Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

A team up episode with the best team of any season and they only manage to get Red in... if I were a cynical fan, I'd say this was because Saban is still under the impression that the Red one is the only one that matters and all the other colours are just his back up singers. But I'm certainly not a cynic xD

Sabby

Well, Andy sent me a picture of a Kamen Rider team, thinking it was Power Rangers... and it dropped my fucking jaw. See, I consider a detailed Power Rangers suit to be one that fits on the shoulders. This shit blew me away!

That's pretty damn impressive. So, I look it up online, find a few seasons, have them downloading now, and then I find out Saban tried to do the same thing with it he did with Sentai.

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight Official Trailer

Jmorty33

Yeah Kamen Rider is pretty awesome. That season is Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (Well that's the American title) The first one in that line is Dragon Knight, though in the last couple of episodes he becomes Onyx (Same costume different color scheme) it was ok for an Americanization of the longest running Sendai series other than Super Sentai.

My favorite, and in my opinion the best, season is Kamen Rider Kiva. Good characters, Wataru really grows as a character and as the true King of the Fangire.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Sabby

Yeah, I have Kiva, Agito, Kabuto, Den-O, and 555/Faiz downloading. I'm a little peeved at having to read subs, since I hate Japanese voices, but I'm streaming the 'American Ice' version Dragon Knight.

Oniya

Kamen Rider is like Power Rangers crossed with Highlander (in the American version, at least), in a way that doesn't water down either of them.  I wish our local stations had been able to get more seasons.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jmorty33

Well actually Dragon Knight is the only Americanzied Kamen Rider series other than that God awful Power Rangers spin off, Masked Rider. I don't know if the group that produces that Kamen Rider series in Japan would be willing to release rights for another one.

Sabby

Well... ya did it Saban.

Oh wow, that looks really cool. I wonder what this new season will be like!

Quote from: The Morphing GridMegaforce features Gosei, a supernatural being who has protected the earth for centuries with his robotic assistant, Tensou. But when the evil Warstar aliens begin their massive invasion, Gosei calls upon five teenagers with attitude to form the ultimate team...the Power Rangers Megaforce!
When the teens morph into Power Rangers, they gain superhuman strength, agility, and mastery over martial arts. In addition to defending earth against the Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound. In order to face these new threats, the Power Rangers Megaforce unlock powerful battle modes to fight their adversaries.

Just... Please Disney. You already saved Star Wars this year! Can you please take Power Rangers away from Saban again? x.x Pretty please?

Jmorty33

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Gokaiger stuff, it's pirates.... IN SPACE!

Oh come on dude, Saban was good in the early years. They've just slipped up the past couple of seasons

Sabby

He's only had Samurai so far, and it was a massive step backwards. Basically undid everything the series accomplished without him. And this Megaforce looks like an even bigger step backwards. The show was far better off in Disney's hands.

Jmorty33

I agree with you on Samurai, it was basically MMPR but with Samurai. You think disney has done a good job? Two words: Operation Overdrive. The only thing good about that series was "Once a Ranger". Hell I would much rather watch that than what Overdrive was doing.

Sabby

Ninja Storm, Wild Force and Operation Overdrive were the only real flops Disney made. The other 5 seasons all ranged from watchable to on par with In Space and Lost Galaxy, and the last they did was far superior to anything Saban ever made.

Jmorty33

I'll agree with you on Ninja Storm but I thougt Wild Force was pretty good. In my own opinion I thought Jungle Fury was the best. Though I thought Lost Galaxy had some flaws that made me not wan to watch it.

Sabby

Yeah, Lost Galaxy had a slow start that turned a lot of people away from it.

I just don't like this downgrading... hate it.

Wolfy

So..Samurai is done, isn't it?

Also, for any of you fans,

Linkara does a good job Summarizing Each Season of Power Rangers..so far he's made it up to SPD.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/hopr

Give them a watch. :3

Jmorty33

Yeah, I've watched HOPR since the beginning and I'm really starting to get impatient with his scheduel for posting.

krakenknight

Quote from: Jmorty33 on December 31, 2012, 11:30:48 AM
Yeah, I've watched HOPR since the beginning and I'm really starting to get impatient with his scheduel for posting.

It can't be helped, he's been flooding other content at the moment and lets be honest, Power Rangers is loooong in the tooth on seasons.

Jmorty33

Yeah I know he has to do AT4W and comics in 5 panels, but he could at least try to keep to a regular scheduel.

Sabby

Found Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on Youtube. Every episode. I stopped watching a while ago, but I'm back up to episode 24.

As much as I love Power Rangers... this is just superior to it.

Jmorty33

Yeah I watched most of KR: Kiva on YouTube. I agree, the pacing, character developments and plot lines are much more solid than most Power Ranger seasons.

Sabby

Kiva is on there to? Is that the one with the really shy boy with all the chains and the monsters are made of stained glass?

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on February 08, 2013, 02:24:31 PM
Found Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on Youtube. Every episode. I stopped watching a while ago, but I'm back up to episode 24.

As much as I love Power Rangers... this is just superior to it.

Cool - I remember watching that when it made an all-too-brief appearance on the Saturday morning cartoon block.  Might have to go poking the depths of YouTube again.  After Cosmos, though.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rex Pacis

Oh man I love Power Rangers...first show I remember from my childhood after Ninja Turtles...Beetleborgs anyone? xD

SPD was probably my favorite. Space was pretty awesome...Rangers/Turtles crossover...again awesome. Unfortunately now the newer American versions make me cringe...though maybe I just haven't been letting them hit their stride.

I prefer the Sentai now thanks to SPD cause Dekaranger was great. Magiranger>>>>(yea. four greater thans.)Mystic Force and though I haven't finished Gekiranger(Jungle Fury) it is pretty rocking too. Shinkenger drops a load on most of what I saw from Samurai and Go-Onger(RPM) was alright too. Though you might be disappointed by the serious lack of Dillon, Sabby. Gunpei is definitely no Dillon...kinda the opposite actually lol. Maybe Hiroto?

So if you haven't seen the Sentai versions do yourselves a favor. It will be like an alternate universe for your favorite seasons...you know cause Japan is an alternate universe. I was excited for Gokaiger too until I saw the first episode of Megaforce(Goseiger) and it seems they are working the ranger keys into this season. Here's hoping they were just teasing us with them though. -crosses fingers-

http://tvnihon.com/

Cause youtube don't cut it for me. Lol

I skimmed most of the topic and I gotta ask. Cause it was my biggest concern as a fan. So in line with your discussion...is it the morphing grid that also teaches them how to use their weapons and abilties? "Alright Zordon just sent us this new death cannon." -Rangers know where all the buttons and dials are and fire the weapon's most powerful attack with no problems or questions-
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Sabby

I really don't care about Sentai ^^' I'm fully aware that it's superior to Power Rangers sometimes (I know this is a season to season kind of deal) but I've already seen everything from Power Rangers, and I don't like the idea of watching it again edited, even if the dialogue/plot is better.

As for Jungle Fury, I don't think I've had the chance to properly gush over that one! xD More specifically, over the costumes. Power Rangers has always looked a little random in that department. Even in the good seasons. And I'm one of those weird guys who doesn't like the silliness (I know, right?) so Jungle Fury might have been a bit boring, but holy fuck they nailed it with the monsters. There was a consistency to them, and they didn't look like cartoon characters and cereal mascots mixed with Godzilla villains, they actually looked like friggen demons without being out of place.

Much better then "Cobra Man With Cats Claws" and "Bug Eyed Robot With Soda Bottles", huh? :3

Rex Pacis

Oh yea that was a great season for sure. On both sides of the pond though I didn't watch all of either one haha.

Now I couldn't find the original video where I found out about this which I think was funnier but...yea...here you go....I would say you're welcome but you'll see. xD

TRANSFORMATION~!
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Sabby