Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Actually we had a PM inquiry on Hawkeye. So we may have one yet. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

TamaRose

Hero Name: Magma

Identity:Amara Juliana Olivians Aquilla a.k.a Allison Crestmere

Secret or Public Identity: Secret

Power Tier: Two

Origin of Powers: Mutant

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 131

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blonde

Description (Appearance):

Face Claim: Sasha Bonilova

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers: Geokinesis: Amara can psionically control the movement of the tectonic plates within the Earth's crust within limited areas, probably no less than a radius of a few city blocks. Within this area she can create small or large earthquakes by psionically affecting the Earth's crust.

Pyrokinesis: She can create flames and project blasts of heat that do not contain any molten rock. However, she apparently prefers to fire magma blasts rather than simple heat blasts, perhaps because the magma blasts have a solid impact that can knock down a target. The highest level of heat that Magma can generate is not yet known, but it is believed that she can reach at least 850° Fahrenheit or higher.

Geo-thermokinesis: She can psionically cause magma, or molten rock, from far beneath Earth's surface to rise to and break through the surface, forming miniature volcanoes. can also telekinetically project fiery blasts of magma at targets. Apparently she does so by turning nearby rock molten and then telekinetically hurling it at her target.

Magma Form: When using her powers Magma's body shines with intense light and gives off tremendous heat. Her hair seems ablaze with fiery light. Neither her own heat nor heat from any other known source can burn or otherwise harm Magma. Although Magma has triggered small earth tremors without taking on her glowing form, she has never been seen to use her power to fire lava blasts while in her ordinary human appearance. Magma is not blinded by the light she gives off in her shining form and is immune to the dangerous effects of flame and heat while in it. This ability can also be called geo-thermokinesis.

Magma's power to create small or large earthquakes and volcanic eruptions is linked to her emotions. She could unintentionally create major earthquakes and large-scale volcanic activity by losing control of her temper and becoming unusually angry.

Special Skills and Background Perks: Magma is a skilled swords woman due to her training in Nova Roma. Extensive knowledge of ancient Roman culture. Also is Granted the ability to heal simultaneously when touched by some heat substance.

Special Equipment: Magma's costume and clothing are made from unstable molecules so that they will not be harmed by the tremendous heat she generates.

Brief History: Magma can trigger small earth tremors when in her human form, but can only generate heat or flame or telekinetically hurl molten rock when she is in her glowing form. Magma's powers depend on her maintaining contact with the Earth or whichever planet she is on, or at least with a floor that is part of a structure in contact with the ground. Magma's powers are linked to her emotions; hence, by losing her temper she can temporarily lose control of her powers.

New Mutants: Amara remained in hiding for years until she was captured by the New Mutants, who were on an expedition in the Amazon jungle. They learned of her disguise, but then both Amara and the New Mutants were captured by soldiers of Nova Roma and imprisoned. Now held prisoner by Selene, Amara was to be sacrificed. Selene used her mutant powers to drain Amara's life energy into her own body. The New Mutant, Mirage, attacked Selene. This distraction caused Selene to release Amara from her control, but Selene knocked Amara into a pit of lava. Somehow, rather than harming Amara, her immersion in the lava awakened her latent mutant powers. Together, Amara, with her new-found powers, and the New Mutants defeated Selene and helped thwart Senator Gallio's attempt to kill Senator Aquilla and seize power. Amara was instructed to go to the United States with the New Mutants and there learn about modern civilization.

Amara did so, reluctantly, and became a member of the New Mutants, under the code-name Magma. In the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the New Mutants were tutored, by Professor X, and trained in the use of their powers, in the Danger Room. At first, Magma experienced culture shock, however she soon got a handle of modern civilization, including such things as computers and electricity. Amara also made quick progress in the use of her powers, being able to melt tunnels into the ground with the walls cooling down in mere seconds.

As a form of payback, Empath turned Amara and Sunspot over to the Gladiators where they are forced to battle for entertainment by a former New Mutant, Karma.

Later, Amora the Enchantress kidnapped the New Mutants to Asgard. While attempting to escape, Magik used her teleportation discs and the Enchantress' magics affected the destination and the New Mutants were separated through time and space. Amara ended-up in Svartalfheim and was seduced and transformed into a fairy by the Dark Elves. After the New Mutants defeated Amora, the X-Men arrived to assist them in rescuing Storm and Amara was restored to her natural state. After their adventure in Asgard, the New Mutants found themselves under the guidance of a new teacher, Magneto.

Kree: Even though the Kree hadn't been around for very long while they were on earth, it didn't keep them from trying to take over the majority of New York while they were there. Teaming up with Wasp and the Invisible Woman, Magma fought along side of them, helping them and all of the super heroes and mutant of New York take them down, sending them back home with their tails between their legs.

Played by: TamaRose

*Magma can trigger small earth tremors when in her human form, but can only generate heat or flame or telekinetically hurl molten rock when she is in her glowing form. Magma's powers depend on her maintaining contact with the Earth or whichever planet she is on, or at least with a floor that is part of a structure in contact with the ground. Magma's powers are linked to her emotions; hence, by losing her temper she can temporarily lose control of her powers.*

LunarSage

Approved, Tama... but please in the future we would like sheets PMed directly to us.  Thank you.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

After a long hiatus the game is reopened!!

GAME IS UPDATED FOR NEW PLAYERS.

AND NEWLY OPENED CHARACTER SLOTS!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Not much has happened in game since the game started, so don't worry about relationships and such already being established.  Come on in and join the fun!

There will be GM ran plots for those who enjoy such things.  Otherwise, it's essentially a sandbox game with canon Marvel superheroes. 

Check the first post for character availability.  If you don't see a character you're interested in, send Josietta and I a pm and we'll consider the character.

Josietta

Also to note there hasn't been any big plots or events that you might have missed out on as new players. We had a couple small plots, like a bank robbery, that happened but nothing overly extravagant. Any relationships you might see are basically friendships as everyone really didn't get a lot of play in before the game went on hiatus.

We are ready now to get things rolling and hope it can be fun for everyone! Come on in and join us! We're ready to have loads of fun!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

lights

I would love to play as Sentry. Paul Jenkins did such a great job creating him, it's just such a pity that other writers couldn't do him justice.

I read that you'd want me to try out a lower powered character first so I'd go with Daredevil who I can't believe isn't taken yet. If that sounds okay let me know and I'll get a sheet done.

He won't have Ben Affleck as a face claim. Lol.

Josietta

Sounds good! Just pop your sheet over in a PM to both Lunarsage and myself. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I'll go ahead and mark off Daredevil and Sentry.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Josietta

Quote from: Sirian Eve on August 28, 2018, 01:35:21 PM
I would like to reserve Monet. :)

I will put you down! Be sure to PM your sheet to both, Lunarsage and myself!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Sketch

Tentatively I would like to reserve Cable, I mean I was tempted to say XMan (as they are technically the same person :P)

LunarSage

Quote from: Sketch on August 28, 2018, 06:35:56 PM
Tentatively I would like to reserve Cable, I mean I was tempted to say XMan (as they are technically the same person :P)

As you know, it's complicated.  :P

LunarSage

LunarSage

Come on, folks!  We still have some iconic characters available to play. 

Captain America and Iron Man currently have no players attached to them.  They're about as iconic as it gets!

Neither do Hawkeye, Tigra and Wasp.

Ant Man I (Hank Pym, who is not an old man) and Ant Man II (Scott Lang) are available as well.

Human Torch, She Hulk and most of the X-Men are all free.

...and WONDERMAN is free.  Come on, who wouldn't want to play Wonderman?   ;D

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Sketch

I'm really surprised Wonderman isn't Tier III to be honest.  He's gone toe to toe with the Hulk and almost knocked out Thor before.

I corrected myself to say almost. :P

Black Howling

Quote from: Sketch on August 29, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
I'm really surprised Wonderman isn't Tier III to be honest.  He's gone toe to toe with the Hulk and knocked out Thor before.

I can understand the tier 2 make up for him. While almost as physically strong as Sentry, he lacks the overall destructive capacity of him. He also has a few more weaknesses than let's say Sentry, Hyperion or Blue Marvel. Just to list some in the same general category with a similar powerset.

Sketch

That is pretty true, most Tier 3 can do large scale damage pretty quickly. Wonderman is more single target.

lights

Quote from: Josietta on August 28, 2018, 01:15:24 PM
Sounds good! Just pop your sheet over in a PM to both Lunarsage and myself. If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I'll go ahead and mark off Daredevil and Sentry.

That's awesome. I'll have the sheet done as soon as possible.

Quote from: LunarSage on August 29, 2018, 10:07:49 AM...and WONDERMAN is free.  Come on, who wouldn't want to play Wonderman?   ;D

Don't forget that if we have Wonderman, someone should also play his best and most loyal friend Ares:

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Sketch

Crash

Quote from: Writersblockade on August 30, 2018, 07:24:18 PM
*goes back to praying for a she hulk!*

Sorry.  I thought it best to offer her up instead of treading water making her and maybe not being as quick to post.  She is popular I am sure someone else will grab her.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

TheBlackThrone

I saw that you switched an option I would have liked to a NPC. Was it because no one was using him? Or someone was using him already as a NPC to explain their character's story because I would have really liked to claim Frank Castle.

Sending a PM.  O:)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings