini file regarding combat flags.

Instructions found here.
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Braioch on December 09, 2011, 01:22:23 AM
I've lost followers because followers are dumb as shit and will run right in front of you as you're blasting, shooting or slicing. I've killed all but my husband who was killed by a stray area effect spell after getting knocked down. I will mourn him forever, :P

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3111

Maybe that will help.

Slywyn

Quote from: Shjade on December 09, 2011, 08:33:43 PM
It's not really a mod you download, you just change some info in the .ini file regarding combat flags.

Instructions found here.

What Shjade said.

And I just meant mod the files. Not actually a game mod.

Chris Brady

I don't have an actor flag in my .ini that's irritating...

Tsenta

I'm playing on PS3 so modding is impossible for me at the moment.  I have fortify archery stacked up on my armor, plus a legendary daedric bow.  With the five Archery perks + the stacked bonus + the legendary daedric bow. I'm doing roughly 500dmg a shot, I don't need the 3X dmg sneak attack perk. :P

Slywyn

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 10, 2011, 02:39:20 AM
I don't have an actor flag in my .ini that's irritating...

Add it. Anything you're adding to your .ini file, you just add. You don't have to put it under a specific area.

Shjade

Quote from: Tsenta on December 10, 2011, 05:17:35 AM
I'm playing on PS3 so modding is impossible for me at the moment.  I have fortify archery stacked up on my armor, plus a legendary daedric bow.  With the five Archery perks + the stacked bonus + the legendary daedric bow. I'm doing roughly 500dmg a shot, I don't need the 3X dmg sneak attack perk. :P

Let's see...legendary daedric bow is ~90 damage with the archery perks 5/5? Enchants get that up ~200% if you have it on ring, gloves, necklace and helm, so 270-ish, plus arrow damage.

How are you getting 500 damage shots?

*will have to go mess around in Skyrim to check numbers*

Edit: I bet I'm not thinking of the bow's base damage at skill 100.
◕/◕'s

MercyfulFate

Quote from: Shjade on December 10, 2011, 12:15:29 PM
Let's see...legendary daedric bow is ~90 damage with the archery perks 5/5? Enchants get that up ~200% if you have it on ring, gloves, necklace and helm, so 270-ish, plus arrow damage.

How are you getting 500 damage shots?

*will have to go mess around in Skyrim to check numbers*

Edit: I bet I'm not thinking of the bow's base damage at skill 100.

I imagine it's the same concept as the 500dmg Daedric Mace. Alchemy + Enchanting + Smithing loop. Plus with sneak you can get insane multipliers on damage too.

Shjade

Quote from: MercyfulFate on December 10, 2011, 04:43:08 PM
I imagine it's the same concept as the 500dmg Daedric Mace. Alchemy + Enchanting + Smithing loop. Plus with sneak you can get insane multipliers on damage too.

Except he said he wasn't sneak-attacking.
◕/◕'s

Juicy

Oh my gaaad Skyrim. I was playing RIFT and totally forgot about it for a week or so... but now that I'm replaying I keep running into various trees... bloodthirsty dragons... scary zombie folk...

I murdered my husbands too. I suck at life in Skyrim! I'm a hot elf though, that's all that matters.  ^-^

Braioch

Quote from: Juicy on December 10, 2011, 11:09:39 PM
Oh my gaaad Skyrim. I was playing RIFT and totally forgot about it for a week or so... but now that I'm replaying I keep running into various trees... bloodthirsty dragons... scary zombie folk...

I murdered my husbands too. I suck at life in Skyrim! I'm a hot elf though, that's all that matters.  ^-^

Level 61 Imperial, and a sexy veritable god at that.

^-^

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]