Peregrine Falcon and Gos Hawk

Started by Vekseid, September 21, 2010, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Muninn

Extraordinary. <3

Thank you for posting this, Vek! Raptors are my favorite animals and the amazing peregrine is right up on top.  Even as impressed as I am at the peregrine's speed the video they captured of the goshawk's maneuverability is mind-blowing!   I love these amazing animals!  I also love these BBC specials.. I recently managed to get a hold of the BBC special on Harpy Eagles that I hope to watch soon.

Have you seen the video of a peregrine mother taking out a red-tailed hawk that was a potential threat to her nest?  *is a huge bird geek*

SuperGloves

That is an amazing point of view that they allow us to watch from. I'm especially mesmerized by the Gos Hawk flying through the forest, its incredible how easily it maneuvers in and out of the trees and all while being so close to the ground.

Muninn

I know, right? Forget Star Tours - Disney should invest in a ride based on this! XD

I'm also amazed how these birds can compensate for the camera equipment strapped on their back, between their wings while in flight.  When flying or stooping at such high speeds even a little feather twitch can alter their path, not to mention that their bodies are made and shaped for such speeds and having such a bulky piece of equipment must surely have been a strange challenge.

Acinonyx

Why did I know I'd find you in the thread, Muninn? <3

The way it goes through the trees is just amazing.
Though I have to say I doubt this perspective is something for people who can't go on rollercoasters. :D

Oh, what people go through to have the experience the peregrine has every day:

Wingsuit Flying