The Greatest Show in the Universe

Started by IrishWolf, August 04, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julles

Im still interested. its just i was hoping to play an animal/beast trainer, and that seems to have already sparked an interest by someone. Soooo... trying to figure it out, i guess.

IrishWolf

You playing with the giant boobed Sorceress there MzHyde?

Well Julles, we can have more then one beast trainer, after all, we have the entire universe to pick up wild critters to entertain the masses.

Julles

Ah, yes, very true. Well, then hopefully i can get to writing up a CS tonight after work.  :D

Zaer Darkwail

Voice interest, need ponder on concept bit but my char is definately going to be male (so not that female heavy but have lots females around is not bad thing as already said).

Julles

Ok. Working on a CS now.  ;D Decided to go with an aerial performer, that's always fun.

Chreestafer

Interested in this.  Anyone taking the classic flame swallower?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Julles

Flame swallower would be cool, Chreestafer!  ;D

Oh, and how many people were you looking for Wolf before we started?

MzHyde

Name:Shara Starshooter
Species:Draken
Sexuality: Bisexual
Profession:Marksman, Security Chief

Appearance: Tall and lithe. Draken are typically very nimble and athletic and Shara is no exception. There is a fine balance of feminine curves and muscle tone in her body that makes her appealing even to human eyes. She has tough, violet skin (not scales as one would expect from a lizard-like race). Her sides are adorned with what simply appear to be flowing designs but, upon closer inspection, are actually composed of the Drakari language. The marks tell the story of the significant events of her life. As the Draken are often mercenaries and very far from home, this helps identify their bodies should they perish. Her performance outfit usually consists of an open black jacket with gold trim, a red corset, tall black boots, and tight-fitting black pants. Casually, she tends to stick with simpler, more functional garments like BDU's, shirts, vests, or anything easy to wear.

Personality:She gives off a definite 'big sister' vibe. Shara is very protective of her co-workers and friends. She exudes a quiet confidence and trustworthiness that makes her very approachable. Shara is friendly and outgoing most times, but she can be very businesslike and professional when it comes to dealing with trouble.

Act(s):
'Shara The Star Shooter' - Shara puts on a small show between two of the bigger acts to give those performers time to get ready. She has a small array of trick shots that she does while distracting the crowd with light-hearted banter.  She then closes with some knife juggling, and throwing. The rest of the time, she acts as the circuses Security Chief, helping keep the rowdier crowds in line, making sure nobody steals anything, and keeping an eye out for hostile planetary factions.

Extra Talents: Shara is a former mercenary and has the skillset one might expect from someone in the profession of hunting and tracking other beings. She is knowledgeable in security systems, tactics, survival, first aid, and basic ship repair. Her real talents are, of course, her excellent marksmanship and combat ability.

Bio: Once the circus started to get into full swing and it was clear that certain areas of the galaxy didn't take too kindly to 'freaks' and 'adult entertainment', it became clear that the place needed to beef up protection. Not only for the safety of the guests, but for the performers, animals, and equipment too. That's where Shara came in. She was a freelance mercenary working for Empire Securities at that point and her route home was taking her past where Cooper's show was taking place. Having heard about it, she decided to stop in to spend some of her hard-earned credits on a night of light-hearted entertainment. It proved to be anything but, as it turns out the inhabitants of the planet didn't care too much for the performance taking place. Without warning, they attacked the main tent and everyone inside. Shara helped fight them off, saving the lives of many of the performers in the process. After that night she was offered a job to join on as part of the new security team. Thinking it would be something exciting and new, she accepted.

IrishWolf

No flame eaters yet Chreestafer.

Well, I wanting for Rainbow and Curvy to offer up their characters and then I'm thinking I will open up the game (no pressure you two). Oh and you can post your character sheet Julles.

Very nice MzHyde, I like Shara and I think our opening planet will have plenty for her to do.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, how about strongman actor? But considering this is galactic scaled circus I assume whoever is pulling the acts need to do some amazing stunts. So would like know what is acceptable limit/scale for strong man in galactic circus? So far thinked his origins is that he was slave worker for some mine operations in fringe. Personality wise a kind giant type of man who is slow thinker (some may call dumb even). Hates violence and dislikes using his strength for violent means.

IrishWolf

Well I don't think that the limits of what a human can lift unaided will change too much, even as far in the future as this story is set. As for limits, well if you go with a regular human, then I would say anything the guys in the World's Strongest Man events can do, then your strongman can do. However, if you wanted to make a mutant or altered human or alien strongman, well you'll get more liberties.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, idea was about a human (which may be mutated) which lived on planet which had x10 times greater gravity force than earth. So where world's strongest guy can lift in earth 1,000lb, the strongest man from that planet lifts 10,000lb. As it was also manual labor force than just using machines, then striking and impact power is also greater (can example have punch power to strike through solid normal steel and dent metals what no one else could do).

IrishWolf

Well if you wanted to do something like that, your character would have to be an alien or a very heavily geneticly altered human, with extreme bio mechanical organs. Human beings can possibly thrive in 2 to 3 times Earth gravity but anything stronger then that and we can't get blood flow to the brain. We'd die. I'm not trying to go for Hard Scifi here but things we can't survive, we can't survive.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. I am fine with bioengineered with biotech armed human. So a cyborg considering most his bones, internal organs and such had been replaced. Biotech provided to help reinforce his body (his skin is artificial with nanotech implanting and made resist wear and tear). Also background wise there can be ancestry of humans who had lived at first G 2 planets, then G 3 and then G 4 and so on. But none were natural past G 5 (there human limits came and then biotech and bioengineering came in).

Because of extensive bio engineering and biotech it results working class of the planet be indebted to life to government who provided the very things to give them ability survive higher G forces. None the less even with all biotech involved and engineering the guy is freakishly strong and also resilient (higher gravity = higher speed when you fall over). So if 32'ft is standard per second to speed escalation when something falls with zero air resistance on G 1 earth. Then in that planet stuff falls 320'ft per second in escalation (so when you trip over there you would shatter bones and break skin from sheer impact).

None the less, my guy is wanted refugee from that planet and so he is wanted by tyrannical Fringe colony government. He also would be stocky and shorter than most but he would have huge bulging muscle mass and his strength would be amazing in most planets and race standards. For aesthetic reasons biotech and bioengineering is not obvious to surface (but he is not that pretty either). But no doubt more informed member of audience would know what's going on but part of the show is to make the feats of strength entertaining and it's still amazing feat of human adaption and showing what difference G 10 makes compared to G 1 with humans.

One1

I' still be interested in joining, if it is possible. I have no character scheme for now though, because i am kind of tired and my brain just don't work. I'll get my strenght back, and think of something if there is still some, space :)
||Piggy

IrishWolf

We have plenty of space One1, I look forward to what you come up with.

That looks like a good plan Zaer Darkwail, I can't wait to see the character sheet

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I will start work on it on sunday. So my guy would double during daytime as entertainer and as a freak (freak in sense he is though also and he could offer baseball bats for people hit him as in G 1-2 such hits only tickle him). During adult entertainment he is not involved thanks his slow wit nature (and his kindness and his freakish strength could kill people if he grows any taste perform BDSM with someone). But he may have peeping tom habit during those hours by spying and just watching (any relationships with the crew is possible but would prefer if he is virgin and shy sort about that subject).

IrishWolf

CurvyKitten

Hey sorry I haven't gotten anything up, I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do really. I kind of lost my muse a bit and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my girly. As I don't want to have another paste and copy of someone else character you know.

IrishWolf

Are you still thinking of working with Rainbow and having sibling characters or do you want to go in another direction?

CurvyKitten

Not sure I think Rainbow is having trouble with her sheet as well. I kind of something in my mind I just wouldn't have any idea what her role at the circus would be honestly.

Julles

Name:
Hattie 'Anteina' Volynski
Species:
Human

Appearance:
Extra Picture
Personality:
Anteina is a very strict person, most likely from her upbringing. But this personality can subside pretty quickly when she gets a good group of friends around her. It would be easier to say she is strict on herself. Not many people are so self-trained and rigorous as she is, and she prides herself on that fact. She is very proud of her work, and she works very hard all the time to stay on top of her game, and even expanding her horizons. She likes to be perfect, and she will do what she has to to achieve that. But outside of herself and with other people she can be kind of shy, but with a group of friends she is very outgoing and fun. Some might call her dangerous, because she likes to push things to the edge just see how far she can get things to go or bend; test the boundaries. The people that know her well would call her fun and exciting, while people who don't would call her mundane and maybe even bitchy. Her work is her world though, and you can usually find her in the ring working on her technique and such.

Sexuality:
Strait

Profession:
Aerial Performer (ropes, hoops, silks, etc)

Act(s):
Does an act in the sky with the silks and couple hoops. Mostly the act features silk movements though.

Extra Talents:
She is a talented a very talented dancer, as it is where she started in her life. But, she is really good at voltige, but she became more confident in aerial performances, still does it for fun though.

Bio:

Hattie had a pretty odd upbringing through the ever expanding universe. When she was born her parents had wanted nothing to do with her, but they couldn't get rid of her for fear of looking down upon by other members of the family and friends. They didn't do much with her and she was a very self amusing child for a while. Her parents got frustrated with having the burden of a child at such a young age, and eventually the adopted her away. But, it wasn't easy. In fact her parents went to great lengths to make sure that she was to never be found by any of her real family members again, and staged things to make it seem like their little Hattie had died in a horrible accident. When Hattie was about 5 is when she was given to her new family. Being so young she couldn't understand what was going on, and she really doesn't remember her horrible parents. And unlike most orphaned children she had decided that she never cared enough to try and find her real parents or family. They left her and didn't want her, why would she want anything to do with them. At least that is how she thought about it.
Her new family was amazing and a very interesting lot. All her characteristics are very clearly from the family, from her rigorous training to her pushing of limits, it's all from the family. Her new family was a very diverse group of performers and never stayed in one place for very long. This made it hard for her to make friends, and might be a reason why she is a little introverted at times, but she doesn't care. It gave her a bug for traveling, and she loves it. Loves new places, and new things. Her new mother gave her the nick name 'Anteina' because of a peculiar occasion. When Anteina was seven she was playing with the horses, and she had been trying to climb higher and higher from the horses back up a rope. Her mother walked in and didn't freak out like most mothers would, but instead watched the little girl climb and swing. The name means 'aerial' and she took onto it quickly, living up to her new nick name. From that moment on she was obsessed with aerial performances, but she couldn't leave the horses alone either. Her mind was made and she quickly took up dancing, although she had been dancing her whole life, seven is when she was beginning actual dance lessons. And she took them quickly.

Her trainer, who traveled with them, moved her onto the horses as Anteina was always around them. She had fun performing and dancing with the horses but she wanted to be higher, testing her limits. And her family completely supported her, so she went for it. When she found a trainer in the aerial performances when she was 9, she was in heaven. She took to the silks like a horse takes to galloping, it was natural. She was in love, and she quickly rose to the ranks of a serious performer. Traveling, Anteina was soon part of the performing circle and couldn't imagine doing anything else with her life. But, when she was 16 her adoptive parents died. Their deaths were up for debate on weather it was a murder or if it was an actual accident. Either way Anteina couldn't stay, she couldn't bare the thought of being near the place of where it all happened. She was torn apart and her other family members tried to take her under their wing, but she wouldn't have it. Instead she ran away and started on her own. She fell into a nasty group of people. Drugs, alcohol... it was all part of her life for 2 years. During those years she rarely touched silks or hoops or ropes, not even horses could she dare herself to go near. The years were hazy, and filled with a confusion of barely being sober the whole time.
On her 18th birthday someone took her to the circus and she was enthralled by the performances. She watched as the performers moved to entertain and do amazing things, and she was reminded of her true passion. It was a scary day though, as one of the aerial performers had made a miscalculation and fell. They hadn't died, but they were seriously injured. So, turns out they were hiring all of a sudden. Jumping on the chance, Anteina left the horrible groups she had been with and quickly sobered up. It was hard to sober up, but the aerial performing came back like riding a bike. She was in heaven again and being older and more mature, she new that she this was the right thing to do. She even got back into voltige a little bit, but being more confident for shows in the air, that is where she stayed. It was a small circus act, and it didn't really travel. So, when Coopers Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus came through... Well, it wasn't a hard decision for Anteina. A new life, a perfect refresher.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Ban "The Titan"

Species: Genetic engineered human cyborg

Appearance: Ban is six and half-foot tall bald human man with rough cut facial features and square jaw with thick dark eyebrows and having massive bulking ripped muscled body. There are no veins at surface of his muscles but his arms and back bear very old scars which look from injuries or beating. His eyes are dark blue in color (and seem faintly shimmer in dark) and he wears classic carnival strongman outfit; a leopard fur loincloth with dark thick leather belt with large golden belt buckle with simple image of a bull and wearing pair of sandals. Any his biomechanical parts are well concealed but detectable on most X-ray scans and his eye shimmering is from his natural looking biomechanical eyes providing light to his eyes to able see in low-light and darkness conditions.

Personality: A slow thinking man who is kind and loves children and also loves soft fluffy animals/things. Has sweet tooth and likes to laugh with people. Friendly and hates violence. Although a showman he is rather shy towards women whom he is attracted to. He is very loyal to his fellow carnies and especially towards Cooper Smith whom he thanks for his freedom from oppressive life. He is also quite emphatic personality.

Sexuality: Straight

Profession: Strong Man and Freak

Act(s): In his strong man acts Ban shows off his immense strength and thanks his biotech being well concealed he can fool most audience think he is freak of nature. But some folks in audience suspect or even knows he has biotech. But none the less Ban makes his showcases of strength entertaining and fun as possible with cooperation and planning with other carnies and Cooper who designed most his acts. Also thanks his immense strength and biotech enhanced durability, audience is allowed to have swing at Ban by trying harm him varies ways and in utter shock see all their attempts fail....not because of rigged weapons or tools in disposal, but that they were already measured against Ban and Ban does not get any real harm from them. One act example includes him smacked down by stone grinder and the grinder gets more harmed than him.

Extra Talents: Besides immense strength and durability Ban has no real other talents. He was never educated, cannot read nor write. He had lived his most life as a miner so he knows basics of mining and knows mining tools but does not know how things worked organization wise or what he exactly mined up. He was never taught how to fight and he refuses to learn as he desires no violence (but if pressured he can do kicks and punches although attacks are clumsy and not anywhere skilled martial artist level). But with Cooper's or others guidance his strength can be lend to great utility purposes in the carnival what they are running.

Bio: Ban was born to planet called Nexius-01. It was G10 planet which mass and density created unique and sturdy minerals (including producing one hardest metals in galaxy; Iridium). However thanks the massive gravity it for many years remained unmined until the corporation started long process of recruiting a higher gravity genetic possessing people and started extensive bio engineering process for their offspring.

The process details start since conception to engineer children to have maximum human potential genetic engineering to endure up to G5 gravity forces (which is highest ever recorded). They live in higher G environment and birth is also done in there. Children are raised, trained since birth to have maximum possible natural muscle mass. Then when they reach maturity they are injected directly on their bones Iridium to coat their bones through advanced nanotech process, strengthen all their bone structure to be unbreakable. Then most their internal organs are replaced with a biotech created or reinforced via extensive surgery and then further their skins are infused with nanotech which injects chemicals to make their skin harder but keep it's flexibility. Also because lack of light in planet's surface all their eyes are adjusted to able deal low-light and dark conditions.

In short creating one such human male cyborg costs millions of dollars....a far more than any single individual can afford and so since birth the children are indebted to the corporation by the law rest of their lives. They would work in planet's surface in mining minerals in low quality life style until they die with no hopes for release. Further more corporation exploits their super cyborg humans in bloody illegal arena matches where they fight alien beasts and other contestants (who have low to no chance beating them).

Ban's case his story was standard, he was born slave and he worked since age 15 in the mines. His muscle mass grew only slightly at the time as he was by since age 15 introduced to the biotech process which took a year to complete with minimal rejection from his body (any rejections to process provided lethal to the children although causality had been minimized in recent years to avoid wasted resources). In age of 25 he was forcefully introduced to arena combat....he was slow thinking man who had no grudges on his simple life. But when faced with fluffy (and by his mind cute) beast who was beaten to aggressive behavior to attack him, he refused to fight! He wrestled, but he used softest grips and simply tired the beast out despite crowd yelled for blood! But he refused give killing blow even when given weapon to do so and the beast was promptly blasted to pieces to appease the crowd....and he was then first time beaten with energy whips and it became regular event after each match where he refused kill or harm his opponent.

Cooper Smith had seen one such matches and he saw what was done to Ban behind the screens, so he secretly helped Ban to escape and then smuggle him out from the asteroid arena through his ship and out of gratitude Ban joined Cooper's show as strongman and been since with Cooper for five years. However, the corporation who still 'owns' him is tracking him down constantly and bounty hunters are lookout for him and that's why he rarely leaves the ship or carnival area.

One1

Today i was out of home, same will happen tomorrow. I will post my character sheet in around thursday. Just so you guys won't pass on me (:
||Piggy

IrishWolf

Lovely characters, the both of you. I am working with Rainbow and Curvy on their characters but I hope to open the game officially on Friday.

Heres what I'm thinking for our first stop. Its going to be a Belt world, ruled by a monarchy, the traveling show has been there a few times before but this time, they are arriving in time for the crown princess's sixteenth birthday. They do a "private" show just for her and by request expose her to everything the show has to offer before the official opening. Then it starts getting fun. Nobles start trying to get performers to come to their estates and but on an act or two as honored quests, hoping to attract royal favor in a few weeks worth of  dinners and parties while the circus is there, while at the same time, radical revolutionaries try to use the circus and the parties as cover to cause a little chaos and hopefully pull down the current government. 

How does that sound?