What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sasquatch421

I like to jump between games so I end up playing a bunch at once so I don't get bored...

Xbox 360~ Skyrim, Saint's Row the Third and Rage

PS3~ Raw Vs. Smackdown 2010

PS1~ Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete

Bayushi

Now Playing:

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Beta
Diablo III Beta
Tera Online Beta

I don't have enough time in the day for all of this Betaness!

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Wolfy

So, Guess what is coming to the PS2 classics tomorrow on the PSN?

Persona 3: FES.

Guess what I'm purchasing and subsequently going to lose myself in again?

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on April 09, 2012, 11:59:04 PM
So, Guess what is coming to the PS2 classics tomorrow on the PSN?

Persona 3: FES.

Guess what I'm purchasing and subsequently going to lose myself in again?

Ill have to pick that one up. The only persona game I played much of was 4. Hopefully well get Persona 5 within a year or two too

Anyway, Im playing what Ive been playing pretty much nonstop since it came out. Tribes: Ascend. Ive been concentrating on my doombringer class and gotten mixed results. Although Im completely convinced that anyone who says "The generator doesnt matter" has never run flags with a doombringer or two guarding them and constantly putting down forcefields

Although Flag running still seems to be my forte. There's no question that Im better with the pathfinder then I am with the other classes but Ive also practiced with it more and the high speeds I reach just make the game more frantic and fun for me. Still I dont scream in sadistic glee any more fervently then when I see a pathfinder grab our flag and suddenly melt his face off as he speeds through my forcefield

Im also wondering if I shouldnt grab the heavy bolt launcher. I use the regular bolt launcher on my pathfinder and Im pretty good with it. Then again the HBL vs the chain gun is a tough choice. If the HBL is anything like the regular BL its going to be gold in my hands but the great thing about the chain gun is a nearly unlimited stream of bullets can be used as suppressing or focused fire and even then its basicly like your using tracer rounds. Start firing at someone with the chain gun and your whole team takes notice and closes in
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Hemingway

IT'S TIME TO GET BACK INTO THE REAL WORLD.

THE WORLD OF VIDEO GAMES.

That's how I feel.

Sabby

Rex Pacis

Finished Arkham City completely a few weeks back now I'm on Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately I don't play as much as I'd like to so its slow going. I'm on Xbox for anyone who might wanna play MP when I get to it. Got no Xbox friends. :'{
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Bayushi

Quote from: Sabby on April 11, 2012, 01:20:58 PMVader & Emperor Dance-off Star Wars Kinect

Hello everyone elses childhood, back for another reaming I see?
Don't feel too bad. As much as I am used to Lucas taking a huge steaming dump on my childhood, I am actually highly amused by the Galactic Dance Off. Take me back ten years, and I'd gladly have played it (can't now... too many joint issues to be dancing).

At least it's good for a laugh, yeah?

Wolfy

Wolfy

Also, I think this is perfect for Sabby:

Kinect Star Wars - Empire Today

For the obvious reason that he would fit right in with the Empire.

Yep, no other reasons at all....*keeps bush handy to disappear into*

jouzinka

Totally unrelated, probably, but lately I got totally addicted to conQUIZtador. ;D Too bad that idiot co-players can make it a really horrid experience. :(

There's nothing like learning first-hand every day how stupid I am. XD
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

dready

So... I sold my xbox because I was unemployed for far too long. Now I am employed, and I want to purchase a console again... kinda.

I honestly don't know where to go with my gaming life at the moment, because I could go Wii and play monster hunter tri with friends, or PS3 for dark souls, or Vita cause of monster hunter tri portable... just... i honestly don't know what to do mang. *armflail*

Brandon

PC tends to have the best selection of games, even many free to play ones. You can buy a decent PC for about the same price as a console, and you could make a good gaming rid pretty cheap too if you have the technical know how. Besides that PC's also double as general use tools for writing, searching the internet, etc
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on April 14, 2012, 12:24:45 AM
PC tends to have the best selection of games, even many free to play ones. You can buy a decent PC for about the same price as a console, and you could make a good gaming rid pretty cheap too if you have the technical know how. Besides that PC's also double as general use tools for writing, searching the internet, etc
Just be warned that if there is a big graphical jump in the near future you're basically screwed. That happened to me. I got my gaming rig near 2005-2006 and then the next big leap came and now I've crunched numbers and I would have to pay for another whole 360 to get it up to snuff to where it should have been.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

Generally the only thing you have to upgrade to get better graphics is your graphics card. Generally a current graphics card that will match whatever the current standard of graphics is will only cost you $75-100. Generally upgrading the graphics card is easier then any other piece of hardware.

So I dont think thats really an issue someones going to run into a lot

Sabby

Well, my lowest spec is ram, and to get more, which I want to, I need some complicated series of costly events because of the specific set up my PC. The guys who built it apparently gave me a motherboard and an operating system combination that makes ram not go over a certain point... no clue how badly I mangled that, not a PC guy, but replacing either will cost me more money.

PC's are as simple as the amount of money you have to throw at them, sometimes.

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on April 15, 2012, 02:35:03 AM
Generally the only thing you have to upgrade to get better graphics is your graphics card. Generally a current graphics card that will match whatever the current standard of graphics is will only cost you $75-100. Generally upgrading the graphics card is easier then any other piece of hardware.

So I dont think thats really an issue someones going to run into a lot
Actually, I don't think you're factoring getting ahead of the curve. You're right, it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does that's it. When you factor in the 125-50 buck for the graphics card, additional ram, and in my case in order to get ahead I would have to put in a quad core to replace my dual core, and those things are pricey. If I ever find myself with money to burn I'd get a new one, but PCs can be real money pits.

Sabby

Ya know... I used to consider myself 1337. But then I realized the proper term would be 31337 :3

Brandon

Quote from: Inkidu on April 15, 2012, 04:03:19 PM
Actually, I don't think you're factoring getting ahead of the curve. You're right, it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does that's it. When you factor in the 125-50 buck for the graphics card, additional ram, and in my case in order to get ahead I would have to put in a quad core to replace my dual core, and those things are pricey. If I ever find myself with money to burn I'd get a new one, but PCs can be real money pits.

You werent talking about getting ahead of the curve you were talking about catching up to the current "standard"

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on April 15, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
You werent talking about getting ahead of the curve you were talking about catching up to the current "standard"
Okay knock off a hundred bucks, though in PCs it hardly ever pays to get up to standard. If you can't maintain a leading edge you're going to have trouble.

Brandon

Quote from: Inkidu on April 15, 2012, 07:10:34 PM
Okay knock off a hundred bucks, though in PCs it hardly ever pays to get up to standard. If you can't maintain a leading edge you're going to have trouble.

I would disagree with that. You can do a simple $100-200 upgrade every year and still keep ahead of the curve unless some major change happens. Thats assuming you dont get a gaming rig to start too. Most gaming rigs will last you 3-4 years before they become incapable of running newer games. I bought my first computer in 1999 and it worked fine till 2004 (without any upgrades). Thats when I got this one and Ive been doing a minor upgrade every year or two which has kept it slightly ahead of the curve

Although I do need to build a new machine now, mostly because I literally dont have the space in the case to upgrade to the graphics/sound cards I want but this will still keep me current for 2 or 3 more years (this is also assuming that new hardware that is of equal or less size doesnt come out)