Re-Modeling?

Started by kylie, May 17, 2006, 08:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylie

Okay, so some time back I started up this game called Model Hostages where a group of models is, like you guessed it by a bunch of terrorists.  This flopped.  Partly because I gave too many characters the benefit of the doubt as to whether they'd fit in, and partly because I didn't want to spend a lot of time managing a horde of NPCs or wringing arms to coordinate odd PC villains.

I'm thinking about working that theme again.  I would like to have more focused help, and not get so bogged down about how the villains or location are organized.  I'm thinking this could be done as a freeform 1-1 with multiple characters per player.   Discuss story direction OOC and shift characters, environment, and plot details as we go.  No system, little in the way of character sheets (perhaps some photos for reference), talk out the details OOC, more tension and flow.  The previous deal was Islamic terrorists taking over a car show floor in Southeast Asia, but other environments are possible too (as thoughts: cruise ship, fashion show, club or private party). 

Pace:  Quite moderate, not rapid-fire but substantial posts.  A good paragraph to a page or so, say 2-3 times a week occasionally a little more or less often.  I don't usually do one-line exchanges, except maybe for OOC q&a etc.  (I also like chat, if anyone  considers all this  amusing enough to keep appointments for.)

Key ingredients:

1. Kinks:  general confinement, clothing and various physique fetishes, verbal abuse, humiliation, forced posing or exhibitionism, molestation, (forced) lesbianism, mild to moderate pain and torture, bondage perhaps including predicament bondage, turntables (some of the models might get revenge and be able to dominate occasionally, though not absolutely necessary). 

2. Irony:  I'd like to toy with the ideas of how models use looks to attract and keep safe at once, how both models and fighters are disciplined and use bodies, how money drives them, how they compete among their own kind as well as with each other, how such characters change when they meet each other, etc.  This is just skimming the surface.  No essays, but a few quips and some very ironic interaction here and there amidst the sensations. 

3.  Character Ideas (not set in stone).  Reluctant and resistant models, and captors more and less prone to take advantage, and confusion among both sides...  A chauvinist terrorist with a quiet seething desire to compel presentations of female submission.  A  cold, moralistic career woman who might slowly decide to join a crime spree.  An occasional villain who might be softened to a model's will through her wiles - perhaps even or especially while he is abusing her.  Lesbians trying to hide their relationship from their captors but being forced to compete or to lesbianize other models.  A spy among the models, who the captors attempt to identify and torture some information out of?  Could also extend to police interlopers, victims from a more general pool of people at the scene, etc.

I would like to focus more on playing model(s) to start with, but I'd prefer someone who can at least think a little through the eyes of both captor and captive.  I do like to switch roles from time to time or have flexibilty in helping different parts of the story.  And I sometimes feel out of sync with people who seem to constantly broadcast only top/dom(me) or sub/bottom.  At least, that happens if I get the impression they assume strict role assumption from me.

I do still think it would be neat to get a handful of people that could share this sort of game environment and keep it moving in a cooperative way, but I'm not sure it's real  feasible.  So for now I'd like someone who can positively get into a lot of this, and we can develop it around us as we go.

King_Furby

Just saying i liked reading about your idea. Interesting concept and I thought it was very creative.

kylie

Hey, thanks! 

It seemed like a few people did like the concept before.  There just turned out to be too many separate directions in mind, and maybe too few villains that weren't leaning softy.

Btw, assume it's still open unless otherwise noted.  Questions and inspirations welcome, etc.

Ariabella

Kylie, I thought this was a great idea originally and I'd love to join in again as a model.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Mistiq

I liked the idea too, it wasn't archieved when I came here. Problem was it seemed too far along for me to join.

kylie

There's no archive, no one asked to keep anything and I had it dumped. 

I'm sorta leaning toward trying a different setting this time, but either way.

kylie

Bump... I'm throwing this one open again, if there's interest. 

I'd really like to get someone who can shift between a few character perspectives and doesn't mind dragging out the tension and irony more than getting hard, overwhelming, and nasty right away.  Ideally someone leaning more toppish.  Though maybe  best if you can write in activity involving other models' personalities at times, to keep things balanced and put more eyes on the plot.  And I'll probably still go rather leisurely for pace.

One rather high-flying version (hotel, high floor, slightly classed-up) was opened in NCNF as If Looks Could Kill.  It could be building on that setup, or someplace different. 

Drop a PM if you like, or use this space for general questions...  Thanks.

Xerial

With a potential writing partner for this, which side are you looking for them to play... or is it a little of both?

Lyria

If this is still maybe going to happen as a game with multiple players, I might be interested in reviving my model.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

kylie

Sorry, was quiet for a while so been off a bit.

Quote from: Xerial on August 18, 2006, 04:40:31 PM
With a potential writing partner for this, which side are you looking for them to play... or is it a little of both?

Some of both might be ideal.  Or at least, be able to shift a couple other models around in the scenery and for plot advancement believably.

I'd like to run a model or few at various points, and I'd generally spend more time on them than the baddies -- so it might work if someone mainly wants to run the terror crowd.  Just, I like the feel of it being bigger than a given couple (makes more opportunities for little twists), so if there can be a few shifts of perspective or at least references to other things going on from time to time.   

kylie

Quote from: Lyria on August 18, 2006, 04:55:47 PM
If this is still maybe going to happen as a game with multiple players, I might be interested in reviving my model.

I'm thinking it's probably too specialized to keep more than a small group on track, after the last time.  I certainly don't want to end up spending much time dealing with a side with so many different assumptions going around again.  1-1 might be more doable?