Battle Royale (F looking for M)

Started by Becca, January 18, 2015, 10:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

Taking manga, movie and book as inspiration, I'd love to play a setting based around the concept of Battle Royale.

Battle Royale takes place in a fictional police state version of Japan known as the Republic of Greater East Asia. From time to time, randomly selected classes of secondary school students are forced to take arms against one another until only one student in each class remains. The program was created, supposedly, as a form of military research, with the outcome of each battle is publicized on local television. A character discovers that the program is not an experiment at all, but a means of terrorizing the population. In theory, after seeing such atrocities, the people will become paranoid and divided, preventing another rebellion.

The youth have become quite rebellious and disruptive, and so you can both find normal teenagers and ruthless thugs in a normal classroom, with teachers usually taking safety measures to enter a classroom.

Under the guise of a "study trip", a group of students are corralled onto a bus and gassed, only to awaken in a school on an isolated, vacated island, wearing metal collars around their necks. After being briefed about the program, the students are issued survival packs and a random weapon or a tool inside a bag, and sent out onto the island one by one. While most of the students receive guns and knives, some students acquire relatively useless items like boomerangs, dartboard darts, or a fork. In some cases, instead of a weapon, the student receives a tool, like a radar device that tracks nearby students or receives a bulletproof vest.(The item each one receives can be determined through the dice bot to make things really random).

To make sure the students obey the rules and kill each other, the metal collars around their necks track their positions, and will explode if they linger in a "Forbidden Zone" or attempt to remove the collars. The Forbidden Zones are randomly chosen areas of the map that increase in number as time goes on, re-sculpting and shrinking the battlefield and forcing the students to move around

That's basically the idea for the setting. It's clearly noticeable it has much darker themes than I usually deal with in my rpgs, and I'm willing to open up my limit of gore and violence quite a bit when it comes to this rpg. Death of the two main characters (my partner's and mine) are still something I'd very much avoid. I'm looking for someone to share control over the rest of the students or GM the rpg. There would have to be some changes in the time the game usually runs and other issues to make the idea playable, but that can be discussed with those who are interested in the concept. The amount of students, circustances and rules of the game can be altered to be a better fit for my partner's preferences.

A romance would arise between the two main characters at some point, but wether it's darker or more innocent, will vary depending on the kind of character the potential partners would prefer to play.

If anyone is interested please do not post here, send me a PM!

Becca

Becca

Updated the request. I have received a few PMs regarding this setting, but haven't been able to start any so far, so it's still up for grabs!