The Razing of Eden [EX, monstergirls/boys/etc] Recruiting

Started by Karma, January 07, 2016, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I wouldn't ban them but I would want to leave the final call there up to the GM.

wigglebiscuit

Finding a picture of a Neko that isn't just a sextoy is harder than it seems...

For some idea of things that may happen in this game, see these two posts: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175937.msg11966133#msg11966133 https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175937.msg11981836#msg11981836 They're a bit too much for the public area, so I'll just link to them. :)

I also put up a GM request in the other board.

Hob

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on January 12, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
Finding a picture of a Neko that isn't just a sextoy is harder than it seems...

If you haven't already, try searching under "feral neko" or "deadly neko".

AndyZ

If I went with the elf idea, it'd be more a shapeshifter pacifist trying to find ways to create harmony and coexistence.  If I went human...well, pretty much the opposite.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wigglebiscuit

After looking at the pics Karma posted, I think I'm going to go for something a little darker and more intimidating...like an arachnid.

JoanieSappho

Hrm. I really want the chance to play with/as the weirder sort of body type I like, but while I can deal fine with non-con stuff I'm not so sure about blood. How gory is this likely to be, does anyone know yet? (Or are we waiting for a co GM before deciding details?)

As gory as the players want it to be! And of course nothing will happen to your characters that you don't want.

EdwardShane

I'm admittedly waiting to see this idea more fully fleshed out before deciding what to play, exactly.  Though I have a feeling it'll be a less magically oriented species of some kind.

I'm willing to write up something much more detailed, but I'm hesitant to do so without having someone to hand it off to.

Hob

Having chatting with Karma about the story, I've offered to run a band of human hunters as NPCs if/when we can get this off the ground. (I might also run a merman, but that is up in the air... or more accurately, the water) This way whomever does end up GMing has one less set of "Bad guys" to worry about running. I do not have time to GM myself, as my 1x1 partners do take priority.

Quote from: Karma on January 11, 2016, 07:22:27 AM
It's for a lot of reasons, including those. They seem impossibly numerous and spend most days "increasing their ranks." They are technologically advanced (for the setting, they don't have computers or anything), they have a strong innate resistance to magic themselves, and probably most importantly, the vast majority of halmons don't have any magic that they can use for fighting. A cowgirl doesn't have much advantage over a human except hardiness and horns, for example. Some do have powers, of course, but they are much less common. Much of the magic in the world that could be used against humans is contained in elven technology which is very hard to find.

The humans as I see them might have one or two firearms per hunting group, but they would be of matchlock or wheel-lock variety. This means that they will be limited range, heavy, inaccurate, noisy, smokey, and (most of all) expensive. Powder would not just be wasted on any old monster that comes along! The humans would be hunting with bows, spears, swords, axes, fire, snares, traps, and their most deadly of weapons, their wits. In keeping with the setting as described, being shot is bad but being hacked apart is horrific.

As mentioned, the humans have a "strong innate resistance to magic."  Which I take to mean that a Siren or Succubus or Incubus (for example) might charm one or two hunters, but not the whole band at once. A Demon calling up dark forces to obliterate an opponent or a Dragon breathing magical fire might only injure or hinder the target. I would not take it to mean that humans are totally immune to magic, nor are they impervious to things like claws, teeth, horns, talons, or other sharp body parts that could rend them apart in seconds. Nor would they be immune to things like being stuck in an Arachne's webbing or being drown by a Mermaid. Ultimately, some sort of group consensus would have to be had on this, though.

Quote from: Karma on January 13, 2016, 02:53:56 PM
As gory as the players want it to be! And of course nothing will happen to your characters that you don't want.

As Karma has pointed out, consent is all. While the setting is one of horror and conflict for the characters, it's supposed to be fun for us as writers.

That being said, keep in mind that if you decide you want your character to be hunted, then that is exactly what will happen along with all the consequences of being caught; being enslaved, abused, tortured, raped (if the monster is "human" enough), killed, gutted, and eaten are all possibilities. Some humans will be cruel, some will be merely efficient, but either way the vast majority of them are going to be of the mindset that the halmon are nothing but animals, resources to be harvested and used.

Now before this all sounds too one-sided, please keep in mind that turn about is fair play and that this street goes both ways. A hunter who is unwary enough or unlucky enough to be lured into a trap set by monsters or be ambushed gets what he or she deserves. I have no issues with my characters dying or suffering similar fates to the ones described above so long as it serves the story. I will add that not all human are completely unsympathetic to the destruction they've caused (only about 5% or so, but it's something, right?), so it's entirely possible that killing a lone human might mean killing a potential ally. Then again?  It might also make for one hell of a poignant moment!

Here's hoping we find a GM or a couple of co-Gms soon, and we'll see what happens!

JoanieSappho

All but the gutting, I'm okay with, and I can skim over that well enough when it's happening to others and I don't need to focus too hard on it.
It's less that I don't want it to happen to my character and more I don't want to read about it in loving detail.
Admittedly, this is more of an informed off than a expressly known one.I know I'm bad with blood and such irl, and haven't gone near it in this sort of thing. I make no promises, but I can give it a shot, if it'l let me play a proper monster. And I can try skimming over those parts, I guess.

Hob

Quote from: JoanieSappho on January 13, 2016, 04:37:26 PM
All but the gutting, I'm okay with, and I can skim over that well enough when it's happening to others and I don't need to focus too hard on it.
It's less that I don't want it to happen to my character and more I don't want to read about it in loving detail.
Admittedly, this is more of an informed off than a expressly known one.I know I'm bad with blood and such irl, and haven't gone near it in this sort of thing. I make no promises, but I can give it a shot, if it'l let me play a proper monster. And I can try skimming over those parts, I guess.

And, again, everything is with players' consent. If you don't want to read about in detail, I won't put it in. Besides which, a living harpy or siren might be worth more than a dead one...

King Serperior

Now, while I will unable to play, I am keeping an eye on things.  This post caught my eye:
Quote from: Justric on January 13, 2016, 05:08:41 PM
And, again, everything is with players' consent. If you don't want to read about in detail, I won't put it in. Besides which, a living harpy or siren might be worth more than a dead one...

I thought I would offer a suggestion as to why a Harpy that is 90% bird like your avatar, Joanie, would have more worth alive than dead:  Mining detection.  After all, if the Harpy dies suddenly, it may be a good idea for the human overlords and slavemasters to get out of that tunnel!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Hob

Quote from: King Serperior on January 13, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
Now, while I will unable to play, I am keeping an eye on things.  This post caught my eye:
I thought I would offer a suggestion as to why a Harpy that is 90% bird like your avatar, Joanie, would have more worth alive than dead:  Mining detection.  After all, if the Harpy dies suddenly, it may be a good idea for the human overlords and slavemasters to get out of that tunnel!

I was thinking "garbage disposal" but that could work, too!

EdwardShane

That or maybe just a pet bird in a cage?  Like what we do with parrots.

Hob

Quote from: JoanieSappho on January 13, 2016, 04:37:26 PM

I think Karma is right, a judicious use of content tags will help everyone avoid unpleasantness that they don't wish to read through.  And also, in all honesty, I can't see many writers lining up to have their characters slaughtered and butchered in vivid detail.

Drake Valentine

Sorry, I lol at some of this.

Dragon's fire is 'magic?' I honestly do not see humans surviving a flame of fire that can lay waste to forests and buildings. much alone being able to do much to a dragon with mere flintlocks and other guns. Dragons are the boss monsters of any fantasy realm. Dragonkin/people/monster boys/girls of dragonic like body probably not so much; but a dragon itself is another entity of power and way out of league for mortals and other monstrous creatures. Hell, a dragon alone could probably wipe out the entire human invasion. Just saying.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

There is a difference between fire and magical fire. Most dragons breathe actual fire, to be clear, but the point stands that effects based on magic will have a mitigated effect on humans.

The power level of dragons is entirely based on the setting, too. In some settings they're indomitable forces of nature and in others they're just a big scary animal. What's true for one story may not be true for another.

Drake Valentine

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

I understand your bias, Drake, :P but that will not be the case here.

Drake Valentine

Hob

Think of it this way, Drake:

The setting as Karma has presented it puts the humans as the dominant force in the land for generations, possibly for centuries. They were powerful enough to destroy the civilization of the magic-wielding elves near to the point of genocide (elves being referred to only in the past tense.)  If there were a beast powerful enough to cause the havoc and destruction as described, then the humans probably would not have expanded as far as they have. As it is, they appear to be virtually unchallenged.  Granted, one could make the argument for "sleeping giants" (if you will) but that brings in the question of rarity.

Whether a dragon's fire can be considered mundane or magical is an arguable point, and I agree that perhaps it was not the best example for me to cite. Regardless, it will ultimately be the call of whomever dons the GM hat.