House Dracula (Seeking others/males, inquire within)

Started by Dariusfallenstar, October 19, 2014, 02:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dariusfallenstar

We're doing a "Dracula" based group roleplay partially inspired by Dracula Untold but with a pretty divergent story. This features a free form posting rotation.

The characters in the group include:

Dracula (me)
Seeking: 1-2 Werewolves/Renfields
1-2: Vampires
Any number of Innocents (to be turned or devoured, depending)

This is a modern story, with character stuff and details about the settings/powers located here.

Right now we're running low on men, so feel free to peek in.

Dariusfallenstar

Rel Mayer

So - I actually saw this movie and rather liked it.

I'm possibly interested. :)

Dariusfallenstar

Coolness. What are your thoughts/what role would you enjoy playing?

deadmanshand

I really enjoyed Dracula Untold. I'd be interested in the Wolfman.

Mingnon

I haven't seen Dracula Untold (yet, I plan to soon), but I am curious.
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

GhettoMagick

I work at a movie theater so I saw the movie twice and a few snippets I wish they did more on his abilities though. im interested
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Dariusfallenstar

Very cool. I'll consider the setting and narrative and get back to you all with a proposal for how it would go down and see if interest remains.

Red Offerings

I've played with you before! I haven't seen Dracula Untold but I've seen the trailers. I love the premise. I'd be down for playing a bride/would-be bride/Innocent.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Dariusfallenstar

Assuming everyone is still interested, let me ask for an opinion or two:

1: Character sheets? (full or partial)
2: Posting order or free form? (I'm a fan of free form)
3: Do you want "GM" style posts where I handle world events and NPCs that your characters react to? (This is often easiest)
4: Does anyone else want to help run things?

Red Offerings

Quote from: Dariusfallenstar on October 22, 2014, 06:15:50 PM
Assuming everyone is still interested, let me ask for an opinion or two:

1: Character sheets? (full or partial) I'd vote partial. But it doesn't matter.
2: Posting order or free form? (I'm a fan of free form) Freeform!
3: Do you want "GM" style posts where I handle world events and NPCs that your characters react to? (This is often easiest) Agreed, GM would be great.
4: Does anyone else want to help run things?  I could possibly help.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Dariusfallenstar

Perfect.

Here's a good starting point:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=216135.msg10619676#msg10619676

Do we want historic or modern? The movie ends in modern times, and I don't care much either way. Modern just lets us play with sexier outfits.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Dariusfallenstar on October 22, 2014, 06:43:18 PM
Perfect.

Do we want historic or modern? The movie ends in modern times, and I don't care much either way. Modern just lets us play with sexier outfits.

The only reason I would say historic is entirely selfish due to the picture I want to use. But a modern setting purely allows for a broader playing field.

I guess I'll go with whatever.

Mingnon

I will go either way as well, leaning a bit towards modern.
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Red Offerings on October 22, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
The only reason I would say historic is entirely selfish due to the picture I want to use. But a modern setting purely allows for a broader playing field.

I guess I'll go with whatever.

Well, we'll be tapping into ancient/historic beings, so the picture would work just fine :P

I'll work on a modern setting post then, but feel free to post your characters or provide feedback on the OOC thread as you see fit.

Dariusfallenstar

Take a look:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=216135.msg10619677#msg10619677

I've left room for politics and intrigue, but I *hope* this setup leaves it flexible enough for everyone to have a fun voice.

Feedback welcome.

Red Offerings

Looks good to me. Leaves everything pretty open for a jumping point. I like that it's in Orange County - that place is Hell anyways.

Dariusfallenstar

I considered Atlanta, but I figured we could suspend disbelief more out there.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Dariusfallenstar on October 22, 2014, 09:53:14 PM
I considered Atlanta, but I figured we could suspend disbelief more out there.

That's for sure. We're also, being in the modern era, in the midst of the interestingly convenient sub-culture of vampire-loving wanna-be blood dolls. There's clubs and stuff for that kind of thing. LA would SO have shit like that.

Mingnon

So a couple questions:

-How does draining blood work? In the original Dracula novel, vampires can safely drain blood from victims so long as A: an excessive amount of blood isn't drained and B: the victim hasn't imbibed the vampire's blood. Is this the case here?
-When will witches be made available? Are you just going to wait until there's enough people for the other stuff?
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Red Offerings

^ Good question! I was also curious about the sorts of vampiric traits we will be functioning with too. As I said before, I haven't seen the movie yet. I saw you mentioned the sunlight, holy water/holy relics thing. Are we more like the "undead" kind of vampire or more like an almost evolution of the human race? Do/can we eat, drink things other than blood, see our reflections in the mirror? Just want to have that sorted out.

deadmanshand

The movie's version of vampires was very much of the undead variety. Drinking blood, burning in sunlight, vulnerable to silver, vulnerable to faith, stake in the heart finishes them, superhuman physical abilities, turn into bats, enhanced senses, vast regenerative abilities, summon and command bats... I think that was the full list shown by Dracula. The lessers showed only the basic physical abilities.

Dariusfallenstar

Quote from: Mingnon on October 23, 2014, 06:16:13 PM
So a couple questions:

-How does draining blood work? In the original Dracula novel, vampires can safely drain blood from victims so long as A: an excessive amount of blood isn't drained and B: the victim hasn't imbibed the vampire's blood. Is this the case here?
-When will witches be made available? Are you just going to wait until there's enough people for the other stuff?

Here's where I'm leaning (but I am totally open to thoughts):

1: Newborn vampires and werewolves are *just* like ancient mythology depicts them - this includes being able to feed safely without killing their prey. Vampires are basically really powerful undead when they are first born, and werewolves are basically apex predators. Over time (hundreds of years for vampires and decades for werewolves), they gain control over their powers and abilities and can resist many of the things that they would normally be quite weak to. On top of that, meddling with witches and warlocks over the years has resulted in some vampires and werewolves having a few special abilities, resistances, and traits. Likewise, some strains of vampire may be unique - so if someone wants to join as a "half vampire" we'd use witches to explain that.

2: I would definitely consider allowing witches if someone has a vision and interest. At this moment, I see them as being more NPCs, since magic "breaks the rules" as it were.

Make sense/still work for everyone?

Mingnon

Thanks for answering the second question, but you didn't really address the first one: Will draining blood work like in the original Dracula novel where as long as too much blood isn't drained/a vampire's blood isn't imbibed, biting will have no effect?
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Red Offerings

Well put by both you and deadman. I was weighing having Erzsebet come from the 1600-1700's. Not sure if that matters.

On the aside, I always appreciated the Underworld version of vampires - where they could even conceive offspring - versus the undead types. However, it's not a deal-breaker for me, just something I kind of like.