Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

No problem at all! Basically, we're looking for one or two more players to play a Tamers Digimon, so if you're ok with the Digimon already being selected, then go ahead! I know that Tomoya's player, pendarious, would prefer a player to take on the role of his Veemon so if you're interested in playing a Veemon (though starting at the In-Training II level) then just take a nose at the opening topic, read through the information, then PM him to start chatting about your Digimon Bio (the code for which is in the topic Post) :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kimera

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 13, 2016, 10:09:53 AM
No problem at all! Basically, we're looking for one or two more players to play a Tamers Digimon, so if you're ok with the Digimon already being selected, then go ahead! I know that Tomoya's player, pendarious, would prefer a player to take on the role of his Veemon so if you're interested in playing a Veemon (though starting at the In-Training II level) then just take a nose at the opening topic, read through the information, then PM him to start chatting about your Digimon Bio (the code for which is in the topic Post) :-)

Ok, I'll have a look, even though demiveemon wouldn't be my first choise ^^

I suppose the other option is making another tamer + mon?

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, the other option is making another Tamer, though I do have to say that since we've currently got 6 Tamers already, it would have to be a pretty impressive / interesting character for us to push to 7. We have two spots open for Tamers, yes, but now that I have 6 Tamers, I get to be picky ;)
In any case, he won't be staying as Demi-Veemon for long; they'll digivolve pretty much as soon as they "truly" accept each other as partners, and then he'll stay as Veemon unless he's Digivolving for battle. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kimera

Well its the entire veemon line actually I'm not that fond off. (same for the other gen 2 starting digimon)

I'll give it some more thought then ^^

Vergil Tanner

Well, the other Digimon we have is Kokuwamon and that line, played by Kiric Rand. He doesn't mind whether his Digimon is played by a player or by him, so you could always take that Partner?

Kimera

I don't even know that one, or its line. What are its prior and evolved forms?

Vergil1989

Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil Tanner

Lesse...his current planned progression is:

Caprimon ---> Kokuwamon ---> Guardromon ---> Andromon.

So hopefully that's to your tastes! :D

And shush, Vergil, be nice. :P

Vergil1989

Sorry sorry.  It wasn't meant to come off as snarky.   :-[
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Kimera

Oh harsh.

I checked this one: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuwamon, but wasn't all too clear on its evolution. Not the one given by Vergil Tanner at least.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, the above is the Digivolution path currently planned out...so are you interested in taking that role? :-)

Kimera

Oh hey.

Would there possible be any wiggle room for alternative options to the open digimon? Or are they set in stone?

Vergil Tanner

Well, the ones that are available are the ones that the players have chosen for their characters. Whether they're set in stone or there's a little wiggle room is up to the players themselves, but bear in mind that every Digimon needs to have a connection to the character, with both something to teach them and something to learn from them. Since the digimon were chosen after fairly length discussions with each player as to what they were looking for and what they wanted in their Partner, don't be surprised if the players are reluctant to change their preferred selection. :P

Kimera

Hmmm, I guess that is true. I was not aware the digimon where chosen as supplements/moral compas until after just finishing reading the entire recruitment discussion.

Offcourse this is assuming this game runs on the sort of stereotype for each digimon?

Vergil Tanner

Well, it's pretty much how it was in the old Digimon cartoons; they were assigned as both "Similar But Different" Partners who could grow with the Trainer, but also as people in their own right who needed to learn from the Tamer and the Tamer from them.

And yeah, because the species tends to share certain characteristics, there is a certain amount of stereotyping going on because in the series species showed a certain propensity towards certain behaviours as a whole (Leomons, for example, were loyal and proud as a rule). There is some variance within that, of course, but within a certain degree.

Kimera

Well I guess I'll have to pass then. No sense playing anything I don't like.

Vergil Tanner

If that's what you think is best, I understand. Sorry we couldn't give you what you wanted, and I hope you have better luck in future! And if you know anybody who MIGHT be interested, point them our way ;) :P

Kimera

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 14, 2016, 05:40:51 AM
If that's what you think is best, I understand. Sorry we couldn't give you what you wanted, and I hope you have better luck in future! And if you know anybody who MIGHT be interested, point them our way ;) :P

It's not that I don't want to join though, but making a tamer so I could play a digimon alongside it (with the rather large chance of not getting approved), might not be worth the work either.

Vergil Tanner

Well, I didn't say it was a large chance of being rejected, just that I have the luxury of being picky now ;) We obviously have a preference for Digimon, but if you pitch a tamer I find interesting and fills a niche within the team that isn't met yet, you'll likely be accepted. I mean, for example, most of our males are either cold and detached, or just utter assholes. :P If you have a character you want to play, let us see it! :P

Theo

Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

Vergil Tanner

Possibly! There's one male or female slot open, but we get to be really picky :P So if you whip up a character concept bio, I'll take a look! :D