Kings and Queens

Started by Kate, January 09, 2010, 03:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydonai

alright! so I was thinking of rping in other nation's thread sending envoys of my nation to discuss treaties and trades between other nation and mine, anyone wants to be the first? I was thinking my envoy should logically reached Velar first but if Scribbles has other plan I'm open to sending my envoy elsewhere first.

Sasha

well you got to get past those monsters first ... smiles .

then you can visit scribbles ...

you could always play a part in another nation .

Sydonai

ehh? there's a monster guarding a way to Velar? hmm if that's so then we would need another side story just to reach the other kingdom.

and yeah I am planning to be a storyteller myself, but I'm a bit more specialized I guess :P if there's any story regarding a quest for lost ruins or artifacts or colonization then I'm your man! 8-) I love setting up surprises...unpleasant surprises that is hehe >:)

Scribbles

No monsters guarding the way to Velar that I know of...
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Sydonai

great! then I'll be posting in your nation thread as soon as I'm finished with the branching thread of my nation's first quest

Black Orchid

Man, I really want to join this, but I'm so bad at running a country and such, I'd be a horrible leader, everything would implode on itself... anyone looking for a sister princess? -_-
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

Sydonai

well....I think we would welcome more nations, more nation means more storyteller and the more the merrier ;D but if you're content with just rping as a single character then you could asks around, I think scribble's nation of Velar has lots of princesses in it and some of them which she won't be roleplaying and I have a few female leaders of my nation that I'm willing to let someone else roleplay.

Black Orchid

Actually~, I might just make a country, it's just so confusing to me, I read the rules—carefully, three times really, this time—and I think I could manage it. I'm one who is willing to try anything once, but I'm not sure how well I could be in war, I don't really enjoy them (writing, and reading it I mean) but in any country, they needs some sort of attack and defense. I'm not really power crazy, and do not mind if my army was pretty weak. But I wanted my country to be more on the healing side (great healing resources, and all that) I also know of a few things to fill in with for what they do and don't have. The problem is, this is all new to me, so I have no idea what type of outline to use. If I had a chart to follow, I would have a better understanding of how to fill it in.

Quote from: Kate on January 09, 2010, 03:00:51 AM
The culture of your nation is of your choosing (amicable sexuality standards imply trade relations ...remember trade relations between nations is formed on a lot less), however you need choose one necessity  (in the dark age culture ie food medicine etc) and one luxury  (gems art / whatever) that your community can make well beyond its needs (ie it can trade tem) but also choose two necessities  it can't easily manage by its own means. You also have to provide one link or picture of
a) a typical landscape of your land
b) a picture of your "castle." (or "home" if your residence is exotic)
c) a picture of what "you" (king or queen) look like.

These are just basics, but to avoid being ignorant of this type of setting, I've looked at others country format and learned a few things that would be needed; though, the fear of plagiarism lingers, so I just ask what would be the best way to write a profile of my country. Examples in what I mean is that some had Religion, and others even had the geographical structures. I won't be able to think of anything good off the top of my head, but I also don't want to damper the building of a country by leaving out important details—an outline would help a newcomer like me out! :-)
O&O of a Flower

Sasha

This is the link to the world threads ...and the land that all are located on .

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57777.0

I never built a kingdom before either ...I suppose you start with a central concept ..what type of people are they , history of which ..move out to the culture ...define religion if any ...then add the economic aspects , what do they produce what could they export ....based on where located what could they use.

One does not have to have a strong military nation ...but what are your defenses ...what protects you from the outside world . Mystoria is not really a military powerhouse ..rather on the surface a peace loving nation that isolated itself .

If you feel making an entire kingdom would be too much ..that is understandable ..I pulled my own hair out for a few days. Used a few others organized builds to go off of ..Sydonai has a well laid out kingdom I am still jealous of . Grins . As well as many of the others ...Scribbles worked on hers and revised it several times to the place now I am also quite amazed .

Lyrus has an interesting undersea kingdom ....and Cookie Monster .< Urbanzorro > well that evil kingdom just makes my heart skip a beat.

Athena built a kingdom ..I just not sure what to do with that in my mind ...but it is well done.

BigBad Wolf made ...Untheria ..I just not sure where it is on the map yet.

Anyways ...as Sydonai said ...I am sure if you like a kingdom already built and would like to play a character already created ..just send a pm to the one who created the kingdom. I am sure it will make them most happy to let you play along with them.

I have 2 male characters open ...in the missionary party ...that will be heading out soon.  I was going to play Radella for sure ...and had picked up Bethonia ..but if your interested pm me .

Kate

you could choose a loose culture

Perhaps ones that live on ships ?

Or one that is more a faction that has members throughout many lands ?

What others have done is just detailed what they wanted to at the time and added to it when they felt like it.

Its more a backgroup for justifying your character than anything else - role playing will soon (ideally) be more the focus.

Having a vivid culture or nation makes things easier for you later when you feel like justifying any quirks or traits or beleifs your character has - and also gives others hooks for visiting your nation or having relations with your group.

No rush on this one many just trickle in when it suits them

Black Orchid

Okay, thank you; Sasha this gave me a lot of ideas, I thought of something, and all that is left is to write it out. Hopefully it be adequate, now that I have comfort in coming back to edit.  :-)
O&O of a Flower

Kate

just add it to the world thread when you are ready (whatever state you have it in should be fine)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57777.msg2626682#msg2626682