Chains of the Paladin

Started by The Great Triangle, April 06, 2008, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

A story idea in a medieval fantasy setting.

The premise of the setting is that there is a religious order known as the Paladins dedicated to fighting evil.  However, they don't merely stop at killing those who do evil, instead, when they can, they heal the wounds of those who they cut down.  Those people who had opposed the cause of justice and righteosness are adorned with shiny metal collars, bound up, and relentlessly diciplined amd conditioned to love authority and to accept justice happily.  The process, a freeform ritual aided by powerful magic from the gods of justice, is often whispered of as being impossible to resist. 

Those people made to love justice are then brought to the monestaries and cloisters of the order, made to meditate on what they did and profess their love of justice.  Some go back out into society, becoming trusted members of the societies who live in the shadow of the Paladins.  Some, awash with guilt, hang themselves by their collars, smiling gleefully.  Others, meanwhile, become full fledged Paladins, going out to redeem others of their foolish opposition to the cause of justice.  In the present day, it is far more common to see a collared missionary of the Palidiins than one who joined freely.

The RP itself will have as its main characters a strong collared female missionary of the Paladins, and a particularly agressive barbarian lord, who becomes the charge of the Paladin.  The first act of the story would concern the Paladin's capture and breaking of the barbarian, while the second act would concern the barbarian recovering from her minstrations and finding a way to apply the same brand of brainwashing.  I'd like to play as the barbarian, but I'd also be willing to play as the Paladin if a girl wanted to play the barbarian.  (I've kind of been wanting to do a gender reversed role play.)  Naturally, the story features a lot of bondage and ethical arguments, and the general theme is that of morality vs. freedom, exploring it from the perspective of "good" and "evil" moralities with bondage and domination as prime aesthetic elements. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs