A Fairy Tail based story

Started by Levi, August 26, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 01:47:22 PM
Edited, feel free add him to charsheet section.

All over that!
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 03:37:02 PM
Well, if want opinion from someone I think Crensler's magic sounds quite similar to Maker magic (Ice Make example) but utilizing Light element than any traditional elements. Albeit I do not remember Maker magic enhancing weapons/attacks but it allowed creating weapons which could have devastating effects.

Also even if he has versatile tool set, in return the magic he uses must have strict interfering taboo some kind to balance it out (all magic, innate and item based, have it). Taboo is simply a thing where magic is never utilized, doing so leads to ruin some fashion (including loosing one's powers).

Agree with this!! :)
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Sessha

As for how long she's been with the guild, hmmm how long has the guild been around?
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 03:51:59 PM
As for how long she's been with the guild, hmmm how long has the guild been around?

Officially two years

Sessha

Then in that case I would say maybe about a year and half. I was thinking about her being brought in to give the group some of kind A Rank Offensive power

Wolfy

Umm....@-@ Are there still open spots for this? :3

And when you say no Dragonslayer magic, I assume you also mean no God or Demon Slayer magic as well? o3o

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Crensler on September 06, 2018, 02:38:45 PM
Except I don't remember Sessha ever saying anything about either A) that her shield and blast were super powerful to the point of destroying/defending against anything, or B) that she could do them at the same time.  Also, considering how Slayer magic works, calling Sessha's character a Slayer mage is perhaps a bit much, wouldn't you agree?

A) it doesn't have to be but being able to do both together is already a huge potential to be an issue with balance
B) quoting him straight:

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

Heavily implies that his character can do both at the same time.

I made the comparison to Slayer magic because the only (obvious) difference that his character's magic and slayer magic has was that the slayers has to regularly eat their own element while his doesn't, the rest?

Light Blast similar to slayers using their elements to attack from distance (Natsu regularly do this and I'm not even saying about the roar)
Light enhance similar to slayers boosting their attack with their elements (Again, Natsu is the most common. Once he even used his fire on his elbow to boost his punch through the enemy's barrier)

Crensler

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 07:57:22 PM
A) it doesn't have to be but being able to do both together is already a huge potential to be an issue with balance
B) quoting him straight:

Heavily implies that his character can do both at the same time.

I made the comparison to Slayer magic because the only (obvious) difference that his character's magic and slayer magic has was that the slayers has to regularly eat their own element while his doesn't, the rest?

Light Blast similar to slayers using their elements to attack from distance (Natsu regularly do this and I'm not even saying about the roar)
Light enhance similar to slayers boosting their attack with their elements (Again, Natsu is the most common. Once he even used his fire on his elbow to boost his punch through the enemy's barrier)
Honestly I don't see the comparison, but maybe we should ask Sessha to elaborate before jumping to conclusions about someone who's never seen nor read the source material before.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Wolfy on September 06, 2018, 07:21:45 PM
Umm....@-@ Are there still open spots for this? :3

And when you say no Dragonslayer magic, I assume you also mean no God or Demon Slayer magic as well? o3o

Since the story hasn't actually gone anywhere yet... I think... yes we're still open. And yes, that would be a safe bet that slayer magics in general are not allowed ^^;

Levi

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 09:37:36 PM
Since the story hasn't actually gone anywhere yet... I think... yes we're still open. And yes, that would be a safe bet that slayer magics in general are not allowed ^^;

What Melisa said!

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 05:04:22 PM
Then in that case I would say maybe about a year and half. I was thinking about her being brought in to give the group some of kind A Rank Offensive power

Since nearly all of my mages are A class I don't think Jessica would deliberately look for someone it's not her style. She's more the smother with love type :)

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
Since nearly all of my mages are A class I don't think Jessica would deliberately look for someone it's not her style. She's more the smother with love type :)

Well despite her good nature Sera does look smoking hot in that bikini and jacket. So yeah if she got in because she got laid with the guild leader, eh who is she to complain?  ;D ;D ;D

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
Well despite her good nature Sera does look smoking hot in that bikini and jacket. So yeah if she got in because she got laid with the guild leader, eh who is she to complain?  ;D ;D ;D

Can't actually remember seeing the pic but I'll take your word for it! If she looks hot I'm sure Jessica would flirt to bring her to the guild. So if you can just up date the sheet with all the stuff we discussed I think we should be good to go.

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 10:08:34 PM
Can't actually remember seeing the pic but I'll take your word for it! If she looks hot I'm sure Jessica would flirt to bring her to the guild. So if you can just up date the sheet with all the stuff we discussed I think we should be good to go.

Okay that's weird. I thought I put it in the description. Oh well here is it anyway.

Wolfy

Name
Cora Davis
Nickname
The Librarian
Age 21
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation Bisexual
Wizard Class A
Height5' 11"                              Weight 157
Eye colour Green                      Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Left Cheek
Name of Magic Bibliophile
Details of magic
Bibliophile allows it's user to store and summon an endless amount of books. Cora's collection ranges from offensive, defensive, sealing and general utility magic, all stored within tomes that she can summon at will from extra dimensional space. She also has tomes of lore and information on various creatures, including summoning tomes to call forth creatures to fight for her.
Team N/A (For now)
Personality Lazy, yet intelligent. Cora has the air of a woman that likes to have a good time on her own terms, and her own terms usually means curled up in a nook with a book in hand. She's almost obsessive in the way that she devours knowledge whenever something new is presented to her, yet when it comes to work ethic she slacks off more than most. Her true potential shines whenever there's a desperate situation.
History
Ons/Off's
Ons: Oral giving and receiving, Vaginal, Titjobs, Threesomes, Foursomes, Moresomes.
Offs: Scat, Watersports, blood, bathroom play, etc.

(Going to finish this, just want to post up what I have so my magic can be worked on, cause I have a feeling it's too strong. xD)

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Wolfy on September 06, 2018, 10:48:25 PM
Name
Hitomi Tanaka
Nickname
The Librarian
Age 21
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation Bisexual
Wizard Class S
Height5' 11"                              Weight 157
Eye colour Green                      Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Left Cheek
Name of Magic Libra
Details of magic
Libra works in three ways. First, the user can manipulate paper and reinforce it in any way that they desire. They can both create paper and manipulate existing paper including restoring it back tfo it's original form if necessary. While the user can re-enforce said paper with mana to make it resistant to fire and water, it still can be burned or dowsed with sufficient attack strength.

The second way that Libra works is by creating books, specifically spell books. The user can copy spells onto paper that can then be sealed into books for later use, or even capture creatures for later release at the user's request. Capturing something requires covering them in paper, with each individual piece coming together to form a book of said creature. Information about said creature can be read from the book, as it functions as a normal book in any other hands aside from the Libra user, who can release the creature from the book. They do not, however, have any control over the creature that comes back out. Spells copied by the user are one use casts that can be employed to recreate the spell effect inscribed on the page.

The Third way Libra works is by allowing the user to Re-quip books much like one would re-quip arms and armor. Books are stored in an extra dimensional space to be called forward by the user.
Team N/A (For now)
Personality
History
One/Off's

(Going to finish this, just want to post up what I have so my magic can be worked on, cause I have a feeling it's too strong. xD)

Somewhat similar concept to the sisters from ROD: Read or Die and/or Dantalian from Dantalian no Shoka? Hmm... magic power aside, the name of the magic is kinda... I mean... I understand its "Libra" from "Library" but since we have a spirit key user and "Libra" is one of the major constellation, I think it's better to pick another name? I personally suggest "Bookkeeper"

Another issue I can tell is the magician rank. S rank is supposedly extremely rare and most of them are guild masters or has potential to be one. One of the reason Fairy Tail was called the strongest guild is that they are just about the only guild with multiple S rank mages. Considering the difficulty of attaining the rank, I think it is quite reasonable why FT is so special.

Which brings me to another thing to ponder: For an S rank, her magic is kinda... underwhelming. Sure, it has interesting concept (similar to Levi's magic, I think?) and potential to be incredibly strong with certain condition of her possibly having extremely strong beasts in her arsenal but it still quite underwhelming.

Also remember that demons and beast subjugation is a common request for guilds, that means that other than select few monsters (which usually so strong that the best even the strongest mages can do is seal them). Unless your character somehow manage to subjugate those beasts in one of her book somehow, I'd reckon her rank would be A at most.... Levi in the end of the story is an A rank and she's considered one of the strongest government official.

Another thing I forgot to mention: You'd notice that the naming custom in Fiore mostly follows western names (other than some exceptions who are most likely isn't native or descendant from non-natives). Added with your character appearance... the name just don't quite fit with the setting but that is up to the history you gonna cook up for her later :)

Wolfy

Well, I figured since no one else had taken an S-Rank mage, I would request for a spot. :3

As for her magic, it's versatility is where it shines. She can capture and store spells and creatures indefinitely, being the only on that can release them. Any creature captured by her magic is also instantly analyzed, with it's information appearing in the book that it's sealed within...and I don't think it's a stretch to say that she could seal demons or magical beasts with her magic.

The name change though is good. I'm thinking Cora Grace instead for a name, and Book-Keeper definitely works for her magic.

MelisaArtemis

well, it's up to Levi I guess... but remember that in canon, a strong as Natsu and Gray are, they are still A rank though I think they should qualify as S rank nearing the end of the story (Gray gaining the Demon Slayer Magic and all). the difference between S and A rank was shown to be like heaven and earth (Gildarts and Erza both owned Natsu in seconds when they fought)

I personally think it's better to stick A as the highest rank for guild members for now, maybe later on in the story, we can have an arc where members can try to S-rank?

Levi

@Sessha. Nice picture!

@wolfy a very interesting profile so far, I like where your going.

I think what Melisa said is valid and also it's a good idea for us to have some sort of goal after the immidate one of winning the grandmagic games so if you could change her rank to a.

@melisa great idea on the s rank trials, appreciate you pitching in when I'm not here :)

MelisaArtemis

@Wolfy Oh and if I may suggest ? I think it is better to have her a either an ex-quip user of magic books or a summoner type mage but not both?

The primary difference is simply whether she has 1 book or multiple.

A summoner would be something like Dearche (Material D) from Nanoha series in which she has a magic book which content consist of hundreds if not thousands of magic that she can summon at will simply by flipping to the proper page and read it.

Ex-quip would mean your character would be able to summon her collection of books from the subspace but each book would have to be about unique topic. Like... Book of beasts, book of demonic apparations, book of saords and so on. In that case, her ability to summon creatures / items would be power of the books themselves instead of her own (just like how Erza can switch armors and weapons according to the situation best fit for it but her magic is just a simple ex-quip magic)

Zaer Darkwail

Melissa has good suggestion; that Wolfy's char is magic tome user and just has power store and summon them (and her power or versatility increases based on acquiring new tomes/spellbooks). The magic of making paper hard/resilient is general utility magic which can be part of her innate magic (which would not suit for battles and such).

MelisaArtemis

This chapter in the manga showed what I mean:

spoiler because the characters are elementary and middle schoolers... Though it isn's NSFW

Levi

So with Wolfy and Sessha's characters incoming I'm not taking anymore mages for Peryton

However if anyone should be interested in playing any characters from other guilds either pm me or place a note here :)

1.fairy tail cannons are not allowed
2. No dragon slayer magic

Wolfy

Changed up her Name, Rank, and Magic...o3o Now I just need to finish her up.

Levi

Quote from: Wolfy on September 08, 2018, 12:47:56 AM
Changed up her Name, Rank, and Magic...o3o Now I just need to finish her up.

Awsome :)

Annie

Hi there! I have this character I made for another Fairy Tail game ages ago and never had a chance to use her in a group game:

Character Sheet: Eirena Godenhart

Eirena Godenhart, Female, C Rank Fairy Tail Member

~ Physical Info ~

Other pics (nsfw)

{Appearance}

Height: 5' 4"   Weight: 126 lb

A short-sighted, red haired girl, with blue eyes and a sweetly shy demeanor. She often carries some books tied to her belt, always ready to take notes or make a quick research about an important subject if necessary.

{Tattoo}
Right side of her neck.

~ Mentality ~

{Personality}
Eirena is very shy. She always speaks in a low tone and avoids to draw much attention to herself. Only exception is when she's lecturing or simply showing how much does she know about a certain subject. In times like these, she usually assumes a teacherly posture. Despite being as humble as she is, Eirena loves to be praised by her intelligence. Under this shell of shyness, a sweet, caring and romantic girl can be found, but it would take a lot to earn her trust.

Part of the reason behind this high guard and this extra shyness is the side effects of her entropic magic: Eirena is prone to have the most ridiculous accidents exposing her to very embarrassing situations. Her clothes gets thorn for little to no reason, people bump and fall over her in scandalous positions and so on. If there's a chance for something shameful to happen, it will happen to the poor girl.

Eirena does not partake in many of the Fairy Tail missions. She's not a fighter by any means and she's interested only in missions that offer the opportunity to use her intellect or make significant historical discoveries. But someone insistent enough can make her change her mind. Eirena has a hard time to say a 'no', specially if it is to help a fellow guild member.

When not in missions, Eirena usually can be found in the Fairy Tail small library. She loves books and researches and is always trying to learn something new.  When not in the library, she's training her swordplay. Eirena hates to exercise, but she found out that fencing could be an exception. Besides, it keeps her fit. However, her swordsmanship is just below average. She can't possibly win against someone in Ralena's level, for instance.

{Quirks}
{Phobias}
% Loves History and books.
The side effects of her entropic magic @
% She's a magnet for ecchi mishaps.
Be the center of attention @
% Encyclopedic knowledge

~ Ability Statistics ~

Proficiencies/Stats

Strength: D+
Agility: D+
Speed: C
Durability: D-
Senses: B-
Spirit:(Potency of Magic) A+
Intelligence: A+
Dexterity: C- (swords)

{Magic-Types}

Lost Magic: Entropy - a magic that allows its user to toy with the powers of chaos, probability and fate.

{Signature Spell}
Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair -
Type: Non-elemental / Offensive/Defensive
Range: any
Description: Eirena curses/blesses a person to have bad or good luck. This spell works by changing the probabilities of minor good/bad events happening around this person, to help/disturb him or her. Once she cast the spell, though, she had no control over the events. The effects won't last over an hour.
Class: A

{Spell List}
Name: Sensus Fragilitatis
Type: Non-elemental / Defensive
Range: close/mid range
Description: Eirena can sense where and how the chaos spreads in anything non-living, making it easy for her to identify a weak point on an object, for instance.
Class: C

Name: Acceleratio Chaos / Retardatus Chaos
Type: Non-elemental / Offensive/Defensive
Range:mid range
Description: Once she senses where the weakness resides, Eirena can command the chaos to hasten or slow its work. Machines can break, walls can crumble, wood can rot. The opposite works too: a machine would get more resistant to failures, for instance.
Class: B

Name: Fortuna in Sapientia
Type: Non-elemental
Range: n/a
Description: When going out on a mission, Eirena always choose some books to carry along with herself. By 'luck', those books often bring relevant information to her mission.
Class: B

{Non-magic Skills}
# Swordsmanship
# Historical and magical research
# Polyglot - including several runic languages used for magic

~ Personal Background ~

{Biography}

When Eirena was 10 years old, the only thing the Godenharts had was their name. Eirena's parents were bankrupt and did everything on their power to keep the image of a traditional, influential and, mainly, a rich family. From that time, Eirena's father always tried to arrange a marriage to his daughter that could save his family from poverty. The little Eirena had to grow up suffocated by her duties with her family. Her only friends were the books, where she learned her passion for history.

By the age of 15, the girl couldn't endure anymore and, incapable to confront her parents, she just ran away from home. Reaching the capital, Crocus, Eirena managed to get a job in a local library. By chance or destiny, she found out there a book with the history of her family's ancestor, a mighty mage called Bastus Godenhart. Bastus was one of the strongest mages of Fairy Tail and used a Lost Magic called Entropy. It was said he was the guild master for a brief, but prosperous moment.

The next year, Eirena researched all that she could about Bastus. Meanwhile, her magic powers awakened. Noticing those powers and eager to learn how to control them, Eirena tried to found any information about that Lost Magic. That's how she finally joined Fairy Tail a year later. Now, on the steps of her ancestor, Eirena finally found a true family.

I'll adjust her CS to the game and make a few necessary changes in her background (just change 'Fairy Tail' for 'Peryton', mostly). But I'd like to know if her magic skills are ok for this game, first!

Thanks!

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton