Best/Worst Role Playing Attributes

Started by Wolven Soul, February 15, 2015, 06:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolven Soul

We all have our strengths and weakness when it comes to this beloved past time of ours.  What would you consider yours to be?

My greatest strength I believe, is character creation.  Modestly speaking, I think I am pretty good at coming up with the histories and personalities of my characters. 

On the other side, my biggest weakness is somewhat related.  I am terrible at coming up with names for those characters, or names of places for that matter. It takes me forever to think up a name, and sometimes I have to resort to a name generator or look through lists of names.  :P
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Blythe

My best strength? I would say dialogue and internal character thought.

My largest weakest? Sometimes I struggle to move plot forward and need pushed a bit. ^^;

Zeth

My best Strength? Creativity. Sometimes I am just hit with the most epic ideas or plots.

My worst weakness? Impatience. Maybe it is the ADHD, or maybe I just watched too many forum games die off, but I always want to rush through things and this annoys many partners.

Angelic Kitten

My Best Strength   ~ Getting into character, and making the character real

My Worst Strength ~ I distract easy, and rarely have time to give projects the loving attention they need.

Twisted Crow

My greatest strength? Character relationships, dynamic Villians, shock and awe and "showing-rather-than-telling". I'm told that people like my diction and they like that I'm "full of surprises" apparently.

My greatest weakness? Especially so lately... confidence. I don't feel like I stand out. So it would be confidence.

Piper

Best- Portraying thoughts and emotions for my characters.

Worse- Adding surprise elements (twists, conflicts).

Nico

Strengths?

Character development, coming up with complex character backgrounds (giving them a history and personality), plot twists, dialogue and internal monologue, describing a setting, describing how a character feels, what they see, hear, etc., writing multiple characters in a story, adding new ideas to a story;

Weaknesses?

Plenty! ~laughs~

I often don't like my posts, I am my own, worst critic and I generally think that I am a boring writer and not a good writing partner. I know nothing about fandoms, I don't do system games. There is much I don't care to write about/know nothing about. I am a slow poster, most of the time.

Omnius

Best: Character building and paying attention

Worst: for systems: mapping. for free form: Resolving what happens for tense situations without dice

Ralhend

Best:  All around raw power of imagination

Worst:  My ideas are sometimes outlandish to the extreme, and turn the partner off or otherwise detract the story in some way.
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Bedroom Lazarus

Strengths: Bending my words around in way to excite and inspire the imagination.

Weakness: Not being able to express praise to those I write with easily.
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Nova Genesis

My strength is back stories, a specific goal, and conflict.

My weakness is finding a way to create bonds  between my characters and others that will leave them more than just close on the surface.

HannibalBarca

Strengths: Dialogue, detail, and atmosphere.

Weaknesses: getting posts out in any kind of timely fashion XD
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

AmberStarfire

My best trait? Writing quality and world building. I think I'm pretty good at bringing my characters to life. I pride myself on my ability to write love scenes, fight scenes (especially swashbuckling) and courtly intrigue (fantasy historical) well.

My worst trait? Slowness and a sporadic muse. I always have a number of projects on the go at once and I have a tendency to take on more than I should at times.

MasterMischief

I like to think I have a talent for making my read feel they are in the story.  When I get into a groove, I feel like I am simply transferring emotion to the words.

Ironically enough, I believe my biggest weakness is description.  I have done too much technical writing and now my style is unduly influenced by brevity and directness.

Twisted Crow

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 27, 2015, 08:47:51 AM
I like to think I have a talent for making my read feel they are in the story.  When I get into a groove, I feel like I am simply transferring emotion to the words.

Ironically enough, I believe my biggest weakness is description.  I have done too much technical writing and now my style is unduly influenced by brevity and directness.

Is it too late to change my answer to something like this? I feel like this is fairly accurate for myself as well. Although, good llama, I would also argue that brevity (can be) the soul of wit. Perhaps your weakness could also be a defining strength? Heh. Just thinking, is all. ;)

MasterMischief

Quote from: Dallas on November 28, 2015, 01:52:12 AM
Is it too late to change my answer to something like this? I feel like this is fairly accurate for myself as well. Although, good llama, I would also argue that brevity (can be) the soul of wit. Perhaps your weakness could also be a defining strength? Heh. Just thinking, is all. ;)

Oh absolutely.  The trick is knowing what requires brevity and what needs elaboration.

Twisted Crow

True that. I think that is one thing that I struggle with. That and knowing when enough description is enough. :D