News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Ball E

Started by Primarch, October 10, 2014, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: Primarch on October 26, 2014, 04:06:41 PM
You don't really need to know a great deal. The game is set on our 'Earth' as opposed to the planet the show is set in. Not knowing about the different alien races wouldn't even matter because the characters have met one, which was the first alien to ever come to Earth. So you as a player would be discovering everything as your character does. Glancing over a wiki would tell you just about everything you really need to know.

This makes me so happy! One sec, I have to figure out where to put my points! Ooo, Muay Thai fighting is a good one...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ShadowFox89

My main focus for my character was one that didn't fight head on. Because fighting a sayain head on.... usually doesn't get you very far.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 26, 2014, 04:10:47 PM
My main focus for my character was one that didn't fight head on. Because fighting a sayain head on.... usually doesn't get you very far.

Tell that to Freiza.

Angie

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 26, 2014, 04:10:47 PM

Well, the guy I'm thinking of involving is a: sort of a 'tank', and b: doesn't know that.

Primarch

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 26, 2014, 04:13:05 PM
Well, the guy I'm thinking of involving is a: sort of a 'tank', and b: doesn't know that.

The character would have fought 'Raditz' who turned up on Earth last year, so you would have 'one' encounter with an alien...which basically looked like a human but with a monkey tail...and he froze up in shock/pain if you grabbed it.

One tip I would provide concerning the signature attacks. One pretty big element of the show's combat is 'ki,' which is usually manifested in the forming of shooting energy beams or energy balls. Feel free to google 'kamehameha' which would be the most famous example I suppose. So...while a signature attack doesn't need to be an energy beam, I would recommend working in 'ki.'

deadmanshand

I can't wait for this game to get started.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Primarch on October 26, 2014, 04:21:58 PM
The character would have fought 'Raditz' who turned up on Earth last year, so you would have 'one' encounter with an alien...which basically looked like a human but with a monkey tail...and he froze up in shock/pain if you grabbed it.

One tip I would provide concerning the signature attacks. One pretty big element of the show's combat is 'ki,' which is usually manifested in the forming of shooting energy beams or energy balls. Feel free to google 'kamehameha' which would be the most famous example I suppose. So...while a signature attack doesn't need to be an energy beam, I would recommend working in 'ki.'

Mind if I post what Rose's signature attacks look like as reference?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 26, 2014, 04:38:22 PM
Mind if I post what Rose's signature attacks look like as reference?

Not at all.

On a separate note, position number 5 has been claimed. At this point there is one spot remaining and as with every other position that was up for grabs, it will go to the first player that gets an application approved.

Further positions will not be opened up without a Co-GM, even if we proceed into the Namek Saga.

ShadowFox89

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Signature Attacks:
Ouroboros Fang, a slow attack, 5pts. Rose builds up energy throughout the fight, gathering it in her palms. The energy wasted by every blocked or dodge blow, the ki that a fighter puts out while fighting, little by little is drawn her her hands. As the fight continues, Rose's palms become surrounded by a swirling aura of purple and blue.
When she has enough ki, Rose uses the energy to enhance a blow. This could be a palm thrust, a throat punch, any blow using her hands. The major drawback of this power is that it requires time to build up, and any major blow could interrupt her focus. It is also very much a single target attack.
Crane's Crossed Wings, barrier technique, 5pts. As Rose crosses her arms in front of her, a pair of purple and blue crane's wings also formed, similarly crossed. The field of ki disperses blows and energy across the wings, causing them to flare brighter and appear bolder when used against stronger attacks. When the shield is broken, the wings appear to stretch outwards, launching a wave of concussive force before dispersing.
Snake's Coiled Strike, speed and stealth, 5pts. Focusing the ki into her feet, Rose is able to move quickly, quietly, and without a trace. Her presence appears to come from all directions while moving, to confuse enemies.
Guillotine Wave, ki blast, 5pts. Rose's strongest ki blast. Guillotine Wave involves Rose forming a sphere of ki in both hands, although she can combine this with Ouroboros Fang to increase the power and speed. Clapping her hands together, a razor thin wave of ki shoots forward. It slices anything in it's path, until the beam loses cohesion.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I always have the feeling in these types of games that my character will be the first to die. >.<
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Angie

Quote from: Jagerin on October 26, 2014, 06:42:45 PM
I always have the feeling in these types of games that my character will be the first to die. >.<

Well it is Dragon Ball, so even if you do go down, bringing you back may not be too tough.

Primarch

Okay, so we have our sixth and final character. If you had an application in but it has not yet been approved then I'm very sorry but you have been beaten to the punch. If you are interested in taking up a position should a player vanish/drop the game please let me know, or if you'd like to be contacted in the event the game opens up to further characters on the onset of the Namek Saga I would be glad to put you on a priority list.

For those of you that have been approved, IC is incoming.

Primarch

IC Thread has been posted to the opening post, here it is too:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=216417.0

A few points concerning the format of the game.
This game will use standard freeform combat. Attacks should be phrased as such
"Goku swung a fist towards Nappa, hoping to catch his chin"
I'll resolve all attacks in my updates.

Players will have 7 days to post before an update is posted. Posting order will not be strict. Players are limited to one post per update but may and should post as soon as is convenient. Do not wait for a different player because you posted after them in the previous round. If all players have posted, an update may come earlier (my own free time depending). If a player does not post for the full week, it will be written that the character froze/locked up or something similar. A player that missed 3 updates will be removed from the game.

Every post will open with the following template.
[float=left][img]150x150 image[/img][/float][b]Character:[/b]
[b]Ki:[/b]
[hr]

This should look like:

Character: Nappa
Ki: 30%

'Ki' in this template is a reference to what percentage of a characters full power they are exerting. Lower percentages mean a character is not fighting as hard as they can but it is easier to maintain and conceals a characters power level. Higher percentages mean characters are moving faster & hitting harder, signature attacks are more effective but characters will fatigue and enter exhaustion if they maintain it for extended periods of time. Using over 50% of a characters full power/ki will start in fatigue, 50% or lower and characters will recover. Updates will let you know when a character is getting tired/exhausted/feeling good/refreshed. Increasing exerted ki by more than 25% in any given post will require a full post dedicated to it.

ShadowFox89

Excellent, I shall post after school.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

deadmanshand

I was thinking. A Character Profile/OOC thread might be nice. That way we don't have to look at pms to see our character sheet and we can have an easy place to talk that isn't cluttering up an RP Wanted forum. I know that I - since we all fought together at the very least against Raditz - would like to know a bit more about my fellow fighters and would like to work out whether they have been training together in preparation for this.

Primarch

Quote from: deadmanshand on October 27, 2014, 04:54:12 PM
I was thinking. A Character Profile/OOC thread might be nice. That way we don't have to look at pms to see our character sheet and we can have an easy place to talk that isn't cluttering up an RP Wanted forum. I know that I - since we all fought together at the very least against Raditz - would like to know a bit more about my fellow fighters and would like to work out whether they have been training together in preparation for this.

I'll get both up before the end of the night.

Primarch

Both are up, see opening post for links.

Primarch

Two positions have opened up in this game, if anyone is interested in joining please PM me a completed character bio. First two approved apps get the spots. Cheers!